• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ice Climbers Final Smash

Hmaal

Smash Journeyman
Does any one else but me think their final smash is awesome, i mean cause damage, taking over the screen, and having a slippery advantage c'mon!?

Your thought's.

plasmatorture

Smash Journeyman
I really like it. It uses their unique advantage (ability to walk over slippery surfaces like they were normal) in a good way, and it's pretty original and fun looking.
The only disadvantage is it won't be good against an enemy Ice Climbers, but, eh, not every Final Smash is super in every situation (DK..?)

Silfa

Smash Ace
I really like it too. The concept might be unoriginal, but it's very unique compared with all the other Final Smashes.

Looks like fun.

Chepe

Smash Lord
While perhaps generic, it IS unique. Seeing it in action will help us determine its true worth though....

courte

Smash Lord
all right i guess its sorta glass half empty glass half full

no one has anything like it so far tho
\also shows the updates moving in a better direction... i hope

still i mean what do you do when the climbers get that... it seems like the once regarded "lower tier" characters are getting some of the nice final smashes but thats just my perspective at this point

Andy4Brawl_911

Smash Journeyman
I think it's random but total overkill at the moment the easiest to control and most overkilled final smash.. I like it. :p

Doc Chronic

Smash Ace
yea i think its great, and they are inuits for christs' sake what else are they gonna do? transform into something? summon something? no. you knew their FS was gonna have something to do with ice, hence their name and general character. i really think this is the best way to have used it. ice climbers FTW!

Eagle

Smash Lord
What do you think happens when Nana isn't with Popo to do the high five?

It will probably still work though.

jtjt43

Smash Rookie
What do you think happens when Nana isn't with Popo to do the high five?
Thats a very interesting idea. I personally think that if you could only perform the final smash with both ice climbers present, something would have been mentioned in the update, much like the warnings in other characters final smash updates ie. Metaknight swinging and missing with his cape and wasting a final smash

RoxasXIII

Smash Journeyman
what happens when its done at rumble falls? it would only be effective for a little while. unless the iceberg can somehow move along with the screen, it is not as good in rumble falls.

SaxyPlayah

Smash Apprentice
Just curious...would it be possible if popo grabbed a smash ball and didn't use it until another smash ball came, and nana grabbed that smash ball and they both did their final smash? Double the icebergs!!

ThatOtherGuy

Smash Cadet
Imagine this affecting a stage like Brinstar Depths...*shivers*

Also, I wonder if the stage's fire effects would make it work differently (probably not, but maybe), i.e. lava pouring over the ice makes it disappear.

Jengs900

Smash Cadet
Hmm, what two characters are frozen? Is that Ike at the bottom?

Anyway, I think this final smash is going to be very effective. Haha, can't wait to try it out.

sfox8

Smash Journeyman
At first I didn't like this final smash but now that I'm looking at all the possibilities, this looks to be one of my favorites. I'm glad the ICs are getting a good FS since they will be one of my three mains.

One thing does pose a problem though. What happens when Nana is eliminated but Popo's still in the game? There would obviously be no high five at the beginning but would Popo just use the FS without Nana or would there be repercussions? Like a smaller iceberg or something?

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
I wonder what happens when it's time is up. Do you think it just melts away or something?

If it does, then that's totally Global Warming-esque. :/

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
I wonder how effective this thing will really be? I mean for people like Yoshi and Sonic, who can simply spin on the ice, will it even mess them up much?

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
hmm...
this seems to be the most-efffective-if-used-in-the-right-hands-so-far FS.
although, the lack of nana(if popo leads) and viceversa seems to be an issue, I think it will probably do nothing which will make you keep track of your partner better. it seems you will have to use the ice climbers with more thought...I like it!

Top Bottom