• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IDAHO Smash Thread

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Ok this thread has turned into alot of bull****.

Brandon you're arrogant.
Brian you're hopeless.

And Brawl+ may not be balanced YET [keyword yet]. But it has potential to be a great game. A game that can be modified can be balanced. Simple.

P.S. T.Hoop keep your MH squabbles off of SWF.
so I was waiting for u to say ggs and good **** etc lol.

but it will take a long time to balance brawl+, a very long time. Id consider it if it gets close tho. but also it would be a nice thing to be able to update and u arent stuck with what u got right out the box

Roager

Smash Ace
I've done some serious thinking. It ranges from logistics to gameplay probablility to what fun means to me and even probability. I've started to consider Brawl+ as a possible gameplay option. If it DOES get a final code-set, it will no doubt become a tournament standard. It has the potential to do that, I am sure. There are even options to get it without having to own Twilight Princess...

We'll see.
It can't become an 'official' tourney standard, I think, cuz Nintendo would likely hear about it, and rage all over the organizers. But it could become a popular private tourney tool, which could kill vanilla Brawl tournament participation.

Mecakoto

Smash Journeyman
It can't become an 'official' tourney standard, I think, cuz Nintendo would likely hear about it, and rage all over the organizers. But it could become a popular private tourney tool, which could kill vanilla Brawl tournament participation.
I figured this. So, I came to the conclusion: why play a game competitively when no one around you wants to play the game competitively.

And when I play a game, I REALLY don't like it when someone a rank below my skill level can beat me just because they use a certain character. (we all know the one)

knuttz45

Smash Ace
I have a story for some people. You may not know this story, actually no one knows this story. Its about this girl. I took her out it was a Friday night. I wore cologne to get the feeling right.
We started making out and she took off my pants,But then I turned on the TV (to play smash). And that's about the time that she walked away from me, Nobody likes you when you're 23. :chuckle:

Mecakoto

Smash Journeyman
I have a story for some people. You may not know this story, actually no one knows this story. Its about this girl. I took her out it was a Friday night. I wore cologne to get the feeling right.
We started making out and she took off my pants,But then I turned on the TV (to play smash). And that's about the time that she walked away from me, Nobody likes you when you're 23. :chuckle:
Has kind of a poetic rhythm to it. :p

Turtlehoop

Smash Ace
Dom;

1) Brandon started it
2) It's Bryan *slap*
3) It's not a MH "squabble" when Boise/Meridian wants to get involved.

I don't care if you like me or not, but I'm not the one who does **** all the time.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
Dom;

1) Brandon started it
2) It's Bryan *slap*
3) It's not a MH "squabble" when Boise/Meridian wants to get involved.

I don't care if you like me or not, but I'm not the one who does **** all the time.
Srsly we're done with you.
You no longer invited come to our smashfests/tournies.
Kinda sucks cause we have nobody to begin with but you can't learn to leave well enough alone.
And really your number 1 reason is he started it? Grow up kid.

-QraQ

Turtlehoop

Smash Ace
Because the community is soooooo inviting as is, Dom. Grow up yourself. It didn't concern you, all you do is bash on people and DON'T help them, and you won't listen to people when they have concerns themselves.

Speak for yourself, not for me. You would have defended yourself to the same extent, if not greater, than I did just because that's who you are and it wouldn't have made a difference to anyone. I shouldn't be an exception.

QraQ

Smash Ace
Because the community is soooooo inviting as is, Dom. Grow up yourself. It didn't concern you, all you do is bash on people and DON'T help them, and you won't listen to people when they have concerns themselves.

Speak for yourself, not for me. You would have defended yourself to the same extent, if not greater, than I did just because that's who you are and it wouldn't have made a difference to anyone. I shouldn't be an exception.
It doesn't matter now cause you're out.
You're doneskies. Cry about it as much as you want but it's still done.
Been fun.

gnosis

Smash Lord
Banning people? Over some pretty mild forum drama? Seriously? Then telling them to "grow up kid"? Christ that's a lot of irony in one post.

Obviously I can't speak for a place that isn't my own, but Turtlehoop shouldn't banned, that's just silly.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
Banning people? Over some pretty mild forum drama? Seriously? Then telling them to "grow up kid"? Christ that's a lot of irony in one post.

Obviously I can't speak for a place that isn't my own, but Turtlehoop shouldn't banned, that's just silly.
What can I say, you're right.
How about I'm just not dealing with him myself anymore.
Banning really isn't my place.
As a matter of fact I'm pretty much done with idaho smash altogether if this is how our thread is ran. Not even sure why we have a thread, nothing gets done we just have these stupid squabbles all the time.
Down for fun smash always though.

-QraQ

gnosis

Smash Lord
This thread is -supposed- to be where new players come, tournaments are setup, smashfests are setup, rides to/from them are asked for, etc. etc. That and talking/arguing about smash directly, which I think is on topic and part of what the thread is about.

You're right though lots of dumb, irrelevant, personal arguments happen. That should stop but, eh, the only thing people can really do about it is ignore it. Which I tend to do unless smash gets involved (like people getting banned from smash, for instance).

edit: RabidJackal, all the pros are only on page 113 soooo....

Fyr3-STRIKE

Smash Apprentice
You guys really need to lighten up on TH.

This is all I have to say; whether you like it this way or not, there is NEVER a one-sided story.

Although alch may be the victim in this situation, there's stress on both parties.

Much like the car accident that happened at EHS this year. While the person who was hit will probably go through some physical struggles and health issues, the person who hit him will go through emotional trauma for life, knowing they could have done something otherwise.

Many of you are expecting TH to be over this whole issue and to just let it go, although sometimes it takes a bit more time to let things settle over.

We shouldn't make things worse than they already are. You guys are being d-bags and banning TH from Idaho smash. What will that do? Nothing. You guys are whining about TH when in turn you doing the exact same thing you are claiming hes doing. Don't be hypocrites. This is a real life situation were dealing with, not some 'cyber-bulling' case that is a serious joke. Be supportive of both sides, or the situation will never improve. That means ALL of you.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
fyr3...stop talking...th and my argument ended on 299....and if we want to talk and argue more, it won't be on a public forum. Remember, real life situations shouldn't be published on public forums...even for smash... Everyone has problems....then, th trying to have the last word because dom said we were bing dumb...kinda set qraq off...kiddies..i.e. "well i didn't start it...."Qraq was quick to the gun and said something harsh, and its not because of one situation...multiple multiple multiple different ones...but was still a little too quick to the gun....and admitted it...so right know...everyone is done talking about anything about the last two pages that involves th,me,alch,qraq...because its done....

we are going to talk about brawl plus, and how it will merge our idaho community into one.....jiggz and maybe wolf main suckas...

knutty mcknutterson...likes the 300 joke..

Turtlehoop

Smash Ace
People should mind their own business before tempting people and then not practicing what they preach.

Also Dom, I've been trying to get you to come and smash with me for fun to help me get better for weeks and you haven't. I know you've never liked me, but if you ever wanted my bull**** about my playing smash badly you could have helped.

Fyr3-STRIKE

Smash Apprentice
Yes, Brawl+ is where it is at. Although Wolfenstein 3D for Wii is keeping me from playing Brawl+. (Dang nostalgia)

Thomas and I are currently working on making sure that no character has a default costume. Were going to replace every single one with a custom texture. Were pretty close to finish as well, if any of you want the files when I'm finished.

@Qraq
Earlier you posted about DotA, I'm Lolenub on Lordaeron, whisper me some time if you want to play, I can host and I have LC. Also I play TBR 2 if you play that at all.

QraQ

Smash Ace
Yes, Brawl+ is where it is at. Although Wolfenstein 3D for Wii is keeping me from playing Brawl+. (Dang nostalgia)

Thomas and I are currently working on making sure that no character has a default costume. Were going to replace every single one with a custom texture. Were pretty close to finish as well, if any of you want the files when I'm finished.

@Qraq
Earlier you posted about DotA, I'm Lolenub on Lordaeron, whisper me some time if you want to play, I can host and I have LC. Also I play TBR 2 if you play that at all.
I'm QraQers on Azeroth. Let me know when you're on and I'll make an account on west.
Also do you hav AIM? I have a vent server as well.

gnosis

Smash Lord
I think the focus will be on Melee based on who's coming. Maybe Brawl+ if they're feeling silly.

edit: I don't know the address, just how to get there from here :/

craztad

Smash Journeyman
Mecakoto, if you can make it to Boise State University i can lead you the rest of the way. Or if your up to maybe getting lost a little you could google map it. My directions are silly but here they are anyways. Im assuming your coming on the freeway, go past the boise exits, take the meridian/eagle exit and turn right on eagle road, when on eagle road stay in the left lane until you get to the Ustick light, turn right there(there should be a walgreens on the left out in front of you, turn in front of the walgreens to the left just in case you can't see the signs soon enough to make it into the turning lane), from there go straight, you will come up on a light very quickly, go straight through it, when you come up on the next light turn right, then take the first right, then call knuttz and he can direct you from there. good luck!

scarykid78

Smash Journeyman
There will be lots of Brawl there with my Crew as well. EAGLE CREW *****ES! Anyways... Bring your Brawl friend. There will be plenty of Brawl willing people there.

Fyr3-STRIKE

Smash Apprentice
There will be lots of Brawl there with my Crew as well. EAGLE CREW *****ES! Anyways... Bring your Brawl friend. There will be plenty of Brawl willing people there.
So I'm your property now?

Also, BRAWL SUCKS*. If I bring my set-up, Melee or Brawl+.

*Competitively

Mecakoto

Smash Journeyman
What time do you want us to be there?

Also, if TVs for Brawl are required, I have a small one I can bring. It isn't super-mini, but it is small. It'll work, though.

Once more to confirm: there will be Brawl there, right? Not Brawl+, but Brawl?

My friend might be open to Brawl+, though. I'm not sure...

Turtlehoop

Smash Ace
Meca, get a hold of me sometime. If you feel like stopping in Mountain Home to pick me up I can show you the way.
If you're bringing Aldo let me know. Rahim has my cell number if you need it at the last minute.
208 283 6120

Mecakoto

Smash Journeyman
Meca, get a hold of me sometime. If you feel like stopping in Mountain Home to pick up a couple of us (who will share gas) we can show you guys the rest of the way.
If you're bringing Aldo let me know. Rahim has my cell number if you need it at the last minute.
208 283 6120
My car will be full unfornately. Sorry. (it sucks that bad...)

Also, my number is 208-260-0488. Anyone can call me anytime. I don't mind. That's right. Anyone.

Edit: I might have space after all. Aldo might not go with me.. But Rahim will.. I don't know why.

QraQ

Smash Ace
My car will be full unfornately. Sorry. (it sucks that bad...)

Also, my number is 208-260-0488. Anyone can call me anytime. I don't mind. That's right. Anyone.

Edit: I might have space after all. Aldo might not go with me.. But Rahim will.. I don't know why.
Ok so when is this smashfest happening?
I want to be present for the new kids.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
mecakoto, you got everything you need. also who is all coming? for sure? SK? TH? ALCH? GNOSIS? TATE? NOU FRO?

AlCheMisT amari

Smash Journeyman
I'm like 90% sure. If my car is still stripped enough to where i can't drive it by the time my guy closes for the day then I'm out because I'm out of a car, but he's got 9 hours to work on it and it runs anyway.

So Dom, it's tuesday night (tmrw). And let me know if you go.

QraQ

Smash Ace
I'm like 90% sure. If my car is still stripped enough to where i can't drive it by the time my guy closes for the day then I'm out because I'm out of a car, but he's got 9 hours to work on it and it runs anyway.

So Dom, it's tuesday night (tmrw). And let me know if you go.
I'm busy defending your freedom =P

Top Bottom