• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IDAHO Smash Thread

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Are there even six smashers in Idaho? Ha ha, just joking guys.

scarykid78

Smash Journeyman
Thursday would be perfect. Just PM me the time and entry fee. Oh and the address i've lost it.

Sephiroth M

Smash Apprentice
Hey scary, sorry i couldn't make it. I ended up at my cousin's house for the weekend. But it looks like we will see each other at meridian ^.^.

Im serious. *barrel rolls*

gnosis

Smash Lord
Seriously, Idaho, we will help pay for gas. If you guys can bring 6 guys we will pay you guys 45 bucks for gas. That's a lot better than nothing.

Come to DoDu: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=113118
I don't wanna drive that far again so soon... so if someone else from Idaho was willing to drive, I'd go.

And for me, the trip from here to Eugene and back was 75 bucks. And I had gas to spare. So 30 bucks split 6 ways is a mere 5 dollars.

But maybe the person driving won't get as good of gas mileage as me. Even if they did, 6 people will probably take more than one car though, or a bigger vehicle that will most likely get worse mpg.

Just throwing this info out for anyone considering it.

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
I don't think anyone will be able to make it with school just starting back up it seems like everyone has to much to do but maybe the next one if you consult us about the date and **** could be worked out, as for this one i don't think anyone will make it.

Thursday would work for me if i could get a ride with someone. If someone gives me a ride it would be me and a friend and we wouldn't be able leave until about 615-630. So if anyone can give us a ride just send me a PM or post or something.

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
I don't wanna drive that far again so soon... so if someone else from Idaho was willing to drive, I'd go.

And for me, the trip from here to Eugene and back was 75 bucks. And I had gas to spare. So 30 bucks split 6 ways is a mere 5 dollars.

But maybe the person driving won't get as good of gas mileage as me. Even if they did, 6 people will probably take more than one car though, or a bigger vehicle that will most likely get worse mpg.

Just throwing this info out for anyone considering it.
This is good brain storming, gnosis, maybe we can get some other potato farmers in on this.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
I don't think anyone will be able to make it with school just starting back up it seems like everyone has to much to do but maybe the next one if you consult us about the date and **** could be worked out, as for this one i don't think anyone will make it.

Thursday would work for me if i could get a ride with someone. If someone gives me a ride it would be me and a friend and we wouldn't be able leave until about 615-630. So if anyone can give us a ride just send me a PM or post or something.
I could probably go thursday . I get off school at 4:55. I have to pick up someone from work, so 615-630 would be around the time i leave too. So it would work out perfect. Make sure to have a TV with the BSU game on though. :) I was thinking of going, but by 1 o'clock the tickets were gone....(thats when i get off work). So BC, hit me up for a ride.

Sephiroth M

Smash Apprentice
Im STILL short on a ride. That leaves me with one insanely improbable solution.
(scary knows what it is)

If you are going scary, whos giving you a ride?

EDIT: I might have a chance. He said maybe. But if no one goes then i won't go. What time will it *officially* start?

gnosis

Smash Lord
Alright, so you can guys can show up whenever. Seph, I sent you the address, BC is going with Knuttz who should know how to get there... scarykid, do you remember how to get there?

If enough people show up we could consider a mini-tourney. I'm thinking at the most 5 dollars, unless everyone wants to go higher. So bring a few bucks if that interests you.

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
Come on Idaho, get it together, seriously try to make an effort to get to Oregon. I have even offered to pay for like 40% of the gas. You guys could at least try to get a caravan together.
Pretty please?

gnosis

Smash Lord
Come on Idaho, get it together, seriously try to make an effort to get to Oregon. I have even offered to pay for like 40% of the gas. You guys could at least try to get a caravan together.
Pretty please?
Lol, your efforts to involve us are really appreciated, at least by me. Idaho doesn't get 'reached out' to much, if you know what I mean.

But I don't think it's gonna happen =/. As it is, even if someone else was going, I only have a 50/50 chance of making it.

Sorry for our Idaho johns. We suck, etc., etc.

PitchD

Smash Apprentice
I'd probably be doing the same thing as when I went to Rexburg is Knuttz will have me.
ANOTHER ADVENTURE OF QRAQ N KNUTTZ! haha
But ya we'll see what's goin on.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
Ha ha, that would be an adventure Qraq! But I can't make it. I have a baby due soon, and the "wife" is showing major signs the baby is comming. About today, BC, I have to pick up someone at 630 from work, So I will be home around 7 or so. I PM'ed my number. So call me when you are ready to go.

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
Hey so i was talking with Utah and some of them will help us pay for gas if we go to a tournament on the 15th so I think we should try to get a car together. Nutz/Gnosis you are the only people i know who have cars and seem like have a possibility of being willing to drive so think about it and pm me or post so we can work everything out.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
Hey so i was talking with Utah and some of them will help us pay for gas if we go to a tournament on the 15th so I think we should try to get a car together. Nutz/Gnosis you are the only people i know who have cars and seem like have a possibility of being willing to drive so think about it and pm me or post so we can work everything out.
nevermind. I'll still be going, so call me when you get out of class. I don't have to pick anyone up...so we can leave at 6:30

gnosis

Smash Lord
We have three systems here, but one TV that works great and one TV that flickers a ton.

So, take that into consideration.

And yeah, I'd say 7 is a good enough time. Though you can always come earlier, and get practice with me :cool:

Cboy and I are more interested in teams than singles though, so everyone bring your team skills too :D

Sephiroth M

Smash Apprentice
Im seriously angry, no one wanted to take me, because its "too far" and his friend who can drive just rubbed the fact that i couldn't go in my face.

Console me. I won't be going anywhere if this keeps up.

Sephiroth M

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, next tourney, can anyone come to my house and pick me up if its not too far, (like rexburg)and not too much trouble for you. Since I won't get any better by playing the same person over and over, I need to go to them. If not, say goodbye to seeing me again anytime soon.

(Not whining)

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
You can get better just playing the same person all the time thats how i got better.

Todays thing wasn't a tournament it was just friendlies and a few MM's but we should try to have a real tournament soon so i can play all of the rest of you that i didn't get to play today.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
You can get better just playing the same person all the time thats how i got better.

Todays thing wasn't a tournament it was just friendlies and a few MM's but we should try to have a real tournament soon so i can play all of the rest of you that i didn't get to play today.
Agreed, you can get better playing the same person over and over. You both get better, and have to change your style because you get to know each other. Its not the same as playing alot of people, but you can get better. :laugh:

jjoe

Smash Apprentice
Ya I dont have ssbm yet, so I need to get together

with some fellow smash players to sharpen my

skills a little more. I live in Rexburg, Idaho if

anyone wants to practice with me.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
Hey, well, I'm throwing a smashfest on sunday. That okay with everyone. Its at my apt by bsu. Give me a call or PM for directions. everyone is invited. And if you guys want, we can even hold a mini turney. I know BC and felix are close, so no excuses!! :) kidding. Can someone bring a tv and cube, or just a cube, i have an extra tv, and cube, but no extra smash, so that at least. :) anyway, let me know, also i know felix doesn't check alot so can someon get a hold of him?

gnosis

Smash Lord
Agreed, you can get better playing the same person over and over. You both get better, and have to change your style because you get to know each other. Its not the same as playing alot of people, but you can get better. :laugh:
You can get better playing the same person if and only if they are also trying to get better by playing you.

Otherwise they won't care to learn new strategies, techs, etc., and you'll eventually just learn to cream their single style of play and not be able to improve from there.

I think I have the most experience with this sort of thing :D

knuttz45

Smash Ace
You can get better playing the same person if and only if they are also trying to get better by playing you.

Otherwise they won't care to learn new strategies, techs, etc., and you'll eventually just learn to cream their single style of play and not be able to improve from their.

I think I have the most experience with this sort of thing :D

Lol thats really makes no sense Josh.
You kind of contradicted yourself there.
You won't get as good as you CAN get without tournament or networking to play many diff3eerent kinds of people.
Really not possible with a game like Smash.

-QraQ

scarykid78

Smash Journeyman
Well one things for sure you cant get better by playing no person. AKA my situation.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
Hey, well, I'm throwing a smashfest on sunday. That okay with everyone. Its at my apt by bsu. Give me a call or PM for directions. everyone is invited. And if you guys want, we can even hold a mini turney. I know BC and felix are close, so no excuses!! :) kidding. Can someone bring a tv and cube, or just a cube, i have an extra tv, and cube, but no extra smash, so that at least. :) anyway, let me know, also i know felix doesn't check alot so can someon get a hold of him?
anyone wanna come? sorry,i'll give everyone a call later. !:)

gnosis

Smash Lord
Lol thats really makes no sense Josh.
You kind of contradicted yourself there.
You won't get as good as you CAN get without tournament or networking to play many diff3eerent kinds of people.
Really not possible with a game like Smash.

-QraQ
I misunderstood your post. At first I thought you meant the second part was nonsensical. Now I know you meant the first.

But to defend that, you can get better from one person if both your games are constantly evolving. It's harder than playing a variety of people, since you both have to be innovative, but leagues better than playing one person who doesn't improve.

I still don't see how I contradicted myself though.

Anyway, Cboy and I are planning on Sunday @ knuttz. Everyone should be there :D. We'll bring a setup and maybe even a fan...

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
Thats still not true mew2king is fvcking good as he11 and he use to just sit and play by himself for like 5 hours a day.

jjoe i think you already know but just in case you dont Buzz lives in rexburg and i think you and him are now the only east idaho smashers.

I might come and play but ill need directions so i can get there. Also what time do you want us to show up?

gnosis

Smash Lord
Thats still not true mew2king is fvcking good as he11 and he use to just sit and play by himself for like 5 hours a day.

jjoe i think you already know but just in case you dont Buzz lives in rexburg and i think you and him are now the only east idaho smashers.

I might come and play but ill need directions so i can get there. Also what time do you want us to show up?
The exception that proves the rule :D

You can get better, but not from just playing the person... well, let's rephrase that. You can't get better from just beating the person. You really have to think about your play, then you can get better playing the person, through videos, the boards, etc.

But without competition, you're probably gonna suck. That rule has a very high success rate of being true. And that's why the best players come from densely populated areas, and the best areas are densely populated. Necessity is the father of skill, and will it's mother.

Top Bottom