• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I am hated for using Meta Knight.

Cheeseonastick

Smash Journeyman
Adjective

broken (comparative more broken, superlative most broken)

1. Bent to the point of coming apart, but not necessarily in separate pieces.

My arm is broken

2. Not working properly.

I think my shaver is broken.

3. Completely defeated and dispirited.

The bankruptcy and divorce, together with the death of his son, left him completely broken.

4. (software, informal) Badly designed or implemented.

This is the most broken application I've seen in a long time.

5. (sports and gaming) A single tactic or option which is powerful enough to be considered overpowered.

6. (meteorology) Of the sky, five eighths to seven eighths obscured by clouds.

7. (meteorology) Of clouds, covering five eighths to seven eighths of the sky.

If I knew how to on this website, I would've bolded five.... Just pay attention to it anyways.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Broken (Adj.)

1. (General) Something/Someone that is so good in a particular context that it eclipses second place.

2. (Games) A game object or facility that is too good to exist. It is so powerful that it is unbalancing and hence breaks the game. Every winning player has to use this to be competitive.

Entymology: The power cards from Magic The Gathering (Black Lotus, Time Walk, Ancestral Recall, all Moxen, etc) were so powerful and unbalancing that they were eventually banned from tournament play because they BROKE the game.
MK is not broken because he doesn't BREAK the game.

GTFO scrub

Cheeseonastick

Smash Journeyman
First off... You seem to have a bit of an anger problem.

Secondly, why do you have to rub it in my face that you can bold words? Not cool.

Third, your definition says you're right, mine says I am right. I suppose it's open to interpretation.

Or would you rather me post a 10 character-long insult as a response instead?

samdaballer

Smash Ace
tell them to suck yo d!ck, he's in the game, its not like his playability is only exclusive to you

Liquid_Penguin

Smash Rookie
MK is not so much overpowered as inanely easy to pick up. So was Shiek. Amazingly, players in mellee followed the same pattern with Shiek that people are now doing with MK. Get over it, he's an easy hero. The more players spam this character and his moves in tournaments, the sooner ways will be discovered to comfortably manage bandwagon players. Of course, there are players who will become genuinely skilled with MK, in which case it will be as viable as any character that someone's invested time with, IE Lucario, Peach, I dunno...DK? The downside of this is that people who excel with the MK hero will always have to deal with flak for picking up the easy character. They may win tournaments, prove that they're a skilled player, but it's a stigma. QQ, if you really like MetaKnight, then play him, who gives a ****. However, if you're only playing him to solely take advantage of other players current inexperience to the new games move sets, you're doomed to lose or switch mains later on.

D

Deleted member

I hate it when Snake/MK players say "People only complain about MK/Snake because they can't beat him" Well, thanks for stating the obvious! The reason people complain about them is obviously because Nintendo can't make a fighting game correctly.

The_Dark_Zero

Smash Cadet
Yes, your a scrub, Broken means overpowered in that case, he doesn't break the game, but he is overpowered. And, I'm not a kid.

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
well, i have different opinions about Meta Knight. Lemme explain why i like Meta Knight and why i think hes not that overpowered. (i know hes the best, but hes not unbeatable.)

Why i like him:
Meta Knight's attack looks cool and MK is cool 2.

Meta Knight's edgeguarding abilities are cool and i like to chase opponents who are off the stage. It makes me feel like: Come here u idiot and die.

I like his voice when he dies XD

He's a character that can combo very nice. I like to combo alot which can tell why i main Fox.

Downsides of Meta Knight i've noticed so far.

Hes light, you can kill him early.

Some of his attack doesnt do any big damage except for his Fair and tornado. I could've forgot a move tell me when i did.

His sword has almost no range, or little range. What i like is that his sword is bigger then himself. Excluding his wings lol.

MK has a hard time to kill. Fsmash has startup lag. Upsmash is just weak and doesnt kill aswell. The only moves i kill with are Chasing Fairs/Nairs. Shuttleloop and Dmash.

I know some people are going to flame me. This is just what i've noticed so far. I like Meta Knight alot and i hardly use his Mach Tornado (yes, im different XD). Instead i spam Shuttleloop alot i like that move.

The_Dark_Zero

Smash Cadet
I would flame you, but I'm not a flamer, and I'd rather have a good reputation, not a crappy everyone hates you reputation.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I dunno why, I always underestimate the links I face. Theres always some WTF type of weakness for most people, mine is link....Other than that my Meta is very good.
I understand what you're saying. Despite what tiers say, I can only beat my friend's Metaknight with Fox and Ike and I can only beat his Snake with Lucas. :dizzy: It's the goofiest thing.

Oh yeah. Mine is Mario. If I take him seriously. No problem but come on. He's freaking Mario.

I have to lose like 4 times before I'll even start trying.
Mario>you. Anyways, you're problem is that you're either freakishly good with Sonic or you haven't fought any good Mario mains because the match up is practically dead even. (Seems appropriate for the two rivals, wouldn't you say?)

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
Well since no1 flamed me yet, i think my post is ok. Now to get back on Meta Knight, hes cool and the best character. Though, i have 1 question: What makes MK superior to Snake? And the guy above me, hes right. Mario is so dammed annoying when he capes away my firefox X_X

The_Dark_Zero

Smash Cadet
4live, tiers are not fact, just throwing it out. And, Meta is NOT superior to snake, Snake is one of Meta's weaknesses.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Well since no1 flamed me yet, i think my post is ok. Now to get back on Meta Knight, hes cool and the best character. Though, i have 1 question: What makes MK superior to Snake? And the guy above me, hes right. Mario is so dammed annoying when he capes away my firefox X_X
Mario is a heavily underestimated character because barely anyone uses him. "OmG, mIdDlE oF mIdDlE tIeR? dO nOt WaNt!"

Anyways, why Metaknight is better than Snake:

1. Virtually no lag on most of his attacks.

2. Retardedly fast (despite not being the fastest character in the game, his attack speed definately makes up for it).

3. Four dependible methods of recovery. (Tornado, that twirly thing, shuttle loop, and gliding.)

4. Can eat through a majority of the game's attacks using the Mach Tornado.

5. Very easily strings attacks together.

6. Annoyingly good at gimping.

7. Great approaches.

8. Dsmash is the fastest smash attack in the game.

... I'm suddenly reminded why I dropped Metaknight as one of my mains...

The_Dark_Zero

Smash Cadet
Fatman, Dimensional Cape is also a method of recovery, so, correct me if I'm wrong, but Meta has the most recoveries in the game.

The_Dark_Zero

Smash Cadet
Affinity, I'm 23, and your comment is so ironic. you stated "GTFO scrub" to another user, and was a smartass to him/her, so yeahhhhh.....

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Fatman, Dimensional Cape is also a method of recovery, so, correct me if I'm wrong, but Meta has the most recoveries in the game.
I know but I said "dependible". The Dimensional Cape is for short distances but, if your opponent anticipates it, it's extremelly easy to edgehog and pretty easy to punish if your opponent is on the stage.

The_Dark_Zero

Smash Cadet
I've seen it as dependable. It does have short range, but it can be VERY punishing if used correctly.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Coming down after being knocked up *muffles a laugh* maybe, but I would only use if you are recovering with your opponent, you're slightly ahead of then , and they have already started to use their recovery. Either way, Shuttle Loop would be a better option in this situation like 95% of the time.

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
Its August and Meta is the best in the game, and he's getting even better. then theres the issue that the high % of metas in the tourney scene well probably cause a wide number of Meta Dittos in the finals. then factor his easy killing ability, and his easy to emply camping and stalling ability. yeah people will hate him, not you. and they have legitamate reason to. even many metas now play him because they know that they can't do it with any other character, so they say, "hey, this character has some powerful and safe things, why work on other characters when I can easily beast with meta?"

"The Akuma theory" - a future where most major tourneys will consist Meta dittos in the finals and over 50% metas in the top 10, is not far off, and we got this game basically yesterday. He will be banned in the future if people are thinking straight (either that or items put back on) but until then theres technically nothing wrong with using him, especially when money is involved, and that's your best chance.

in anycase, at least pick up a nice seconday and dont be a high tier ***** like M2K...

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Meta is good and that is the fact. Haters don't understand. See, I play to win. I play Snake, MK, and D3. I find the joy of winning alot more than that of losing. hell, I find it funner to win, than it is just ot play for fun.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Affinity, I'm 23, and your comment is so ironic. you stated "GTFO scrub" to another user, and was a smartass to him/her, so yeahhhhh.....
I'll admit I was out of line with that, but I don't like being called an idiot. I'm willing to forget this stupid argument and focus on more important topics if you are.

The_Dark_Zero said:
I've seen it as dependable. It does have short range, but it can be VERY punishing if used correctly.
How is MK's Dimensional Cape recovery punishing?

The_Dark_Zero

Smash Cadet
*stabs JayBee in heart with MK's sword* Get out. NOW. I do not use Meta because he is a high tier. In fact, I use him because of HOW HE PLAYS. Also, I really, really, REALLY despise your sig for wanting Meta banned at tournies. Also, I have 9 secondaries. Ness, Lucas, Pikachu, sonic, Snake, Captain falcon, luigi, King Dedede, and R.O.B.. So, I use 10 characters. But mostly meta. And, Ok affinity, his DC is punishing as a recovery from the side, hit them near the edge, after end lag rush at them. thats about it, it's more punishing than you'd think.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
*stabs JayBee in heart with MK's sword* Get out. NOW. I do not use Meta because he is a high tier. In fact, I use him because of HOW HE PLAYS. Also, I really, really, REALLY despise your sig for wanting Meta banned at tournies.
He's talking about Metaknight players in general, not you specifically. He has a freakishly low learning curve (no offense; keep in mind that he used to be one of my secondaries) and, as already stated, his strengths HEAVILY outweigh his weaknesses. He now even has the ability to become invinsible for decent periods of time.

I was one of the people who tested out the Infinite Dimensional Cape when it first was discovered and I supported it until I played one of my friend's, who I normally three stock on a regular basis, who was able to effectively use it multiple times during the match only a few days later. Granted, I still two stocked him during the match but it further woke me up to the reality that Metaknight is an insanely good character even in unexperienced hands.

This is the main problem with Metaknight as Jaybee described. There are a ton of people looking for an easy way out and Metaknight offers that in spades. If you legitimately like his playstyle, play as him but if you're tier whoring and refusing to play as anyone else, THEN we have a problem.

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
I wished there were people who played Meta Knight for who he is and now how good he is in Brawl. Does anyone here other than me even know his history other than him being Kirby's enemy and friend at the same time...

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I wished there were people who played Meta Knight for who he is and now how good he is in Brawl. Does anyone here other than me even know his history other than him being Kirby's enemy and friend at the same time...
I do and that was one of the reasons why I used to main him. I also liked how he follows a strict code of chivalry like I try to do.

J-Money

Smash Apprentice
I am hated cause i smell like ****. you are hated cause you use metaknight. Same thing cause we both stink

RATED

Smash Lord
I love kirby games and MK in the games so the first day that I played brawl it was before it release in USA , a friend of mine invited me to play in his college where he studies and I saw brawl and he lent me a controller to show me the game and I just picked MK bcuz I coudnt wait how was he in the game , and since that day I am using him. but I have more secondaries like : ROB, DDD and Snake

acv

Smash Journeyman
Its August and Meta is the best in the game, and he's getting even better. then theres the issue that the high % of metas in the tourney scene well probably cause a wide number of Meta Dittos in the finals. then factor his easy killing ability, and his easy to emply camping and stalling ability. yeah people will hate him, not you. and they have legitamate reason to. even many metas now play him because they know that they can't do it with any other character, so they say, "hey, this character has some powerful and safe things, why work on other characters when I can easily beast with meta?"

"The Akuma theory" - a future where most major tourneys will consist Meta dittos in the finals and over 50% metas in the top 10, is not far off, and we got this game basically yesterday. He will be banned in the future if people are thinking straight (either that or items put back on) but until then theres technically nothing wrong with using him, especially when money is involved, and that's your best chance.

in anycase, at least pick up a nice seconday and dont be a high tier ***** like M2K...
MK: light,gets KOed before 100%,no projectile,short attack range,low air speed,easily juggled.

stop whining.

RATED

Smash Lord
MK: light,gets KOed before 100%,no projectile,short attack range,low air speed,easily juggled.

stop whining.
yeah u have all the reason. man u did the most intelligent post in this thread thanks!:chuckle:

bucuz of that I use snake and DDD

Top Bottom