• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IC most technical character?

legion598

Smash Ace
link actually is very technical if u look at the guide on the link boards its pretty insane though I would think the ICs are far more dependent on their ATs then link

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
^I think that ICs are even more technical then diddy and peach if u really look into the ICs mechanics its pretty freakin rediculous. As for CGs those are pretty much useless unless u can get a grab in the first place which is why u pretty much have to learn the desynchs first. I would main them but their so freakin hard to be consistent with.
took the words right out of my mouth i cant belive i used to have problems against ice climbers now i know how not to get grabbed

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
Melee is the most technical.

/endtopix
Virtua Fighter 5 is most technical.*

*I actually have no idea what the most technical fighting game is, but it certainly isn't Melee.

I figure maybe everyone missed it the first time I asked, so I'll ask again just in case. Can someone, anyone, explain to my why they think Link is technical. I have found absolutely nothing with the character that can be considered legitimately hard to do. The hardest thing I can think of, off the top of my head, is Bair to Reverse Quickdraw. And that's not hard.

So someone, please refrain from saying "You have to watch a really good Link to know how technical he can be" (which doesn't even make sense), and give a reason why he can be considered technical to the level of Diddy or the ICs.

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
When I say technical, I mean the amount of ATs and stuff they have. And, Link has many.

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
...that is not the proper definition of technical.

I really do mean this in a nice way when I say that you should stop using the word like that. People (such as myself) are going to get the wrong idea about you and what you're saying.

The word "technical" as the fighting community uses it, refers to how difficult something is to perform, physically. So Waveshining is "technical". Single Naner Lock is "technical". Melee Fox is "technical". Link isn't technical, he's just got a lot of cool stuff going for him. :)

ignore the fire

Smash Journeyman
When I say technical, I mean the amount of ATs and stuff they have. And, Link has many.
If we're going by the AMOUNT of ATs a character has, than Link probably has the most.
But if we're going by the difficulty and relevance of the character's ATs, then ICs are probably the most technical.

(Most) ICs use CGs and desynchs in every match. Not every Link needs to know how to set a bomb on the stage with a ledgehop (just one example that doesn't seem all too practical in relation to its difficulty).

I stand by my statements of Icies being easy to play.
Then you must think other characters are easy to play, because we're discussing ATs and their diffuculty. Consistently 0-deathing every character in the cast is more difficult to learn than any other (practical) AT in the game.

Top Bottom