• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I am not 12, and this is a Tournament

NNID
Tofer_Magicant
Megafox and Tofer's Birthday tournament!

506 Bertetti
If any questions please call me
210-326-4310

I can house on Friday, but not on Saturday night.

Singles Entry Fee 5$
Doubles Entry Fee 5$
Waseda doubles 2$
Venue Fee 3$

There will be drinks, snacks, food, and cake.

Payout
1st 60%
2nd 30%
3rd 10%
4th A hug

General Gameplay Rules
3 Stocks
8 Minute Time Limit
Items set to "Off" and "None"
All infinites and chain grabs are legal.
Meta Knight's Infinite Cape Glitch and Extended Cape Glitch are banned.
There is a Ledge Grab Limit of 35 for Meta Knight and 50 for all other characters. If a game goes to time and one player goes over the Ledge Grab Limit for their character, they will automatically lose the game. If both players exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then this rule is ignored.
The act of stalling is banned: stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as becoming invisible, continuing infinites, chain grabs, or uninterruptible moves past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you.
Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
If the Ledge Grab Limit does not declare one player the winner, the winner will be declared by what the game says in all situations, except for when players are presented with sudden death:
In the event of a match going to time, the winner will be determined by who has less percent (stock difference still takes priority but will be shown in the results screen).
If the match ends with both players dying at the same time (either coincidentally or via suicide move) or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, a one stock three minute rematch will be played on the same stage. For a tie-breaker match, a Ledge Grab Limit of 13 is used for Meta Knight, and 18 for all other characters.

If you are not ranked A tier on the TXPR and beat someone who is, then I will give you 5$ from my own pocket.

Modified Rules for Doubles
Team Attack set to "On"
Life stealing is allowed.
In the event of a game reaching the time limit, if a single player on a team exceeds their Ledge Grab Limit, that team loses. If one or more players on both teams exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then the Ledge Grab Limit rule is ignored.
In the event of a game going to time and the Ledge Grab Limit can not determine a winner and both teams have an equal amount of combined stocks, then whichever team has a lower combined percent is declared the winner.
If a player is using the character Pokemon Trainer, Lucario, or Sonic, either team may request that team colors be changed to make it easier to tell the difference between team players.
Set Procedure
Player Priority is determined if it can not be agreed on. (See below for details)
Each Team selects one controller port to use for each Player.
Each Team selects one character for each Player. A double blind pick may be called by any player.
The first game is played on a Stage selected from the Starter Stage List either by mutual consent or through the Stage Striking Method. The order of stage striking will be 1-2-2-1 (Team 1 strikes a stage, followed by Team 2 striking two stages, with Team 1 then striking one of the two remaining stages).
The first match is played.
The team that lost the previous match may opt to re-pick controller ports (with themselves picking first).
The Team that won the previous match may announce one "Stage Ban" if they have not already done so in this set.
The Team that lost the previous match announces the stage for the next match from either the Starter or the Counterpick Stage List. Any Stage named as a "Stage Ban" by the either Team may not be selected. No Stage may be used by a Team that has already won on that Stage in this set.
The Team that won the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
The Team that lost the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
The next match is played.
Repeat steps 6-11 for all proceeding matches.

Waseda rules
WHAT'S WASEDA-STYLE DOUBLES?
Waseda-style doubles is essentially randomly paired teams with locked characters. Everyone writes down their name and the character they will be using throughout the event--no counterpicking allowed! Once all the names are gathered, two TOs pull at random two names. Those two players team using their respective characters.

Additionally, players in rank A and higher on the Texas Power Rankings can NOT use their main. At House of Mouse 1, Meta Knight was legal. If enough people vote for Meta Knight to be banned in Waseda, I'll ban him.

Waseda-style doubles forces players to both try interesting combinations and team with players they would otherwise NEVER team with, like my Bowser teaming with Razer's Meta Knight at House of Mouse 1. In this event, ANYONE has a shot at placing in the money.

Come on out and participate in the hottest side event in Texas!

Determining Player Priority
If there is a dispute in controller port selection or initiating Stage Strike use the following method:
Teams agree to Rock-Paper-Scissors, otherwise it is determined with a coin-flip. The winning Team shall either elect to have first choice in port selection or first choice in Stage Strike. Whichever Team does not receive first choice in Port Selection will be compensated with first choice in Stage Striking.
Note: In Doubles, port selection is ordered 1-2-2-1 fashion (with Team-1 having first choice in controller slot select, Team-2 having both second and third choice, and the final slot going to Team-1).
Stage List

Starters
Battlefield
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

Counterpicks
Battleship Halberd
Brinstar
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Pokemon Stadium 1
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise
Pictochat

Please everyone bring setups!

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
OH WOOPS THIS ISTHE DAY OF MY GRADUATION PARTy!!!

IT'S A NO GOO - BUT HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOFER

(i would rather go to this than my graduation party - but my parents are FORCING me to go to my own party, lame)

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
What kind of parents force you to go to your own party? Lame-o! :p

Tofer has a girl avatar what?

I approve! (y)

Reizilla

Picto was legal at HoM2, no? It wasn't banned until afterward.

Sync.

Smash Champion
Houston will be going to this. Well at least Gnes and I are going [:

I'm excited for little Megafox becoming a teenager! And Tofer for still being Tofer lol :p

Reizilla

Can someone pick me up from the bus station and house me?

Foxhound_Joshua

Smash Apprentice
Houston will be going to this. Well at least Gnes and I are going [:

I'm excited for little Megafox becoming a teenager! And Tofer for still being Tofer lol :p
I love how our little $5 tourneys generate so much hype. I still plan on doing some work here.

@Rei-gun: I probably can if no one else can. I'll find out soon.

:phone:

Reizilla

I need to go lose to more people so they can make the next SAPR.

obv

:131:

Top Bottom