• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I kind of don't want to play this game now.

ICANTCOUNT123456

Smash Journeyman
I just got my *** beat by a VERY good player. I feel so ashamed, i only won ONCE, ONCE out of like twenty matches, and I was pit, he was Mario... but anyway, he was Olimar and beat me with sometimes 1 stock with about 50% left, of 2 stocks with high %, he could Snakedash, something that I have trouble with, he could chaingrab with D3. No matter who I played as (even snake, my best, or so I thought) I just couldn't win. I could just about beat anyone before that, but he came in, and dropped my ego by like 20 million. :(

-Ran

Smash Master
I had Lee [The guy who won the national Gamestop Tournament] over at my house on Saturday. He dominated me. We're talking about 50 matches, 50 loses. I want to play Smash even more than ever. Why? Because now I know dramatic levels of skill still exist.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
wow you suck, the best way to improve is play ppl like that, not quit bcuz you can't compete with them

TKD+ITA+Mar=

Smash Ace
^ Playing with people much better than you is an excellent way to train, luckily this videogames, when I train for Tae Kwon Do it can be much more painful.

xOPTIMUSxChadx

Smash Cadet
When ever I lose it just makes me what to go that much more. The thing about online gaming is there will always be someone who 100 times better than you. Thats why i don't really play online. I look at it this way I love Super Smash but I have a girl friend, a job and a life so i can't just sit there and play all day.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I just got my *** beat by a VERY good player. I feel so ashamed, i only won ONCE, ONCE out of like twenty matches, and I was pit, he was Mario... but anyway, he was Olimar and beat me with sometimes 1 stock with about 50% left, of 2 stocks with high %, he could Snakedash, something that I have trouble with, he could chaingrab with D3. No matter who I played as (even snake, my best, or so I thought) I just couldn't win. I could just about beat anyone before that, but he came in, and dropped my ego by like 20 million. :(
Don't kill yourself over it; remember, it's a game.

Today I just got my butt kicked 15+ times by a Zelda, & I was Zelda too.

Realizing how inferior I was, I was motivated to get better.

Just practice more, maybe you'll beat him some day. :D

crosser43

Smash Journeyman
No one likes *******.
I do.

At first when i read the title without the post I thought, another guy who thinks brawl isn't tech enough, but i found something even worse. Someone who got beat, and not even beat bad, and wants to quit. This should inspire you to freaking get better. You played a VERY good player. If u practiced, got better and beat this player consistently, how great would that feel. I'll tell you, much better than getting flamed by people on the internet calling you a loser. Snakedash, wtf that isn't even that hard. Go read some guides, watch some vids, and practice, you can master it in a day, no more. You only got beat by 2 stocks the most? People played good but get 4 stocked, but that doesn't mean to stop. Just practice, get better and win proudly, or get out of smash, and go do drugs and live a depressing life.

Rigor Mortis

Smash Journeyman
Well maybe your moves are locked inside you...maybe you can....WTF why is captain falcon here?! Falcon: "FALCON PUNCH!" *rigor mortis dies* Falcon: ICANTCOUNT maybe you can Show Me YOUR MOVES!

...obviosly falcon petted me because if he really falcon punched me earth would of exploded...

RolandBeoulve

Smash Apprentice
Not saying much that hasn't already been said, but I love getting my *** handed to me it just shows that theres that much more of a hill to climb. This mentality can go for anything in life, I love learning and expanding my abilities. Check out some threads on snakedashing or watch some videos and if your still having problems PM me, I'm no expert but I can do it well enough to explain.

Don't lose hope and keep trying, your humility should always grow with your strength.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Don't despair. Yes, it does suck especially if you normally do exceptionally well in other situations like "anyone" fights online. The person you played probably has more experience then you and could probably tell you what you're doing wrong. I'm not going to pretend I'm a professional but I think I can give three pieces of advice:

1. When you play a match, are you watching yourself or your opponent? You should be watching your opponent and reacting to what they do instead of attacking them in a blind fury. I've noticed that this is biggest mistake that a lot of players make and they often have problems accidently jumping or walking into powerful (but very easy to dodge) attacks like Dedede's, Ike's, and Snake's Fsmash.

2. Do you play all your characters the exact same way and use the same strategies? If so, become more familar with the characters that you main and learn what each attack does and when the best times to use them are. Learn combos for your characters but be willing to try something new at moments notice.

3. Work on your spacing and dodging. Be aware of the range of your attacks and the range of your opponents'.

Still, it's really a matter of not giving up and believing that you are the worst player out there. Trust me, there are definately players that are a lot worse then you so be proud of your accomplishment.

gnuf

Smash Apprentice
the guy you battled and loss to...

his power level must have been over 9000!

MetalMario75

Smash Rookie
Don't give up yet. Just keep fighting and practicing and eventually you could become as good as he is.

dj_pwn1423

Smash Journeyman
this is what separates the scrubs from the men.

don't give up or you'll end up being a scrub at life!

meh just try to read guides and watch vids, go to any tourneys close by. you'll get better quickly.

chubas

Smash Apprentice
Imagine if all people were born being good at brawl. That would be just boring.
Be proud, not everybody can have the privilege to have their arse kicked by someone good. At the end, that helps you improve.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
yea well if you came 2 NYC you would quit NINTENDO all together :pikachu:

Crystallion

Smash Ace
You'll never win if you quit, you know? By not doing anything, I guarantee you you will not get better at the game.

SiegKnight

Smash Journeyman
could be anyone. there are many levels of skill and not everyone is tracked under a ranking list in every fighting game. the guy could just be anyone competetive and this guy could just not be very good.

Kriegsseele

Smash Apprentice
Stop whining and practice more.

And yup, it'd be interesting to know who that person was.
Maybe we should ask for Videos of the guy who got his butt wiped first to see how good he is - if he's not too competitive, it's useless to know who pwnd him.

Naybewon

Smash Ace
My brother's like that. I'm one of the better players amongst the usual and mostly even random people I play against...but when I play against him I have a 1/20 chance of winning.

Don't lose hope! Keep practicing and if he'll fight you again, keep playing against him until your chances of winning are 5/20. That will mark significant improvement. Just don't get a mind-block about it. We have to be open to losing. Which...I hate :< It's a tough thing to swallow.

Oh Snap

Smash Ace
NNID
iSwallow
Like everyone else said: losing should make you want to play more.
I remember once I was playing on Wifi, and this Pikachu kept spamming downB. God, it was so annoying, but I found a way to counter his downB. I main Zelda, and guess what...my neutralB can reflect his downB. Since then he didn't use Thunder as much.

Organous

Smash Apprentice
I can sympathize. I get frustrated when I can't put out a win. Ironically, the last time that happened I did something that actually made me better without meaning to. He was playing Wolf a lot, so I said we should make it official. I'd go down every character in list fashion so we'd know he's beaten them all. Turns out that my power players against his Wolf are Samus and Diddy Kong. Who knew? I don't even like Diddy.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
There is always gonna be someone better then you.

BEES

Smash Lord
^ Playing with people much better than you is an excellent way to train, luckily this videogames, when I train for Tae Kwon Do it can be much more painful.
Playing with people much better than you isn't a good way to learn. You'll never get any openings to try new things on. It's better to have a sparring partner who's relatively evenly matched, so that you constantly try to 1-up each other.

SiegKnight

Smash Journeyman
Playing with people much better than you isn't a good way to learn. You'll never get any openings to try new things on. It's better to have a sparring partner who's relatively evenly matched, so that you constantly try to 1-up each other.
Playing people better than you in a fighter is always a help even if it kind of kills your offense and scares you into not attacking sometimes. You're best off using crappy cpu's or training mode to get very confident with a character, or say, using someone of equal or lower level for it.

Once you have almost all the basics down, figure out an attack plan, and do your best vs the best players you can find, pretty much. I agree its not good to go jumping into people far above you though as they just give you an awful habit of messing up your attack abilities and making you too careful against everything, and you'll just be dominated anyway...

Zema

Smash Journeyman
*slaps*

Whoops knocked your head off.

Anywho, STOP BEING A WEAKLING.

Go out there and pick your main character, train a few hours, come back and then pwn him. Its what I did in Melee :D.

Top Bottom