• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I Hate Ike

MrMoney

Smash Apprentice
Everytime i face a ike, be it my bros, cousins, or a CPU, he ****ing kills me. I make one mistake, he goes all out and it pisses me off. **** IKE

Hostility

Smash Ace
Everytime i face a ike, be it my bros, cousins, or a CPU, he ****ing kills me. I make one mistake, he goes all out and it pisses me off. **** IKE
So stop being stupid and getting hit. Ike isn't overpowered by any means. And he's one of the slowest characters in the game, you should see anything he does coming well before it hits you.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
So you're complaining you can't win because you can't figure out a way to deal with it?

Eddy01741

Smash Cadet
Use Olimar or somebody else that counters him well, either that, or learn how your cuzzies play, since a lot of Ike players have very repetetive patterns.

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
Ike is powerful. He's also incredibly laggy. I'm sorry you can't deal. Too bad, so sad.

But thank you for opening this thread for everyone to make fun of you.

FishkeeperTimmay!

Smash Ace
I hate Snake.

But, you won't see me go to the Snake boards, start a thread called "I hate Snake" and proceed to list why I hate the man. Why? Because it's just not classy. And you'll do better on these boards if your classy.

Trust me, no one likes a troll. ^^

Nexgenlink

Smash Cadet
Some where between The Lost Woods of Hyrule and Wa
You lost because you don't fight for your friends! And you won't get any sympathy from anyone on this Ike board! That is unless you ask politely! Ike is a slow character. Stay out of his range, beware of the forward-B, and if you fight aerial to aerial... Stay above him! Don't let him on top of you.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Ike is a great punisher. At the same time, he can also be greatly punished due to his slow moves and lag. Be more defensive and severly punish him when he makes a mistake.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
I hate Snake.

But, you won't see me go to the Snake boards, start a thread called "I hate Snake" and proceed to list why I hate the man. Why? Because it's just not classy. And you'll do better on these boards if your classy.

Trust me, no one likes a troll. ^^
have to lift ur pinky up while u type thats class.

anyways do u use sonic or something cause i dont see how u can have such a hard time with ike all u have to do is pick ddd or a space animal and u can pwn him lol(which i hate)

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
u hate ike
i hate trolls so get out and its not our problem that u suck and cant dodge ikes moves i mean hes just so predictable but hes nice to play with:)

Nintendude92z

Smash Apprentice
I've fought too many Ike's, and one thing I've learned is that you don't flinch, not even in the face of his Smash attacks, because the animation for them take too long, setting you up for some freebies. And if you NEED to dodge, learn perfect sheilding, because rolling away from Ike's Usmash or Dsmash is a major no-no.

Just watch out for his tilt moves and aerial moves, you're bound to make a mistake somewhere, but Ike isn't as hard as to KO as a heavyweight.

e105beta

Smash Journeyman
If you can't beat Ike...then you just don't have the skills to beat Ike.
Ike = roxmysox
You = notsomuch

my advice...get better.

Pro tip: use a space animal against Ike.

Samus_2021

Smash Journeyman
Perhaps it's just a case of finding a character that fits your fighting style. Try using every character. Chances are you're missing out on different fighting styles that can help compliment your style of fighting.

Practice against a real person. So try and find someone who can help you out. Someone who can give you tips on what you can improve on.

If you can't find anyone to practice with then practice in training mode. That's what it's there for. But do practice against a moving computer player. This will help you get your timing, aiming right to a certain extent. It's always better to get real experience playing against human opponents.

Hope that helps.

Zukaza

Smash Apprentice
I'm assuming your new to the game. Because at first, every one hated Ike, they didnt understand how the character moved and attacked. After a while though you will understand how he fights and will find better ways to fight him. Its all about practice and experience my friend :)

Tenki

Smash Hero
If you're losing (often?) to a computer Ike, there's alot of improvement to be made... in your overall Brawl gameplay D;
but Ike isn't as hard as to KO as a heavyweight.
I was testing out different percentages to get a certain Sonic kill setup to work. Middleweights like Marth needed to be at 120% for placement and knockback to be perfect, Upper Middleweights like Ganondorf needed to be at 130%.

Ike was at 140%, along with Dedede.

That said, I believe he is a heavyweight.

One of the best ways to learn how to counter a character is to pick it up and play it for a bit- then, not only do you learn what the attacks look like, but you can feel out when they're most vulnerable, and what to watch out for.

I've been traveling around and trying out the "worst" characters in the game, but since I main(ed?) Ike, I know when to poke and punish. Heck, I got a 60% 3-stock win against a level 9 Ike while practicing Sonic, so it's not that hard to punish him.

PCHU

Smash Lord
Ha ha!
Ok, now that I've had my laugh, try a Wolf, a Falco, or Fox.
Better yet, get an item box.
Throw it at Ike.
He will then strike.
And he will get PWNed 'cause it was one of those exploding ones.

Yeah, Ike is a killer, but Lucas can take him.
If that doesn't make sense, I guess it's because I am good with many characters, even if the match-up is horrible.
I use Lucas a lot, and I took Ike down.
OR, use another Ike.
It's funny when you both do an fsmash at the same time.
OOR, pick another stage that your character is best suited to.
Trust me, Ike may fight for his friends, and he gives no sympathy, but Wolf will be the one to take him down, because it's a piece of cake and Ike won't COME ON.

Lada

Smash Apprentice
now thats ike for ya, let me tell my brother QWNS me everytime i face him i suck

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Ike's a pain when used right, yes, but that's what makes him fun to fight against. You usually get a good fight if he's a good player, and if they aren't, you get spotdodge practice. :D

PitMasta

Smash Journeyman
AYAYAYAYAYAYA!

great job making a new troll thread instead of posting here :p

lol "overpowered".

YOU'RE NOT READY YET!
omg your so F U C K I N G ANNOYING! LEAVE ME THE HELL ALONE! This is a forum, not a place for people to make fun of others!

Listerine

Smash Apprentice
Ike isn't really that hard to defeat. Sure, the smashes can be quite annoying, but if you use projectiles, he is sure to be cornered; HARD. If you want to kill one, keep your distance, then start firing the projectiles.

Trust me, this is how I kill every Ike-main online. Not to mention Ike is also one of my mains. So play him, and you'll learn how he works.

omg your so F U C K I N G ANNOYING! LEAVE ME THE HELL ALONE! This is a forum, not a place for people to make fun of others!
This is a forum, not a place for people to flame at others!

Zukaza

Smash Apprentice
I think the reason Ike is overused is because people think that because he can kill in free for alls (cheap kills) That he is the greatest character ever. Its funny because when i say lets 1v1 and i use my Ike. They get owned, im not saying im the best but there are alot of people who really suck at Ike 1v1's. The two Ikes i have trouble with are RoK and Bored of B4BC. B4BC fo life :)

Tenki

Smash Hero
I hate it when people like Ike because he scores easy kills against non-evading opponents, eg freeforall.
I equally dislike people who hate Ike because of their own failure to evade or read his moves.

I like playing Ike in 1v1, but when I see an Ike player in a 4p random wifi, I assume it's one of the first case and single him out with prejudice. The only other thing I'll single out is a Thunder-spamming Pikachu.

SK919

Deal with it
Ike is cheap(or "too good") no doubt about it. Any ike player that doesn't want to face that is in serious denial. He isn't unbeatable though. I don't have much problems against ike now but at launch it was like "Wtf".

The problem is Ike isn't really slow he just presents the illusion of being slow. His moves have slow start up then go extremely fast. He doesn't move very fast but can use his F-B to cover ground and cancel it into his Jab combo(which is god**** ridiculous because its probably one of the fastest moves in the game!! IT CAN FRIGGIN KO!!). To add to all these advantages he is almost unedgegaurdable/spikable and all that jaz. His up-B is probably one of the best edge grabbers in the game. It prevents alot of attempts at punishing him below the edge. If the Ike player is slow you might be able to do something but thats not likely.

Face it! Ike is popular because he is cheap.. well lets use an nicer phrase. Ike is easier to use than a large majority of the cast. Which makes him a prime choice to alot of players looking for a good character. The same concept applied to melee with characters such as Fox, Falco, Marth, and Shiek. No offense to Ike mains but please don't try to ignore this fact. This is why on random wifi i get into situations where it's me vs. 3 other ikes.

Ike is just a great character... "cheap" but not.... broken. No hate to ike's though, more power to ya.

Top Bottom