• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I hate ZSS.

ummyyeeaahh

Smash Cadet
I hate her, there is no point for her to be in Smash, she was playable in 1 game (2 if you count a secret in the original Metroid), she has such little possibility for moveset so that much of it has to be made up on the spot therefore providing very little nostalgia for gamers. She has a very, very, very small fanbase and only serves to take away the possibility for other more deserving, popular, and nostalgic characters like Ridley and maybe even Dark Samus. Both of which I want badly and if ZSS wasn't in at least 1 of them would be all but confirmed. Finally, ZSS was included into the game in the worst way possible, a forced transformation. Now if I want to play as Samus, one of my favorite characters, and I want to do my final smash I am forced to change to a character that I don't like to play as. Hopefully You can avoid the transformation somehow.

Now I don't despise the character ZSS, she may be fun to play as. I just despise the fact that she may take the place of other, much more deserving characters. Sure she is original but she is unneeded and was wanted only by people who are just going to jack off to her instead of playing as her.

Seriously, is there a single person here that honestly thought? "Hey, I really want to play as Samus in her Zero suit because she would have a cool moveset and be an original concept."

paralasalud

Smash Ace
calm down yo, she isn't taking any "spots" up since she can only be played after the zero laser.

i don't quite like her either, nor that speculation that people had about her "being the new shiek." that was so dumb. but i bet she's pretty cool. not even close to as cool as samus is, but yeah.

Yaya

Smash Champion
I hate her, there is no point for her to be in Smash, she was playable in 1 game (2 if you count a secret in the original Metroid), she has such little possibility for moveset so that much of it has to be made up on the spot therefore providing very little nostalgia for gamers. She has a very, very, very small fanbase and only serves to take away the possibility for other more deserving, popular, and nostalgic characters like Ridley and maybe even Dark Samus. Both of which I want badly and if ZSS wasn't in at least 1 of them would be all but confirmed. Finally, ZSS was included into the game in the worst way possible, a forced transformation. Now if I want to play as Samus, one of my favorite characters, and I want to do my final smash I am forced to change to a character that I don't like to play as. Hopefully You can avoid the transformation somehow.

Now I don't despise the character ZSS, she may be fun to play as. I just despise the fact that she may take the place of other, much more deserving characters. Sure she is original but she is unneeded and was wanted only by people who are just going to jack off to her instead of playing as her.

Seriously, is there a single person here that honestly thought? "Hey, I really want to play as Samus in her Zero suit because she would have a cool moveset and be an original concept."
*Raises hand*

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787

Thats good for you but we dont care....

Lefticle

Smash Journeyman
It's Samus, just without her Power Suit on. What's the big deal?

Also, nobody gives a **** about nostalgia. G&W is nostalgic, and look how popular he is.

ummyyeeaahh

Smash Cadet
It's Samus, just without her Power Suit on. What's the big deal?

Also, nobody gives a **** about nostalgia. G&W is nostalgic, and look how popular he is.
The big deal is that she is completely unneeded and unwanted. She was only added for sex appeal which is ******** because anyone stupid enough to buy a game just because of boobs is going to be stupid enough to not buy this game because it looks kiddy. But worst of all, she brings the possibility that Sakurai with think that she is enough for Metroid, completely leaving out much, much, much more deserving characters like Ridley.

Also, tons of people care about nostalgia. Why do you think that all the characters have at least some moves based off of their games, because the developers were lazy and couldn't think of anytihng else? No, because fans want the nostalgia from seeing some of the characters old abilities. Also, why do you think people praise Smash for it's soundtrack of mostly remixes or why does almost every stage have tons of references to the game they are from? Because of the nostalgia they bring.

Solo Assass1n

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, your opinion will not change anything. Why did you even bother to post that?

"there is no point for her to be in Smash"
You really didn't think of Subspace Emissary did you?

"She has a very, very, very small fanbase"
Proof/evidence/fact? Your opinion isn't the opinion of the majority of people.

And I highly doubt just because she is in, that limits Ridley's (or any other Metroid representative's) chance at getting in. Metroid would only have two representatives if you want to include ZSS, while in Melee, Mario had four reps, and Zelda had three reps (four including Shiek.) Sakurai has realized how important these characters are to us, so I'm pretty darn sure that with this being his last game for the series, he will try to please the Metroid fans along with everyone else as best that he can.

ummyyeeaahh

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I hope the ZSS and Samus aren't the only Metroid Reps but seeing as Metroid is very unpopular in Japan for some reason, Sakurai may just leave them with 2 reps and seeing as ZSS is in , he may just choose to shaft Ridley.

NeoZ

Smash Ace

1.-And Fox/C. Falcon bring so much nostalgia with their classic moves, right? It's not new that characters get made up moves.
2.-In what way is Dark Samus nostalgic?
3.-Trust me there must be, people have thought about a lot of random things they want Brawl to include.

D

Deleted member

It's not like she takes up a spot. The only time you can use her is after the Zero Laser so, it's a good 2 in 1 combo so we can make room for other reps like Ridley or Dark Samus. And she isn't just in for Sex Appeal. Yes, she is sexy. Yes, her appearance in Brawl did raise the Samus Hentai population, but that is not why she is in.

Think of her as an extra rep. We need more reps from Metroid like Ridley and Dark Samus since we only got one in Melee and 64. If we add in Ridley and Dark Samus than that is 4 reps but Samus and ZSSamus is one character so that is 3 reps right there. She isn't gonna ruin the chances of Ridley and no one doubts Ridley one bit.

ZSSmetroid01

Smash Cadet
um ZSS actually appears in all metroid games but not playable, jus like PEACH who is a great addition to smash bros.- actually she did have that one for DS, but that's just 1, and im pretty sure that came out after ssbm. there was a pincess toadstool in super mario 2 but thats not rally peach
and shes a cartoon! if someone really wanted sex appeal they could jut use the internet!!!!!!!

D

Deleted member

It's not like she takes up a spot. The only time you can use her is after the Zero Laser so, it's a good 2 in 1 combo so we can make room for other reps like Ridley or Dark Samus. And she isn't just in for Sex Appeal. Yes, she is sexy. Yes, her appearance in Brawl did raise the Samus Hentai population, but that is not why she is in.

Think of her as an extra rep. We need more reps from Metroid like Ridley and Dark Samus since we only got one in Melee and 64. If we add in Ridley and Dark Samus than that is 4 reps but Samus and ZSSamus is one character so that is 3 reps right there. She isn't gonna ruin the chances of Ridley and no one doubts Ridley one bit.

TheDuplexDuo

Smash Journeyman
I think ZSS was an AWE-SUM idea! I'm sure she will have a fan base soon enough!

The MORE the merryier! ;)

* Sexual inuendo not included*

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Relax buddy. There will always be characters you do or don't like. Personally I think Luigi is little more than a green Mario who enjoys Falcons UpB a little too much...but its still one more character than it would be without him.
Sheik was in one game, OoT - Sheik made it into Melee, and with a brand new non-nostalgic move-set save for vanish.
ZSS Stands as my second-most anticipated character. Looking at her move-set and attributes it seems like a character I'd enjoy. Sky fishing for the win.

PS: Dont get so worked up about what people do and don't flog the dolphin over :\

Torchik

Smash Ace
Wow, what was the point of this thread? To let us know that YOU hate Zero Suit Samus? Ummm, I think she actually has quite a large fanbase. I want to use her because she looks super fast and acrobatic which I like in a character. Technically she didn't take up a spot since she's Samus...Yeah, I and most of the people on the ZSS board don't have a problem with her. If you do, good for you! ^_^

gamer8

Smash Lord

Wow, you're just... wow... seriously, nobody is gonna take the place of another, stop saying it, it's freaking annoying me, also I LOVE how you say "She was only playable in one game", well Samus is the ONLY playable character in metroid, thus she deserves a spot of her own, Ridley wasn't playable in Metroid, just a boss, seriously, think before you speak, idiot.

ummyyeeaahh

Smash Cadet
Well, seeing as how Brawl has only a limited amount of time to be made and how Sakurai has to choose how many characters a series gets. Yeah characters can take other characters spots. Also, isn't it funny how if you provide like 5 logical points against a character, somebody will find it necesary to "prove me wrong" by finding one character that fits one of the points. Like this

Me: ZSS is unpopular, not important to the series, has low posibility for a moveset, might take the place of other more popular characters, and was only playable in one game with all her other appearances being rewards.

You: Wel Ridly were nevar playabel eether. Bam thery destoryed! Ur dum Im smrt!

Of course you fail to mention that Ridley is extremely popular, possibly the most important character to the series besides Samus, huge possibility for moveset, and was a major or main villain in 7 out of the 10 Metroid games.

genosall

Smash Journeyman
in your computer waiting for when you get closer t
Well, seeing as how Brawl has only a limited amount of time to be made and how Sakurai has to choose how many characters a series gets. Yeah characters can take other characters spots. Also, isn't it funny how if you provide like 5 logical points against a character, somebody will find it necesary to "prove me wrong" by finding one character that fits one of the points. Like this

Me: ZSS is unpopular, not important to the series, has low posibility for a moveset, might take the place of other more popular characters, and was only playable in one game with all her other appearances being rewards.

You: Wel Ridly were nevar playabel eether. Bam thery destoryed! Ur dum Im smrt!

Of course you fail to mention that Ridley is extremely popular, possibly the most important character to the series besides Samus, huge possibility for moveset, and was a major or main villain in 7 out of the 10 Metroid games.
Me: ZSS IS popular or else no one would argue with you, not importand? like pichu from melee? or Shiek who wasent even in TP?, well she does have a low posibility for a moveset and we all know how thats decreced char. chances like C. Falcon, Fox, Olimar and ohh... wait..., she douse not take the place of another char.(Pokemon series has 4 or 6 chars. while Metroid has 1 or 2), *coughcoughPitcoughcoughIceClimberscough.*

oh... and bam, theory destroyed.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Zero suit samus is popular not only because she was hot but also b/c EVERYONE wanted to see what she looked like under the armor. also even tho she changed outfits she is still samus and therefore INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT TO HER OWN SERIES.
and as for low possibility for a moveset... i dont think any of us could have came up with a hand-to -hand moveset for NORMAL SAMUS!!! so that doesnt mean any thing for zs samus
she doesnt take away someone elses spot because like i already said... SHES STILL SAMUS!! zss doesnt get a pickable spot, therefore she doesnt take a spot away from anyone. especially since ridley is all but confirmed already. (debatable i could be wrong i will admit.)
and as far as dark samus goes one of the few things we do know is that there are no clone chars. now be honest can you really change dark samus enuff to not make her a clone... im pretty sure the answer is no.

so... uhhh... BAM theory destroyed

as a matter of fact i think all of this just negated your existence... Happy MLK day

ummyyeeaahh

Smash Cadet
Zero suit samus is popular not only because she was hot but also b/c EVERYONE wanted to see what she looked like under the armor. also even tho she changed outfits she is still samus and therefore INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT TO HER OWN SERIES.
and as for low possibility for a moveset... i dont think any of us could have came up with a hand-to -hand moveset for NORMAL SAMUS!!! so that doesnt mean any thing for zs samus
she doesnt take away someone elses spot because like i already said... SHES STILL SAMUS!! zss doesnt get a pickable spot, therefore she doesnt take a spot away from anyone. especially since ridley is all but confirmed already. (debatable i could be wrong i will admit.)
and as far as dark samus goes one of the few things we do know is that there are no clone chars. now be honest can you really change dark samus enuff to not make her a clone... im pretty sure the answer is no.

so... uhhh... BAM theory destroyed

as a matter of fact i think all of this just negated your existence... Happy MLK day
*sigh* Why do I keep making topics like this

ZSS is not popular for that reason because she has already been seen without her armor in Zero mission plus that shouldn't be a reason to include her because people just want to see her, not play as her.

Samus is extremely important to the series, but ZSS technically isn't seeing as she is only a reward in every game besides Zero Mission.

While it is most likely that Ridley will get in there is still a chance that he won't. You have to admit that without ZSS, Ridley would be a 100% shoo-in.

And finally Dark Samus could easiliy be made into an original character. She has tons of moveset potential that isn't anything like Samus.

DevilRyodo

Smash Cadet
I never thought about. Which is probably why I really like the idea, she's one of those unexpected characters.

Bluerockworld

Smash Apprentice
Well, maybe samus is super heavy and in order to balance the weight they tweeked her final smash so she loses her weight but gains speed and a higher jump... but Im just speculating

TidalSpiral

Smash Journeyman

1) You must understand very little about any of this. Ridley still has GREAT chances of being in - you ever stop to consider that Sakurai is saving his reveal so that it will generate ridiculous amounts of buzz right before release?

2) The very definition of a good character is one with unique potential. I can think of no-one else besides Captain Falcon or possibly G&W with more originality to them - sure there are better characters all around but writing her off as sex appeal is simply morons trying to squeeze lemons.

3) Forced transformation is more interesting than an optional one. Why? Cause it makes you step outside of the comfort zone and learn an entirely new strategy if you want to master such a complicated character. You want to avoid using her, avoid the FS.

4) You have failed life, for you and your children.

PRINCESS PEACH777

Smash Lord

i agree i hate her too

Snafu

Smash Cadet
First off, you guys are jerks. Why are you allowed to post your opinions and he's not allowed to post his facts?
Second, ummy, you're right.
What? What he posted isn't 'facts', it's HIS OPINION. If he has the right to post his opinion, everyone else has a right to post theirs. Difference is, most people are able to admit that their opinion is just that: an opinion and not solid fact.

I wasn't happy when SSB64 came out about Jigglypuff being in, simply because in my opinion it's not enough of a major character to deserve the spot. Does that mean that Jigglypuff is 100% unworthy of being in the game? No.

Personally, I hadn't thought of ZSS being in the game, but then I didn't think of Ice Climbers, Mr Game & Watch or Captain Falcon either.

Seriously, before SSB64, is there a single person that honestly thought "Hey, I really want to play as Captain Falcon from F-Zero because he would have a cool moveset and be an original character"?

Basically, you don't like ZSS. Good for you. Other people like her (some a little bit too much) and consider her a worthy addition to the Brawl Roster. Fact is, whether you like it or not, she's in the game and you're going to have to get used to that fact.

spacemanspiff

Smash Journeyman
i think she'll make samus much more of a complex character... why would you ever want LESS characters in a game man.

Top Bottom