• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I miss Fourside.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
That was such a great stage on Melee. It had awesome music, too.

Even though it was banned as all get out, it had one of the most unique level designs in Melee. I wish they'd brought Fourside back instead of that gosh-forsaken walk-off mess they call Onett.

If anyone else thinks Fourside shoulda been in Brawl, please post your thoughts here!

...Just once, I'd like to use PK Starstorm on Fourside.

PCHU

Smash Lord
I made Fourside on stage builder, but it's not exactly proportionate....
I miss it as well.
I also want Fountain of Dreams.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I miss the cave in fourside.
That cave was so innovative.
AND THERE WERE ECHOES

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Fourside was one of my favorite stages. It was just well designed and enjoyable to play on.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
It just wouldn't be the same...

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
But it won't have the crane, ufo, texture, etc. that made this such a fun stage. We really needed more melee stages to return...

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
The platform on the left side that moved back and forth. I think it was attached to a crane, wasn't it?

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Kind of. Still what really made me love this stage wasn't so much the shape of it, but the look. I don't know why but the night skyline of a city seems perfect for a fight, and the music really fit the mood well. You can't re-create the background or buildings, only things that are similar in size.

I'm not trying to put down your version or anything, its just that the original stages can't really be fully captured by the stage builder.

Neon Ness

Kind of. Still what really made me love this stage wasn't so much the shape of it, but the look. I don't know why but the night skyline of a city seems perfect for a fight, and the music really fit the mood well. You can't re-create the background or buildings, only things that are similar in size.

I'm not trying to put down your version or anything, its just that the original stages can't really be fully captured by the stage builder.
Quoted for absolute truth. A Stage Builder recreation of Fourside would be OK, but nothing beats KOing opponents between skyscrapers, or running like a madman on top of the UFO. And the music, man. Don't even get me started on the epic background music...

I might have to go play Melee soon. I know Fourside's not coming back in any future Smash... :urg:

Phelix08

Smash Apprentice
I was just about to say the exact thing Glyph was gonna say. Then he said it. So I was gonna say the same thing Neon Ness was going to say. But then he said it. So now I'm stuck with some lame useless post that doesn't really have any content. =\

But ya seriously, Fourside was the best level ever.

Candide

Smash Apprentice
I think they were like, "Hey, take a giant void, pepper in some incoherent platforms, paste in some indistinguishable recycled background art, and slap on an Earthbound name... New Pork City! Yes! That'll surpass 4Side 4 sures!"

Pigs. Remind me to call Tokyo the City of New Pork one of these days.

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
Fourside was the only Earthbound level I liked... one of my favorite levels in smash

_water

Smash Rookie
Yes, Fourside, and even Onett, are much more enjoyable than New Pork City.

Imperial Dark

Smash Cadet
A pretty fun stage... Then again, most of Melee's stages were extremely fun. Pokefloats, Peach's Castle, that turtle one, Brinstar, and Fountain of Dreams (music that compares with the Orcaina of Time Medley).

Neon Ness

I liked new pork. Nloty as much as fourside... but I've never thought of fourside (as awesome as it is) as the best level ever.
"Nloty". :chuckle:

But yeah, I do like New Pork City. Just, not online. Last time I played there with my friends there was awful lag. According to them, that's the reason I pulled off so many Fire Jump Punches with Luigi. :ohwell:

Neon Ness

I hope Fourside's music appears in SSB4! ...Even though I know it's not.

Urfbownd64

Smash Cadet
How I miss Fourside becuase I love it
"When life is full of sunshine and dew
or when storms come crashing into you.
Remember this one thing I know
through smiles and tears love will grow"
"The two who shared smiles and tears are now very far apart"

PizearkeSilverwing

Smash Rookie
I play melee all the time, so I play fourside all the time. Fourside isn't dead. You just have to play it with old characters and items. Just scoot on over to the GCN and pop SSBM in the drive, and press the power button.

meresilence0

Smash Apprentice
I really miss that stage too. I play melee just for that on occasion. And fourside really made the game for me back when I was 11 and still played with items on. I got so much joy out of planting motion sensor bombs all over the walls and hitting my friends into them. Even today it's still frickin' hilarious. I miss that stage so much.

ZonictheHedgehog

Smash Cadet
Oh, yeah, planting motion sensors...

I agree that it was the mood of fighting on skyscrapers with a city skyline at night in the background and the great music that truly created a fine stage. Come to think of it, I liked Saffron City N64 for one of those reasons: fighting atop skyscrapers. I found that Stage Builder's Ice blocks can replace windows in builings pretty well. I recreated Saffron City in the Mountains and Sky background using Ice blocks for windows, just layering normal 1x1 blocks in a sheet, then a sheet of 1x1 Ice blocks for windows, then another sheet of normal blocks, then windows, etc. It works pretty well that way.

But a night skyline... I do miss that.

Top Bottom