• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"I need a weapon" - Master Chief

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan

I write move set concepts and this is my second attempt at a Master Chief for Smash. Let me know what you think. Would you like to play this potential version of Chief if he made it?
That’s a pretty solid moveset. Can you post a HQ version of the page with all the weapons? I couldn’t read it.

I’d take his jab from Dead or Alive though. I feel that job would make him pretty bad tbh.

jamesster445

Smash Lord
That’s a pretty solid moveset. Can you post a HQ version of the page with all the weapons? I couldn’t read it.

I’d take his jab from Dead or Alive though. I feel that job would make him pretty bad tbh.
https://imgur.com/a/7LxaJtc

I wanted to avoid using anything outside of Halo itself. Hence why no DoA jab. I also kind of want his normals to be "unwieldy." They're strong but they don't combo into each other too well. I didn't want his normals to be too good.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
BTB flight incoming in 2 weeks

Chief wasn’t in DoA4. It was some other Spartan named Nicole. Could see that jab working though, yeah.

Back to Infinite, I’m also mixed on the progression system. Apparently you don’t get any exp per match but only for doing challenges?

They say they'll have a ridiculously high amount of challenges they'll throw at you so in theory you won't run out and be locked out of progression but it's not ideal. Challenges should always be complimentary to a regular XP gain just for playing a match with small bonuses for performance and winning

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
https://imgur.com/a/7LxaJtc

I wanted to avoid using anything outside of Halo itself. Hence why no DoA jab. I also kind of want his normals to be "unwieldy." They're strong but they don't combo into each other too well. I didn't want his normals to be too good.
That makes sense. Though, it’s not uncommon for Sakurai to pull from appearances outside of their series for Smash moves. Mega Man’s upper cut (his Utilt, I think) is from Marvel vs Capcom.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
That makes sense. Though, it’s not uncommon for Sakurai to pull from appearances outside of their series for Smash moves. Mega Man’s upper cut (his Utilt, I think) is from Marvel vs Capcom.
The Mega Upper?
That’s from Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters. The April 2014 Smash Direct mistranslated it as being from the Marvel vs Capcom series.

The point still stands on pulling from outside the home series since Sephiroth’s Winged Form first appeared in the Kingdom Hearts series.

Zanzibub

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone, I have come to share a theory that could indicate Master Chief as the last fighter. Don't know how people here feel about theories, I know they are not usually treated well in the speculation scene.

Thing about this is I didn't try to focus on Challenger Pack 11, or Ultimate's DLC alone, moreso all the 3rd parties in Smash, all the companies.. and most importantly the Super Smash Bros. roster timeline.

Obviously Smash 64 and Melee didn't have 3rd parties, but going through those is key, knowing why some character cuts have been made. This theory goes over why I feel like Ultimate is the end, why Smash 4 could have been the end, and why Terry Bogard could have been the final fighter.

If you are interested: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1I33-UeeEmfVz8rBmUn1guJ4xMAu5Gu3R3-meoeqTnQA/edit?usp=drivesdk

Last edited:

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
Well, Probably not. but i want you guys to at least know that the last pass could be anybody, just in case it isn't chief don't get super upset over it.
For sure, the pass has been tough to predict. But, I don't think anyone here seriously is going to be heartbroken to not get Chief. Most of us are just happy he is being seriously considered by the fandom. Who would have thought that would be possible???

But, the marketing materials we have seen are for Halo: Infinite. We all know that. It would just be cool if it dipped over the Nintendo Switch with MCC or Chief in Smash. None of us are going to lose it if he doesn't make it in.

MegaAccf

Smash Cadet
NNID
MegaAccf
Switch FC
SW-7442-2784-2123
Well, Probably not. but i want you guys to at least know that the last pass could be anybody, just in case it isn't chief don't get super upset over it.
To be fair this game is one in a lifetime with the number of characters in this game. Not to mention they branded the game as the "Ultimate Gaming Crossover" and it's very surprising seeing an FPS rep not yet represented fully.

We just gotta hope for the best and hopefully, our dream can be fulfilled.

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
Saw this on instagram and i found it funny. How it saids game pass ULTIMATE. Who's in the very front of the picture? Chief himself. Steve is on the side despite being the most sold video game in the world. Even doom guy is on the side lol shows that chief is still a big part of gaming and still remains as microsofts main mascot.

Attachments

Last edited:

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
Us Chief fans are chill. I haven’t seen anyone backing him who seems like they’ll go rabid if he doesn’t get in. We all know that we’re lucky that he’s an actual contender nowadays & that this thread isn’t locked up for being ridiculous like it was in the Smash 4 days.

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
I think some of you guys are being a little too optimistic.
I don't think anyone here is acting like "he's lock!"

We are mostly speculating based on strong hints here and there.
If you want to see those hints and see why we are cautiously hopeful, I can gladly copypaste compilation.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Yeah, haven’t really gotten that vibe from anyone here, but I’ve known at least one person elsewhere whose considered Chief a shoo-in, an inevitability, etc, though has simmered down on it since we’re near the end of the DLC cycle, and since then has focused more so on Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl and considering Smash dead due to that game existing since that’s the cool kid thing to do now apparently.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
It's not like we'll be starving for anything anyway, what with MCC Season 8, Infinite flights, more novels, comic re-releases and then Infinite itself, warts and all.
Chief in Smash is the tip top goal to hope for of course but we're eating pretty good without that. It's more of a cherry on top.

Baba

Smash Journeyman
Got my fingers crossed for chief, but I feel like he's such a big deal it would be weird to drop him in a random direct.
If we get an announcement for a final smash presentation though, I think his odds go up significantly.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
Got my fingers crossed for chief, but I feel like he's such a big deal it would be weird to drop him in a random direct.
If we get an announcement for a final smash presentation though, I think his odds go up significantly.
Well, they also revealed Cloud in a random November drop so who knows what can happen. Let’s hope for the best, Spartans!

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
And increases the odds Microsoft asked for him, with how they've been pushing Chief as heavily as they have been, there's no way they didn't at least bring it up

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
I am hoping with you, Spartans. Chief in Smash was once laughable. Now, it feels like he is the missing all-star. Hoping for good things! But, even if not, we will get the hype train rolling for the next Smash. CHIEF FOR SMASH!

Baba

Smash Journeyman
Interesting question-
I feel like with a lot of characters, its obvious who we're getting the second the trailer starts.
Ridley and K.Rool were pretty obvious as soon as their trailers began.

What do you think would make Chief a lock? I feel like if the trailer starts in outer space, it raises the chances of it being him significantly.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Interesting question-
I feel like with a lot of characters, its obvious who we're getting the second the trailer starts.

What do you think would make Chief a lock? I feel like if the trailer starts in outer space, it raises the chances of it being him significantly.
We hear the Halo piano notes

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
Interesting question-

i feel like the first thing i would realize is if the beginning of the trailer was focusing on Samus herself a lot. Fans have always paired up Samus and Masterchief for some reason. They're both warriors in space, similar appearance, fights aliens, wears a armored suit, shields, and lots of weapons. Does anyone remember Haloid? It was a fan made film with Masterchief going toe to toe with Samus herself. It seems these two are like the dream matchup people want to see. One big difference with halo and Metroid is that in Metroid, in the end, you see Samus removing her armor, revealing that Samus is a woman. Halo on the other end, you don't see what chief looks like. We know he's a man but we do not see his face ever. I'm just saying, if the trailer focus's on Samus........ time to get hyped ;). Like imagine her flying on her ship with Mario, Pikachu and Fox. All of the sudden, they come across an artifact of some sort. Camera slowly pans up and you see the Halo ring with the iconic theme playing. I WILL LOSE MY S***!

Baba

Smash Journeyman
i feel like the first thing i would realize is if the beginning of the trailer was focusing on Samus herself a lot. Fans have always paired up Samus and Masterchief for some reason. They're both warriors in space, similar appearance, fights aliens, wears a armored suit, shields, and lots of weapons. Does anyone remember Haloid? It was a fan made film with Masterchief going toe to toe with Samus herself. It seems these two are like the dream matchup people want to see. One big difference with halo and Metroid is that in Metroid, in the end, you see Samus removing her armor, revealing that Samus is a woman. Halo on the other end, you don't see what chief looks like. We know he's a man but we do not see his face ever. I'm just saying, if the trailer focus's on Samus........ time to get hyped ;). Like imagine her flying on her ship with Mario, Pikachu and Fox. All of the sudden, they come across an artifact of some sort. Camera slowly pans up and you see the Halo ring with the iconic theme playing. I WILL LOSE MY S***!
Yeah a focus on Samus would be a big indicator for Chief or Doomguy imo

MegaAccf

Smash Cadet
NNID
MegaAccf
Switch FC
SW-7442-2784-2123
Praying it's Master Chief. He deserves to be in this game in my opinion. He's an actual missing star.
Like Microsoft is in the game, but it's just odd not having THE Microsoft in there

Last edited:

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
Remember everyone, even if chief doesnt make it in, be glad that this was the closets he's ever been in a smash brothers game. This game represents my childhood. All my childhood characters coming together in one game. Masterchief is like the last big childhood hero i grew up with. It was such a big part of my gamng life as a kid. Having that last part of my childhood in this game would be the most wholesome feeling any video game has done for me. Its so nerve wrecking because this is THE LAST fighter. After this, we may never get this roster again and I want chief to be a part of the smash family. If he gets in, i will celebrate by covering the halo theme on guitar

Other fighters i be happy with
*scorpion
*sora
*leon kennedy

Last edited:

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
Praying it's Master Chief. He deserves to be in this game in my opinion. He's an actual missing star.
Like Microsoft is in the game, but it's just odd not having THE Microsoft in there
I’m biased but I do feel like he’s the biggest missing piece. Halo’s importance is on a similar level to that of many of the franchises in Smash. It’s also had an enduring legacy just as strong as them.

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
I’m biased but I do feel like he’s the biggest missing piece. Halo’s importance is on a similar level to that of many of the franchises in Smash. It’s also had an enduring legacy just as strong as them.
Halo helped revolutionized the modern FPS genre especially for online and tournaments. Crash, sora, phoenix right, Rayman are all cool characters, but compared to Halo, they never achieved what Halo did back in the day. If chief was a costume, that'll be a big middle finger to gaming as a whole

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
When it comes to "knowing who it is when the trailer starts" I am on the same page as most of you. Samus, to me, would be a good indicator for Master Chief. But, it could also mean a newcomer from the upcoming Metroid game. Either way, Samus would be who I'm looking for. Well, and Mario. Probably the other big mascot type characters. I guess we will see soon enough!

Top Bottom