• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"I need a weapon" - Master Chief

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
So much information from everywhere. Seems like some characters are cut, then immediately are back on the table. I am just hoping for one of my "most wanted" to be in that FP5 slot.

Reminder to just:
One of the best campaign ads ever. Loved the H3 "Believe" Campaign.

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
Personally, I liked Halo 5's more. Especially the twist where all the marketing was a complete lie. Really added a new sense of drama to the game /s
Right? The Hunt The Truth podcasts were so good. But outside of that? Man, didn't line up with what I expected/wanted at all.

Gazorpazorpfield

Smash Journeyman
Man, I can't remember. I know I've heard of C. Tsubasa before, but are they the same person as King Zell?

Gazorpazorpfield

Smash Journeyman

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
Holy moly, Chief with currently legit hopes on being on Smash with a possible announcement of the MCC being on Switch....

To quote from a rival company: "I'd never thought I'd see the day".

BernkastelWitch

Smash Ace
Regardless if it's Chief in Smash, MCC on Switch, or both it's still big news there at least. Even if he doesn't get into Smash right now, this is enough to blow the lid and make it a possibility.

Gazorpazorpfield

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I'm still in the camp that they wouldn't show a predominantly western character at TGA, disappointing their eastern audience. MCC on Switch probably boosts his chances, though.

Speaking of which, remember when Phil Spencer met with Sakurai in the summer of 2018? A year and a half after, we seem to be getting Halo on Switch. Think maybe they came to a certain agreement about that? Food for thought.

Last edited:

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
See, I have been waiting to see someone come forward about faking that audio leak. People seem to no believe it, which I understand, but there hasn't really been any solid evidence as to why we should believe/disbelieve it, right? Just "that doesn't sound like her" or "yep, sounds just like her."

ranmanon

Smash Cadet
See, I have been waiting to see someone come forward about faking that audio leak. People seem to no believe it, which I understand, but there hasn't really been any solid evidence as to why we should believe/disbelieve it, right? Just "that doesn't sound like her" or "yep, sounds just like her."
The reason people say it's fake is because of the writing, specially the "that Mario guy is taunting you" line.

Grumbo

Smash Ace
Chief in Smash or MCC on Switch, I think we’re getting at least one tomorrow, and one happening will open the door for the other later down the line. So yeah I’m pretty hyped for the VGAs.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Reminder they may just be the mcc collection coming to the switch and not necessary revealing chief for smash along with it

Banjo is the biggest reason for this 2 Microsoft reps

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
Reminder they may just be the mcc collection coming to the switch and not necessary revealing chief for smash along with it

Banjo is the biggest reason for this 2 Microsoft reps
MCC on the Switch alone would be great. Just pack the Switch, meet up, and instant "LAN" party. No lugging Xboxes and TVs to get it set up.

ranmanon

Smash Cadet
Maybe they show a trailer for Master Chief Collection on Switch and when it ends, they tease Chief in Smash.
But if it's just MCC, it's still a good thing, that only makes MC a stronger contender for DLC while also giving Switch owners some Halo goodness.

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
Maybe they show a trailer for Master Chief Collection on Switch and when it ends, they tease Chief in Smash.
But if it's just MCC, it's still a good thing, that only makes MC a stronger contender for DLC while also giving Switch owners some Halo goodness.
That's my hope...

LightKnight

Smash Journeyman
I still stand by my initial theory that Master Chief is likely to be in later DLC, perhaps close to Halo Infinite's release. However, it'd be great to have him as FP5!
Another possibility is that he's not FP5 but the next DLC character after FP5 is teased which just so may happens to be Chief?!

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm all down for Master Chief. Microsoft allowed to let our favorite bear and bird duo return home. It's only fair that the favor is returned by having Microsoft's mascot join.

Last edited:

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
I'm all down for Master Chief. Microsoft allowed to let our favorite bear and bird duo return home. It's only fair that the favor is returned by having Microsoft's mascot join.
I am down with that.

"We give you Banjo/Kazooie... But you also must take Master Chief," - Phil Spencer, probably.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I am down with that.

"We give you Banjo/Kazooie... But you also must take Master Chief," - Phil Spencer, probably.
An idea I had a while back was Phil Spencer saying something like, “Now it’s time to make the ultimate Halo announcement!” Note the emphasis on “ultimate”.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
I like the idea of Chief coming in like Banjo's chaperone. You ain't going in alone, buddy...

Grumbo

Smash Ace
MCC on the Switch alone would be great. Just pack the Switch, meet up, and instant "LAN" party. No lugging Xboxes and TVs to get it set up.
Does the MCC still have all the original multiplayer modes and online? I’d love to be able to play the classic Halo 2 maps with more than just 1 or 2 people at a time

jamesster445

Smash Lord
Did we ever find out what "slipspace" was? I know it was supposedly a mode that dataminers found in Ultimate after Basnjo was added. I bring it up because Slipspace is a very important word in Halo lore.

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
Does the MCC still have all the original multiplayer modes and online? I’d love to be able to play the classic Halo 2 maps with more than just 1 or 2 people at a time
Yeah, dude. Every map from every Halo*, I believe. You can even custom search. Say you want Swat, but you don't care which game? You can click all of them, only Swat, and search for a match. It's pretty cool.

*Every Halo besides Halo 5. Also, I could be mistaken, but I believe every DLC is included as well.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Yeah, dude. Every map from every Halo*, I believe. You can even custom search. Say you want Swat, but you don't care which game? You can click all of them, only Swat, and search for a match. It's pretty cool.

*Every Halo besides Halo 5. Also, I could be mistaken, but I believe every DLC is included as well.
Almost all the multiplayer. ODST Firefight not included.

But yes. Halo 2 even has Anniversary Multiplayer with remade maps and some elements from other games not featured in 2.

ranmanon

Smash Cadet
I still stand by my initial theory that Master Chief is likely to be in later DLC, perhaps close to Halo Infinite's release. However, it'd be great to have him as FP5!
Another possibility is that he's not FP5 but the next DLC character after FP5 is teased which just so may happens to be Chief?!
I'm on the same boat that he's probably post-pass (and probably saved for E3 2020, reminder there was a lot of time between Joker's announcement and his release and there was no trailer of Hero & Banjo until E3, so I imagine that maybe it would be the same with FP5 and the next post-pass character), but there's still a possibility that MC might be FP5, I BELIEVE that he's DLC, but not probably FP5.
Still hope that MCC on Switch is a reality, or at least individual release of the Trilogy + Reach.

Grumbo

Smash Ace

Almost all the multiplayer. ODST Firefight not included.

But yes. Halo 2 even has Anniversary Multiplayer with remade maps and some elements from other games not featured in 2.
That’ll definitely be something to look forward to

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Likely post past but anything is possible

As long as the mcc on switch happens are boy becomes eligible for smash bros series
(Has to made a appearance on a Nintendo system well might techniqully be Minecraft though)

Last edited:

volbound1700

Smash Master
Dang, I just got Xbox One a year before Switch because I had over $ 100 in Gamestop cards (I got more with points that I get from work and basically got the Xbox one for $ 50). I got the MCC for it and have played it to death. I never owned an Xbox until then and I had always wanted to play Halo. Now Halo is coming to Nintendo! I should have saved my gift cards (well I use Xbox one to stream and there are other games like Elder Scrolls Online that I play).

Still the Switch is getting everything.

Also regarding the Halo Franchise, I felt that it took a hit after the Covenant War and Flood thread was completed in Halo 3. The new story just hasn't attracted the same audience and it is hard to get them involved again. The Covenant War was epic and it was always going to be difficult to replace it with something just as epic.

Here is hoping Master Chief is in.

ranmanon

Smash Cadet

Guess we'll wait for a MCC announcement next year, Chief being FP5 would be a nice way to make people get excited for the port though.

Top Bottom