• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"I need a weapon" - Master Chief

Baba

Smash Journeyman
So if the last fighter is Master Chief, then I'll predict of what his reveal trailer will be set in. The final battle in WoL. Similiar to that cutscene from that mode.
I see Samus being a part of Chief's trailer. I feel the same way about Doomguy if it were him. Maybe a sequel to the Ridley trailer?

Last edited:

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
Apparently with Infinite, the plasma pistol can no longer EMP vehicles? That’s lame, taking away half its use. If they wanted newly added weapons to have that purpose, I get it, but don’t butcher old ones.
AI seems to be able to EMP player's Ghost with plasma pistol. It's most likely bug.

I think a drop pod piercing through Darkhon would be pretty neat. Sephiroth dealt with Galem. Only Darkhon is left. After the drop pod lands and hatches, Chief finishes off with Spartan Laser.

Last edited:

Baba

Smash Journeyman
If Chief got in, do you guys think they'd have him speak? Or do you think he'd be mostly silent? They make certain vocal characters totally silent in Smash for some reason so I wonder what they'd do for Chief.

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
If Chief got in, do you guys think they'd have him speak? Or do you think he'd be mostly silent? They make certain vocal characters totally silent in Smash for some reason so I wonder what they'd do for Chief.
i'm sure they would. Chief is silent but he's not snake eyes. Maybe for his taunt he can say "I need a weapon...". Plus when your character gets killed, chief makes those noises when he's dead

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
Apparently there is a certain leak floating around and its not the music leak... Im going to stay off of smash related stuff tik next week. I dont want to get spoiled by anything

Baba

Smash Journeyman
Apparently there is a certain leak floating around and its not the music leak... Im going to stay off of smash related stuff tik next week. I dont want to get spoiled by anything
I haven't seen anything other than the music thing. Where'd you see it?

Last edited:

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
Its probably nothing. I might be over thinking it a bit. Apprently nintendo of canda teased a certain person for smash and then straight up deleted the tweet. Its probably nothing though.

Last edited:

MegaAccf

Smash Cadet
NNID
MegaAccf
Switch FC
SW-7442-2784-2123
Its probably nothing. I might be over thinking it a bit. Apprently nintendo of canda teased a certain person for smash and then straight up deleted the tweet. Its probably nothing though.
Did you saw this from Clen's video? I know what leak you're exactly referring to

Baba

Smash Journeyman
So people are claiming an official Nintendo account tweeted out that it was Master Chief, but nobody has a screenshots of it? Yeah that's a load of bull lmao.

Last edited:

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
i think MC being a mii costume is most likely.
Noooooo. MC is way to iconic of a character to be promoted to only just a mii costume. Thats like making mario only a mii costume. If anything i can see sora being a mii costume more thab chief. There was a rumor saying Nintendo approached disney to add sora but they denied. So maybe the least they can do is give us a deluxe costume with a music track

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Noooooo. MC is way to iconic of a character to be promoted to only just a mii costume. Thats like making mario only a mii costume. If anything i can see sora being a mii costume more thab chief. There was a rumor saying Nintendo approached disney to add sora but they denied. So maybe the least they can do is give us a deluxe costume with a music track
Oh Really, And the same is said for Shantae?, Dante?, Dovakin?

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Okay, but still be prepared for any possible outcome even if it’s an undesirable one.

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
right now i feel sora and chief are the top contenders just because signs are pointing to these two the most. Maybe earth worm jim if sakurai is so daring to do such a thing :)

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
I’m really happy that I was able to play the Halo: Infinite Flight this weekend. I wasn’t able to play the last one because it wouldn’t load on my Xbone but this time it worked!

The game feels really good, it’s like a true return to form for the series. I think this game has a ton of potential & I don’t get why some people in this thread weren’t happy with it tbh. I’m not sure if you guys got to play but it feels really good once it’s in your hands.

My only gripes are with how hard the aiming is & some odd hit boxes. I’m glad others brought this up or else I would’ve just thought I was really bad lol. Lots of people have mentioned this, so hopefully it’ll be fixed by launch!

As for that Chief Canada leak, I don’t believe it at all. Someone would’ve screen capped it. Shpeshal Nick being right seems to be our best bet.

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
I’m really happy that I was able to play the Halo: Infinite Flight this weekend. I wasn’t able to play the last one because it wouldn’t load on my Xbone but this time it worked!

The game feels really good, it’s like a true return to form for the series. I think this game has a ton of potential & I don’t get why some people in this thread weren’t happy with it tbh. I’m not sure if you guys got to play but it feels really good once it’s in your hands.

My only gripes are with how hard the aiming is & some odd hit boxes. I’m glad others brought this up or else I would’ve just thought I was really bad lol. Lots of people have mentioned this, so hopefully it’ll be fixed by launch!

As for that Chief Canada leak, I don’t believe it at all. Someone would’ve screen capped it. Shpeshal Nick being right seems to be our best bet.
Don't forget King Zell. He hinted Halo on Nintendo around the time FP2 was settled.

MagnesD3

Smash Master

I wish I could get excited but the radar is still unusable like Halo 5 and I don't play in a team so dying randomly would kill my fun..

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
No, every character's last shot (CHief included) is this final presentation, and one guy downplaying Cloud Strife and a guy with a reputation for ******** about Chief and his fans because they aren't Isaac aren't people worth paying attention to.
How the heck was I downplaying Cloud Strife by stating he wasn't a clearly bigger character than Ryu? The context wasn't me saying that he wasn't a big icon at all, which is something I have noted in the past, just that we've never had a precedence for a clearly bigger third-party icon coming directly after the one shown at E3, since there seem to be a weird assumption by people that Cloud was by far the biggest third-party character, as seen here for example, when really Ryu is as iconic or arguably even more iconic than Cloud Strife. All I did was clarify why the idea that "Cloud is much bigger than Ryu" isn't really true. Maybe you should check the context of the post before making statements based on something I never even implied and needlessly insulting me?

Last edited:

MegaAccf

Smash Cadet
NNID
MegaAccf
Switch FC
SW-7442-2784-2123
People on speculation thread said it's fake because Nikki went private, believing she piggyjacked obvious Metroid V.
Since when? I have seen people only falsely research it than anything.

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
Just to settle the misinformation straight about Nikki: she's very good with her eShop information, but she herself said that the info she got regarding those hashes wasn't verified by her. She got the info from someone on Discord, it wasn't a datamine.

Last edited:

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Just to settle the misinformation straight about Nikki: she's very good with her eShop information, but she herself said that the info she got regarding those hashes wasn't verified by her. She got the info from someone on Discord, it wasn't a datamine.
It probably is a fake, even still why would Nintendo potentially piss off Microsoft and end their relationship by using their biggest icon as "leaker bait"

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
It probably is a fake, even still why would Nintendo potentially piss off Microsoft and end their relationship by using their biggest icon as "leaker bait"
AFAIK it's less "leaker bait" and more someone trying to pass themselves off as an insider with lies: I don't believe leakbait exists for Smash.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm still wondering what that Star Fox GP mess was. Everyone says it was leakbait but it feels more like someone 's fanfic.

That said, I don't think it's legal to use another companies properties to protect trade secrets by deception.

MegaAccf

Smash Cadet
NNID
MegaAccf
Switch FC
SW-7442-2784-2123

And scroll down bit...
Her privating her account doesn't mean it was fake. Actually, I don't even think she private her account. Not during that time if anything. I was able to grab the tweets from her following up for my posts after the 16th-24th.

I literally wouldn't be able to gave proof by them without getting these screenshots. So you know their claims makes no sense nor hold up. https://smashboards.com/threads/i-need-a-weapon-master-chief.452763/post-24451656

It STILL got Metroid V regardless. And she wasn't the first to leak it? I need to see some proof than just claim and speculation.

And no she didn't make the fake leak. That person wouldn't if you ACTUALLY check background info.

Like I said I only saw falsely research info looked upon her than anything.

I also wanted to mention one extra thing, but I wouldn't because...well I rather it be saved after the Smash reveal ;).

Can you provide proof with that claim? Especially the "discord" part. I am also concerned why would Nikki ever post that source without just passing the info off when it's obviously a fake insider? Why waste time on that? Or Nikki ever do such a thing by that mean?

Sounds like the "fake insider" in question has put Nikki in a position of posting a tweet for no reason by that means.

Even so, it got 2/3 of the things right and one remaining. So let's see how things go.

Zyliee

Smash Cadet
I leave for a week and come back with Pizza and the place is a mess.

Regardless, Thoughts on Halo Spirits? Probably has been mentioned before, but curious what you guys would put for what the battles and what the equips would do. 4* has to be Cortana for sure, anyone who argues 'Gravemind' or 'Halsey' can eat my shorts

Top Bottom