• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I played Brawl

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
o.
IMO, if a move's knockback increases with percent, it's a kill move.
you will understand when you play it
how severe the difference between kill mvoes and non kill moves are.

bringing back samsus' nair,
it knocks back about the same at 50% as it does at 300%
i mean it's a little more at 300% but only about a quarter of the length of FD.
on the other hand, samsus' missles at 50% knock up about marths' characther height.
at 300%, they kill

this kind of difference is not samus only, it's seen all throughout the game. some moves will not kill no matter what unless you hit them with it when you're both way off the side or smth.

anyway, i'll also give the game time to develop ofcourse. i'm just giving my initial impression.

?!?

Smash Lord
Holla at me if you need to hire a teams partner. I
man I hope brawl sucks so much that only noobs want to play it for tourneys that way melee rules over the tourney scene and the creator of smash is gay for taking off L cancel I hope he dies. lol I remember his sttupid quote "we know what we're doing we are gonna make this game amazing" lol at that quote

Gerbil

Smash Champion
I dunno how many of you guys go to the Brawl section, but I'd take a look in there at the new stickies ;)

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Brawl may be a 1/2 decent competitive game afterall. To anyone who thinks Brawl looks like a terrible party game should watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8OCFl6EILs

I thought Brawl was gonna be awful until that video gave me hope. High Gravity Brawl looks A LOT playable competitive than regular brawl does.

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
idk anything about game balance yet, but I get the feeling high gravity brawl will cater heavily towards characters with little lag after aerials.
in regular brawl, characters with a lot of lag after aerials are usually helped by the fact that all moves send people flying too far to combo. in high grav, if your opponent gets back faster, you are totally out of options when you should have had the momentum after landing your hit.
not that you would have had momentum after landing a hit in brawl anyway, lol.

anyway, due to me having further experience with teh game, i'd like to say that i'm slightly more optimistic about a competitive scene that doesn't involve glitching to break free of the confines of the game engine. things just might turn out alright.

also wolf is too good, he is like melee falco in brawl LOL

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
Brawl may be a 1/2 decent competitive game afterall. To anyone who thinks Brawl looks like a terrible party game should watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8OCFl6EILs

I thought Brawl was gonna be awful until that video gave me hope. High Gravity Brawl looks A LOT playable competitive than regular brawl does.
Wow, good find. :)

Yeah, it does look alot more playable then the other way.

hat you would have had momentum after landing a hit in brawl anyway, lol.

anyway, due to me having further experience with teh game, i'd like to say that i'm slightly more optimistic about a competitive scene that doesn't involve glitching to break free of the confines of the game engine. things just might turn out alright.
lol, glitches?

explain plz, and name these glitches.

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
i am talking about glitches that don't exist, and am saying how i'm hopeful that we will have a competitive scene that doesn't involve real glitching,

SynikaL

Smash Lord
I think it's a little too early to even consider high gravity. Let's get acclimated with Brawl's changes before suggesting something so makeshift and drastic. The game likely wasn't even balanced with it in mind. Could be wrong on that though.

-Kimosabae

Frames

DI
I think that having high gravity mode could hold some potential problems. Even though the game has a form of lag canceling for aerials, it's still not nearly as good as l-canceling in melee is. The reason that slower characters could compete at high levels was that they could use l-canceling to move faster and chain combos and attacks. Even still many players strayed away from larger, slower characters in favor of lighter, faster ones. With brawl the way it is, using high gravity mode could very well alienate a portion of the cast from competitive play altogether, and make characters like Marth even better. Also having high gravity mode would make online play harder, since having the game technically faster would increase latency problems.

I haven't tried it yet, so i'm not really sure, these are just some ideas i thought about it.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Don't be so negative, Renth!

Everyone is still a TOTAL NOOB at Brawl. Give them some time.

Top Bottom