• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I need tips and g&w main's opinions on this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cel

Smash Cadet
Ok, heres the deal. Recently ive been playing misc ppl and hav been doin very well against them. For a while I had a winning streak going amongst the ppl ive been playing on aib but ive come across a very annoying and in my opinion unhonorable play style that is causing me to take a lot of losses that shouldnt be happening. People are taking "playing defensive against g&w" to a new level. They are playing a hit and run style which basicly boils down to them landing a hit, attempting to combo with that hit, and if they dont then they run and force me to come to them. The problem here is that when I come in with an attack they run from it and counter my lag time (even the turtle), if I do a shielded approach I get grabbed. I feel that having to chase an opponent puts the person chasing at a huge disadvantage. What are your opinions/strategies for this issue?

Gates

Banned via Warnings
We have a Q&A thread for this you know.

Is there a specific character you're having trouble with?

cutter

Smash Champion
Umm... your opponents are simply taking advantage of the fact that G&W has no real projectile and has to actually approach when behind in percentage.

That's Brawl for ya, and it's basically what the game is degenerating into.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
yea people who play defensive against G&W suck:[
but it works...
i say just don't get too aggressive or it'll make it worse

bacons a projectile lol:D ^^^^^

kinda D:

AzNfinesse

Smash Journeyman
ya it sucks. defensive and campy players are ftl...even against other characters. gaw is just hit really hard by the campy players due to the lack of projectiles. i'd say counter-camp them. eventually someone has to attack, and if you're patient enough, you'll most likely have the advantage. campy gaw is probably one of the most annoying playstyles in the game IMO

POKE40

Smash Lord
Counter pick so running away is a bad idea like
*cough* Rainbow Cruise

and never pick
*bad cough* Final Destination

for turtle make sure you have proper spacing.
Playing defensive on G&W is not good for you...
CP and attempt to put them on a bad position.

Sachertorte

Smash Cadet
For a shielded approach, I think the best idea is to use your bair on them. If they shield it, the last hit will hit them, leaving them open for another possible attack.

That's just me though, if it doesn't work, try playing some mindgames.

Splice

Smash Hero
On one occasion, I ran up to a camping player, and Used DownB a decent distance from them.
They took the bait and I managed to Down Air them (The Key) and hit them off the stage.
Like Sachertorte said, try playing some Mindgames/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom