• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I hate ZSS.

Tank McCannon

Smash Journeyman
lol at everyone saying his opinion doesn't matter and he shouldn't bother posting it. This is an internet message forum about a series of video games. Chances are you'll find some opinions here.

If all opinions shouldn't be posted, there would be a lot less activity on this website. Of course his opinion isn't going to change anything, but he should still be allowed to voice it.

As for the topic at hand, I'm not a very big fan of ZSS either. I hate her suit, and I've always thought that she just looked terrible all around. Plus, I feel that the way she is included is pretty worthless. Transforms after Final Smash? Come on.

ummyyeeaahh

Smash Cadet
Yeah well Spacemanspiff, maybe I don't want a complex character that changes completely in looks, moves, and playstyle everytime I use an almost essential attack.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
ZSS Samus is fine as a transformation of Samus.
But she's a worthless excuse for more Metroid rep if she is presented as such.

PwnyRide

Smash Ace
Great quote, I don't understand why you hate ZSS, that's like hating the Pokemon Trainer's single Pokemon and/or hating Sheik.
You have no idea why people hate Shiek.

back on topic -

Hey the OP is entitled to his oppinion, and if you dont agree with him remember -

Oppinions are like *******s. Everyone has one. Most stink.

Torchik

Smash Ace
Okay, what are you trying to accomplish here? Are you trying to get the ZSS fans to turn against her? Not gonna happen. Are you trying to get ZSS taken out of the game? Not gonna happen. Are you trying to get us to make you like her? Not gonna happen. Could you tell me the point, again?

ShadowRegulus

Smash Rookie
I agree with him, for the most part. I don't even like her as a character (Samus is my favorite Nintendo character, though)... I don't care if she ends up fun to play as. The thing is, I could live with her just being in the game, but I absolutely hate that I (as far as I know) am forced to either transform into her or get blasted by someone else's final smash. No other character has such a penalty for using their final smash.

I would have been much happier if she were separate, unlockable, and obtained by beating Classic mode under a certain amount of time.

It also pains me that this could be sidestepped by allowing Samus players to limit the output of the Zero Laser. I'd gladly take a weaker final smash if it meant retaining her armor.

R.Y.N.O

Smash Journeyman
Are you trying to turn us against ZSS? If you are then go away. I see your opinion and respect it but that does not give you the right to go and push others who like ZSS. We do not like her for SEX APPEAL. We like her because she is a cool addition to the game. She does not take up any spots and you have no proof of a small fan base.

I agree with Gerudo Warrior: Go get this kid a happy meal.

SurooshX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SurooshX
I hate her, there is no point for her to be in Smash, she was playable in 1 game (2 if you count a secret in the original Metroid), she has such little possibility for moveset so that much of it has to be made up on the spot therefore providing very little nostalgia for gamers. She has a very, very, very small fanbase and only serves to take away the possibility for other more deserving, popular, and nostalgic characters like Ridley and maybe even Dark Samus. Both of which I want badly and if ZSS wasn't in at least 1 of them would be all but confirmed. Finally, ZSS was included into the game in the worst way possible, a forced transformation. Now if I want to play as Samus, one of my favorite characters, and I want to do my final smash I am forced to change to a character that I don't like to play as. Hopefully You can avoid the transformation somehow.

Now I don't despise the character ZSS, she may be fun to play as. I just despise the fact that she may take the place of other, much more deserving characters. Sure she is original but she is unneeded and was wanted only by people who are just going to jack off to her instead of playing as her.

Seriously, is there a single person here that honestly thought? "Hey, I really want to play as Samus in her Zero suit because she would have a cool moveset and be an original concept."
LOL!
I actually wanted ZSS to be in the game before there even was a Brawl...am I alone?

ZAMUS FTW!!!

Icetrash

Smash Journeyman
The big deal is that she is completely unneeded and unwanted. She was only added for sex appeal which is ******** because anyone stupid enough to buy a game just because of boobs is going to be stupid enough to not buy this game because it looks kiddy.
Is ZSS boobs on the front cover? No I didnt think so. Is ZSS even ON the cover of the game? No. SO HOW THE HELL WAS SHE ADDED JUST FOR SEX APPEAL WHEN SHE'S NOT ON THE FRONT COVER!

Seriously man, sex appeal? Wtf is your problem.

Misto-Roboto

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
MistoRoboto
3DS FC
3780-9079-0504
Switch FC
3912-9000-6921
I hate her, there is no point for her to be in Smash, she was playable in 1 game (2 if you count a secret in the original Metroid), she has such little possibility for moveset so that much of it has to be made up on the spot therefore providing very little nostalgia for gamers. She has a very, very, very small fanbase and only serves to take away the possibility for other more deserving, popular, and nostalgic characters like Ridley and maybe even Dark Samus. Both of which I want badly and if ZSS wasn't in at least 1 of them would be all but confirmed. Finally, ZSS was included into the game in the worst way possible, a forced transformation. Now if I want to play as Samus, one of my favorite characters, and I want to do my final smash I am forced to change to a character that I don't like to play as. Hopefully You can avoid the transformation somehow.

Now I don't despise the character ZSS, she may be fun to play as. I just despise the fact that she may take the place of other, much more deserving characters. Sure she is original but she is unneeded and was wanted only by people who are just going to jack off to her instead of playing as her.

Seriously, is there a single person here that honestly thought? "Hey, I really want to play as Samus in her Zero suit because she would have a cool moveset and be an original concept."
You're an idiot. No really, stop wasting my oxygen. ZSS is just Samus without her suit. I know everyone is looking to take out the their 35roster hate onto a character, but no one on these boards really cares about how your expectations have let you down. And really, Ridley just isn't plausible. And since Metroid has always been about just Samus and her interactions with the Metroid species she really doesn't need any other reps.

Robling

Smash Rookie
LOL!
I actually wanted ZSS to be in the game before there even was a Brawl...am I alone?

ZAMUS FTW!!!
Agreed! I've wanted to play her in Smash bros ever since Zero Mission. I loved the Zero Suit Samus part of that game, it really added something new and fresh.

SurooshX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SurooshX
Agreed! I've wanted to play her in Smash bros ever since Zero Mission. I loved the Zero Suit Samus part of that game, it really added something new and fresh.
Word, y0...word.
I still wanted Ridley, though. :(

Ares And Enyo

Smash Apprentice
man some people just need to be taken out and beaten for a while .. I mean honestly it is one thing to think and even openly voice this crap but in a character's discussion thread? Take this to general brawl where it belong with all the other I hate sakurai nonsense. This area is for constructive discussion.

MysticJon

Smash Cadet
"She has a very, very, very small fanbase"
Proof/evidence/fact? Your opinion isn't the opinion of the majority of people.
the only fans she has is horny kids. seriously, whats her appeal? the only appearance she made (Zero Mission) she couldnt do anything (oh sorry, she had a stun gun:laugh:). that being said, im totally fine with having her in SSBB, if she was a separate character from Samus, but i dont like the idea of being forced to use her if i want to use Samus' most powerful move at her disposal. thats the only problem with the character.

Ares And Enyo

Smash Apprentice
Jon - dude hold down R when selecting Samus and you have Zamus - she is her own character.... don't join the ranks of looser (that guy that start this thread)

Doomgaze

Smash Apprentice
Uh, ZSS actually makes her first approach already in Metroid 1, in which she is playable, though she's no different from the power suit Samus. Personally I like this character. It's innovative yet nostalgic.

Crescendolls

Smash Cadet
from the videos I've see, she kicks some ***.
She is the opposite of the power suit, which is slow but powerful while Zero is fast and agile. Plus that whip is amazing

Professor X

Smash Apprentice
Well I'm disappointed that I have to turn into slow, clunky Samus if I want to use Zamus's Final Smash.

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
Actually, it's funny. As a whole, the people who are excited about Zamus and want to use her aren't even Metroid fans. Figures.

Crescendolls

Smash Cadet
Actually, it's funny. As a whole, the people who are excited about Zamus and want to use her aren't even Metroid fans. Figures.
A lot of people want to play Pit, but haven't played Kid Icarus (me being one of them).

On another note, I guess you are going to have to learn to live with both sides of Samus, even if you don't want the other. In fear of using the age old Zelda comparison, maybe this is what the intended originally (having to learn to use both characters instead of just using one or the other)

Kirby M.D.

Smash Journeyman
Every time a Smash Child makes a useless thread, God tentacle ***** Krystal.
Please, think of the furry sex objects.

WaterToFire

Smash Apprentice
Yes, actually, once I saw her in the first movie.

MysticJon

Smash Cadet
Jon - dude hold down R when selecting Samus and you have Zamus - she is her own character.... don't join the ranks of looser (that guy that start this thread)
thats not what i mean. im talking about being forced to use her if i use Samus' FS. thats just wrong.

gamer8

Smash Lord
A lot of people want to play Pit, but haven't played Kid Icarus (me being one of them).

On another note, I guess you are going to have to learn to live with both sides of Samus, even if you don't want the other. In fear of using the age old Zelda comparison, maybe this is what the intended originally (having to learn to use both characters instead of just using one or the other)
thats not what i mean. im talking about being forced to use her if i use Samus' FS. thats just wrong.
MysticJon, read what Crescendolls said. You're going to have to get used to using Zamus even if you hate her, dude she pwns, use her seriously, it won't hurt you.. -.-

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace

Yes, but she was supposedly put in for the Metroid fans...only, they don't even care about her. That's my point.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Yes, but she was supposedly put in for the Metroid fans...only, they don't even care about her. That's my point.
True. I can't understand why, if hoping to put in a Metroid character for this woefully underrepresented franchise, they would use Zero Suit Samus. I'm still excited about her, though, as she looks decently viable.

Leeroy

Smash Rookie
Does Ridley Have Bewbs?

Oh, and Metroid primes 1/2/3 were fun and all

Shack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShackShack
3DS FC
1392-5021-7831
how is she taking up a spot? shes not another character slot, shes another form of samus like sheik/zelda and pokemon trainer. So if they didnt put her in, then i doubt they would have gotte nanother character.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
She IS taking up a spot. Ridley would have been 10 times better, and we'd all know it. Hell, I'd trade any non-third party newcomer except Wario or Diddy Kong for Ridley. The fact that Ridley isn't playable in Brawl is 10 times worse then no Diddy Kong or Wario in Melee. No excuses, Sheik is meaninglyess compared to those two, and so is Mewtwo. And even Ganondorf. And Zelda. >_< In terms of newcomer, Ridley is more important then all the newcomers except the two "guests", Lucario, Diddy Kong, King Dedede, and Wario. Ya, I SAID IT, and it's TRUE!!! Sakurai failed us! o_O

Leeroy

Smash Rookie
She IS taking up a spot. Ridley would have been 10 times better, and we'd all know it. Hell, I'd trade any non-third party newcomer except Wario or Diddy Kong for Ridley. The fact that Ridley isn't playable in Brawl is 10 times worse then no Diddy Kong or Wario in Melee. No excuses, Sheik is meaninglyess compared to those two, and so is Mewtwo. And even Ganondorf. And Zelda. >_< In terms of newcomer, Ridley is more important then all the newcomers except the two "guests", Lucario, Diddy Kong, King Dedede, and Wario. Ya, I SAID IT, and it's TRUE!!! Sakurai failed us! o_O

Calm down. Ridley's too big to be a character, duh. At least he shows up as a boss in Single player.

I think we should pool everyone's anger and yell about how nobody likes/plays/cares about Lucas.

sv3

Smash Apprentice
I wonder what Ridley has ever done to generate so much attention from Brawl forum goers. I've played every Metroid game except MP3:Corruption and he has never struck me as an actual character that would be viable for SSB. I think the size argument is crap, but overall there are many better characters to put in than a recurring midboss.

P. Trainer is very obviously a legitimate addition. Pokemon >>>>>> Metroid in terms of popularity and sales, and it seems like they wanted to keep the Pokemon reps at 4.. Sakurai and the developers probably saw an opportunity in Captain Olimar and the Pikmin, and it makes much more sense to include a character with his fairly unique style over many others. Especially since he's the only representative from his game/series. Pit was much more wanted than Ridley from what I've read. Ike is replacing Roy for the second FE rep from a popular series in Japan. And they all 'fit in' perfectly. Really, everyone on the current roster makes much more sense than Ridley.

I could see Ridley as the one who represented the second Metroid rep for Metroid fans, who gathered popularity on Brawl forums/sites much like Geno and Isaac did. But, given the bigger picture, 'Ridley for Brawl' was just a product of the internet hype generated by sites like this one and others, and was meant to be more just to represent Metroid than to be an interesting character (he isn't one in the least) to the people who enjoy posting on sites like this one. I don't think that merits an appearance as a PC in a party game that will reach millions of people. We already got the second rep with ZSS for whatever reason (possible better mechanics in putting her in, her actually being a main characterin, so that's over. In fact, if we wanted a Metroid villain, than Dark Samus would be the more logical choice. Better ways to translate DS into in-game mechanics, and at least it was the main villain/final boss for at least 2 games in its series (I'm guessing DS also makes a prominent appearance as a villain in MP3).

Top Bottom