• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I made a combo video I guess.

•Col•

Smash Champion
O rly?

*watches*

Comments later.

EDIT: Lol, my favorite part was when you grabbed Link's bomb and killed him with it.

And wtf? @ 2:28 against that Samus. o_O

And that one part gave me an idea. How much hitstun do Ness and Lucas have when they're grab release? Can Ike infinitely grab, pummel, and ground release them near an edge? o-o

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Truly the only combo video where I watched the whole thing and never did the thought to turn it off pop into my head.

MBreeto

Smash Ace
nice, i feel bad for that peach at that one part on delfino. ouch XD

metroid1117

Smash Master
A little too much special effects in the beginning for my taste, but the gameplay was AMAZING. Jab -> BAir... must... master... It was truly a great video. This made my day.

I laughed hard at the references for Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Series.

In your opinion, is jab -> kick -> walk-off DAir more reliable than jab -> DTilt, or does it depend on how accustomed your opponent is to fighting you?

Guilhe

Smash Ace
Wow Ryko, nice combo video. I liked how you used voice recordings to complement the action on-screen (But penguins can’t fly! What the heck? No way!), you should exploit that even more in your next combo video. I liked the music selection and, of course, your combos. Nice jab sequence variations, and a lot of unpredictability in your approaches and retreats (pivot grab). This is my current favorite combo video, I expect much more beautiful combos from your Ike in 2009.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
Nice vid :chuckle:

4:12 - 4:14 = Wavedash??

o_O

EDIT: The parth with link's bomb was epic. The ship tipped as you walked to the other side. lol

akkon888

Smash Journeyman
Favorite was the Snake beating around 2:30. He kept getting beat up by his own bombs due to your leet mind games. Nice job.

Ninja

Smash Journeyman
i'm just wondering what happened to Ike's popularity. when this game first came out and i would look for vids, everybody played with Ike now u see the same chars used to tournaments.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
i'm just wondering what happened to Ike's popularity. when this game first came out and i would look for vids, everybody played with Ike now u see the same chars used to tournaments.
I suppose it's just your standard case of people realizing that Meta Knight and Snake are quite a bit better than Ike. Once most people realize that, and they want to win, they'll switch over.

Still, it's better to play a lesser-used character, if only due to the slight edge it gives you match-up inexperiencewise.

Ta-kun the Pyro

Smash Cadet

Right when I though my Ike got decent, Ryko had to make another video.

You're one crazy Ike player.

metroid1117

Smash Master
So Marths Can DS out of Shield, if the shield the jab?

Anyways, awesome video. The Yugioh Abridged references were Win.
Yes; DS's invincibility frames start the frame you activate the move and end when the hitbox comes out.

So... will there be a download link coming up any time soon?

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
Fantastic video.

I loved the Eruption kill at 1:50, or somewhere around there. Watching this reminded me how much more I have to go with Ike, lol.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Also, do you intend on posting this at AiB? I was going to do it, but I'd rather that you do it since it is your video, after all.

Top Bottom