• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"I need a weapon" - Master Chief

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
When it comes to "knowing who it is when the trailer starts" I am on the same page as most of you. Samus, to me, would be a good indicator for Master Chief. But, it could also mean a newcomer from the upcoming Metroid game. Either way, Samus would be who I'm looking for. Well, and Mario. Probably the other big mascot type characters. I guess we will see soon enough!
100% i promise you, its not going to be a Nintendo character

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
if chief doesn't get in, lets be more vocal about chief in smash for future games! All he needs is a little push

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
Alright, its now safe to say that the MCC is not coming to switch as we know of. If we still are taking king zells words into consideration, that there is some kind of halo content coming to the switch this year.... its going to be Master Chief in Smash! Revealing a MCC port to the switch, should have been revealed during this direct. There is no point to reveal that at the final presentation and i don't think there's going to be another Nintendo Direct this year. Its either nothing and king zell is full of it, or Master Chief will be the final fighter. Finish the fight!

sucks we have to wait a week to see :/. Lets hope i don't die

Audioplasma

Smash Cadet
Alright, its now safe to say that the MCC is not coming to switch as we know of. If we still are taking king zells words into consideration, that there is some kind of halo content coming to the switch this year.... its going to be Master Chief in Smash! Revealing a MCC port to the switch, should have been revealed during this direct. There is no point to reveal that at the final presentation and i don't think there's going to be another Nintendo Direct this year. Its either nothing and king zell is full of it, or Master Chief will be the final fighter. Finish the fight!

sucks we have to wait a week to see :/. Lets hope i don't die
As much as I really hope this is the case wouldn’t Microsoft want chief to be revealed at a big event like the game awards since there would be a more broad audience?

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
As much as I really hope this is the case wouldn’t Microsoft want chief to be revealed at a big event like the game awards since there would be a more broad audience?
i mean Steve was shown off in a separate direct and that was a BIG ICONIC CHARACTER. He broke the internet that day so thousands of people heard about it. To be honest, I thought that was something better for suited for the TGA or E3. it makes sense to reveal someone like chief at the game awards but leakers have been teasing something with Microsoft and Nintendo coming in the fall. Chief in Smash is the only thing i can think of. Who ever the last fighter will be, its going to be big.

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
This probably doesn't mean anything, but Banjo-Kazooie coming to NSO is a good sign for Nintendo and Microsoft's continuing relationship.
Yeah, I saw that. Obviously they are still working together. I am curious about that deal. N64 won't be paid for, right? It's ports for the upgraded NSO service. So, what does MS get out of it? Super interesting...

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
For those who are concern whenever Banjo N64 on Switch was the Nintendo x Microsoft collab.

Spoiler Alert: It's not. Meaning it's still unsure on what it is.

https://twitter.com/TheDemoScout/status/1441186907874938880?s=20
I'll get let down, i know it lol the signs are pointing good though. Maybe if chief gets revealed for this direct, he'll be released a week after the presentation? Maybe towards the end of the month? Stuff like that has happened before. Characters sometimes don't get release on the day they're actually revealed.

Knight - suba: "Nintendo reveals the last Fighter at 5th of October than release it at 15th November?"

Demo: " I really can’t see that happening lol, I’m sure it will be released on October as well "

Knight - suba: " I see, maybe after the presentation"

Last edited:

Zyliee

Smash Cadet
Interesting question-
I feel like with a lot of characters, its obvious who we're getting the second the trailer starts.
Ridley and K.Rool were pretty obvious as soon as their trailers began.

What do you think would make Chief a lock? I feel like if the trailer starts in outer space, it raises the chances of it being him significantly.
The piano keys for sure. Second would be the use of Samus or Mario, but you would need to see like say... Samus wandering around a grassy plain, checking her surroundings or Mario in a metal building.

MasterCheef

Smash Ace
honestly with 343 launching Halo Infinite
withou having the __( brute shot, needle rifle, ) & not having __ ( Forge )
__ adding the grapple shot __

It does NOT even feel like Halo anymore and I don't have any interest in the game nor do i want Master Chief in Smash

Zyliee

Smash Cadet

It does NOT even feel like Halo anymore and I don't have any interest in the game nor do i want Master Chief in Smash
Honestly feels like you are baiting with that, But...

I have yet to try Infinite, I don't trust for it to run well on my PC or Xbone. And after Halo 5, it has to really kiss my ass to buy any of their new 'Call of Duty' style one. I get what you are saying, but it feels weird you would make that your name and icon on a Smash board something you don't want in Smash.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Wait, Infinite doesn't have the Needler?!

HOW THE **** CAN YOU HAVE A HALO GAME WITHOUT THE NEEDLER?!

Is 343 deliberately TRYING to alienate the fanbase?
The needler's never leaving lmao
It's in the flights, one of the things flagged up was to make it sound more crystally

MagnesD3

Smash Master

Why would that affect your desire for him in smash lol

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Oh.

Sorry I overreacted. But still lack of Forge mode is concerning
Forge is coming post launch again but really basic stuff can be found in the flight files.
If it's as big of an improvement as they're making it out to be, it needs a lot of time to cook.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Well you picked an unfortunate username then lol

Lionfranky

Smash Lord

With that mindset, Banjo shouldn't have gotten in the first place... let alone vast potential choices.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I don’t think Halo’s really doomed with Infinite (it’s not irredeemable as is), but like with 5, would say wait awhile before picking it up for those either not feeling it or are unsure about the game. Give it some time until there’s something closer to a full game experience you would expect. Content wise I’m still of the opinion that this is an even worse launch than Halo 5, but is what it is.

The 343 Halo trilogy has been largely a trilogy of experimentation and blunders, and I understand those who are just jaded with the series at this point, though I don’t think it necessarily reflects whether Chief should be in Smash.

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
My issue is Halo Infinite is proof, it is never coming back to it's former glory.
With all your respect, i think you kinda of need to move on. Halo will never go back to what it was. We all love old classic halo, but the gameplay and style will always evolve. If 343 industries made the new halo games EXACTLY the same as the originals, then people will call them lazy, uncreative, and to afraid to take new risks. Every Halo game has always brought something new to the table. Making it exactly like the old games will not fix it. For me, all i want them to do is to make a fun multiplayer experience and an amazing story. I invest into the story more than the multiplayer which is why Halo 5 was such a turn off for me. If you can't accept Halo changing, then don't get into it and don't have your profile picture be chief himself because it just seems very odd you are being negative towards Halo and the fact you don't even want Chief in Smash.... I'm a halo fan til the end whether its a bad game or good game. I believe Halo can be the king of games again. 343 industries are at least are trying to make Halo great again. co op and forge are still coming. The process of making a video is very complicated and time consuming. Plus are you saying that the music is bad? Halo infinites music is literally the most Halo thing since Halo 3. Maybe even Reach. Halo infinite has brought nothing but old memories back for me. Wait until the full game comes out, then make your judgement. There is still so much we do not know yet

Also I don't understand how just because of few games were considered not loved by many fans, means that the character isn't deserving to be in Smash? What does that have to do anything with his chances? Banjo & Kazooie nuts and bolts wasn't a good game. It was just about cars. Does that mean B&K didn't deserve to be in smash? no. The Final Fantasy franchise has had PLENTLY of horrendous games that people hated but cloud and sephi are in Smash. Chief deserves to be in smash just as Mario, ryu, sonic and pacman. Every game franchise has there ups and downs. Master chief wouldn't get in Smash because Halo is a fun game. He would get in because of what Halo has done for the FPS genre as a whole. It helped revolutionized FPS for the modern era and for online. I still consider it the Star Wars of video games. Out of all things, you should worry more about the Halo t.v show since its not even canon to the story. Just wait for the full game dude

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If third-parties could only get in when their series were at their critical peaks the lineup would look entirely different.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
You can just continue playing the older games on Master Chief Collection if Infinite or whatever new game isn't for you. It's kinda telling though that MCC (after it got enough updates/fixes) was the only Halo thing largely considered a success by 343, and it existing only further amplified the nostalgia for Bungie era Halo, as well as perhaps resistance to change in the case of Halo 4, 5, and now Infinite and how they're recieved. I don't know, but like how some Nintendo fans still wish Nintendo had Rare, I don't blame those who still feel that Bungie and Halo separating was a mistake. I mean good for Bungie in that they managed to split with Activision and became an independent publisher far as Destiny, but fans would still kill to have them back at some point for Halo, having gotten fed up with 343 after the better part of a decade. That's the only way Halo could feel like what it was again for the disappointed fans.

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
I grew up with Halo. Halo: CE was so breathtaking. Halo 2's multiplayer was top notch. Halo 3 was the best of both worlds. Halo: Reach's standalone narrative(and ODST prior to that) were great. Bungie just knew what they were doing.

I don't think 343 is doing near as bad a job as other people seem to think. Halo 4 had more lore than any of the other games. Halo 5's multiplayer is one of the most hardcore variants, and I thought it was fine. The problem was the fun was lacking, but I digress...

Halo: Infinite's first flight was a lot of fun to me. It was different, but the gameplay evolved. Just like it has done with each and every previous title. It's fine. It may be great. Find some friends, get together, and have fun with it! It isn't even out yet. Relax on it, go in with a smile, and let's get some games in together sometime.

Baba

Smash Journeyman
Halo's identity has gotten derailed and fallen off a cliff. This makes it feel as though the franchise is no longer deserving to be in SSBU
This is super dramatic. Halo's legacy isn't erased because you don't like the newest entry's open beta. Chief is and will always be an iconic face of the industry.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I think it's best to ignore the dude spouting nonsense at this point. I've had the insight to do so myself.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Halo 4 = amazing in almost every way but it had issues competitively.
Halo 5 = terrible campaign/story, boring guns and gameplay that doesn't feel like Halo at all but technical good competitively as whatever that game is.
Halo Infinite = haven't played but Halo 5 burned me so bad and from what I've read about how it plays I'll probably only get it if it's single player is very fun. I wanna play Halo competitive not titanfall cod with no radar..

But yeah thankfully there's the MCC, and I'm hopeful for Chief in smash.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
If a series reaching an apparent low point means that it can't or shouldn't get into Smash, then Sonic wouldn't have made it into Brawl (the most recent major title was Sonic 06), Mega Man wouldn't have made it into Smash 4 (since that was around the time when Capcom was cancelling everything Mega Man related), and Snake wouldn't have made into Smash Ultimate (since the latest Metal Gear game released at the time was Metal Gear Survive), among others.

I'm not up to date on Halo (I haven't played Halo 1 or 5, I don't think I finished Halo 2, and I definitely didn't finish Halo ODST), but I figure the series' importance, legacy, etc. would make up for one apparently bad game that isn't even out yet.

MasterCheef

Smash Ace
It's hard to think a franchise still deserves to be in Smash which has deviated so far from it's best, ___ it no longer feels like a unique & worthy experience.

with a playable fighter. a mii costume is ok.

Also i dislike almost all legacy Non-Nintendo characters, except __ ( King K. Rool )

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Apparently with Infinite, the plasma pistol can no longer EMP vehicles? That’s lame, taking away half its use. If they wanted newly added weapons to have that purpose, I get it, but don’t butcher old ones.

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
I found these on the Isaac Thread. What do you guys think of it exactly? Do you think E3 was truly Master Chiefs one shot or do you think that a massive 3rd party character like him could still be revealed in the last direct?

While I am not going to say that Master Chief is impossible at this point, it would be strange not to have him at E3. We’ve never had a clearly much bigger third-party character follow the third-party character shown at E3 in a Smash or Nintendo Direct. No, Cloud doesn’t count, since
SF2 not only made Avengers Endgame level of money at the arcades but had a lot of cultural impact. See this, this, this, this and this. Ryu’s moves, Shoryuken, Hadoken and Tatsumaki Senpukyaku and Ryu himself codified the very image of a fighting game character. So the idea that Cloud is “clearly a bigger character than Ryu” doesn’t hold up.
But...wouldn't they WANT a bunch of people to see his reveal live? Announcing a solo presentation 2 weeks ahead of time is enough time for those not interested in Smash enough to forget they announced a final Sakurai presentation. Until it comes out and Smash fans whine it's not third-party of course.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Warning Issued
I found these on the Isaac Thread. What do you guys think of it exactly? Do you think E3 was truly Master Chiefs one shot or do you think that a massive 3rd party character like him could still be revealed in the last direct?
No, every character's last shot (CHief included) is this final presentation, and one guy downplaying Cloud Strife and a guy with a reputation for ******** about Chief and his fans because they aren't Isaac aren't people worth paying attention to.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Of course he could be revealed in the Direct. We have no credible leaks otherwise(the only leak we have is a Sora one, and it has no real credibility just a decent believable thought behind it and a good guessed date).

The problem is, people give too much credit to E3. Steve was never going to be at E3 as long as Min Min was delayed that long, after all. Steve even then at best had a short delay cause it would sell even better by being revealed near Minecon, gathering more attention. Basic business/promotional timing. But he was probably done or near done at least a month ago(not to say he didn't have bugs either way).

They also have revealed games/re-releases, so this could be a good time to reveal the Master Chief Collection for Switch. If not that, they'll just advertise Microsoft again.

Like, we have zero good precedent or information. At most the final characters were often niche. But that doesn't mean much. This is the second time for a Final DLC character, and there's an implication Byleth was meant for TGA but changed(likely to make sure their reveal and release were much closer to each other, something that's a good business move. Hype doesn't last long, so get individual sales as fast as possible).

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace
So if the last fighter is Master Chief, then I'll predict of what his reveal trailer will be set in. The final battle in WoL. Similiar to that cutscene from that mode.

Last edited:
Top Bottom