• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I sense a problem rising...

DrunkenSphere

Smash Cadet
Jiggly puff is twice as big as before, cant use pound as a recovery move, has a faster ground speed, and is heavier.

This is not the jiggs we know and love, more like biggs.

Anyway, where did jiggs go in brawl, Or is "biggs" the closest thing

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
This is much closer to the SSB64 Jigglypuff than the Melee one, with a few Melee aspects thrown in. Her air game is much more combo suited than WoP oriented. Her size is also similar to her ssb64 version, where she was larger than Kirby. So think of her as SSB64 Jiggz with a better jump ability and off-the-edge WoP.

Chexr

Smash Ace
I played a bit with jiggs today. She's definitely more like her 64 self and a lot worse. Her movement has been horribly nerfed. Also one of the guys there said he rested DeDeDe at 80%, he didnt die and came back down and killed jiggs with a f-smash. If you liked jiggs from melee you probably be disappointed with her in brawl.

ps. brawl >>>>>>> melee

thegreatace

Smash Cadet
its too bad the jiggs, rest isnt as pizzazy as it was before, but oh well, we will just have to understand that its really hard to make everything balanced. =/

DrunkenSphere

Smash Cadet
This is much closer to the SSB64 Jigglypuff than the Melee one, with a few Melee aspects thrown in. Her air game is much more combo suited than WoP oriented. Her size is also similar to her ssb64 version, where she was larger than Kirby. So think of her as SSB64 Jiggz with a better jump ability and off-the-edge WoP.
So kinda like a Half air and half ground based playstyle hmm.... well i guess We can role with the punches, cause jiggs is round and stuff.... yeah.........

Mada90

Smash Apprentice
I actually enjoy the new Puff,combos are a lot easier,especially with bair.
The only real bad thing is rest,sadly.
I think Puff will be higher on the tier list,lack of Wavedash and L Cancel is a big advantage for her.

Dream Chaser

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, like most characters, the new way the game is played will effect stategies. So like other characters new strategies will need to be used.

I hope there will be no need for a tier list an that all charcters can be used effectively.

Kone

Smash Master
Jiggles is just more like her n64 counterpart than melee. Her fair is much better now and can kill. I dont think we need to worry to much about the nerfing of the rest. From what ive experienced of brawl chars in general survive longer and have better or more varied recoveries. Winning matches seems focused more on stopping your opponent fromg etting back to the stage rather than edge hogging or guarding the edge on the stage. Not many chars are better sutied to this task than jiggs :)

Also, the improvement to her ground game is great. Plus uair seems to be great for comboing, def into rests.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I'm not too worried, I really liked jiggs in melee but I'll get used to brawl jiggs eventually. I also don't believe any character is truly bad, it all depends on who is controling the character. ;)

Atsu

Smash Ace
Yeah, like most characters, the new way the game is played will effect stategies. So like other characters new strategies will need to be used.

I hope there will be no need for a tier list an that all charcters can be used effectively.
This summed up my thoughts exactly. Bolded for emphasis.

greenblob

Smash Lord
Combos? *excited*

Any details? Does bair (x4) still work? What about uthrow->uair (x4)? Can we do some classic drill->utilt->rest combos from Smash64?

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
Yes!!! Not buying a gamecube finally pays off:)
D-air FTW!!!

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Um, why can't pound be used as recovery? I was doing rising pound without any trouble.

WoP seems so much easier, which I like much.

RPK

Smash Lord
For those who think Brawl will be totally balanced is wrong. No matter the game, if the characters are different, there will be Tier Lists. One will ALWAYS be better then the other unless you make all character exactly the same.

Anyways, I was a bit disappointed in the nerfing of rest. However, I didnt use it that much anyways lol. I am happy that it will be easier to perform WoP in Brawl.

ConeZone

Smash Ace
resting was the best move period in melee haha, i wish jigglys FS would have been a super rest move or something like that haha

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
You can still use pound as a recovery, I've played it. And truthfully i didn't even need it because her recovery w/o it is so great. I don't think I ever died off the bottom with jiggly.

Baconater

Smash Cadet
"pound can no longer be used for recover"
Thanks for scaring the bejebuz out of me. No I haven't played yet bet I'm going to trust the other people on this thread who say it's still viable.
Fun fact: in melee on any stage that doesn't have a pillar style base, you can go all the way around (includes corneria) try going to hyrule and going from the tip top right, around the left, through the cave, and landing on the right below where you started.
the lack of pound recover would be AWFUL

Dragnil

Smash Cadet
If they nerfed rest then how are we to get on peoples nerves.:ohwell: although does anyone know if the time jiggs spends asleep is any greater?

infernovia

Smash Ace
You spend less time asleep (actually, if you hit water, you wake up automatically) and proportionally to the recovery percentage, rest hasn't been nerfed. Well, thats what I hear anyway.

Top Bottom