• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I can make a record of your progress - Ness Tournament Results and Discussion

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
Yeah i had a match against Coney's Brawler in the last tournament I went to. I'll show you the vid once the match gets uploaded to YouTube.

My tag is Mik!
You might see me playing with one of these names though:
Mik!jagger
Mik!gyver
Mik!leback
Mik!nugget
Oh ive seen you before then! I didn't know you were Mik. How awesome!

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
It's Mik! The exclamation point is crucial!
When I eventually go to tournaments I'm afraid I will write down my name. And they'll pronounce the ch as the ch sound and not the k sound. So my name is pronounced Locky, even though its spelled Lochy. But its short, rolls off the tongue and hard to forget.

Meccs

@Meccs_
3rd of 38
GU Smash 4 weeklies. Natick, Ma challonge.com/smash4gu6215
except the first game in winners (I did 14% lol) all my losses were so close... IceArrow is very good, really wish I couldve beat him. Some key mistakes but they were good matches (except the first one). 3rd is okay but it sucks knowing 2nd was within reach. Koolaid (Chef Pac) is insane so 2nd was the top there

Last edited:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I remember thinking of your name having a 'k' sound when I read it, so hopefully it will be like that elsewhere.

And yeah I've heard about IceArrow. Sounds like you're getting there though Meccs! :D

Asa

Smash Hero
Smash FIght Club 5 - 3/48
http://challonge.com/SFC5

lost early, tore through losers and got close to beating razer (aka grim turtle). Probablyyy shouldn't have ran it back to his counterpick immediately lol

Noa.

Smash Master
All right OP is updated.

@ Earthbound360 Earthbound360 I'm probably just gonna start calling you Mik! now. Except for when I'm tagging you. You should totally get a name change though. I did and I'm very happy with it. It's so cheap too lol.

@ Meccs Meccs Koolaid is an amazing player lol. You've been doing very well lately at your tournaments. You must play very consistently.

@ Asa Asa happy that you have a good result to post here. And yeah I see people pick what their opponent counterpicked. I'm not sure if that's always the best choice haha.

If anyone sees anything they want changed in the OP let me know! If I put you in the wrong region or want a different tag to identify you, that's more than ok.

I also have my own result to post.

9th out of 150+ / Tampa Never Sleeps: Melee in May / 5-30-15 / Tampa, Florida

I got the exact same result as I did last time. I made it 1st seed in my pool, and then went 0-2 in bracket.

The people I lost to are very good players. But I feel like I could've done better and I could've beaten them. I think my stamina is a real problem when it comes to these tournaments. Doubles started at 2 and Final bracket was starting at 10. It was also on and off play which makes it harder to stay warm. I need to improve my consistency at tournaments that last a long time.

Last edited:

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
Got 16 out of 256 competitors at the Smash Wii U tournament at Nintendo World.
Played as Ness first round but then played falcon later to cover unfavorable match ups.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
All right OP is updated.

@ Earthbound360 Earthbound360 I'm probably just gonna start calling you Mik! now. Except for when I'm tagging you. You should totally get a name change though. I did and I'm very happy with it. It's so cheap too lol.

@ Meccs Meccs Koolaid is an amazing player lol. You've been doing very well lately at your tournaments. You must play very consistently.

@ Asa Asa happy that you have a good result to post here. And yeah I see people pick what their opponent counterpicked. I'm not sure if that's always the best choice haha.

If anyone sees anything they want changed in the OP let me know! If I put you in the wrong region or want a different tag to identify you, that's more than ok.

I also have my own result to post.

9th out of 150+ / Tampa Never Sleeps: Melee in May / 5-30-15 / Tampa, Florida

I got the exact same result as I did last time. I made it 1st seed in my pool, and then went 0-2 in bracket.

The people I lost to are very good players. But I feel like I could've done better and I could've beaten them. I think my stamina is a real problem when it comes to these tournaments. Doubles started at 2 and Final bracket was starting at 10. It was also on and off play which makes it harder to stay warm. I need to improve my consistency at tournaments that last a long time.
Hahah yeah that works dude. How much is it for premium? Idk, I just sorta feel like EB360 is what I've come to be known as around here, even though Mik! and EB360 are one and the same :p

And nice effort at TNS. At least you went home knowing you lost to good players and not stupid stuff.

I have a couple of results I'll be posting soon (once Tantalus puts up the brackets and stuff).

Asa

Smash Hero
4th/42 Smash Fight Club 5

lost to Trela-bear and Fliphop. Close games all around, was using this tourney to check out CP's more. Seige is definitely a favorite and one i doubt people are going to ban (usually del/halberd) so looking forward to abusing it lolol.

1. Gnes
2. Trela
3. Flip
4. Asa

Noa.

Smash Master
Wait I didn't know you were in Texas Asa. I thought you were in Hawaii. :V

But good job in getting 4th. Texas is hard to do well in!

Asa

Smash Hero
I was born and raised in Hawaii, live in htown currently though

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Here's another little batch of results for you guys. It may not look like much, but I'm rather proud of these placements because of the people I played :D

17th out of 144 / S@X 100 / 6-2-15 / Baltimore, Maryland
7th out of 38 / Saturday Night Rumble / 6-6-15 / Baltimore, Maryland
4th out of 102 / S@X Weekly / 6-9-15 / Baltimore, Maryland

So the first one doesn't seem like much. 17th isn't particularly high, definitely below my average, but it was 144 entrants, the biggest tournament I've ever been to. But geez, I went against Nairo in round 5. Yeah, that Nairo. Then immediately after that in losers, I went against Seagull Joe, #2 in our region, pro Sonic player, etc. etc. At least I went out knowing I lost to good players. The competition was incredibly fierce that day. I did manage to beat Dunnobro on stream though.

Second one I got some wins that made me happy. I ended up playing Acid in round 1 and won, but more satisfying was me beating Bengalz. Last time he played me, he handled me pretty hard, and he's currently ranked higher than me. This time I managed to get the better of him. I feel like I really have improved on the ZSS matchup, and as a player in general.

For the last one, my highlight was playing against Logic. He beat me pretty hard in winners, so I really had to figure stuff out quickly. I swam through losers to 5th and encountered him again. This time, I managed to beat him, on stream too >:3
I also managed to beat Feel Tension and Kenrawr on the recording setup, all 3 players being high ranked in our region.

Anyways, I'm happy right now. I'll be showing some of my recorded highlights at some point when the stream matches are put up.
More results when they come.

Oh also @ Noa. Noa. , I messed up one of my results. The second to last result for me wasn't 78 entrants, it was 87.

Last edited:

Noa.

Smash Master
Here's another little batch of results for you guys. It may not look like much, but I'm rather proud of these placements because of the people I played :D

17th out of 144 / S@X 100 / 6-2-15 / Baltimore, Maryland
7th out of 38 / Saturday Night Rumble / 6-6-15 / Baltimore, Maryland
4th out of 102 / S@X Weekly / 6-9-15 / Baltimore, Maryland

So the first one doesn't seem like much. 17th isn't particularly high, definitely below my average, but it was 144 entrants, the biggest tournament I've ever been to. But geez, I went against Nairo in round 5. Yeah, that Nairo. Then immediately after that in losers, I went against Seagull Joe, #2 in our region, pro Sonic player, etc. etc. At least I went out knowing I lost to good players. The competition was incredibly fierce that day. I did manage to beat Dunnobro on stream though.

Second one I got some wins that made me happy. I ended up playing Acid in round 1 and won, but more satisfying was me beating Bengalz. Last time he played me, he handled me pretty hard, and he's currently ranked higher than me. This time I managed to get the better of him. I feel like I really have improved on the ZSS matchup, and as a player in general.

For the last one, my highlight was playing against Logic. He beat me pretty hard in winners, so I really had to figure stuff out quickly. I swam through losers to 5th and encountered him again. This time, I managed to beat him, on stream too >:3
I also managed to beat Feel Tension and Kenrawr on the recording setup, all 3 players being high ranked in our region.

Anyways, I'm happy right now. I'll be showing some of my recorded highlights at some point when the stream matches are put up.
More results when they come.

Oh also @ Noa. Noa. , I messed up one of my results. The second to last result for me wasn't 78 entrants, it was 87.
The 3rd result is especially impressive. Bengals is one of the more notable US ZSS players. And upsetting players that are considered better than you is always the best. I used to look up to Logic a lot as a oil player in brawl. It also seems that you should've been seeded higher at that first tournament. But in a stacked tournament you're bound to run into the best sooner or later. Those are some pretty awesome results Mik!.

Ganon's Gantlet/ Lewisville, TX/ 6-4-2015/ Took 6th/7th out of 25

Going again tonight! Will post the newest results after. Got taken out by a Mario who took 4th (but it was close).
http://challonge.com/gggg24
Nice top 8 is always good. Keep getting out to those tournaments!

@ Asa Asa which region should I have you listed under?

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Mik! That's so awesome! Especially considering the people you had to go up against. Can't wait to see where you go from here. :D

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Thanks guys. I'm trying to stuff as many Xanadu tournaments into my schedule this summer as I can. I really wanna climb the ranks and get better. And of course, I try to head out to any other tournaments nearby if I have the time.

Hopefully I can keep up the streak. I still have that goal of single digits on PR in mind!

Meccs

@Meccs_
I have to do incredibly well these next two Saturdays to get on the NE PR (I'm on the fringe for NE 15-20 apparently, while thats not really great its better than nothing.) for Apr-Jun but I've been in a real funk the last couple weeks...

Asa

Smash Hero
The 3rd result is especially impressive. Bengals is one of the more notable US ZSS players. And upsetting players that are considered better than you is always the best. I used to look up to Logic a lot as a oil player in brawl. It also seems that you should've been seeded higher at that first tournament. But in a stacked tournament you're bound to run into the best sooner or later. Those are some pretty awesome results Mik!.

Nice top 8 is always good. Keep getting out to those tournaments!

@ Asa Asa which region should I have you listed under?
First, logic sucks

Second, put me under Texas aka fire nation

Bubbleman_Nsider

Smash Ace
NNID
Bubbleman
3DS FC
1075-0749-7452
Bubbleman! I first heard of you when i saw you play on the Apex stream. You have a very good stream. I've always wanted to go to Puerto Rico for a smash tournament. My family originates from there. What's Excel Zero's spot on the PR?
Hey, Noa.

Sorry it took me some time to reply, I barely access Smashboards. Excel Zero currently sits at #2 in the Power Rankings for Smash 4.

Join us at the Smash Dojo PR Facebook group, we have a calendar of events and more info you'll need in case you opt to travel.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/smashdojopr/

Bubbleman_Nsider

Smash Ace
NNID
Bubbleman
3DS FC
1075-0749-7452
Got a pair of new results from the past week:

9th out of 119 / New Game Tournament 2 / 06-06-15 / San Juan, Puerto Rico
5th out of 16 / Smash 4 Top 16 Tournament #4 / 06-11-15 / Carolina, Puerto Rico

Currently sitting at #5 in the Power Rankings for Puerto Rico.

Noa.

Smash Master
First, logic sucks

Second, put me under Texas aka fire nation
Hey, I said that in past tense lol. I don't look up to him anymore lol. But he's a known player from md/va and I'm happy Mik! Beat him. I've always wanted to go OoS to know how I compared to players outside FL.

I'm definitely a top 10 player in Cenreal Florida. I'm probably in that top 20 to 30 range in all of Florida. But I know I can get better.

I'm just playing inconsistently. I can't maintain a high level of play for a long time.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
This one will be under Israel I guess? :O

1st out of 11 / 11th Israeli online 3DS tournament / 13/6/15 / Israel

Lag was a serious issue in this tournament, but it was still a lot of fun and Adom and I have promised to verse each other offline at a later date as well as online. :grin:

Asa

Smash Hero
Smash FIght Club 7: 6/14/15
http://challonge.com/sfc7

4/83 in singles
3/30(i think?) in doubles

got double elim'd by jerm (robin). my boy had my number that day lol. possible vids to come. Doubles was fun, did double ness with ShadowFoxXD. It was our first time teaming so I was talking to him constantly throughout our sets while playing, helped a lot.

Last edited:

Noa.

Smash Master
Smash FIght Club 7: 6/14/15
http://challonge.com/sfc7

4/83 in singles
3/30(i think?) in doubles

got double elim'd by jerm (robin). my boy had my number that day lol. possible vids to come. Doubles was fun, did double ness with ShadowFoxXD. It was our first time teaming so I was talking to him constantly throughout our sets while playing, helped a lot.
Oh nice I didn't know Jerm was still playing. He played toon link in brawl right? Interesting that he's successful with Robin. I haven't seen many good Robins.
Good job doing so well in both singles and doubles.

Asa

Smash Hero
yeah he's in our crew of smashers , plays TL and robin, though he wants to focus more on robin

Meccs

@Meccs_
4th of 32 -GU Smash 4 weeklies
challonge.com/smash4gu61615
Not too happy because I know I couldve done better. Lost to very good players but I know the wins are right there... ugh.

Last edited:

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
4th of 32 -GU Smash 4 weeklies
challonge.com/smash4gu61615
Not too happy because I know I couldve done better. Lost to very good players but I know the wins are right there... ugh.
I know the feeling man. Sometimes, you just feel like you were so close, and you know you can beat them, but gosh darnit if I didn't just air dodge into the ground or roll into that smash! >.<

Noa.

Smash Master
All right OP updated!

9th out of 47/ Smash Mines #19/ 5-28-15/ San Diego, California
http://challonge.com/smsmash19
somehow i beat the 6th ranked player in my region
Hey somehow I missed replying to this when you first posted this. But good job taking out a member of our region's PR. That's always really good and beating a great player is a good feeling. You should keep going to tournaments and telling us about them here!

omgitsrichie

Smash Rookie
NNID
omgitsrichie
3DS FC
2938-7292-7430
Last edited:

Noa.

Smash Master
I have 2 to report (Fail Whale is my tag btw)

5 out of 26 / STL BarWarz Series V / 6-8-15 / St. Louis, MO
http://stlbarwarz.challonge.com/06082015smash

7 out of 37 / STL BarWarz Series V / 6-22-15 / St. Louis, MO
http://stlbarwarz.challonge.com/062215smash

Can't say I'm disappointed considering these are the two first tournaments I've ever played in. I keep getting knocked out by the same Yoshi and ZSS players though :|
Great job! I'm on mobile now but I can talk at length about the Yoshi and zss matchup.

omgitsrichie

Smash Rookie
NNID
omgitsrichie
3DS FC
2938-7292-7430
Great job! I'm on mobile now but I can talk at length about the Yoshi and zss matchup.
Would love to hear more. I actually elaborated a bit on my issues and linked to a stream in the general questions thread since I wasn't sure whether the matchups warranted a thread of their own. But yeah, advice would be greatly appreciated!

Asa

Smash Hero
tgc 4 Houston TX, 6/20/2015

17th/128 in singles
4th/33 in teams (swordsman & ness)

kind of derped and autopiloted against a yoshi, had a close set (2-1 last hit) with espy. Seige is still the best

Last edited:
Top Bottom