• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"I need a weapon" - Master Chief

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
In terms of marketing, which is better option? Getting Chief on FP5 along with MCC Switch or let the port build up fandls and hype?

LightKnight

Smash Journeyman
In terms of marketing, which is better option? Getting Chief on FP5 along with MCC Switch or let the port build up fandls and hype?
Definitely space them out. That way you have a more reliable way of keeping the talk&hype cycle going, attracting more customers. Besides, Chief on PC is enough to keep the train going for now.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Visiting from the Geno thread.

Just going around and wishing you guys luck on the VGAs. Seems like there is a chance. It would be pretty wild if Master Chief gets into Smash Bros. Many of my friends didn't play a lot of Nintendo games, but Halo 2 helped really bridge that gap and split screen was always an incredible time. If the Arbiter was some how an alternate costume for him (a la Hero), that would be too good.

Whether it works out or not, I wish you guys the best of luck!

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
hold on there

the names are cropped how do you know its truelly zell saying this? (not editing in any way)
He did. Here's the actual screen shot of it. C. Tsubasa is King Zell.
info.png

However, he "doesn't think" they will "waste their slot." Still could see it happen. I think the VGAs announcing a big MCC for Switch wouldn't be a waste. But, I am also blinded by my "Master Chief" tinted glasses right now.

Last edited:

Grumbo

Smash Ace
hold on there

the names are cropped how do you know its truelly zell saying this? (not editing in any way)
If this is actually real I’m kinda ticked off he decided to tease it two days before the VGAs of all possible times
8847A787-C134-4F08-A677-F7E79D2A967F.jpeg

Edit: Dang it its real

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
man, then fact that Master Chief is even being taken seriously as a contender right now is something.

Also, I've been playing Reach on PC and damn it's so great to play this game again. probably one of my favorite multiplayer games of all time.

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
man, then fact that Master Chief is even being taken seriously as a contender right now is something.

Also, I've been playing Reach on PC and damn it's so great to play this game again. probably one of my favorite multiplayer games of all time.
Played a few matches on my One X earlier today. looks so good. I suck with M&KB or I would give it a shot.

Crossplay with MCC on Switch would be awesome. More players is better, right!?

RingJ5

Smash Ace
He did. Here's the actual screen shot of it. C. Tsubasa is King Zell.
View attachment 252047

However, he "doesn't think" they will "waste their slot." Still could see it happen. I think the VGAs announcing a big MCC for Switch wouldn't be a waste. But, I am also blinded by my "Master Chief" tinted glasses right now.
The “slot wasting” thing makes no sense when Microsoft are already fully confirmed on Geoff’s twitter to show two other games, Gears Tactics and the new Ori title.

Last edited:

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
I am with you on that. I don't see how it is wasting time. But, trying to see it from his point of view, maybe he sees this as a time to "pound your own chest" rather than share the stage. Personally, I see this sort of announcement(MCC on Switch + Chief in Smash) as a cool moment that would go well with a show like the VGAs(bringing all gamers together to celebrate the thing that love).

Red Dead Redeemed

Smash Journeyman
Ho boy. I'm of two minds of this.

The rational part of me that doesn't want to get too worked up over nothing says that expecting Microsoft's flagship gun wielding mascot with zero Nintendo history to get into Smash is stupid and Banjo is probably the only MS representation we'll get.

The optimist in me that sunk countless hours into Halo and still holds the franchise near and dear to his heart even after the dumb clustertruck of a plot that was Halo 5 however, would be ungodly happy if Chief ever made it in and is 100% on board. Plus Sakurai has said (and proven) that he doesn't give a fig about popularity or stupid fan-made "rules." He does what he wants and Microsoft and Nintendo are on very good terms right now. If Nintendo really wants Chief for Smash, it wold be very easy for them to secure that deal.

You know what, screw it. Sign me up as a supporter, I wanna see Master Chief finish the fight once again.

Last edited:

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
Definitely space them out. That way you have a more reliable way of keeping the talk&hype cycle going, attracting more customers. Besides, Chief on PC is enough to keep the train going for now.
I think there is still merit in announcing both at the same time. If they announce Halo Switch first, I don't think that would be enough to generate interest among Japanese gamers. Majority would most likely look puzzled. But if they announce both, Japanese gamers will start looking into Halo like how Sakurai sparked Xbox in Japan. I think both methods have pro and con.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Played a few matches on my One X earlier today. looks so good. I suck with M&KB or I would give it a shot.

Crossplay with MCC on Switch would be awesome. More players is better, right!?
I'm actually using an XBox One controller while playing the steam version lol. Actually been doing quite well despite how M&KB is generally considered better for FPS. I guess my disgusting amount of hours spent on Reach back in the day balance out whatever advantages M&KB bring?

Last edited:

ranmanon

Smash Cadet
The Smash Bros. YouTube channel just uploaded a private video, things are about to get spicy.

Last edited:

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
I'm actually using an XBox One controller while playing the steam version lol. Actually been doing quite well despite how M&KB is generally considered better for FPS. I guess my disgusting amount of hours spent on Reach back in the day balance out whatever advantages M&KB bring?
Oh, sweet. May have to do that then!

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
They'd probably want to reveal it closer to when it'll come out.
Maybe when Reach's updated Forge is out on Steam at the earliest.

~Rainbow Mika

Smash Cadet
NNID
rigobfd64
3DS FC
0361-6812-0263
Chief as FP5 to get people interested in Halo, then announce MCC and get more people to buy it, sounds plausible.

ranmanon

Smash Cadet
Chief as FP5 to get people interested in Halo, then announce MCC and get more people to buy it, sounds plausible.
Yeah, this or MCC in a future direct then announce Master Chief as DLC around E3, that's what at least I'm hoping for.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
See, I have been waiting to see someone come forward about faking that audio leak. People seem to no believe it, which I understand, but there hasn't really been any solid evidence as to why we should believe/disbelieve it, right? Just "that doesn't sound like her" or "yep, sounds just like her."
The guy who made the Gordon Freeman leak, Monsun, claims he was behind it. He said he paid some random Woman on Fiverr to read those lines.

RingJ5

Smash Ace

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace
You know, if Chief is revealed in TGA, the trailer better be take place after the Ridley trailer and a homage to Monty Oum.

Gazorpazorpfield

Smash Journeyman
Friendly reminder that Dragon Quest was revealed for Switch in a regular Nintendo Direct before Hero got into Smash:4pacman:

I'm telling you, if Halo is announced in a general presentation, keep an eye on the Japanese version of the Direct. If they show it over there, there might be a specific reason for that :yeahboi:

Last edited:

Grumbo

Smash Ace
I have some good news and some bad news

Good news is sabi is now believing the halo collection thing
https://mobile.twitter.com/New_WabiSabi/status/1204899369817821184

Bad news sabi also said not at vga but a regular old direct
As much as I dislike Sabi and dont really care what they have to say anymore...

At least someone is backing up Zell on MCC
The guy who made the Gordon Freeman leak, Monsun, claims he was behind it. He said he paid some random Woman on Fiverr to read those lines.
Its probably fake, but I wanna see the literal receipts

volbound1700

Smash Master
I am traveling for work so I may not be able to catch it or be on here but I wish you luck. I just hope we don't get a dumb character. I will take Geno, Doomguy, Master Chief, Sora, Crash Bandicoot.

KOS-MOS doesn't excite me though. Some obscure PS1 character that was in 1-2 games is not a great Smash pick. We need legends. No more Jokers/Terrys.

Grumbo

Smash Ace
I am traveling for work so I may not be able to catch it or be on here but I wish you luck. I just hope we don't get a dumb character. I will take Geno, Doomguy, Master Chief, Sora, Crash Bandicoot.

KOS-MOS doesn't excite me though. Some obscure PS1 character that was in 1-2 games is not a great Smash pick. We need legends. No more Jokers/Terrys.
I’d argue Terry is a legend is his own right, and Joker definitely deserves respect. But yeah I do agree the Kosmos would be a very weak way to end the pass (and what wouldve been the whole dlc lineup)

Gazorpazorpfield

Smash Journeyman
Joker and Terry don't deserve the shade. They aren't the biggest faces around, but they're super influential and respected within their genres. I think that's reason enough for them to be in.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Gotcha. I have searched, but haven't seen it proven/disproved. Got a source so I can check it out?
I saw it on a discord post image so I’ll post it if I find. It’s very possible he could be lying just to take credit.

Cruelcumber

Smash Cadet
I am glad that news of the Master Chief Collection heading towards the Switch is actually happening. That is something to be hyped for. Even if I myself tend to play FPS games more on PC because I prefer mouse and keyboard for aiming instead of a joystick, that's still incredible nonetheless.

I just can't believe that Chief being in Smash looks likely. It's something that you would've had middle school kids from the 2000's talk about in class. Saying, "man if only your baby Nintendo games had someone cool like Master Chief in them." Yet Chief has never looked more likely for Smash until now. Of course I'm not gonna get myself hyped up so I'm not disappointed since we still don't have official confirmation on who the fifth fighter of the Fighter's Pass is. Still, I can only pray that it will be Master Chief coming in to finish this Fighter's Pass with a bang.

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
Halo is one of my biggest childhood games and i think mastercief would make the biggest DLC fighter in smash history. I don't think nintendo would pass up on that opportunity and only bring halo to the switch. Plus if we end up getting KOS MOS instead, I don't think thats going to make people want to buy the next season pass or have that much excitement. We end up getting 117, people will freak the hell out and their interests in more DLC will skyrocket up. Its weird how this particular fighter is so unknown. nintendo must be extremely confident in FP5

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Not only am I wishing you guys all luck in Master Chief getting in but I'm putting all bets on him being FP5 tonight. He more then earns his spot in the roster. Microsoft gave us the bear and bird duo its time the favor is returned.

Good luck guys! I wish you the best in him getting in!

RingJ5

Smash Ace
Joker doesn’t deserve the shade being thrown around, especially since it’s his super-unexpected, extremely unique reveal last year that has brought us to being so incredibly hyped about #5 at the VGAs to begin with. If they went and announced a character like Hero instead like it sounds like they might have originally planned to, I doubt we’d be as excited about Chief’s chances tonight.

Before the VGAs, Joker was seen as largely impossible due to the platform his series calls home, let’s hope that a certain Spartan in a similar situation gets his due tonight.

Last edited:
Top Bottom