• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I have never talked to a girl before in my whole life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I like how love potion is like not really a big deal in HP land.

See usually wizards don't have a better alternative because they don't have electricity or anything civilised people have, but then they go and replace Rohypnol with "love potion". ****ing ingenious, probably due to that that they're still in the stone ages.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Love potions don't wear off in Harry Potter? Damn, you could seriously **** some one up if that's the case. Assuming no one "cures" them.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
They do wear off, but once they're dosed it's pretty easy to keep making the stuff and putting it in their food/drink.

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
Replying to the original issue, I'm just gonna be honest. This is not something I actually recommend, but...

I used to be terrible at social skills, and any advice given to me would not help at all. It felt like I would never improve. But then I had the idea: "Instead of trying to become popular, why not do the exact opposite? After all, once I graduate, nobody in this school will remember me either way."

So I actually TRIED to embarrass myself. For a while, people called me a freak and a ******, but then people started to laugh with me. Students started talking about how hilarious I was. Finally, I was officially popular, and all I had to do was be a class clown.

There's my story. I hardly would call it advice, but it worked for ME anyway. Mind you, I still ***** a bit about how unpopular I am internet-wise, but oh well.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Replying to the original issue, I'm just gonna be honest. This is not something I actually recommend, but...

I used to be terrible at social skills, and any advice given to me would not help at all. It felt like I would never improve. But then I had the idea: "Instead of trying to become popular, why not do the exact opposite? After all, once I graduate, nobody in this school will remember me either way."

So I actually TRIED to embarrass myself. For a while, people called me a freak and a ******, but then people started to laugh with me. Students started talking about how hilarious I was. Finally, I was officially popular, and all I had to do was be a class clown.

There's my story. I hardly would call it advice, but it worked for ME anyway. Mind you, I still ***** a bit about how unpopular I am internet-wise, but oh well.
Well gee that is kinda tragic.

We are gathered here to mourn Sly Fox's dignity, which was tragically lost in attempts to gain the acceptance of the unwashed masses, like many other young people.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Teran is such a bully, he probably picked on all the straight kids in high school.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I did, actually. Then again, it was an all boys school, everyone got picked on to an extent, just some more than others.

Much more.

Oh those poor kids.

LOL

The Fail Tracer

3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
I am truly wondering why you all hate me so damn much.

Is there anything I can change that will make everybody I know on Smashboards NOT hate me?

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Oh boy, you must have had a gleeful time there then.

And yeah, I've seen kids torn apart verbally in front of my eyes. Too bad I was too much of a ***** back then to say anything.

I can imagine if we had gone to school together you'd bully me for looking like a homosexual. lol

@Sly fox, hey now, don't say everyone and lump me in with the others. Let me actually get to know you first so I can hate you like the rest.

The Fail Tracer

3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
I'm sorry... I wasn't actually trying until Teran posted his sarcastic comment.

At first I guess I was trying to post a little input, whether it was worthless or not. I honestly did not mean to upset anyone. And you're right, it's not about me.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Here's an idea, stop being Sol9000. If you're at the point that you are asking people what to do so they don't dislike you YOU'RE ****ING DOING IT WRONG.

You know plenty of people don't even know who the **** you are. I'm sure plenty of people don't know me and thus don't have any opinion on me.

Yet.

:denzel:

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Sly Fox I'm sincerely asking this question politely but are you autistic?

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I have no idea how you're the mod of this place when you participate in derails so often.
Thread

Wrong.

Derail

Not really

This has had 4 pages (on 40ppp) of on track discussion, if things are to develop out of it then that's not really a big deal since it's a blog not a thread. The only off topic ness that's really unacceptable is totally pointless one liners that wouldn't actually cause any discussion of any kind.

That or particularly volatile topic changes like how Jesus was gay or something.,

Point being you are wrong. I mean I set the rules for this place so ultimately it can function however I want, and am always open to suggestion. If you want me to start enforcing this place like the Pool Room then sure I can do that.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
The best way to attract people to yourself is being a better you, 'this is a kind person who leads a joyous and peaceful life, I wish to have peace and joy', while it may not be overt many humans seek for these things in their lives.
The best way to approach people is with kindness and more importantly humility and sincerity, by that I mean you're in it for them rather than your own gratification.
If you can't think of a justifiable means of being in it for them rather than yourself, remember that not all people on this earth are called to marriage, some are called to be monks (Shaolin, hermit, brotherhood or order, etc) or some other non-matrimonial vocation.

Before you improve your interactions you must first improve yourself.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Last post from AvengingtheVirgins was on the 12th after saying he gives up on life.

Also there is literally nothing to be said that hasn't already been stated by like 20 "social superstars" already.

Just putting that out there.

userblogs sux big timz

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I like how Guus (Jim) is always trying to find ways to ***** about me because I've infracted him a bunch of times here.

Serves him right for all his memegif nonsense, can't beat my infallible logic, the logic I create.

Also AVK you should learn a musical instrument because everyone loves a mysterious deep and passionate musician.

Just learn a minor chord progression and be all like "oh bby dis how i feel bout u"

If you think that's cheesy and doesn't work, ****ing think again.

This extends to everyone btw.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
He's been online recently I don't think that was meant to be interpreted as suicidal resignation.

traffic.

Smash Journeyman
Effectively what you are experiencing is a common problem in which you are waiting for the most effective and sure-fire way of doing something to avoid all possible negative outcomes. This is not something that can occur in the world. Want to get better at something? Guess what, you have to do it first. And fail, and learn, and fail, and learn, and eventually you stop failing because you learn how to do it. Then you just get better at it every time.

If you are looking for a starting point, there is a classic saying of "fake it til you make it." Before you start concerning yourself with "how will i make a girl like me if i am not being myself?" you have to accept that that trying and emulating other people's social behaviours is how we learn them and appl them to our own value systems. It is better to talk to a girl and have her reject you than it is to not talk to her at all, because at least then you can figure out what behaviours have what effect on people, and you can't lump results together until you have repeat results in a number of different circumstances.

edz- another thought that I forgot to include, when you are starting off, remember what your goals are, and break down the steps to get there. Start off with conversations about little insignificant things, shallow conversations are easy to start and easy to finish, so you will be able to see how your communication skills work and build on them from there. You can't run until you learn how to walk, and you can't walk without learning to crawl, so just keep yourself grounded in that sense and always think of it as something you will always be working on.

TL;DR SECTION:

talk to girls badly, you will get less bad at it. just remember that you are conducting self-improvement experiments and that you should not hold yourself to a standard higher than your actual experience.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Everything will build upon itself if you just keep mustering up the balls to approach and initiate conversation in the first place. That's the hardest part and in the end you will see that.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
are you ****ing kidding me?
No. In fact I could probably say the same thing to you. You've gotten all the good advice that you can possibly get from this thread, and you have more or less ignored everything, have barely made an attempt at improvement and just pop in here every now and then to cry some more. There's nothing more we can do for you.

Brawlman1000

Smash Ace
NNID
Bman1K
3DS FC
2981-7986-9482
No. In fact I could probably say the same thing to you. You've gotten all the good advice that you can possibly get from this thread, and you have more or less ignored everything, have barely made an attempt at improvement and just pop in here every now and then to cry some more. There's nothing more we can do for you.
^^^^^^This.

AvengingTheKnight

Smash Apprentice
.__. if I do anything from this thread it will probably be the guy who pm'd me or:

TL;DR SECTION:

talk to girls badly, you will get less bad at it. just remember that you are conducting self-improvement experiments and that you should not hold yourself to a standard higher than your actual experience.
(I actually read the whole thing btw, this is just the most important for me)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom