• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ice Climbers Final Smash

Zjiin

Smash Master
This brings up some interesting questions:

Can nana get a smash ball? When they are high-five-ing each other, popo's the one glowing, but his eyes aren't gold like everyone else's.

If nana can get it, can you use it or does the computer decide?

What do they do when you use your FS if you only have one IC out?

[Side note referring to nana's faceplant] Looks like they made her as dumb as cabbage again...*sigh*

N1c2k3

Smash Lord
Wow, that's actually kind of a cool idea; giving it the ability to resurrect Nana. Hadn't thought of that. I'm kinda liking this so far. When I first saw it I was hoping it just did a bunch of dmg and shot every1 that it touched upwards really far, but I guess he wanted to be more creative. I'm sure it'll a fun one to use, but whether or not it's really useful remains to be seen, IMO...

sfox8

Smash Journeyman
I think if Nana is gone and you get a FS then a condor will fly her back in kind of like Zamus getting her power suit back
At first I was kinda like "huh? eh..." but your idea actually seems pretty good. It seems quite plausible. I doubt Sakurai will do that though.

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
My favorite Final Smash so far because it's just so overpowered.

I could stick some sort of lame Titanic reference in here, but I think this thread is best left without it.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
My favorite Final Smash so far because it's just so overpowered.

I could stick some sort of lame Titanic reference in here, but I think this thread is best left without it.
Actually it's not overpowered at all. Sure things are more slippery and there is a chance you may freeze people, but what if everyone jumps or double jumps when this is activated?

Noshiee

Smash Ace
Actually it's not overpowered at all. Sure things are more slippery and there is a chance you may freeze people, but what if everyone jumps or double jumps when this is activated?
not to mention that it doesnt cover all the stage/plataforms, just get away from the IC before they activate the FS or get as high as you can so you dont get hit by the iceberg, also avoid being hit by the IC so you dont get freeze, not to mention that the ICs are not invinsible, you can kill them to.

SirPenguin

Smash Journeyman
One of the most unique FS we've seen...a stage modification Final Smash. Interesting. I wonder if we'll see any more of them.

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
I'm not a huge IC fan, but that is a seriously AWESOME FS!! That really is something else, quite powerful too!

FreakyVoiceDude

Smash Apprentice
It shifts the entire playing field in their natural favor. Very, very interesting twist away from a big attack or transformation.

One thing I'd like to see...Can another Final Smash or even a milder attack break the thing apart? What happens if Fox goes Landmaster on the iceberg? Can a pokeball character hurt it? What if three characters just went all out on one spot, would it make a dent?

Talendime

Smash Ace
I actually think that the Ice Climbers' Final Smash looks better than any other I've seen so far..

It really makes them seem more evened out as a crappy character(s) to play as. How nice it is.

One thing I'd like to see...Can another Final Smash or even a milder attack break the thing apart? What happens if Fox goes Landmaster on the iceberg? Can a pokeball character hurt it? What if three characters just went all out on one spot, would it make a dent?
I don't think that's possible. I think only one Smash Ball will appear at a time, and another won't appear unless the previous Final Smash is finished. That's my theory, and it makes sense.

It really makes them seem more evened out as a crappy character(s) to play as. How nice it is.
Last I checked, they were higher up on the tier list.

How the hell is it supposed to work on Norfair?
Same as any other stage.

courte

Smash Lord
At first I didn't like this final smash but now that I'm looking at all the possibilities, this looks to be one of my favorites. I'm glad the ICs are getting a good FS since they will be one of my three mains.

One thing does pose a problem though. What happens when Nana is eliminated but Popo's still in the game? There would obviously be no high five at the beginning but would Popo just use the FS without Nana or would there be repercussions? Like a smaller iceberg or something?
actually all of the fs have had some sort of drawback so far or some sort of condition

i'd imagine links is a risk of putting your life in danger of a fall and mateknight's in HUGE vulnerability others have range as its down fall startup or after affects so yeah

like pit being unable to summon the centurions unless u finish the prayer i think no high five equals no fs

sfox8

Smash Journeyman
actually all of the fs have had some sort of drawback so far or some sort of condition

i'd imagine links is a risk of putting your life in danger of a fall and mateknight's in HUGE vulnerability others have range as its down fall startup or after affects so yeah

like pit being unable to summon the centurions unless u finish the prayer i think no high five equals no fs
That would put the ICs at a bigger disadvantage I'd think, though. There's a bigger chance of losing Nana during the course of the battle than there is of Pit not completing his FS or something. At least if they make Nana as much of an idiot as she was in Melee (which judging from her faceplant... hehe). I know there are downsides to most of the FSs but that seems like a very crippling downside for the ICs. Besides, what's Kirby's catch? Sakurai hinted at "putting just anything in the pot" but otherwise it doesn't look like much. Ike's? All he has to do is "make sure he hits [someone] with the final smash." Fox? His is just hard to turn around.

It wouldn't make much sense for everyone to have -small- catches while the ice climbers to lose the FS ability entirely just because Nana died on the way.

But yeah. Either way this FS rules. I guess if you're right, it -could-make for more strategic moves for IC players. We'd have to make sure we keep up with Nana throughout the whole battle. That could get pretty tedious after a while if her AI is around the same level as it was in Melee.

Hmaal

Smash Journeyman
Actually i think that this is the best kinda of FS that the Ice Climbers could get. Anyone disagree with me?

twosaxy4myshirt

Smash Rookie
It's a pretty cool FS if you ask me. It seems like it only loses its effectiveness against characters who can stay airborne for long periods of time (i.e. Peach, Kirby, etc).

2Step

Smash Cadet
Oh YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that is amazing. it is going to to be so fun powning my friends

Top Bottom