• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I faced my first real spammer today

Sagen du Smash

Smash Journeyman
It was a white Meta Knight and MAN was it annoying. His Tornado makes Meta Knight really dam hard to approach. Every other move I can deal with except for that stupid Mach Tornado. The Homing attack stops it but I have to be above him and it takes a while to charge the attack. So I ask other Sonic mainers, what other moves have you found can stop the Tornado? Are there any?

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Dair, Spring, Nair if you're d*** sure it will hit, FSmash (either angled or not), Uair under the tornado, FF Fair above the Tornado.

Tornado is annoying, but can be dealth with in a multitude of ways depending on what the situation is, and juist how you want to punish it.

:093:

TheREALShadowChaos

Smash Journeyman
Sonics B actually counters the tornade because it homes in on the top.
I have fought against a B spammy MK and was able to hit HA like 8 times in a row cause he kept trying to spam his Whorenado and I kept countering it with HA. XD

:093: :093: :093: :093: :093: :093: :093: :093:

aeghrur

Smash Champion
Since when could Shadow use haunters...?
And since when were haunters supposed to be spammed...?

Napilopez

Smash Lord
Lolz Nado. If you're being punished by it its one thing; thats the same as being hit by any other attack essentially. But if you're just getting hit by it even when you have time to react, thats a different issue. Read the thread Chis link to. You have to be using HA from an appropriate angle. If you get caught in it, SDI up immediately and you should be able to spring out. I spent like 4 hours playing a good MK yesterday and tornado should be one of the least of your worries once you can get by it.

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
Up-b should be easy enough to counter it. At worst you should be hitting him with it about as often as he hits you, and given how weak the tornado is damage-wise the MK should eventually stop bothering to use the move.

Boxob.

Smash Lord
I just put him on ignore list lmao.

Anyone with shadow in their name is permanently undeserving of haunter cause Shadow's a ****ing ***got.

ExCeL 52

Smash Lord
I have the solution...
Pick Olimar..

Now require god like chuck norris reflexes.. and everytime the tornado hits you spam the whistle right back in his face.

MUAHAHHAHA UNSTOPPABLE!

Tenki

Smash Hero
It was a white Meta Knight and MAN was it annoying. His Tornado makes Meta Knight really dam hard to approach. Every other move I can deal with except for that stupid Mach Tornado. The Homing attack stops it but I have to be above him and it takes a while to charge the attack. So I ask other Sonic mainers, what other moves have you found can stop the Tornado? Are there any?
If he's an idiot and just tries to hover tornado on you, shield it, then grab him as soon as it ends. You need to be expecting and waiting for it to end, so you'll react as soon as possible.

If he's slightly smarter than your average metaknight and chases with a low (but floating) tornado, you can do a grounded spring, and use that to take advantage of his inputs and force him into a punishable side-B.

If he's a pretty okay Metaknight and tries to approach you with tornado, shield it, wait for him to start to retreat (they retreat so you can't grab them straight out of tornado), and AS SOON as he starts to retreat, run after him and either grab or dash attack.

If your shield gets low, just run away from the tornado (you run faster than the tornado). When you get near the edge of the stage, full hop and B-air. If he's still chasing you with it, you might nail the B-air. If you're not confident, then spring.

Either way, shield is one of your best options, but only if you have the prediction and reflex to punish it out of shield. If you can't, then you need to get better. You can't be slow to act when there's ample punishment time and complain that Metaknight's tornado is unpunishable.

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
I have the solution...
Pick Olimar..

Now require god like chuck norris reflexes.. and everytime the tornado hits you spam the whistle right back in his face.

MUAHAHHAHA UNSTOPPABLE!
So, your brilliant solution is to continually take damage from MK's tornado.
Where are all these crazy new people coming from?

TheREALShadowChaos

Smash Journeyman
I just put him on ignore list lmao.

Anyone with shadow in their name is permanently undeserving of haunter cause Shadow's a ****ing ***got.

Don't act like I named myself after an emo! It's not like everyone on the internet with Shadow in his name is named after Shadow.... Shadow also has another meaning you know....

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
This thread is amazingly nostalgic of me vs. DMK.

To the OP, go to the Winning Steak Cinemas, and go to the MK section.

Puffball vs. DMK is all I think about when I read this topic.

Shadow_of_Link

Smash Apprentice
Don't act like I named myself after an emo! It's not like everyone on the internet with Shadow in his name is named after Shadow.... Shadow also has another meaning you know....

Yes, just because my name has shadow in it, doesn't make me an anthropomorphic emo hedgehog (or an emo).

:093: (lol, why does everyone on this board use this? >_>)

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
It's an inside jokeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeakldsjfakldsjfakldsjfdmf,fmdsa.dfk
It's mad sexy. Can someone please include Haunters in the rFAQ or something?

And you have to earn Haunter prvilages, Shadow is just troll who likes to disrespect it.

lil cj

Smash Lord
All the other boards dont understand the ways of Sonic and Lucas...lol
we are the only ones rockin the pokemon icons

:094:

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
Double Jump slightly offstage into a ASC when the whorenado gets near if your shield's low. Then punish them with the a SD combo when their whorenado ends. Almost never fails.

If they start spamming Shuttle Loop, just Spin Shot their *** & F-Air. Meta Knight can't do anything to Sonic in the air out of a glide cause that little glide slash has nothing for proirity.
*repeats more things that I've said a thousand times*

Top Bottom