• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I made a bet with my cousin that in one year, I could get 999 KOs in cruel brawl

lmr08

Smash Rookie
999 kills is going to be very hard to get, i've tried cruel a few times but only managed to get 1 kill!!
Sorry wasnt much help but i know a few people who use the under the platform trick to great effect.

Epsiloh

Smash Rookie
ha tough bet i could fluke it my highest was 212 Using zerosuits b up underneath the stage convincing them to suicide but its too boring i suggest you become one hell of a good player. Goodluck man btw how many kills can you do so far?

Dark Paladin X

Smash Journeyman
Man, I hope you can prove one of those "EGM unlock completely hidden third party characters via Cruel Brawl" (the Melee Sonic and Tails rumor, remember) claims while doing so (particularly the most requested ones like Master Chief, Megaman, Ryu, Jak, etc.)

SothE700k

Smash Lord
You want some advice on how to win this bet?
First, get on your knees and pray.
Second, you better hack the living s*** out of the game.

SoulSamurai

Smash Rookie
The way I got my cruel brawl record was by using Sonic and going under the stage and spamming his homing attack.

Hanai

Smash Cadet
I doubt that your cosin will remember the bet in a year but save up 50 dollars and try and do cruel brawl anyway.

I'll impress your pals as well

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
You'd save time by using the time you'd play in cruel brawl to go out and mow a lawn or two.

ShadowBlitz

Smash Apprentice
Lol what a nice bet. I'm guessing you have to get 999 with all characters combined? I suck at Cruel Brawl so I've only got a few tips of advice. Try floating under the stage with Jigglypuff, I've never tried this but I think it works pretty well. One strategy that worked like a magic charm for me is to hang on the edge with Ike, let go and go back, then Up B back onto the edge, this'll provoke the alloys to come after you and they fall to doom.

Shök

Smash Champion
Yikes

Good luck...

but its doubtful you'll reach it.

oh well

just see how far u can go.

i think i went to 4 once... LOL

So im afreaid i cant give u advice

-NEOLINK-

Smash Journeyman
You could use Ocarina and stuff to become giga bowser and make him more powerful, since the only way you'd die as him is to suicide. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26w8-vkusFI example with 4x power
"Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's First Law of Equivalent Exchange"

Nosyt

Smash Rookie
If there's no time limit on the bet then just tell him you're working on it. In a few years it'll just become a running joke.

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
ha tough bet i could fluke it my highest was 212 Using zerosuits b up underneath the stage convincing them to suicide but its too boring i suggest you become one hell of a good player. Goodluck man btw how many kills can you do so far?
Your highest is not 212. Zamus' B-Up is a terrible strategy. Just stop.

On topic, I believe that you said that the bet was that in a year, you could have 999 KO's? Then allow me to present a step-by-step itinerary for winning this bet:

1. Mess around for a year. Personally, I prefer the air to mess around while eating lots of cake. Delicious, delicious cake.

2. Explain to your cousin the Many Worlds Theory, where literally ****ing EVERYTHING is happening in some version of this world, somewhere. Meaning in some world, your left arm just turned into a snake while reading this sentence. Meaning in a bunch of these worlds, you got 999 kills in Cruel Brawl.

Meaning you can get 999 kills in Cruel Brawl, it's just luck of the draw which world you're in. Your world, you didn't get 999 kills, but the bet isn't whether or not you did, it's whether or not you could. Savvy?

and if that doesn't work...

3. Explain to your cousin the Quantum Entanglement Theory, where the existence of an object is entirely dependent on a counterpart, which is spatially separate, yet the same object. Since they are the same object, just in two different places on a quantum level, whatever happens to one, happens to the other. (Simplified)

We can continue up our fun little logic tree to deduce that, since your copy of Brawl and the copy of Brawl in the Many Worlds that has 999 kills are actually the same object in two different spatial areas, whatever happens in one, happens to the other. So although you have not actively achieved 999 kills in Cruel Brawl, there are 999 kills ON Cruel Brawl, he just isn't experiencing a high enough level of concsiousness to perceive it. Same idea with you: you and your Many Worlds counterpart are the same object. So you've actually gotten 999 kills already on Cruel Brawl, using Ridley, playing with your feet. But your puny little human mind won't let you experience the realm of eternal possibility.

Then, while his head is spinning trying to understand all the science flying around, poke him in the eyes, kick him in the shins, grab his money and run like hell.

Slithe

Smash Apprentice

On topic, I believe that you said that the bet was that in a year, you could have 999 KO's? Then allow me to present a step-by-step itinerary for winning this bet:

1. Mess around for a year. Personally, I prefer the air to mess around while eating lots of cake. Delicious, delicious cake.

2. Explain to your cousin the Many Worlds Theory, where literally ****ing EVERYTHING is happening in some version of this world, somewhere. Meaning in some world, your left arm just turned into a snake while reading this sentence. Meaning in a bunch of these worlds, you got 999 kills in Cruel Brawl.

Meaning you can get 999 kills in Cruel Brawl, it's just luck of the draw which world you're in. Your world, you didn't get 999 kills, but the bet isn't whether or not you did, it's whether or not you could. Savvy?

3. Explain to your cousin the Quantum Entanglement Theory, where the existence of an object is entirely dependent on a counterpart, which is spatially separate, yet the same object. Since they are the same object, just in two different places on a quantum level, whatever happens to one, happens to the other. (Simplified)

We can continue up our fun little logic tree to deduce that, since your copy of Brawl and the copy of Brawl in the Many Worlds that has 999 kills are actually the same object in two different spatial areas, whatever happens in one, happens to the other. So although you have not actively achieved 999 kills in Cruel Brawl, there are 999 kills ON Cruel Brawl, he just isn't experiencing a high enough level of concsiousness to perceive it. Same idea with you: you and your Many Worlds counterpart are the same object. So you've actually gotten 999 kills already on Cruel Brawl, using Ridley, playing with your feet. But your puny little human mind won't let you experience the realm of eternal possibility.

Then, while his head is spinning trying to understand all the science flying around, poke him in the eyes, kick him in the shins, grab his money and run like hell.
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

LOLOL! That's probably one of the bets responses you could have to a question like that. I would post this whole thing as my sig, but it's too long. Is it possible to fit it all though?

Slithe

Smash Apprentice

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

LOLOL! That's probably one of the best responses you could have to a question like that. I would post this whole thing as my sig, but it's too long. Is it possible to fit it all though?

Duality

Smash Journeyman
Hhaha your best bet is to hope to god he forgets.

Or learn to spike like a maniac

SothE700k

Smash Lord

Uffe

Smash Hero
Jigglypuff might be your best choice, but if that's the case you're better off using Kirby. I used Wolf to get my 10 KO's on the alloys. I'd go to the right of the edge, drop off to the side and up + B back to the edge. It worked, but it got tiring. The enemies will eventually drop off and I've never seen any of them grab the edge, so you might be safe. This bet is probably the worst bet you've ever done. And if there is a load of money involved, you'd better live up to it.

EDIT: I've got an idea if it hasn't already been mentioned but it requires an SD card and the Wii version of Twilight Princess. :laugh: Apparenlty if you get Ocarina, the Homebrew Channel for your Wii which is required through hacking, you can put in a cheat to play as Giga Bowser. A character who gets hurt but doesn't flinch. If you can do this in time, then you've already won the bet. :laugh:

phosphorus

Smash Cadet
I had a head ache with pictures an idea. I saw a video on youtube where an attemted Bowsercide went wrong, where the person Bowser was holding was knocked out of Bowser's grip. AFAIK, the game doesn't kill Bowser until whoever he was holding hits the blast line (I think he still has to be holding them). So if you could Bowsercide an alloy, but have it knocked out of your grip, it might work. I'm not sure it they can hit hit you out if it on their way down, though. it seems like the only way to me.

That, or do what pure-awesome suggested. Or hope he just forgets.

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
you could hack it so Giga Bowser gets into Cruel Brawl, or Warioman maybe, and just destroy the crap out of them, and it'll still record for Wario or Bowser if I'm right.

Uffe

Smash Hero
you could hack it so Giga Bowser gets into Cruel Brawl, or Warioman maybe, and just destroy the crap out of them, and it'll still record for Wario or Bowser if I'm right.
Actually you can choose any character and it'll automatically set you to whichever Final Smash you chose in the hack. I heard that in order for four Giga Bowser's to be played on in Basic Brawl, the four players have to use that hack otherwise everyone else will see the hacked player as a regular character.

tom2bomb

Smash Cadet
Actually you can choose any character and it'll automatically set you to whichever Final Smash you chose in the hack. I heard that in order for four Giga Bowser's to be played on in Basic Brawl, the four players have to use that hack otherwise everyone else will see the hacked player as a regular character.
Do what he/she says

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Just pretend that you never made the bet, deny EVERYTHING! That or just get the homebrow channel and make DK so large you can only see his foot. VB=Win.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
It total or with someone?
If with someone, give it up.
Seriously theres no way man.
My advice would be to give up that bet.

Finding Waldo

Smash Apprentice

It seems this problem is solved.

All I can say is, he had better not also understand the Quantum Entanglement Theory, because if he can contradict you with his own knowledge of the matter, than you are a sitting duck.

I doubt that anyone can experience eternal possibility.

All we can do is dream of it.

MRTW113

Smash Journeyman
Its one character, I might be screwed, but I have plenty of time.
Uhh...you'd better have a LOT of time. Takes 10 minutes for 100 KOs if you're really good, or about 6 KOs every 30 seconds...if your hands survive it, you'll have to have to play for over an hour and a half at the least for 999 KOs...and that's with incredible luck...

MRTW113

Smash Journeyman
Or hack up the game with homebrew (BIG DK) and use your brother's 50 bucks to buy another. My TOTAL is 417 and that's with some really good records.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710

You made my day year.

RedPeppers

Smash Ace

Wow that was Epic Win man! You win 10 Internets!

geedo

Smash Rookie
well lets look at this problem from a few points of view, maybe something will come

Optimist: You do your best, because that's the best anyone could ask for! I'm sure your cousin will declare the bet null and void!

Pessimist: Impossible. Don't waste your time.

Rationalist: (see pessimist)

Hmmm, doesn't seem like you have much luck, though, there is another option

Maffiaist: There will be some arrangements in this bet with your cousin, we're gonna make him an offer he can't refuse.

.Marik

is a social misfit
LOL @ Epic win comments. xD

And no, you cannot get 999KO's in Cruel Brawl. Unless you hack it. Other than that, it's impossible. Say goodbye to your moneyz..

Hopefully, by then, he would have forgotten. =P

Top Bottom