• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IDAHO Smash Thread

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
All im trying to say is that if you really have the drive to get good and you are willing to put a lot of time into it you can get just as good as the pros.

So are we going to try to get a car to Utah on the 15th for that tournament and if we do i got fatty dibs on a seat in it seeing as how it was my idea to go.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
Thats still not true mew2king is fvcking good as he11 and he use to just sit and play by himself for like 5 hours a day.

jjoe i think you already know but just in case you dont Buzz lives in rexburg and i think you and him are now the only east idaho smashers.

I might come and play but ill need directions so i can get there. Also what time do you want us to show up?
Ok im not sure where you got your info on mew2king.
He actually had a group of friends that he played and he went out of his way to actually play people around his state and outlying states.
He didn't start becoming known until people started recognizing his skill.
Seeing that I've met and played Mew2King multiple times I got the first hand scoop on the guy.

-QraQ

knuttz45

Smash Ace
All im trying to say is that if you really have the drive to get good and you are willing to put a lot of time into it you can get just as good as the pros.

So are we going to try to get a car to Utah on the 15th for that tournament and if we do i got fatty dibs on a seat in it seeing as how it was my idea to go.
The drive is about 50% of the effort that you can have.
Diversity of playing is the other 50%.
"Some" skill is gained from playing by yourself.
Like the technical skill that only comes from constant practice of your characters.
Not to mention the will to implement it into your natural gameplay.
Thats all nice and dandy but it wont get you much of anywhere without experience.
There are a multitude of known strategies out there for every character.
Much like how the new craze these days is the unpredictability of low tier characters being played.
Because people aren't used to playing them so it would take them a while to learn how to fight against the new strategy.
If people would only play one style of game for their character and not adapt to other people as they see fit...They will have a harder time than someone who has seen more and can read people better through experience.
Truth be told there are those people out there who can naturally read peoples strategies right off the bat but that is very rare.
Not to use this as a point of providence but I've been in the smash community sense it first started so I've seen this case many to many times over.

50% skill
50% experience

-QraQ

PitchD

Smash Apprentice
The exception that proves the rule :D

And that's why the best players come from densely populated areas, and the best areas are densely populated. Necessity is the father of skill, and will it's mother.
The best players come from densely populated areas?!?! o.O

hmmm

PC Chris: New York
Wobbles: Dallas
Ken: LA
Isai: LA
Caveman: San Antonio
Taj: Houston

Just to name a few.

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
The smashfest last night was pretty fun so i think we should do it again some time or how about we try to have two a week so we can improve our smashing community as a group.

PS- Buzz when are you going to get that crew battle done or at least give it to me so i can do it.

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
So I was thinking about the tournament in Utah on the 15th and seeing as how we only have one car some people who want to go probably wont be able to so what i was thinking was that we should have a smashfest thing and do a round robin sort of thing and the top 4 or 5 depending on how much room there is in the car would be the ones who would go and represent idaho. What do you guys think about doing something like that, unless only 4 or 5 people really want to go then it would work out anyway.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
So I was thinking about the tournament in Utah on the 15th and seeing as how we only have one car some people who want to go probably wont be able to so what i was thinking was that we should have a smashfest thing and do a round robin sort of thing and the top 4 or 5 depending on how much room there is in the car would be the ones who would go and represent idaho. What do you guys think about doing something like that, unless only 4 or 5 people really want to go then it would work out anyway.
For Sure count me out on this one. I think you already know...my baby is due around this time...so no tourney for me, plus its the BSU game, and I don't want to miss another one. I think without me there are only 4-5 that probably would go to utah. :) I think if we had any crew battle teams or established a ranking, the round robin would be a great idea. I really don't want to offend anyone, but here is my crew estimation if Idaho ever traveled.

1. PitchD(Ice C, Luigi)
2. BC (Fox, Link)
3. Gnosis (random),
4-5. Felix (falco, marth), Knuttz(marth, jiggly), or Buzz (y.link)

I really did enjoy the smashfest. I really like the idea for going every couple weeks. It will really help us all, even though there is so little of us. I've seen improvement in everyone since I've started. (which is not very long ago). It will really help when brawl comes out....:grin:

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
For the smash things i was really thinking one or two times a week lol.

Also im up for some smash anytime so if anyone wants to and has a place just post or PM me and we'll get something together.

Back in IF one of my friends Chex is a good smasher, when i left he was just as good as me so he would also be a runner up for top 5.

Sephiroth M

Smash Apprentice
Hey knuttz is it a boy or a girl?

Turn him into a M2K if hes a boy, and turn her into Milktea if shes a girl.

Just throwing that out there.

For Sure count me out on this one. I think you already know...my baby is due around this time...
Whoa, my main jiggly contender is having a baby? You should have told me! I'dda gone easy on ya! :laugh: Jk, but seriously congrats on that knuttz!

So how sure is Idaho on making the 15th Utah tourney? Its kinda nice knowing people there, and if we do low tier doubles I want your Link BC besides me.

Edit* So I know the legendary Buzz, and the hilarious FTS stomper BC, but is PitchD qraq?

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
Its still not positive either way if we're going, it all really depends on if Gnosis wants to drive you know cuz he has the only one with a car but I hope we can make it, its been a long time sense i was at a Utah tournament.

And yes we would pretty much dominate in low tier doubles no contest and all that ****. And ya pitchD is qraq

Knuttz this is the DBR vid it has a good jigs part in it also http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4705595880198847963&q=DBR+Evolution&hl=en

knuttz45

Smash Ace
Its still not positive either way if we're going, it all really depends on if Gnosis wants to drive you know cuz he has the only one with a car but I hope we can make it, its been a long time sense i was at a Utah tournament.

And yes we would pretty much dominate in low tier doubles no contest and all that ****. And ya pitchD is qraq

Knuttz this is the DBR vid it has a good jigs part in it also http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4705595880198847963&q=DBR+Evolution&hl=en
Hey thanks for the vids BC. It was fun playing last night. We will have to do it again when we aren't busy. (i'm busy with shopping and homework tonight). I feel much better against projectiles with my jiggly know, and since playing you, I don't feel so threatend by fox..with any character..(even though you can beat me more than half the time...)

Sephiroth M, you are funny, my baby is a girl, and if she wants, I'll teach her smash. :) We could do some teams...and win! ha ha. But right know...watch out for the knutt qraqer. :)

Sephiroth M

Smash Apprentice
So im in my room one day and i see Marth in it...

Nvm whens the next Smashfest/tourney/semester?

Edit: Hey geno, how many of us have you played?

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
So what do you think about the 15th gnosis cuz we should really try to decide if we're going to try to go or not, you know so we can tell utah for sure whats going on.

Also Gnosis you need to or i guess should update the front page
1. I live in boise now
2. Yamer moved to AZ
3. you should try to put all the people you know smash in there places because most of them are not going to ask to be put down.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
So what do you think about the 15th gnosis cuz we should really try to decide if we're going to try to go or not, you know so we can tell utah for sure whats going on.

Also Gnosis you need to or i guess should update the front page
1. I live in boise now
2. Yamer moved to AZ
3. you should try to put all the people you know smash in there places because most of them are not going to ask to be put down.
Agreed.....I'll start a discussion....Idaho power rankings. Top 5....Top 10....top 25...is there enough people to have power rankings...who should be the counsil members...who's the who's who in the potato state.

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
I was actually talking more about the front page that says everyones location but we should also start on our power ranking thread. That means that we need to have a tournament soon to give the people on the ranking board of whatever a way to start placing everyone. As for board members well Buzz has to be on it because he's the most well know smasher in Idaho lol and i think he's played everyone and Gnosis because he seems to know everyone of at least has also met everyone who plays so would be able to set up an accurate ranking.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
I was actually talking more about the front page that says everyones location but we should also start on our power ranking thread. That means that we need to have a tournament soon to give the people on the ranking board of whatever a way to start placing everyone. As for board members well Buzz has to be on it because he's the most well know smasher in Idaho lol and i think he's played everyone and Gnosis because he seems to know everyone of at least has also met everyone who plays so would be able to set up an accurate ranking.
Oh....i was completely changing the subject....the Agreed was for the whole thread...i'm just starting a new discussion...but who would be the third member???? you need at least three

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
I guess we could have a vote on this to make sure things are fair. Also i think either Buzz or Gnosis would need to start the thread preferably Buzz because I'm sure the moderators that have to ok the thread would be fine with it if Buzz did it, still up to him if he wants to and if anyone doesn't want him to thats fine we could find someone else.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
well, you know we can have more than three...it could be a minimum of three...but we can have a huge max...for example, our stuff can consist of tons of people too!

1. Buzz
2. BC
3. Me.
4. Gnosis
5. PitchD
6. Mike
7. sephiroth M
8. SkaryKid87
9. etc....

But who would be fully qualified...(who has played, and can confirm skill levels.....)
BTW..i'm playing devils advocate

gnosis

Smash Lord
I'd need BC on the panel, I have never actually played Buzz, and last time I played Chex was a year and a half ago. So him and Buzz could cover East Idaho. But I definitely know the most about West Idaho, so I'm self-nominating, lol. Then at least one more from W. Idaho.

I'd say it's between Qraq and Knuttz, if we were to pick one. They both have played quite a few of us, and are both pretty active. However, Qraq is a better player (sorry Knuttz, we know it's true ;D), and better players are often better judges. But Knuttz has more experience playing all of us, and it will probably stay that way, since Qraq is up in Mountain Home a lot of the time. Really we could just put both..

One problem I have with Buzz is that he doesn't have much experience against any of us from West Idaho, and it will probably only be downhill from here. I'm saying this not in a "I don't want him on" way, but in a sympathetic way; it'd be hard for him to judge and expecting him to would be sucky of us.

And finally, I think we have enough to do a top 10. Qraq, me, Felix, Aaron, BC, Knuttz, Josh, Julius, Buzz, Sephiroth M, gotta mention my boy The Chancellor, and the list goes on.

(It'd be easiest to just ignore East Idaho since it's hard to treat them fairly, considering the lack of playtime against them... just put Buzz on an honorable mentions list, lol.)

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
That sounds like it would work and with Buzz and the rest of E.Idaho we could just add them if they come to any of our tournaments or something. As far as the panel goes i would go with PitchD over Knuttz if i am on the panel because then we would already have someone from Boise so it would be good to have someone from Mountain Home so we don't clump all of the panel members in just one area.

From what I've seen Utah do they just put the S.Utah people on when they came to tournaments but they have to keep going to tournaments to keep the positions they have so we could just do that for E.Idaho if they really do want to be on the top 10 and deserve a spot.

I also think three people is plenty of people for our ranking because we don't have that many active smashers so having to many of them on the panel wouldn't work out if we're going to take this seriously.

Thanks Gnosis for the update on the first page showing that we really have smashers in Idaho lol

knuttz45

Smash Ace
Good ideas everyone...Here is my theoretical panel...and ideas know...5 total

1. Gnosis
2. BC
3. Buzz - It will be hard for buzz to be, but buzz has been active, and we can't just ignore E. Idaho...
4. QraQ
5. Me

Its 5, its not too much, and it has the players that have played almost every active player, and these 5 are the most active. And yes, I do agree with you, Qraq is much better than me, with about every character. :) And yes, better players are better judges.

But would it be overall skill..or main vs. mains (like tourneys!)...

A top 10 is feezible and there is no chance for a top 25 or even 15.

....And yes i forgot The chancellor...(man it is REALLY WEIRD not calling you guys by your real names....except buzz...i don't know. buzz is buzz...)...He has gotten alot better from when i first saw him. :0 ...but you for got f-smash happy mike! ha ha.

Any other ideas anyone? And also. BUZZ!!!! When are we going to try to get that idaho site together...we need talks of this....and i still need to give you guys some money for shipping....thank you so much for my hat and shirt back..!!!!

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
Overall skill is good and all but for ranking it should be the best even if that person only plays one character because (at least with power rankings and tournaments) what really matters who is going to win in the end.

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
Hey Gnosis you need to decide if we're going to the tournament in Utah on the 15th soon because it next weekend and if we want to be able to go up friday and stay at someones house they would probably like a little before hand notice and we need to find out also in Felix, PitchD, you zelda player, or Felix's friend that was at the smashfest last weekend or anyone else wants to go. And the earlier we can decide and give a definite answer the better chance my Utah friends will help us pay for gas.

Knuttz it was some good smashing today make sure to call me if you end up being able to play over this weekend at all. We should start recording some of our matches to.

Felix you need to use the boards more so we can smash it up as well. How can we be good partners if we never play together.

Anyone else thats close to BSU just send me PM or post if you want to play. The best way to get better is by playing other people so more people than just me and Knuttz need to get together and play lol.

Also Gnosis or PitchD or Felix i would like your contact information so we can plan for this tourney if we're going and if anyone knows how to get a hold of Felix send me a PM in case he doesnt look at the boards in the next week.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
That sounds like it would work and with Buzz and the rest of E.Idaho we could just add them if they come to any of our tournaments or something. As far as the panel goes i would go with PitchD over Knuttz if i am on the panel because then we would already have someone from Boise so it would be good to have someone from Mountain Home so we don't clump all of the panel members in just one area.
OUCH!! kidding. It probably would be better....remember i'm having a baby too. So I'll be less active once the baby is here. It was fun last night BC. I might take you up on sunday BC...Jailene was kidding on sunday...didn't realize it untill you left. Sometime this weekend, on sunday...not late though..i have school and work.... :)..someone needs to take BC to utah..he is ready....I really like the idea of recording the matches...I can see how to get rid of your bombs....I hate your projectiles...and everyone can see my weird captin falcon. :)

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
I don't really want to be on the panel personally so if you want to represent Boise that would be fine. I think the way they want us to do this is have people from the different areas of our smashing community so i would prefer it if you were on the panel for Boise cuz i hate making decisions.

Sephiroth M

Smash Apprentice
And you can't count on me?

*sniff*

Edit: Wait, we're planning to make IDAHO power rankings?

Thats the equivalent of a spirit bomb.

Just Action

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I haven't talked to Gnosis. in a while... He may have gone up to Moscow with my friend... And by a while, I mean about a day.

Top Bottom