• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ice Climbers Final Smash

Hmaal

Smash Journeyman
What makes it better is when it happens, you might not have any time to react and cause damage. So if you try to aviod it you still will get hit.

Lightning Ice

Smash Journeyman
You might be able to dodge the final smash depending on how quickly the Iceberg and if Nana has to be close to you like with their belay to start the final smash. There also seems like there will be lag time to start the final smash like how Pit has to pray. But overall I think it will still be tough to dodge something so huge.

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
i agree, if you have a iceberg also as big as the screen falling down it is practically impossible unless you got a kirby super star to avoid the move. Does the iceberg stay till the end of the match?

Hmaal

Smash Journeyman
Were not sure but most likely its going to be still and have a pretty decent time of being out.

ryquil

Smash Cadet
I think that it will be really good... Because they get hit automatically, meaning they'll have lag. lag = oppourtunity...

ZachSoup

BRoomer
BRoomer
It’s not going to be the same game, who knows, ICs could become a popular choice to play as if the mechanics favor them. Besides, this time we have something to base off what their strengths could be and how we can utilize them, unlike when they were first introduced to melee and generally unpopular.

Also, I'm a little skeptical on ICs being immune to other IC's final smashes; I could imagine it being able to affect your opponent, regardless of who it is.

Hmaal

Smash Journeyman
The attack would still harm them but they would be immune to the slippery ice.

twosaxy4myshirt

Smash Rookie
Did you not read my post? Eventually you have to come down.
I read the post, and I slightly agree. Considering the characters like Peach, Kirby, Meta Knight, etc, I doubt it will last long enough than to hit them more than once or twice. If it does, then this FS will completely wreck all the other characters that can't stay airborne near as long.

Talendime

Smash Ace
That's what I thought.. I'm quite confident that those spiked boots are just there for costume and don't alter the characters' grip abilities..

Or else that foot stool jump would be pretty deadly to poor little Kirby there eh?

That's what I thought.. I'm quite confident that those spiked boots are just there for costume and don't alter the characters' grip abilities..

Or else that foot stool jump would be pretty deadly to poor little Kirby there eh?
They do... This was even in melee you know, they were immune to low traction surfaces like the space ship on onett (That's the stage name right?) try it yourself

Talendime

Smash Ace
They do... This was even in melee you know, they were immune to low traction surfaces like the space ship on onett (That's the stage name right?) try it yourself

No that was the other one it was actually Fourside with the UFO.
But that's cool. I didn't know that.

Mambo

Smash Journeyman
I like an arena type smash that gives them an advantage for a bit. It'll be fun to use it. Though hopefully other players as climbers wont be able to not slip. Though getting the ball might not be that easy because these guys arnt the most agile.

Zjiin

Smash Master
I don' think this was brought up, but from telling by the pictures, no one including the ICs can stand inside the iceberg meaning everyone gets pushed away. The first and third pictures of the update shows them in the air, possibly falling. Does this iceberg shoot them up? I really hope this won't put them as much at a disadvantage as it does for those the FS is intended to hurt.

Demonplant

Smash Cadet
i think its cool. What else are they going to make there special. Flaming dashes of lightning?????

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
well in Delfino i'm sure no smash ball is going to be popping out while they're traveling, or really any items besides the common ones. And if it does, then yes.. it will be the iceberg known as glacier who happens to move the same direction, speed, and intent to hurt you as Iceberg.

Norfair, eh, it'll just keep a licking. What are the Ice Climbers doing in a lava pit anyways? They're cute, but not cute when that wall of lava comes barrelling down...

The Final Smash is going to own, i can't wait to play as them with it :)

KaptKRool

Smash Apprentice
Where the St Lawrence meets Lake Ontario (Tibbets
IMO, its the best shown so far.

It's like 3-4 FS's in one. It does damage to those hit, it alters the stage shape, it freezes some fellars, and makes the terrain slippery, giving IC an advantage.

I'm the most impressed with this one, it makes me excited to keep them in my "pretty good with" roster.

KaptKRool

Smash Apprentice
Where the St Lawrence meets Lake Ontario (Tibbets
well in Delfino i'm sure no smash ball is going to be popping out while they're traveling, or really any items besides the common ones. And if it does, then yes.. it will be the iceberg known as glacier who happens to move the same direction, speed, and intent to hurt you as Iceberg.

Norfair, eh, it'll just keep a licking. What are the Ice Climbers doing in a lava pit anyways? They're cute, but not cute when that wall of lava comes barrelling down...

The Final Smash is going to own, i can't wait to play as them with it :)

In the commercials we've recently seen from Japan, I think they showed the Ice Climber's final smash being used in Norfair just because its a minor "WTF?" moment. There's all this lava and a tidal wave of lava coming from the back, but suddenly this giant iceberg rockets up from the lava below.

iron blade

Smash Ace
The FS looks like it has potential. Especially on Norfair, but I think the whole FS is just a WTF moment in general.

Williampettysan

Smash Journeyman
It's a awsome FS, lot's of potential. :D

To people who say what if Nana's gone? Well, Sakurai is not the kinda guy who would let a Final Smash go to waste. Nana will most likley reappear.

D

Deleted member

I like it. I was expecting an avalanche but, this seems good to.

Top Bottom