• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I Will Believe In Myself: Miles "Tails" Prower Support Thread

RineYFD

Smash Journeyman
So now that Min Min is out we do know that the actual Spirit Fight won't be changed.
But Min Min received a nee special Fighter variation of herself.
So technically, Tails could have TWO spirits.
Also, another interesting thing to add.
Previous spirits that were in the base game like Spring Man, Ribbon Girl and Twintelle were added to the Spirit Board for Min Min.
That means not only could we receive additional new spirits but also receive have old ones added to the spirit board.
So we don't even have to worry about them running out of ideas for Sonic spirits.
And I also wanted to share this.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So now that Min Min is out we do know that the actual Spirit Fight won't be changed.
But Min Min received a nee special Fighter variation of herself.
So technically, Tails could have TWO spirits.
Also, another interesting thing to add.
Previous spirits that were in the base game like Spring Man, Ribbon Girl and Twintelle were added to the Spirit Board for Min Min.
That means not only could we receive additional new spirits but also receive have old ones added to the spirit board.
So we don't even have to worry about them running out of ideas for Sonic spirits.
And I also wanted to share this.
Perfect pose for a Smash render wouldn't you say old chap.

Markc2020

Smash Rookie
Smash Bros Ultimate is a great game with a great roster of fighters.

However, one fighter that has not been included in Smash Bros Ultimate is Sonic sidekick Tails. Tails is one of the most beloved characters in the Sonic Series.

Sega has formed a partnership with Nintendo. Both Sega and Nintendo have their Mascots, Mario and Sonic in Smash Bros Ultimate. However, there are more fighters from the Mario Series compared to the Sonic Series where Sonic is the only fighter in the Series to take part in Smash Bros Ultimate. In terms of partnership, it’s unbalanced!

I know Tails is a spirit in the game and there is a Mii Tails Outfit, but it’s not the same as having him as a fighter. Tails would be an excellent addition to the game. Unlike Sonic who focus on rush attack, trying to overwhelm and take out fighters as quickly as possible, Tails on the other hand is more of a tactical fighter. Tails can figure out the best approach when going up against tough fighter, normally by finding their weakness. Tails would use gadgets to give him a fighting advantage when it comes to defence, counter or attacking enemies from a distance.

I know that other DLC character have been added to market other games, but game companies should not overlook the potential that a well-known character could have on the game as a fighter. I understand that there are challengers in maintaining balance with other fighters, but if done right, Tails would bring new life into the game.

Hopefully many of you agree with this post. Anyone who decides to troll what I’ve written, should take a good look at themselves in the mirror! I’m more than welcome to hear everyone thoughts about what I’ve written.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Smash Bros Ultimate is a great game with a great roster of fighters.

However, one fighter that has not been included in Smash Bros Ultimate is Sonic sidekick Tails. Tails is one of the most beloved characters in the Sonic Series.

Sega has formed a partnership with Nintendo. Both Sega and Nintendo have their Mascots, Mario and Sonic in Smash Bros Ultimate. However, there are more fighters from the Mario Series compared to the Sonic Series where Sonic is the only fighter in the Series to take part in Smash Bros Ultimate. In terms of partnership, it’s unbalanced!

I know Tails is a spirit in the game and there is a Mii Tails Outfit, but it’s not the same as having him as a fighter. Tails would be an excellent addition to the game. Unlike Sonic who focus on rush attack, trying to overwhelm and take out fighters as quickly as possible, Tails on the other hand is more of a tactical fighter. Tails can figure out the best approach when going up against tough fighter, normally by finding their weakness. Tails would use gadgets to give him a fighting advantage when it comes to defence, counter or attacking enemies from a distance.

I know that other DLC character have been added to market other games, but game companies should not overlook the potential that a well-known character could have on the game as a fighter. I understand that there are challengers in maintaining balance with other fighters, but if done right, Tails would bring new life into the game.

Hopefully many of you agree with this post. Anyone who decides to troll what I’ve written, should take a good look at themselves in the mirror! I’m more than welcome to hear everyone thoughts about what I’ve written.
I agree that Tails should be in, but you could have posted this in the Tails thread dude.
I moved the posts to the Tails thread in the Newcomer Speculation forum. Welcome to the forums, M Markc2020 , and if you want to see if people support a character, check the Newcomer Speculation section first - odds are pretty good that there will be a thread for that character.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
what has that got to do with anything? its like youre responding to a conversation that isnt there
To explain, I was about to say If a character along the lines of Reimu, Kyo (King of Fighters), etc.. makes it in. Please don't whine and say, "They could've put resources into Tails, or at least another more iconic character like Bomerman, Crash Bandicoot, or Master Chief!"

Plus, we are already on our way to getting a 2nd Sonic rep, considering the fact that it has been officially confirmed that 3rd party franchises can have non-primary reps. However, we still can't get any non-videogame characters.

Last edited:

RineYFD

Smash Journeyman
Just dropping this here.
A Youtuber named Siiroth has discussed of Spirits he think could become DLC and Tails was in it.
Surprisingly Tails was the only Sonic character really mentioned in there. Why that is, is because many usually also bring up characters like Eggman, Knuckles and Shadow. And when they are also mentioned Tails does get outshined sometimes.
Cool to see that this time Tails got the spotlight
I also agree with mostly everything he says. And the rating is fair I suppose.

Last edited:

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Just dropping this here.
A Youtuber named Siiroth has discussed of Spirits he think could become DLC and Tails was in it.
Surprisingly Tails was the only Sonic character really mentioned in there. Why that is, is because many usually also bring up characters like Eggman, Knuckles and Shadow. And when they are also mentioned Tails does get outshined sometimes.
Cool to see that this time Tails got the spotlight
I also agree with mostly everything he says. And the rating is fair I suppose.
Here's a quote from another thread:
They opted for Ken because he's ten times more iconic than Proto Man, the guy is the first echo fighter.
If Spirits don't deconfirm, then by that logic in the quote mentioned above, Tails would get in if they add another Sega rep in Fighters pass 2 due to being extremely iconic.

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
Here's a quote from another thread:

If Spirits don't deconfirm, then by that logic in the quote mentioned above, Tails would get in if they add another Sega rep in Fighters pass 2 due to being extremely iconic.
I guess. If any 3rd party could get 2nd character in DLC, I Imagine Sonic could. It just depends on what Nintendo and Sakurai decides

By the way, if there is a 2nd Sonic character, I imagine we won't see who it is until 2021. I imagine they want to get the new series out the way before we get to a represented one like Sonic. Plus it would go well with the 30th anniversary, even if Anniversary usually mean bunk

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
I guess. If any 3rd party could get 2nd character in DLC, I Imagine Sonic could. It just depends on what Nintendo and Sakurai decides

By the way, if there is a 2nd Sonic character, I imagine we won't see who it is until 2021. I imagine they want to get the new series out the way before we get to a represented one like Sonic. Plus it would go well with the 30th anniversary, even if Anniversary usually mean bunk
WOAH! I predict that we won't get anymore reveals or DLC releases until next year.

Last edited:

RineYFD

Smash Journeyman

That does make sense when I think about it now.
Yeah, I don't think we will geta Tails reveal this year now.
Well unless maybe October when Sonic 2 was released on the Master System and where Tails made his debut. Or November when Sonic 2 released on the Genesis/Megadrive.
But that's pushing it a lot.
Edit: Tails and Eggman are both being rated today guys.

Last edited:

lady_sky skipper

Smash Ace
Hey guys if Tails does make it in the Wave 2 DLC, what type of music and spirits do you want to see alongside him? I hope the Japanese Sonic CD music track of the bad future of Stardust Speedway is chosen wherever it's a new remix or the old music piece.

SonicMario

Smash Master
I think we'll still at least get FP7 by the end of the year, I feel like even amidst the current situation they should be done or just about done with the 2nd character of the pass it's the latter half of the pass that I think we should at least slightly worry about (And the 3rd character of the 2nd Fighter Pass's development could go either way depending when they were started). Just this time it'll be a complete mystery just like Byleth was. I'm hoping that the Mario direct was last week's thing, the new Hyrule Warriors BOTW prequel is this week's, and Smash's turn is next week. A reveal in mid-late September followed by an October release perhaps.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I think we'll still at least get FP7 by the end of the year, I feel like even amidst the current situation they should be done or just about done with the 2nd character of the pass it's the latter half of the pass that I think we should at least slightly worry about (And the 3rd character of the 2nd Fighter Pass's development could go either way depending when they were started). Just this time it'll be a complete mystery just like Byleth was. I'm hoping that the Mario direct was last week's thing, the new Hyrule Warriors BOTW prequel is this week's, and Smash's turn is next week. A reveal in mid-late September followed by an October release perhaps.
well sakurai did say that smash dev had been mostly unaffected but i guess we cant be sure that hasnt changed

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
a reasonable conclusion
This is why I predict the final 5 DLC playable characters won't be revealed or released until mid-late 2021 or even up to 2023 or 2024. I also predict that they will all release on weekdays only.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
This is why I predict the final 5 DLC playable characters won't be revealed or released until mid-late 2021 or even up to 2023 or 2024. I also predict that they will all release on weekdays only.
ok thinking theyll be delayed until 2023 or 2024 is very premature, theyre still working on it. any delays wont be that bad until production is completely shut down for a while. also predicting itll come out weekdays, when video game stuff almost always comes out on week days, is a bit like predicting link's gonna use a sword

RineYFD

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys if Tails does make it in the Wave 2 DLC, what type of music and spirits do you want to see alongside him? I hope the Japanese Sonic CD music track of the bad future of Stardust Speedway is chosen wherever it's a new remix or the old music piece.
Already made a list like that myself:
Created a challenger pack for Tails:
I myself think we're gonna get more news this month.
Like you said, we got the BOTW Warriors game straight after the Mario direct.
In genera I think September will bring us more news from Nintendo.
ok thinking theyll be delayed until 2023 or 2024 is very premature, theyre still working on it. any delays wont be that bad until production is completely shut down for a while. also predicting itll come out weekdays, when video game stuff almost always comes out on week days, is a bit like predicting link's gonna use a sword
Yeah I agree.
The Fighter Pass will be delayed for a long time but surely not THAT long.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
ok then. time to wait for the what
Next year will be the world's number 1 most iconic non-Nintendo videogame franchise's 30th anniversary! WOOHOO!

Here are some spirits that could be included in Tails's spirit board,

• Sally (Sonic)
  • Bunnie (Sonic)
  • Emerl
  • Mephiles
For clarification, Are Sally and Bunnie videogame characters? I would say yes! Sally and Bunnie are videogame characters because although they weren't created for a videogame, nor have they appeared in any videogames, they are still videogame characters because their origin is from Sonic, which originated as a videogame.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Here are some spirits that could be included in Tails's spirit board,

• Sally (Sonic)
  • Bunnie (Sonic)
  • Emerl
  • Mephiles
For clarification, Are Sally and Bunnie videogame characters? I would say yes! Sally and Bunnie are videogame characters because although they weren't created for a videogame, nor have they appeared in any videogames, they are still videogame characters because their origin is from Sonic, which originated as a videogame.
the logic in that statement is flawed

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
the logic in that statement is flawed
To contrast with Sally and Bunnie, Android 21 (Dragonball) isn't a videogame character despite being created for a videogame because she is from Dragonball, which didn't originate as a videogame.

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I'd like to support Tails and join in on this conversation. Not my most wanted Sonic rep, but I don't care if Big gets in at this point as long as we get someone.
Also...
Yes

Note the 30th Anniversary part of this
This image lists "New games" and "major announcements" as two separate things. Bit of a stretch here, but that could possibly link to a Sonic character in Smash. Lots of other things it could mean, though, so it's probably irrelevant.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Yeah. By that definition, Ash Ketchum would be considered a video game character, despite being created for an anime, as Pokemon debuted as a video game.
Well that could partially be true considering the following quote below.
What about an original character that was created for a videogame BASED on a licensed product? Here's an example, maybe you don't know them, but Tora and Shogun were two character created for TMNT2: the Arcade game. They hadn't appeared in anything else before that. They were created FOR a videogame. Do they count as Videogame characters? Personally, I'm going to say "no". Likewise any original character that appears in a Batman, DBZ, Terminator, or whatever game. They default to being a (insert original medium of the licease here) character.
So if characters who were created for videogames but are from franchises that didn't originate as videogames, don't count as videogame characters. Then the opposite should be true as well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom