• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I Will Believe In Myself: Miles "Tails" Prower Support Thread

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Well yeah, that's why I said base campaign. DLC is a battle I'm not worried about right now.

The only reason why I say Shadow being confirmed tomorrow without Tails basically deconfirms the Fox is because I highly doubt that they'd show Tails in his own trailer as a newcomer after Shadow has already been shown off. Tails being an echo has never been an option in my mind.
Ah sorry, I can't read...I should probably go to bed.

Best of luck Tails supporters! Never give up!

Chrono.

I'm more or less on the same train of thought as RelaxAlax when it comes to Tails and Sonic in Ultimate in general. Just like him I believe Shadow kinda has to come with Tails, cause both are popular and in Tails' case he's rather important.

We'd end up with:
- Sonic - first rep
- Tails - second rep
- Shadow - Echo Fighter for Sonic
- Knuckles - Assist Trophy
- Dr. Eggman - boss character

And now to put my tin foil hat on for a second...

Something just came to mind; the fact that Sonic has 20 songs in Ultimate. As we all know, the total of Sonic music across both Brawl and 4 adds up to 18 tracks. Meaning that we're getting at least 2 new songs in this game.

What makes this curious is that, the way they've been doing the trailers, it would indicate that these two possible remixes could be used in single a video, similar to how the Simon reveal went. When Simon showed up, we got Vampire Killer and later for Richter, we heard Opossing Bloodlines. So who's to say they might not do the same if Shadow and Tails were to share a trailer.

That said, this theory is far from reliable or foolproof. It's got plenty of holes, actually. Sonic got two new games after Smash 4 came out and both tracks left could very well be random songs from those games. Not even counting the fact that Sonic just has such a great history of music that adding or remixing two random tracks makes more than enough sense. On top of that, there's preexisting music in the game that would fit Tails and Shadow's character trailers on the website just fine (Emerald Hill for Tails and Live and Learn for Shadow.)

But it's an interesting thought I had nonetheless.

Last edited:

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
I would love a unique Tails if Sonic can have two unique characters and one echo.

I know we are going to know every fighter, but I think it would be funny to not show Tails off to play into that old rumour.

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
I had a dream Tails and Shadow was announced... guess my dream has not been decomfirmed yet.

Dan

Smash Lord
Alright guys, in order to get Tails tomorrow, you need to boot up a copy of Melee and make 20 KO's in Cruel Melee mode. It's the only way to unlock him in this direct.
Honestly, what if he was in Ultimate and that was a throwback method of unlocking him; Sonic too for that matter.

This actually reminds me of the Melee GameFAQ's stuff back in the day where you had to watch 20 minutes of South Park and then take a **** to unlock Butthole Bob, and I actually believed it.

Last edited:

volbound1700

Smash Master
BTW I just got my new Switch in from Ebay. Works great. Paid $ 270 (including freight) for it and got BOTW, full switch, carrying case, protector screen, car adapter, and other neat items. Was an amazing deal! Now I just need Smash Ultimate.

Only negative is that I have already played through BOTW on Wii U.

Last edited:

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
I don't think Tails would have been a popular enough request to be considered by Sakurai. But really I'm not concerned too much. I think some people get the impression that Shadow getting in Smash over Tails would somehow establish him as a more important character, but I don't think that's the intent behind the characters added in Ultimate. Smash is simply giving the fans what they want, and Shadow is more requested by fans. Tails has already been cemented as Sonic's player 2, it's his role. However Sakurai chooses to represent the Sonic franchise in Smash, it won't have any impact on future Sonic games. It's not like we're gonna see Shadow flying on the Tornado with Sonic in the next game.
Really the only bad thing I can say would come from it is the fact that I won't be able to play as a character I like, but that obviously applies to many of my other dream characters already. Unlike some of the other characters I like, Tails is lucky enough to still have developers doing him justice in the modern day, so I'm thankful for that.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I don't think Tails would have been a popular enough request to be considered by Sakurai. But really I'm not concerned too much. I think some people get the impression that Shadow getting in Smash over Tails would somehow establish him as a more important character, but I don't think that's the intent behind the characters added in Ultimate. Smash is simply giving the fans what they want, and Shadow is more requested by fans. Tails has already been cemented as Sonic's player 2, it's his role. However Sakurai chooses to represent the Sonic franchise in Smash, it won't have any impact on future Sonic games. It's not like we're gonna see Shadow flying on the Tornado with Sonic in the next game.
Really the only bad thing I can say would come from it is the fact that I won't be able to play as a character I like, but that obviously applies to many of my other dream characters already. Unlike some of the other characters I like, Tails is lucky enough to still have developers doing him justice in the modern day, so I'm thankful for that.

I don't think anyone really doubted that Shadow has more popularity than Tails. But since Shadow is most likely going to only take up an echo fighter slot, it's whether or not Tails ALSO did well enough to the point where he'd be warranted as the 3rd Sonic character and the 2nd Unique Sonic character. I do not think Shadow having a near lock chance of being in the game hurt's Tails' chances at all. Sure, you can't have 2 Sonic echos, and you probably sure as heck aren't getting 2 unique Sonic characters, but having 1 new character and 1 echo is very much possible.

Obviously, taking the easier route with echo fighter Shadow only is something they could possibly do, but we don't know that yet as they have yet to show us Shadow as well. I wouldn't give up hope on the fox just yet.

As for Tails getting justice from the developers, that's only with Classic Tails in the form of Sonic Mania. They have not been kind to modern Tails. He's not a playable character in Unleashed, Colors, Generations, Lost World, AND Forces. Making his last 3D playable appearance like what.... Sonic 06?

They also managed to strip away any sort of courage he gained from Sonic Adventure 1 & 2 by making him the coward that he is in Forces.

We most certainly wont have to worry about Shadow taking Tails' "place", but Tails himself has really lost who he is in this last decade of gaming (again, outside of the mostly fan led Sonic Mania). Much like K.Rool, Tails could really use a big boost in popularity by becoming a playable fighter in Smash. It would also finally make up for the lack of a good playable Tails in well over a decade, something I'm sure most Tails fans have been longing for.

Lastly, I want it to be clear that while Tails hasn't had any traction lately, that doesn't mean he did bad on the ballot. He just has not appeared in any of those fake leaks or hardcore fan polls to rally up the meme band-wagoners like Waddle Dee, Skull Kid, Shantae, ect. Tails is a very casually well known character, unlike most of those listed just now. He very well could be the silent casual majority that simply voted in the ballot and did nothing else. You never know. At the very least, we have the Mii Costume theory to rely on, as they've already proved to have many connections with characters appearing in the games.

Chrono.

While I don't think Tails is super duper likely, I do think people are sleeping on him tbh.

I could say the same for a couple other characters. But that's the nature of speculation.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
^Agreed!

Just popping in here to say good luck and I hope he gets in! I'm not a Sonic fan (it's just not my genre, except for Chonicles: The Dark Brotherhood), but I would love to see Tails added in over Shadow (or with) as an Echo (or as his own character, I'm not picky). Tails has always been my go-to Sonic rep that I'll choose in crossover games and I like him quite a bit, so I really hope you guys get a chance to Smash with him! LIke Chrono said, people are sleeping on Tails, so I'm just chiming in to say you guys have some silent support. Good luck!

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Even with Alax posting his prediction for Tails. I'm ready for the "NOBODY SAW THIS COMING!!!" if he gets revealed. Everyone is tunnel visioning Shadow currently. While I don't think they're wrong to believe that he is in the game, they're certainly overlooking a possible candidate. Woulda been nice if one of those infamous leakers faked a Tails leak, though. I've got a feeling all the current fake leaks are going to turn these otherwise non popular characters into very strong DLC picks if they don't make it in now.

Speaking of leakers, Vergeben has been incredibly quiet these past few weeks. We've been at a standstill recently with nothing but a bunch of wannabe leakers. That's why I just want to get this next direct on the road already, so we can have another piece of the puzzle and end this mini-era of speculation.

Last edited:

SonicMario

Smash Master
Even with Alax posting his prediction for Tails. I'm ready for the "NOBODY SAW THIS COMING!!!" if he gets revealed. Everyone is tunnel visioning Shadow currently. While I don't think they're wrong to believe that he is in the game, they're certainly overlooking a possible candidate. Woulda been nice if one of those infamous leakers faked a Tails leak, though. I've got a feeling all the current fake leaks are going to turn these otherwise non popular characters into very strong DLC picks if they don't make it in now.
You'd think that. But we still haven't exactly got Rayman yet despite the fake DLC leak from Artsy Omni only weeks before the Ballot began. I actually think after Simon we aren't getting any more 3rd parties from companies not already represented until DLC. Rayman could still be DLC but that Rayman leak was pretty huge and if it was that huge you'd think he got in Ultimate already given that leak might of kept Rayman support fresh just in time for the ballot.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
We won't know Rayman's status for sure until all the characters for the base roster have been revealed, things very well might've worked out for him.

Granted, the flavor of the week over at Reddit/Gamefaqs keeps changing. So even the current meme picks right now probably won't be as relevant if there ever ends up being a 2nd ballot.

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511

Speaking of leakers, Vergeben has been incredibly quiet these past few weeks. We've been at a standstill recently with nothing but a bunch of wannabe leakers. That's why I just want to get this next direct on the road already, so we can have another piece of the puzzle and end this mini-era of speculation.
I wouldn't hinge too heavily on fake leaks. They're specifically designed to target the most hardcore in the fanbase. They're always chock full of flavor of the week to nab desperate fans' attention.

Way I see it: Tails got a Mii costume. Sonic and Knuckles did 2/3rds of the heroes pose. Shadow would mean the Sonic series is fresh on Sakurai's mind. Ultimate looks to be fleshing out already represented series.

I'm not saying he's a lock. I'm saying he's far more likely than people think.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
. Woulda been nice if one of those infamous leakers faked a Tails leak, though. I've got a feeling all the current fake leaks are going to turn these otherwise non popular characters into very strong DLC picks if they don't make it in now.
I know, right. That's one of the things about plausible leaks - everyone gets hung up on certain characters and then won't allow conversation about other characters.

I really hope we'll get something for Tails. With or without Shadow. I know that Shadow's popular, but he hasn't been part of the party in many recent Sonic games, has he? I don't know the new games, but Tails has always been in Sonic's party, and even been playable for parts of the game, right? Shadow's just been there.

Chrono.

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/9egrty/unofficial_smash_ballot_2018_results/

This is nice, Tails placed 21st place (tied with Isabelle) in an unofficial Smash Ballot.

Not the highest of positions but did rank higher than I would've expected.
I know, right. That's one of the things about plausible leaks - everyone gets hung up on certain characters and then won't allow conversation about other characters.

I really hope we'll get something for Tails. With or without Shadow. I know that Shadow's popular, but he hasn't been part of the party in many recent Sonic games, has he? I don't know the new games, but Tails has always been in Sonic's party, and even been playable for parts of the game, right? Shadow's just been there.
Well Shadow was playable in Sonic Forces which is the most recent 3D title and even had his own mini campaign (it's just 3 levels, but its something.)

RineYFD

Smash Journeyman
The chances are slim but if both Shadow and Tails, Sora, Infernape or Adeleine get revealed for Smash, I promise I'm going to chug down a whole bottle of Hot sauce(or drink as much as I can).
I know that just came out of nowhere but I wanted to announce that.
Fun stuff!

So considering that Sonic's colors haven't changed that much from his original blue, I tried to make a set of colors for our boi without going nuts with his orange. I did go a bit more intense than they were, but it's hard to just do different wristbands.

View attachment 161707

So:
  1. Default
  2. Green Chaos emeralds to go with Sonic's purple emerald recolor
  3. Purple fuzzy wristbands and a more purplish fur color to reference Blaze
  4. Vector's black wristbands and a darker, slightly greenish, color to go with it
  5. Blue glowy wristbands like Sonic's Crystal Ring one, but darker blue
  6. Gold rings and pinkish fur like Amy
  7. The red bands like the hands from the Sonic 2 Special Stage
  8. Sonic's Ark of the Cosmos bands, with a lighter fur like Silver.
Also calling @Venus of the Desert Bloom since you're collecting recolor sets.
Nice alts! Some of them look really good. I also had some ideas about some alts for Tails, Like a Cosmo(Sonic X, A green Tails with yellow bracelets and green shoes) themed costume and a Zooey(Sonic Boom, a bright yellow Tails with red bracelets) costume. I thought of these two since they were pretty close with Tails in their respective shows. Maybe even an Infinite themed costume(Black Tails with black gloves with black and silver shoes) (That could be a fun way to reference the 'Tails is Infinite' theory. Plus that and I thought Tails and Infinite look alike.
Just out of curiosity, how many sonic characters are you all ok with having max?

Is two your max? Three, four, five?

Are their certain characters that will make you upset got in before others?
Three for me. As much as I love Sonic I don't think he will get above three reps. Of course, I would choose Sonic, Tails and Shadow.
35 minute Nintendo direct tomorrow showcasing future 3ds and switch titles. Kind of a given that they'll probably show off a new smash character here.

For some reason I'm feeling really doubtful that it will be Tails tomorrow. If Tails/Shadow were to get a shared trailer like I've been expecting, Sakurai would need to explain things like he did for Castlevania after the trailer... and there just isn't the time for that in this direct. That leaves me kinda scared for this direct, if anything there are chances for Shadow to appear somewhere on his own as an echo and essentially deconfirm Tails.
Will I mean you never can know. They did once reveal Cloud Strife(You know. From Final Fantasy 7. One of the most popular RPG'S on the PS1 and in general beloved by most gamers) in a normal Nintendo Direct. Which was possibly one of the most groundbreaking news for Smash or gaming in general. And they didn't even explain anything after his reveal. In fact straight after they teased the Final Presentation for Smash DLC. So literary anything can happen,
https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/9egrty/unofficial_smash_ballot_2018_results/

This is nice, Tails placed 21st place (tied with Isabelle) in an unofficial Smash Ballot.

Not the highest of positions but did rank higher than I would've expected.

Well Shadow was playable in Sonic Forces which is the most recent 3D title and even had his own mini campaign (it's just 3 levels, but its something.)
Like many other people have said here I don't think fanpolls don't really matter. Especially since this one is quite recent so many peoples views have influenced all these leaks going around.
Not to mention the roster must've been finalized in 2015/2016.
Still, I am surprised Tails got that many votes.
As for Shadow being playable in Forces?
Eh.......... Sonic Forces did start development in 2013 so Sakurai could've seen Shadow being playable in Forces and thought to add him.
Then again Shadow's DLC could've been a complete after-thought and was developed after the finalized roster.
Even then we have to keep in mind that Sakurai's mainly choosing the fighters based off the Smash Ballot and there is a chance Tails could've potentially done better when Shadow with a couple of votes. Honestly, I don't know.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

Chrono.

Like many other people have said here I don't think fanpolls don't really matter. Especially since this one is quite recent so many peoples views have influenced all these leaks going around.
Not to mention the roster must've been finalized in 2015/2016.
Still, I am surprised Tails got that many votes.
As for Shadow being playable in Forces?
Eh.......... Sonic Forces did start development in 2013 so Sakurai could've seen Shadow being playable in Forces and thought to add him.
Then again Shadow's DLC could've been a complete after-thought and was developed after the finalized roster.
Even then we have to keep in mind that Sakurai's mainly choosing the fighters based off the Smash Ballot and there is a chance Tails could've potentially done better when Shadow with a couple of votes. Honestly, I don't know.
I just posted it cause I thought it was neat, but Tails always gets decently high spots even in fan poll from before Ultimate and even IGN rallied for him, I can imagine that gave him a good boost.

On that note, I only brought up Shadow to point out that, yeah, he's been playable recently. Because the user above me was wondering if he was. I don't think Sakurai saw Shadow in Forces at all, especially since that game's development was mostly in 2016 (the time before was spent in developing the Hedgehog Engine II.)

In the end that wouldn't matter at all, Shadow could've been unplayable in Forces and I'd still say he's near a lock due to everything he has going for him:
- Extremely popular and requested character
- Perfect fit for the Echo Fighter concept
- 3rd party series can get more than one character, despite fan belief
- Not an AT anymore

For Tails, I don't think he'd have to do super highly to be considered and/or added. Especially considering that he's been requested for years even before the ballot, and he wouldn't really have a complicated moveset or gimmick.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I feel that Tails is more likely soley due to the fact that Shadow is considered an echo fighter lock. It means that they have their eyes on the Sonic franchise and that they could bring in both highly requested characters. The fact that we still have yet to see Shadow is also a good thing, since it could just mean that they're waiting to show him in Tails' CGI trailer or something.

Of course, if they do show Shadow on his own, well then it's a different story.

As for the polls, the only thing that they really matter in right now is if there ends up being a 2nd Ballot. Which... if that were the case, we'd most certainly get characters Skull Kid and Bandanna Dee. What was popular in 2015 may have very well been different.

As for Tails appearing in the background of Green Hill Zone. I feel like it would be a BIG red flag if he just suddenly wasn't there anymore. That's probably why he's still there. It's much less of a deconfirmation as somebody appearing as a new background stage such as like... Captain Toad in New Donk City, or Viridi's importance in her stage whatever it's called.

Last edited:

Zoljinx_

Smash Apprentice
The official ballot i feel might have actually favored Tails/Knuckles over Shadow during its run since people claim they were unaware that the ballot was used for future installments, and considering Shadow was already an assist trophy, his votes may have taken a hit. That fanpoll is pretty skewed from peoples opinions having changed since 2015 when the ballot actually happened (Rex/Pyra at 14 when they weren't even known to the public at that time.)

I'd say at least the top 5 are close to accurate at the least. though it is nice to see my absolute most wanted in the top 20. it's nice to see people still care about Chibi-Robo.

as for background characters, I've never seen characters showing up in the background as a deconfirmation for anybody really, at this point we already have Toon Link on Spirit tracks, and Wii Fit Trainer in Wii Fit Studio. The only time I ever feel it would affect a character's chances is if they are a stage hazard/feature, such as Kamek changing the stage on Mushroom Kingdom U, or Pauline appearing in New Donk City Hall to add the lyrics to Jump Up Super Star.

Typically background characters can be either replaced, or ignored altogether, so Tails running in the background of Green Hill Zone doesn't really phase my hopes for him all that much.

Last edited:

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
As far as online fan polls are concerned, they're a bit too narrowly focused and only give a small window of the general populace's desire. A perfect example would be a character like Geno or Isaac, who are both very obscure yet very popular among the Smash community. But if you were to ask someone outside of that bubble about these characters, I can guarantee most will not be familiar with them while still know well who a character like Tails is. And let's not forget about the ability for those to make multiple votes or use vote bots to boost their wanted character, I would imagine a couple of those characters on that list were added through a handful of overzealous fans trying to tip the balance.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
As far as online fan polls are concerned, they're a bit too narrowly focused and only give a small window of the general populace's desire. A perfect example would be a character like Geno or Isaac, who are both very obscure yet very popular among the Smash community. But if you were to ask someone outside of that bubble about these characters, I can guarantee most will not be familiar with them while still know well who a character like Tails is. And let's not forget about the ability for those to make multiple votes or use vote bots to boost their wanted character, I would imagine a couple of those characters on that list were added through a handful of overzealous fans trying to tip the balance.
that pretty much my view on the ballot

SonicMario

Smash Master
Here's an interesting discussion. If Tails gets in Smash, obviously that might possibly set a precedent that other 3rd parties to strive for that a non-echo 3rd character in a franchise.

I really won't be supporting others myself that would qualify for a position that Tails is in. So thought for a moment I might just mention non-Echo newcomers for each of the other 3rd party franchises if they apply

Metal Gear: Raiden (Possibly with a Big Boss echo)
Mega Man: (None since pretty much all candidates have been relegated to either the Final Smash or an Assist. Maybe Roll but I doubt it)
Pac-Man: (None because other then a Ms. Pac-Man Echo/alt. costume there really isn't anything else)
Street Fighter: Chun-Li. The obvious pick should Street Fighter get another unique along with a Ken echo.
Final Fantasy: I guess a protagonist from a different Final Fantasy albeit the site has just FF7's logo. So might be restricted to just FF7 characters. If that's the case maybe you have a Zack Fair echo along with Sephiroth or Tifa
Bayonetta: (None because Jeanne's colors is already an alt when they've suspiciously removed newcomer alts before. And would be kind of a stretch to include anyone else.)
Castlevania: (It's probably staying as it was as what was shown in the 8.8 direct. The most likely 2nd non-echo character would probably have been Alucard had he not been an Assist Trophy already)

Basically I'm asking if there's any Tails fans that would like to see other characters possibly in similar situations with Tails (Albeit I still think Tails would be first). Raiden, Chun-Li, and Final Fantasy rep not from FF7/Sephiroth/Tifa

I personally wouldn't mind it, but I'm not going to go out of my way to support these characters myself. Though part of that is if I got Tails, I could quite honestly retire from Smash speculation forever getting two dream inclusions in one lifetime (First one being Sonic himself of course)

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
If Tails is announced do you think Shadow will be in the trailer with him? Or separate trailers?

SonicMario

Smash Master
If Tails is announced do you think Shadow will be in the trailer with him? Or separate trailers?
If the echo showcase hasn't been shown up with Shadow yet and there is a Tails reveal I'd highly expect Shadow to be somewhere in Tails trailer even if it's like Palutena's trailer where at the very end Dark Pit makes a brief appearence (Though they didn't give him a splash screen, so not many actually thought he was going to be playable or at least hinted at him being an alt [Which was almost the case, mind you] until the ESRB leak)

Definitely separate trailers if Shadow's an echo in the base game and Tails' chance has to wait til' DLC though. Though Shadow's "trailer" would just be the gameplay footage that Daisy, Chrom, and Dark Samus all got.

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
If the echo showcase hasn't been shown up with Shadow yet and there is a Tails reveal I'd highly expect Shadow to be somewhere in Tails trailer even if it's like Palutena's trailer where at the very end Dark Pit makes a brief appearence (Though they didn't give him a splash screen, so not many actually thought he was going to be playable or at least hinted at him being an alt [Which was almost the case, mind you] until the ESRB leak)

Definitely separate trailers if Shadow's an echo in the base game and Tails' chance has to wait til' DLC though. Though Shadow's "trailer" would just be the gameplay footage that Daisy, Chrom, and Dark Samus all got.
Yeah, I hope we find out soon. Hopefully in this new direct. I hope we get both Tails and Shadow in base game and then 1 more for dlc!

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Here's an interesting discussion. If Tails gets in Smash, obviously that might possibly set a precedent that other 3rd parties to strive for that a non-echo 3rd character in a franchise.

I really won't be supporting others myself that would qualify for a position that Tails is in. So thought for a moment I might just mention non-Echo newcomers for each of the other 3rd party franchises if they apply

Metal Gear: Raiden (Possibly with a Big Boss echo)
Mega Man: (None since pretty much all candidates have been relegated to either the Final Smash or an Assist. Maybe Roll but I doubt it)
Pac-Man: (None because other then a Ms. Pac-Man Echo/alt. costume there really isn't anything else)
Street Fighter: Chun-Li. The obvious pick should Street Fighter get another unique along with a Ken echo.
Final Fantasy: I guess a protagonist from a different Final Fantasy albeit the site has just FF7's logo. So might be restricted to just FF7 characters. If that's the case maybe you have a Zack Fair echo along with Sephiroth or Tifa
Bayonetta: (None because Jeanne's colors is already an alt when they've suspiciously removed newcomer alts before. And would be kind of a stretch to include anyone else.)
Castlevania: (It's probably staying as it was as what was shown in the 8.8 direct. The most likely 2nd non-echo character would probably have been Alucard had he not been an Assist Trophy already)

Basically I'm asking if there's any Tails fans that would like to see other characters possibly in similar situations with Tails (Albeit I still think Tails would be first). Raiden, Chun-Li, and Final Fantasy rep not from FF7/Sephiroth/Tifa

I personally wouldn't mind it, but I'm not going to go out of my way to support these characters myself. Though part of that is if I got Tails, I could quite honestly retire from Smash speculation forever getting two dream inclusions in one lifetime (First one being Sonic himself of course)
Absolutely. I'd love for other well-known and beloved third party characters to make it in without the whole "can't have so many per company or series," getting in the way.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule

Like Sonic 1 before it, Tails debut game will be on the Switch eventually thanks to Sega Ages!
!!!!

Sonic 2 was my first ever video game on Genesis! I've been wanting to replay this for a while.

Was really hoping a Tails-in-Smash reveal would go with this, but I'm excited to see Sonic 2 again. Now to see if I can make it out of Chemical Plant 2 without drowning...

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
So I don't know if you guys have been following the whole "Blog update order" thing. But apparently all the blog entries are numbered and they changed things out of order this week, probably due to the delay. You can read more about it here.
https://twitter.com/Kewl0210/status/1039682860263907328

I've added in the dates on the left as well as the red info on the right as to what I think it might be regarding.

New characters usually come with a trailer blog post, the new character, and their memory. Although the Bowser update came before the TL update, the TL was supposed to come first on September 11th, Tuesday. So that means no matter what, #137 has to be Monday's entry. Leaving us with only 3 blog entries on the day we were supposed to have the direct. Since both Ricther AND Simon were both shown in blogs on the same day, it's also safe to assume that if we were getting another Fighter/Echo combination, we would have had at least 4 blogs on Friday. But, that doesn't seem to be the case.

What im trying to get at here is that, I don't expect this reveal to be about Tails, unfortunately. Unless by somehow he manages to come completely on his own without Shadow. What do you guys think?

1536731393250.png

RineYFD

Smash Journeyman

Like Sonic 1 before it, Tails debut game will be on the Switch eventually thanks to Sega Ages!
Another leak...... great. Why couldn't all the companies get why Nintendo delayed the Direct. Nintendo's delayed so when everyone in Hokkaido gets power again they can watch the Direct, but yet everyone else doesn't seem to care.
Well, I'm assuming this was originally going to be in the Direct but who knows maybe it wasn't.
On the bright side, this opens speculation for Tails even more now.
With Tails' debut game now on the Switch and his playable role in Mania, this is playing in his favour.
So I don't know if you guys have been following the whole "Blog update order" thing. But apparently all the blog entries are numbered and they changed things out of order this week, probably due to the delay. You can read more about it here.
https://twitter.com/Kewl0210/status/1039682860263907328

I've added in the dates on the left as well as the red info on the right as to what I think it might be regarding.

New characters usually come with a trailer blog post, the new character, and their memory. Although the Bowser update came before the TL update, the TL was supposed to come first on September 11th, Tuesday. So that means no matter what, #137 has to be Monday's entry. Leaving us with only 3 blog entries on the day we were supposed to have the direct. Since both Ricther AND Simon were both shown in blogs on the same day, it's also safe to assume that if we were getting another Fighter/Echo combination, we would have had at least 4 blogs on Friday. But, that doesn't seem to be the case.

What im trying to get at here is that, I don't expect this reveal to be about Tails, unfortunately. Unless by somehow he manages to come completely on his own without Shadow. What do you guys think?

View attachment 163518
Well we definitely know that we were getting something Smash related in the Direct,
However for Tails. Yeah, I agree I'm not so sure we're getting him if that's the case. At the same time, Shadow might not get revealed either since they would reveal Shadow with the other Echo Fighters.
It's defintly another character in my opinion. Maybe Geno or Shantae. That's what I'm predicting.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Another leak...... great. Why couldn't all the companies get why Nintendo delayed the Direct. Nintendo's delayed so when everyone in Hokkaido gets power again they can watch the Direct, but yet everyone else doesn't seem to care.
Well, I'm assuming this was originally going to be in the Direct but who knows maybe it wasn't.
On the bright side, this opens speculation for Tails even more now.
With Tails' debut game now on the Switch and his playable role in Mania, this is playing in his favour.
I don't think Sega Ages have been in any directs so I kinda doubt it's mentioned in the direct. I can't recall Sonic 1 getting on the Switch (Which I hear happens soon) being advertised much by Nintendo itself.

Though I guess it would be cool if right after a Tails Smash reveal they put something like. "Play Tails' iconic debut at this time next year!". Doubt that will happen though.

RineYFD

Smash Journeyman
I don't think Sega Ages have been in any directs so I kinda doubt it's mentioned in the direct. I can't recall Sonic 1 getting on the Switch (Which I hear happens soon) being advertised much by Nintendo itself.

Though I guess it would be cool if right after a Tails Smash reveal they put something like. "Play Tails' iconic debut at this time next year!". Doubt that will happen though.
Oh yeah. Wait for Sonic 1 hasn't been officially revealed for the Switch yet, but Sonic 2 is? Don't get me wrong I love Sonic 2, but that pretty backwards not to announce the first game. Whatever I guess.
The Tails Smash idea you have sounds amazing.
ALSO, THE NINTENDO DIRECT IS HAPPENING TOMORROW LET'S STRAP ON OUR BELTS!

Last edited:

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Also to further speculation leads me to believe that the new character revealed tomorrow HAS to come with a new song on the website. As you can see from my post above, Pikmin was scheduled for next Wednesday but was pushed to this week... The only reason for that to be the case is if they couldn't show this week's music because of spoilers.

So if this is the case, and Nintendo doesn't plan on breaking it's music pattern... it will NOT be any character from a series that already has music on the website. This includes popular characters such as Bandanna Dee and Skull Kid. I am 99% sure they will not be showing up tomorrow. I also don't think it's likely it will be a Pokemon song either, because that wouldn't really have spoiled anything. Though it might have so the latter option is still very possible.

Main point is though is that it won't be Dee or Skull Kid.

Top Bottom