• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IDAHO Smash Thread

Fyr3-STRIKE

Smash Apprentice
Well, when I host LC jack usually gets about 30 m/s (unless siblings have wii on the internet, etc..)
Westin gets about 18 m/s, And most people who join get between 30 and 40, but I've seen pretty much everything.

Don't you play on US East anyways? I would expect higher pings.

Knuttz can't be worse than Schlatter (who hasn't been in the smash scene for a while now). He played dazzle and bought boots of travel recipe and cranium basher recipe. Thats it.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
Well, when I host LC jack usually gets about 30 m/s (unless siblings have wii on the internet, etc..)
Westin gets about 18 m/s, And most people who join get between 30 and 40, but I've seen pretty much everything.

Knuttz can't be worse than Schlatter (who hasn't been in the smash scene for a while now). He played dazzle and bought boots of travel recipe and cranium basher recipe. Thats it.
I've played 4 games....ever...bc's played 3 games...ever....we're learning...if we are better than schlatter....then he's really bad...

QraQ

Smash Ace

You do know the region doesn't matter right? Hasn't for like 6 years. All servers are routed from Michigan now lol.

Fyr3-STRIKE

Smash Apprentice
I've played 4 games....ever...bc's played 3 games...ever....we're learning...if we are better than schlatter....then he's really bad...
Schlatters played like 2 real games...a few practices. He doesn't really get it. Eitherway, I like playing in noob games, its always fun :psycho:

Fyr3-STRIKE

Smash Apprentice
I need more people to play DotA.
Hey Knuttz and BC, can I have your BNet user name and which server do you play on?

I'm Lolenub @ Lordaeron and Lolenub @ Azeroth

Qraq was being ******** and either ignoring me or being AFK.

QraQ

Smash Ace
Hey Knuttz and BC, can I have your BNet user name and which server do you play on?

Rofl if you go a couple pages back I said I play East and you can come on and find me sometime. BC and Knuttz ply east as well so even more reason.
I added you so you can hit me up whenever you're on, cryBB lol.

Churro

Smash Journeyman
I herd...

Genesis does what Nintendon't.

I'd like to say my chances of going are good, but so far, I got some sudden money johns.
Still got about a month to fix that though, if I can't, might as well sell some games I don't play at all now.

I really want to play some smash right now.
Melee and Brawl, I stopped playing Brawl+ since really starting to get interest in melee.
As of now, my wavedashing, wavelanding, l cancelling, tech skillz have improved, but I really need to play you guys to get better. XD

Fyr3-STRIKE

Smash Apprentice
Rofl if you go a couple pages back I said I play East and you can come on and find me sometime. BC and Knuttz ply east as well so even more reason.
I added you so you can hit me up whenever you're on, cryBB lol.
I play both, and I saw you were there, but you were just chillin in a private channel not responding to any whispers.

Fyr3-STRIKE

Smash Apprentice
I herd...

Genesis does what Nintendon't.

I'd like to say my chances of going are good, but so far, I got some sudden money johns.
Still got about a month to fix that though, if I can't, might as well sell some games I don't play at all now.

I really want to play some smash right now.
Melee and Brawl, I stopped playing Brawl+ since really starting to get interest in melee.
As of now, my wavedashing, wavelanding, l cancelling, tech skillz have improved, but I really need to play you guys to get better. XD
SK, Jack, and I (Eagle Crew!) are all about the same at melee, well for the breakdown it goes

Tech Skill- I win here
Mind Games- Jack hands down
Combos- SK

Anyways, we need more people to play than just us. Obviously Knuttz, Gnosis etc.. are a lot better than us, so you should smash with us some time.

QraQ

Smash Ace
I play both, and I saw you were there, but you were just chillin in a private channel not responding to any whispers.
Ya im always afk on wc3. Get me on AIM or somethin. My usual hours of play are 8-12pm or 8-12am

You guy caught me when i was eating out lol

FeLixSainT

Smash Apprentice
I agree with Josh, tho I dont rly expect to ever have that kinda pace in my game. Mainly cause I think I'm too lazy to sustain it for very long lol.

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
SK, Jack, and I (Eagle Crew!) are all about the same at melee, well for the breakdown it goes

Tech Skill- I win here
Mind Games- Jack hands down
Combos- SK

Anyways, we need more people to play than just us. Obviously Knuttz, Gnosis etc.. are a lot better than us, so you should smash with us some time.
You should MM me in melee :)

My Bnet is Thrilla_Gorilla

gnosis

Smash Lord
Hey I can probably hold small smashfests at my place. Only got one setup, but room for at least one more setup and 5-ish people.

Fro, No U, kinx, lmn, felix, anyone else who wants to get better at melee (and help me get better), hit me up @ 608 9053. Fro and No U especially, just cuz I've played you guys a lot lately and I think there's some specific things I could help you guys with.

Idaho in general should step it up, we could all be a lot better at this game IMO.

No U

Smash Journeyman
Usually but not always, when you quote someone and then make a statement the statement is directed at the person you quoted.
He knows, he was commenting on the fact that you and Brandon always ask people for money matches like f@gs even though you've proven to be the best here.

Also, as far as genesis goes, I know I can go money-wise, since I have a job now, I just need to know what the travel plan would be so I can get the time off.

I can only smash on weekends now because I work Monday-Friday, so we should have a fest this weekend. If nobody sets anything big up I'll probably hit you up Gnosis.

Churro

Smash Journeyman
Knuttz should host a tournament this saturday :)
I'll bring a setup as usual/Knuttz' gas money that I owe him XD
I would host one myself but my house is so space limited/family johns.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
Knuttz should host a tournament this saturday :)
I'll bring a setup as usual/Knuttz' gas money that I owe him XD
I would host one myself but my house is so space limited/family johns.
I guess. smashfest saturday. who all wants to come?

AlCheMisT amari

Smash Journeyman
I guess. smashfest saturday. who all wants to come?
I want to come, but the key word is Want. I'll probly still make it if there is one.

Idaho in general should step it up, we could all be a lot better at this game IMO.
I'll step it up a little more when people are actually willing to drive outside the 10 mile radius that IZ boise and smash a lot with me/ Qraq at my/ his place or any other mountain home/ buhl/ Ontario/ where ever person.
And to avoid some biiching, I'm basing this off the fact that Gnosis is implying that "we should step it up" means "we should practice together more" and not practice on your own. cuz we all know that that's boring and annoying anyways. This is just a statement to say that if we all want to get better then we all have to commit, nothin against you gnosis. i was actually going to take you up on small smashfest.

QraQ

Smash Ace
I want to come, but the key word is Want. I'll probly still make it if there is one.

I'll step it up a little more when people are actually willing to drive outside the 10 mile radius that IZ boise and smash a lot with me/ Qraq at my/ his place or any other mountain home/ buhl/ Ontario/ where ever person.
And to avoid some biiching, I'm basing this off the fact that Gnosis is implying that "we should step it up" means "we should practice together more" and not practice on your own. cuz we all know that that's boring and annoying anyways. This is just a statement to say that if we all want to get better then we all have to commit, nothin against you gnosis. i was actually going to take you up on small smashfest.
You have to travel to Boise considering most of the community is there.
Don't force people to come to mh...

FeLixSainT

Smash Apprentice
I can probly do saturday. I have a ride so Id just need directions to where it'll be.

AlCheMisT amari

Smash Journeyman
You have to travel to Boise considering most of the community is there.
Don't force people to come to mh...
The fact that the majority of the community is in Boise is the reason why our community barely grows because new people have a hard time always traveling to the majority to be really even considered part of the community. I'm not forcing them to come to mount homo because I know they never would anyways. Other than Bryan, I don't even think anyone else in Mh is interested in the community anymore because no one ever comes here and they have a hard time going to boise to smash with the "majority".

gnosis

Smash Lord
I dont really have a way of getting to mountain home unless someone else is already going.

I mainly meant practicing with people though, yeah. But I think people should play a little more on their own too, just like 10-15 min a day working on tech skill. Idaho's tech skill's pretty lack luster.

For example, our spacies miss too many l-cancels. BC's like the only Idaho spacie who doesn't get really easily shield grabbed because he usually hits his l-cancels and is able to shine/whatever. Go practice the timing for when you whiff and the timing for when you hit, and if you hit higher up or lower down, and when you fastfall etc. Good way to do that is to put stars on to make your dummy invincible, or fighting bowser with a high handicap and low damage ratio, and just getting down the different timings.

That's just an example of things people could work on alone to improve noticeably.

edit:Also when practicing tech skill and you mess up, how you mess up usually tells you what you need to do to fix it. Then just focus on getting that aspect right and go through the motions in your head.

Like when you first learn wavedashing, you can figure out the timing by seeing what happens too early and what happens too late. Too early and you don't airdodge at all, too late and you see/hear the airdodge, etc. Same principle applies to most everything I've ever tried to learn in this game, pivoting, moonwalking, wavedashing from the ledge, etc. If you get it wrong, how you get it wrong tells you what you need to do to get it right.

One thing this might not work great for is L-canceling; for that just know that the general rule is hitting L within a 7 frame window before you land, and getting used to that window and how it's shifted by hitlag)

knuttz45

Smash Ace
The fact that the majority of the community is in Boise is the reason why our community barely grows because new people have a hard time always traveling to the majority to be really even considered part of the community. I'm not forcing them to come to mount homo because I know they never would anyways. Other than Bryan, I don't even think anyone else in Mh is interested in the community anymore because no one ever comes here and they have a hard time going to boise to smash with the "majority".
Then throw a smashfest? if people from boise come, they come. if they don't , they don't. but you get to play with what....like 5+ people? Remember, if you can get one person to drive, then you get 3 people. right? You have 4 people in mh...th, alch, kab, zach...you guys are like the old, bc, knuttz, gnosis, qraq....if you guys would just play each other MORE and focus on getting better...

....also do what gnosis says. don't play 1 hour a week, play 10 minutes a day. its much better to stay consistent like that. also, when you play, figure out recording. if you can record, and just watch the dvd, you can see your mistakes, and get better. walmart recorders are 50 bucks....dvd rw+ are 20 bucks for like 10..70 bucks split between two people, and you have everything you need to record....screw youtube and posting...just watch vids, reformat the cd...there you go!

bnet is knuttz for dota guys

Mecakoto

Smash Journeyman
So Smashfest tomorrow? If so I'll bring a Tv and Brawl+.

Edit: Forgot about something. I might not be able to make it... If I can, I'll bring a Tv & Brawl+.

Edit2: As long as I don't sleep in, I can go. Also, same place as last time?

craztad

Smash Journeyman
I will bring my cube this time just in case we happen to have too many tv's again. (how it ever happened once i don't know) and i will also bring metroid prime in case anyone gets bored and wants to see some speed running amazement haha. How is this going to work with bc's halo tourny there too? twill be interesting!?!?!...!.?..!hehe!!??

Churro

Smash Journeyman
It's being hosted at Knuttz' house.

Tate, Metroid Prime speed run???
cool

I saw one online a few years ago, intense stuff.

Anyways, since we were cleaning up the house completely, my family decided to host a yard sale tomorrow, and they're pretty much leaving me to take care of it.
I'm still coming to this, and will be on my way around 4-5.

Great timing though, I've been meaning to get rid of so many things, all electronics, games, pc*aka the only good stuff people search for in yard sales. :)

Money I get from that will probably go towards Genesis, if we do end up going.
2 weeks away... =/

Churro

Smash Journeyman
yeah it's today.
yard sale is boring, sold my pc and someone's interested in Mario Kart Wii :D
[/random update]

FeLixSainT

Smash Apprentice
knuttz can i get quick directions pls. I kinda remember where your place is but i need to make sure.
Edit* nvm i found ur address. but i need confirmation whether or not this is still going on.

Top Bottom