• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I Killed Mufasa 2: Re-Uploaded on YouTube, DON IKM2 SIGS, first post

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
there are too many falcon combo vids to even count.
and SOOO many of them are good, yet they aren't entertaining due to how generic and common they are.

so the fact that i just watched a falcon combo video and was really into it the whole time, is pretty good.
GREAT VID

JFox

Smash Hero
Theres something about the clip at 6:08 that STILL captivates me. Its like the opponent DI'd well, and did everything right, but you were still one step ahead every time. Its a subtle clip, but just watch it a few times and just marvel at how good Scar's ability to cover/predict DI is.

Scar

#HarveyDent
yeah, but it should be noted that less matches have been posted for the same reason that IKM2 took so long to produce; the reason being that my computer totally died so i really didnt record anything

new scar vids courtesy of pakman on crack (http://www.youtube.com/user/PakmanOnCrack) include me vs eggm and HBK at a stacked tourney run by sensei

but yeah from now on i guess i'll do my same old thing, record and post the next day

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
So i'v watched this combo video like 10 times already and initially had a "problem" with the music, but now i'v grown to accept it, I was blinded by the threat of comercial music to truely understand the beauty of the song choice.

so in IKM the music had heavy metal music that was both very American and bad*ss (basically the same thing) and the combo's Scar did were insane SHFFL's that are very hard to do for one and another in a match. The video and music complemented the agressive gameplay completely without flaw.

Along comes IKM:II and the opening song is "let is Kyick", this doesn't follow the same "flow" as IKM where the music is agressive, and to most viewers this seems foreign and of a lower quality compared to the already epic IKM. However, if you look at the gameplay of IKM:II in the beginning you can notice that the combo's that Scar pull off are completely different from ANY Falcon player, mainly focusing on mindgames and again foreign combo's. Now if you compare this to the music, the music sounds modern, almost futuristic like how Scar is showing another side to Falcon's metagame and revolutionizing Falcon's metagame, rather than the typical Uair->Uair-> Knee->Knee combo's you see in many video's. The second Metallica song is a sort of a homecoming song where Scar pulls off combo's that we all know and love.

So for all that are "displeased" with the Song choice in IKM:II think about what I stated.

Scar either has made a truely Genius and thematic combo video, or maybe i'm putting pieces together that Scar didn't recognize.

Either way that's my say about the music.

JFox

Smash Hero
So i'v watched this combo video like 10 times already and initially had a "problem" with the music, but now i'v grown to accept it, I was blinded by the threat of comercial music to truely understand the beauty of the song choice.

so in IKM the music had heavy metal music that was both very American and bad*ss (basically the same thing) and the combo's Scar did were insane SHFFL's that are very hard to do for one and another in a match. The video and music complemented the agressive gameplay completely without flaw.

Along comes IKM:II and the opening song is "let is Kyick", this doesn't follow the same "flow" as IKM where the music is agressive, and to most viewers this seems foreign and of a lower quality compared to the already epic IKM. However, if you look at the gameplay of IKM:II in the beginning you can notice that the combo's that Scar pull off are completely different from ANY Falcon player, mainly focusing on mindgames and again foreign combo's. Now if you compare this to the music, the music sounds modern, almost futuristic like how Scar is showing another side to Falcon's metagame and revolutionizing Falcon's metagame, rather than the typical Uair->Uair-> Knee->Knee combo's you see in many video's. The second Metallica song is a sort of a homecoming song where Scar pulls off combo's that we all know and love.

So for all that are "displeased" with the Song choice in IKM:II think about what I stated.

Scar either has made a truely Genius and thematic combo video, or maybe i'm putting pieces together that Scar didn't recognize.

Either way that's my say about the music.
This post is proof that if you try hard enough, you can find little cryptic hidden meanings in anything, even when they aren't really there to begin with. In other words, dude he just chose to songs he like and thought other would like, and than u looked into the music and tried to find as many similarities as possible betweent the songs and the music.

BTW, nothing about the second half of that video (enter sandman part) was "combos we have all come to know and love. 80% of those combos were totally original stuff, with a lot of it people have never even pulled off before, let alone seen in a combo vid.

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
Idunno I felt that the combo's in the second half of the combo video were regular Scar **** combo's, like the usual Nair/Uair SHFFLs that juggle the opponent, Dair and throws being tech-chases and a knee at the end of every combo.

obviously I was high when I recognized this lol

Christopher Rodriguez

The illest Project M Bowser
u and ur brother ... need to come to me and scars tourney
Not to be off topic here but yeah I know :p I think I might have to try extra hard for a ride this time though. Easton is so remote D:

On topic: Both final countdown and enter sandman fit well, I love both versions.

Alukard

Smash Hero
Not to be off topic here but yeah I know :p I think I might have to try extra hard for a ride this time though. Easton is so remote D:

On topic: Both final countdown and enter sandman fit well, I love both versions.
no juans ... do IT!!!

also get ur crew to show up too =]

START searching for the ride now son

Hax

Smash Champion
love this guy right hurr.

THERE ARE SIGS!?!? make me a sig

DCScribZ

Smash Apprentice
There's a harder version of the "Final Countdown" covered by Norther that's the basically same length as the original by Europe; but the video is dope regardless, just thought I should mention it. <3 Scar

BlackPanther

Smash Ace
Wow definitely the hottest vid out there. My only complaint were the falcon kicks but it went with the song so it's not like it was an issue at all. A lot of original **** that I've never seen in a falcon video that made me go, "Oooooo!" and, "Wtf!" so I was thoroughly entertained. Good stuff man and I hope to play you eventually.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
change my name to simba. i will challenge him!

but i need timon and pumba training.

DanteFox

Smash Champion
9/10

Good stuff Scar. I gotta admit you really know how to hype up, deliver on, and market a combo video. You even made sigs! Maybe I'll wear one around Pacwest.... MAYBE.

edit: wow! It even links to this thread if you click on it! :O

Top Bottom