• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I used to think Diddy's was a terrible match up against Metaknight

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
But actually I think the reverse now. MK still wins of course, but I think its very close like 60-40

In fact, I think Diddy is Metaknights hardest matchup. Even harder than snake.

Discuss.

ADHD

Smash Hero
I knew this already, but mk players don't because diddy players are so rare and never really that good

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Seriously, even BF/Lylat aren't worse then even, I would give the nod to Diddy on SV/Yoshi/Cornaria/Delfino/Picto (at tournaments where this stage is on)/FD/and a few others.

Count

Smash Champion
I sorta agree-my winning percentage vs MKs on gamebattles is really good, partly because a lot of scrubs use meta knight..but still, when I play somebody high on the ladder who mains meta I always hold my own.

white peachy

Smash Ace
I agree, I think it's probably 50-50 on most stages, some with even a slight advantage to diddy. Unfortunately not many people seem to use diddy in tournaments for some reason.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
A couple weeks ago I played against Inui's Pit and Marth and beat him badly.
The next week he came back with MK and beat me. What am I supposed to do?

So the people around my Community belive that Picochat should be bann and they bann it at the tournaments I go to. Whenever I fight anyone they always bann FD against me. So if I can't choose FD or Picochat and I don't even know what to counterpick against MK anymore. He isn't a normal spammy MK hes very good with him and he knows how to handle my bannana's and glide toss with them. He's always Juggling me in the air and I have a very hard time getting back on the ground and he just pummles me with MK.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
A couple weeks ago I played against Inui's Pit and Marth and beat him badly.
The next week he came back with MK and beat me. What am I supposed to do?

So the people around my Community belive that Picochat should be bann and they bann it at the tournaments I go to. Whenever I fight anyone they always bann FD against me. So if I can't choose FD or Picochat and I don't even know what to counterpick against MK anymore. He isn't a normal spammy MK hes very good with him and he knows how to handle my bannana's and glide toss with them. He's always Juggling me in the air and I have a very hard time getting back on the ground and he just pummles me with MK.
you have to be the aggressor in this matchup, and you have to watch for when he's playing defensive. a lot of players when they see you pull out a banana, they don't do anything they just wait to see what you're going to do with it. in those cases you have to mix it up, glide forward while throwing the banana down, and spotdoge d-smash or something, then pick the banana up and **** him. if he's juggling you, stay out of the air. despite the fact that he's a monkey, he doesn't really need to be jumping around that much. and use monkey kick a lot. and back air. those are diddys two highest priority moves. F tilt is pretty good too.

diddy vs Mk is still an uphill battle for diddy IMHO

smashville is a decent pick. i'd avoid battlefield and anything excessively small

Paul Hoffman

Smash Rookie
CP FD/Picto (or Delfino, nothing better than a banana lock kill rofl), overwhelm or bait with bananas depending on MK's playstyle and mindset, adapt as needed, win. The key is proper glide toss prediction (dt/bs if he dashes, ft/bs if you suspect shield, ft/fs if he tornado spams, etc). Most MK's I run into don't give my Diddy much trouble... I usually go for the fear factor off the bat, but if the MK knows the match-up then a smart defensive game seems to do well- let the MK give himself away so to speak.

Sup Dawg

Smash Apprentice
diddy is the shiz!

no mk has (as of yet) defeated my diddy.

then again no one ever fights my diddy as mk... ):-/

maybe they're all just smart ):-)

lol

Top Bottom