• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IDAHO Smash Thread

joeplicate

Smash Master
I've done some serious thinking. It ranges from logistics to gameplay probablility to what fun means to me and even probability. I've started to consider Brawl+ as a possible gameplay option. If it DOES get a final code-set, it will no doubt become a tournament standard. It has the potential to do that, I am sure. There are even options to get it without having to own Twilight Princess...

We'll see.
how about, play a game if you like it LOL

and you can get brawl+ set up with USB gecko

Fyr3-STRIKE

Smash Apprentice
I'm open in the afternoon tomorrow, so what time will this thing go down?

List of things I can bring...
-Mini TV
-Wii w/ Homebrew (Brawl+)
-Brawl
-Melee
-Gamecube

I'm thinking I'll bring all but the GC, unless someone has an extra T.V. but no setup (which isn't the case ever)

Turtlehoop

Smash Ace
We aren't "douchebags", Dan, you just have things you need to settle with us here before you expect us to just take rides from you.

Brandon, only way I can go is if I get picked up by Meca and his crew.

acllaim

Smash Cadet
I'll be riding there with Meca. I can bring 2-3 TVs if they're needed, assuming Meca's trunk isn't full of his usual redneck items.

scarykid78

Smash Journeyman
YES bring the TVs acclaim! TVs being brought by people who want to Brawl is the how were going to end up being able to Brawl. You bring TV's on your side and I can provide Wiis/Brawl no my side.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
when is this btw...when is everyone coming to my house? .someone pick up turtlehoop and mountain home kids...hint hint to mountian home guy driving....sk when u comgin?

scarykid78

Smash Journeyman
Well I have to mow my huge *** lawn first which i havent done in like 3 weeks so thats going to take a few hours.. but i can come pretty much whenever after that

acllaim

Smash Cadet
We're leaving within the hour, and I'm taking a PS3 and arcade sticks because they're still packed in a backpack of mine and it's convenient. :p

gnosis

Smash Lord
At least 2 tvs need to be Melee, so we can do more singles. People wanna get better at this game and it's the only way.

Fyr3-STRIKE

Smash Apprentice
Best quotes of the Smashfest (something along the lines of this),
Turtlehoop - Whos MC Hammer?
Fro - Are you serious?
Turtlehoop - I don't play street fighter so I wouldn't know.
=
Fro - Hey Turtlehoop I got my pokemon cards so I can play now
Turtlehoop - I don't carry my pokemon cards, only my yu-gi-oh cards.

Churro

Smash Journeyman
Did I miss this?
or is it tomorrow?

confused by some comments.

(lulz, finally made another smashboards account, I forgot the one I made in 2004)

FeLixSainT

Smash Apprentice
Heya guys, I'm back in town. Btw pls tell me you guys have checked out this new Master Hand thing cause I only just found out today and I'm like........ o.o

Churro

Smash Journeyman
I have, did some basic tests, tried killing him by doing moves that would seem to kill him (down slam in pokefloats to see if it would ko) in pretty much the scrolling stages, he can't be killed out of screen, only in stamina mode.

Apparently, you can't do classic mode as him. It was the first thing that came to mind.
Master Hand ditto.
:(

knuttz45

Smash Ace
churro, pm me your number...you totally missed this, because i didn't have your number....****it churro!!!!!!.....yeah, and i ***** with master hand!!!! it really works, seriouslly, i showed everyone.... lolololol....but seriouslly...here are the tourney results...

Melee:
1: Knuttz
2: Gnosis
3: No U
4: Alchemist
5: Tatems
5: Turtlehoop
7: DarkX
7: Rabid Jackcal
9: Scarykid
9: Fro
9: Mekatoe
9: WestinBESTIN

Brawl:
2: DarkX
3: MEO
4: Scarykid
5: Rabid Jackcal
7: Mekatoe
7: Tatems
9: No U
9: Alchemist

yeah i won both...so what? suckas!!!! (gnosis went gannon only in melee...thats the ONLY reason i won...)

Churro

Smash Journeyman
I seriously thought I had sent phone number before, anyways, will do.

I was just about to ask if there was going to be any tourneys soon, so it really sucks XD
oh well

I never envisioned a tourney during the weekdays :laugh:

gnosis

Smash Lord
churro, pm me your number...you totally missed this, because i didn't have your number....****it churro!!!!!!.....yeah, and i ***** with master hand!!!! it really works, seriouslly, i showed everyone.... lolololol....but seriouslly...here are the tourney results...

Melee:
Should probably remove Fro, or add a note, cuz he only played one match before leaving and auto-losing. Also this wasn't even really a tourney lol so I guess it doesn't actually matter.

edit: think i might've won with ganon if knuttz wasn't jiggz :/ cuz i have no idea what to do against her with ganon

QraQ

Smash Ace
Should probably remove Fro, or add a note, cuz he only played one match before leaving and auto-losing. Also this wasn't even really a tourney lol so I guess it doesn't actually matter.

edit: think i might've won with ganon if knuttz wasn't jiggz :/ cuz i have no idea what to do against her with ganon
Win?
Same tactic Kage uses

Mecakoto

Smash Journeyman
Ah. That was fun. Well worth the 7+ total hours of driving I did... I did better performance-wise with Melee then I expected. I still managed 2nd from last, though. :laugh: I know we are all ranked 9th. Let me have some sense of satisfaction. =p

I also need to figure out why the hell I don't open with Luigi in Brawl... I can't figure it out... Not that it matters to much. Brawl+ for now on for me.

Also, I need to know this... what makes my online name so special that anyone who sees it instantly refuses to either say it correctly or spell it correctly. I just can't get it...

The most recent one is Mekatoe... Ah well... I don't mind. I'm just curious.

***Goes to Sleep***

AlCheMisT amari

Smash Journeyman

Melee:

yeah i won both...so what? suckas!!!! (gnosis went gannon only in melee...thats the ONLY reason i won...)
Uh, and I went Falco only? I wanted to try getting better at falco, but Seth apparently has played them before so i didnt know what to do. I wanted to have Qraq play me for a while so i can get down some stuff, but he no show and BC no show.

Ha, yea, "tourny" is right. shouldve been more friendlies and less time with the "tourney" cuz i wanted to work on that tek skill with falco with some non-computer players. But next time perhaps.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
Toon Link is not god in brawl+ lol.
IK say the Brawl+ tier list goes:

1: Squirtle
2: MK
3: Sheik
wheres jiggz? and the latest beta release, gannon is **** as hell too....killing with fair at 70%-80%...with a range of greater than marths fsmash in melee.....that would put him in top 5....at least....

sk, who's wii was that...i want all of his files and skins...that kriby skin was epic...cause he looks so goofy...

QraQ

Smash Ace
wheres jiggz? and the latest beta release, gannon is **** as hell too....killing with fair at 70%-80%...with a range of greater than marths fsmash in melee.....that would put him in top 5....at least....

sk, who's wii was that...i want all of his files and skins...that kriby skin was epic...cause he looks so goofy...
Nah Ganon wouldn't be top 5.
I'd say in a top 10 it would be:

4: Snake
5: G&W
6: Jiggz
7: ICs
8: Marth
9: Falco
10: Fox

With all the hitstun in brawl+ characters like Ganon get abused easily.

AlCheMisT amari

Smash Journeyman
What does that have to do with anything? Going falco's such a handicap, all those bad matchups lol

What were you working on that only fighting Qraq would've helped you get down?
Well i know BC plays falco and Qraq plays some falco, they would've had some constructive feedback.

Nah Ganon wouldn't be top 5.
I'd say in a top 10 it would be:

4: Snake
5: G&W
6: Jiggz
7: ICs
8: Marth
9: Falco
10: Fox

With all the hitstun in brawl+ characters like Ganon get abused easily.
In what way is squirtle overcoming MK? I haven't played this enough.
Same with how ICs change in... something.

Top Bottom