• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I Been on SWF for a Year Now

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I've been here for nearly 8 years and most people have more posts than me.
Most people that joined 5+ years ago have been passed post count wise (except for Mic and a couple others).

EDIT: The lurking excuse is sorta lame. It's so overused that I've seen at least 30 08er's (last year) say they were lurking since 07-06 (even some 05). Heck, I saw one person say he lurked for 6 years O_o. Not saying that's what you were trying to say. It's just a lot of people say that and seeing as there are so many 08ers I don't think it's anything bad to admit your an 08er (it's only a join date after all >_>). I'm also not trying to say that some people didn't lurk. They may have but for a whole year or even 2?

-:bowser:Bowser King

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Well, if that's true, then threads/blogs like this shouldn't exist in the first place.

e: Found my old account: http://www.smashboards.com/member.php?u=83011
Again, I never doubted that you were here since 07.

It's just that when people say " I lurked since ___" it seems pretty pointless. That's great and all but what's the need to tell people? This blog is more about this person's one year anniversary then about join date.

Anyway, lets leave it at that because were sorta leaving the main point of this thread.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I know, but I'm just saying if there's no point of saying, "I've been lurking for ____ years." then there's no point in saying "I've been a registered member for ____ years.". It's the same thing.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I know, but I'm just saying if there's no point of saying, "I've been lurking for ____ years." then there's no point in saying "I've been a registered member for ____ years.". It's the same thing.
He's reminiscing rather than stating how long he's been here.

It's just that looking back over the first year kinda thing.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
It's so he/she can celebrate his one year anniversary so I don't see whats so wrong. If I were to make a blog for my 2 year anniversary then that's a different story.

EDIT: ..and what teran said :p

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
There's a difference between randomly saying "Hai guise, I've been lurking since 200X!" and celebrating a year of SmashBoards. I will likely celebrate my one year anniversary just because of everything I've accomplished, everything that's changed.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I have awhile to go before I reach one year.
I'm the most active member on this site...

Chaco

Never Logs In
No your not Straked. You just refresh the page to reply fast and post alot, that's not the most active lol.

I coulda sworn you were at 1800 posts last week.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Nope. :) I just contribute to about 10 different character boards, hang out at the OTL.
I'm pretty much everywhere.

I think so. I might have gotten 800 posts these last 2 weeks.

auroreon

Smash Ace
No offence to all the people who have over 2000 posts in a couple of months, but I think one would be hard pushed to find that many oppertunities to make a contribution to discussion.
As you can probably tell from my post count and join date, I don't post a lot. That doesn't mean Im any less active...
When it comes to forums I try and stick to a personal rule, I don't post unless I am actively contributing to the matter being discussed.
I wouldn't suggest abolishing the post count feature as it is a useful feature, but I don't think people should place as much importance on post count. When I read threads, I always have to wade through pages of posts containing no content relevent or usefull to the discussion. What is the purpose of posting merely to agree with the person before you adding nothing to the discussion?
Unfortuantly the majority of posts are exactly that, it gets pretty old reading posts solely consisting of...
"Thats what she said." or "What he said." (Sorry sMexy-Blu and mario8498, I just needed an example, nothing personal, I don't mean anything by it.)

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
No offence to all the people who have over 2000 posts in a couple of months, but I think one would be hard pushed to find that many oppertunities to make a contribution to discussion.
As you can probably tell from my post count and join date, I don't post a lot. That doesn't mean Im any less active...
When it comes to forums I try and stick to a personal rule, I don't post unless I am actively contributing to the matter being discussed.
I wouldn't suggest abolishing the post count feature as it is a useful feature, but I don't think people should place as much importance on post count. When I read threads, I always have to wade through pages of posts containing no content relevent or usefull to the discussion. What is the purpose of posting merely to agree with the person before you adding nothing to the discussion?
Unfortuantly the majority of posts are exactly that, it gets pretty old reading posts solely consisting of...
"Thats what she said." or "What he said." (Sorry sMexy-Blu and mario8498, I just needed an example, nothing personal, I don't mean anything by it.)
Yeah I see that a lot. Though I don't think that a post has to be 100% useful for you to post it but it should at least have some meaning to it that is on-topic and helps the discussion. Recently, I've been seeing a lot of posts that are basically like "That's because he should be in steak tier" (no offense to sonic mainers that say things like that) but it happens quite often. I'm not trying to say that I haven't made a few mistakes for those who might take it that way.

Oh well, I don't even care about post count =/

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Illinialex?

10He posts like one million times a day
Nah. I post more than him.
Look at our join dates and you'll see what I mean.

Total Posts: 3,190
Posts Per Day: 33.00

Top Bottom