• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

i just worked 17.34 hours!!!

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
i just wanted the community to know, that i just worked 17.34 hours at wendy's. i woke up at 6:30 in the morning, got to work at 7:40, to get some free breakfast, then i clocked in at 8 am and clocked out at 1:34 am the next day. Wendy's is hardcore. Being a manager at wendy's is even more hardcore.

-hiro

SLyNKee

Smash Journeyman
Ive worked 10am til 6am several times when I would work a double at my resturaunt then stay to bartend til 6 am on the club nights. But Ive never made a post about that. And I assure you dealing with 500+ Jamacians during a club is way more hardcore then wendys.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I just played wow for 17+ hours....

no joke

edit: i'm still playing btw

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Hell yah I'm down for a "whos worked the most hours" pissing contest thread.

I worked 14 hours a day 7 days a week for a whole month at EA.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Ive worked 10am til 6am several times when I would work a double at my resturaunt then stay to bartend til 6 am on the club nights. But Ive never made a post about that. And I assure you dealing with 500+ Jamacians during a club is way more hardcore then wendys.
lol, another post where slynkee has a negative type comment back. what does this kid have against me?

to exarch - well, when i clocked out it said 17.34, so maybe it wasn't that time. i prob got home at that time.

to sheer- yeah, im aware of all your EA game testing hours. CRAZY OVERTIME!!!!!

-hiro

Zoro

Smash Champion
I dont have a job and i when i did i would go crazy just working 4 hours
i hate work
Im going to win the lottery thats my plan

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I dont have a job and i when i did i would go crazy just working 4 hours
i hate work
Im going to win the lottery thats my plan
i was born before you , so technically you stole my plan! i should sue you and get rich that way so i dont have to work anymore

h1roshi

Smash Hero
*facepalm*
17h 34m =/= 17.34 hours
17h 34m = 17.566 hours
17h 56m = 17.933 hours

1 min = .016666 hours
60 min = 1 hour

L2Math prz
nooooo, what i am saying is, i probably only worked 17 hours and 20 mins, which would be roughly 17.333333...hours. i am NOT saying that i worked 17 hours and 34 minutes. i am saying i worked 17.33/34 hours. so i dont know why you keep saying .56.

-hiro

don't go around trying to facepalm me.

vZakat

Half Genie
Exarch makes me happy with his smartness. Although he could mean 17.34 as 17 hour 20 minutes and 24 seconds. .34 being 34/100 of an hour.

Edit@hiroshi - Exarch misunderstood you because you said you got off at 1:34 which is the exact number of the decimal, making it sound like you thought there was no difference in the two. so, yeah...

Edit 2 - After reading your post you said you started at 8am and got off at 1:34am, so exarch's right, 17.5666.

SLyNKee

Smash Journeyman
lol, another post where slynkee has a negative type comment back. what does this kid have against me?
First of all, dont call me "kid", son.

Second of all, Exarch's post was way megative post. Im sure several others have realized that you mention wendys, or being a manager like ever time you get a chance, and this post just further goes to prove that. When in actuality working 17 hours at a burge joint is not that impressive.

sorry -hugs- :(

Linguini

Smash Master

Second of all, Exarch's post was way megative post. Im sure several others have realized that you mention wendys, or being a manager like ever time you get a chance, and this post just further goes to prove that. When in actuality working 17 hours at a burge joint is not that impressive.

hey kid, I like your style.

Mr H is MARIO

Smash Journeyman
Yeah man i've worked doubles that were as long or **** close to 17 hours, and i sure as hell didnt make a post about it.

Makes a excellent John though, i think i'll copy.

EDIT:
LawlWoW, i quit that game when i finished my s3.

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
You worked 17 hours and you made 17 dollars.

Yeah, bein a manager @ Wendy's is hardcore.

Also, when I pour concrete at work I have to be up @ 12 so I can be to work by 1am and 9 out of 10 times I won't be home til early morning the next day.

So yeah I basically work 40 hours in 2 days some weeks.

But I make 20 bucks an hour so **** it.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
hiroshi did u post this as an ahead of time john for the gigs?

your johns are fvcking brilliant rofl
no

Exarch makes me happy with his smartness. Although he could mean 17.34 as 17 hour 20 minutes and 24 seconds. .34 being 34/100 of an hour.

Edit@hiroshi - Exarch misunderstood you because you said you got off at 1:34 which is the exact number of the decimal, making it sound like you thought there was no difference in the two. so, yeah...

Edit 2 - After reading your post you said you started at 8am and got off at 1:34am, so exarch's right, 17.5666.
exarch is right by going off what i said. i wrote it down wrong. i was confused. but i elaborated in my other post. so i negate the facepalm.

i hate math
it's easy.

Second of all, Exarch's post was way megative post. I'm sure several others have realized that you mention wendys, or being a manager like ever time you get a chance, and this post just further goes to prove that. When in actuality working 17 hours at a burger joint is not that impressive.

dont worry about the "kid" statement. i'm not calling you a kid, just a generilation word im using to represent a person. so no crying about that. im not sure what you meant by "megative". unless you meant negative. in that case, he's just messing. and i can assure you that this was in no way intended to further promote the fact that i work at wendys. i just worked a long and stressful shift, so i felt like telling my community. i should have known, i would have gotten some negative feedback from my community though. so im not not really shocked. not that impressive? maybe, maybe not. the fact that i was the only manager throughout the whole 17 hours and i had to deal with 8 crew member yelling my name literally every 30 secs. having 3 people call in. having the next manager come 2 and a half hours late. having every other customer complainging and wanting refunds cuz we're too slow them, disregarding the fact that i am working as fast as physically possible on every position. and that i am working with minimal staffing. and drive thru is all fvcked up cuz cars are leaving and they are charging the wrong cars for the wrong orders. so now i have to fix all that. Wasting food left and right. everyone eanting breaks cuz they are tired. half my crew having to leave at 6 when i only get 3 more crew coming in at 6. but then 1 calling in late. and the other got into an accident the day before so she couldnt make it. and the one that did come is an old man who is useless and can only do grill. then i got to bank all the cashiers out so they can leave, but the whole line to the door is trying to order while i have to take the registers out so i can switch and then count down their drawers to see if the cash is ok for them to leave. then explaining a million times to every customer why its slow. which in turn, makes us slower. half of them asking for my name and the corporate number. then i got customer's complaing about the condition of the dining room, when there is obviously no one available to go out there and clean it. One of my crew throwing away essential paperwork i needed to close my shift. on top of that we're out of potatoes and most of our salads, so people are complaining about that. oh, and my wendy's is located in a shopping complex in front of a big movie theatre, we are the only place with a dollar menu there, so i pretty much have the whole movie theatre and shopping center in my store at one point or another. and to top it off, it was THE BUSIEST POSSIBLE LUNCH RUSH YOU COULD HAVE. i had to go right through the peak hours where the lines are up to the door and curve halfway into the dining. It's fvcking hectic. i guess thats why i posted that. cuz its what was on my mind. aight kid. fvck, i cant say that anymore. too late, my bad.

lol

that's a lot of working. i'd die if i had to go to school for that long in one day >.<
it is a lot of working. regardless if people have worked longer hours than that, it doesnt mean that thats not a lot of hours to work.

Yeah man i've worked doubles that were as long or **** close to 17 hours, and i sure as hell didnt make a post about it.

Makes a excellent John though, i think i'll copy.
so, people do a lot of similar things it doesnt mean they are all going to post about it. but maybe one of them do. its like if somebody posts how they did this and that on their bday. your not going to go in and be like "yo, i had a bday, and i did all that, but i sure as hell didnt make a post about it." see what im saying. you didnt make a post, but i did.

*facepalm*

<3

XD
dam, i cant negate this facepalm.

You worked 17 hours and you made 17 dollars.

Yeah, bein a manager @ Wendy's is hardcore.

Also, when I pour concrete at work I have to be up @ 12 so I can be to work by 1am and 9 out of 10 times I won't be home til early morning the next day.

So yeah I basically work 40 hours in 2 days some weeks.

But I make 20 bucks an hour so **** it.
nice. 5 days off, and you still get your 40 hours, AND you get $20 an hour. good stuff. oh, and i actually made $20.

-hiro

gangsta66

Smash Journeyman
i love jobs that u can work alot of hours. it just buffs up my paycheck even more. and time and a half ownes. i went 24.32 hrs overtime last week so this paycheck is gona be beast.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
i love jobs that u can work alot of hours. it just buffs up my paycheck even more. and time and a half ownes. i went 24.32 hrs overtime last week so this paycheck is gona be beast.
dam ******, 24 hours of OT, thats gonna be some serious paper.

You're talking to the wrong people, Hiroshi. Nobody here is going to give you that raise!
im already getting a raise from wendy's, so i'm good.

-hiro

h1roshi

Smash Hero
I wouldn't be advertising that I work at Wendy's.
why, cuz it's fast food? that's ********. there is nothing wrong with a college student, who is going to school full time, to have a fast food job with flexible hours to work around his school schedule. And working is working. you are working hard for your money. There is no shame in that. On top of that, those people make other's easier by providing them food. They were too lazy to cook or are away from there homes so they need a quick bite. They are making your lives easier by providing you with fast simple food. There's nothign to look down upon. If anyone thinks differently, thats just ignorant.

-hiro

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
i gotta stop looking at this thread...it keeps making me want to get wendys after work =(

Top Bottom