• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I am hated for using Meta Knight.

iceclimbersinfinent

Smash Apprentice
Meta Knight is pretty high in my known and acceptable tier list, i dont think he is good enough to be hated but he beats me every time when i use diddy and ice climbers, and you should see what they say to me about ice climbers and diddy, the metaknight that i vs is alot better than me and im good.

acv

Smash Journeyman
btw its hilarious how half of the charactersboards have threads on MK and threads on people quitting or chanching mains because they cant handle him.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
MK: light,gets KOed before 100%,no projectile,short attack range,low air speed,easily juggled.

stop whining.
Light: And Game and Watch is the lightest character in the game and they're both dominating tournaments despite it. Metaknight runs circles around powerful characters like Ike and DK anyways.

Gets KO'd before 100%- How often do you see good Metaknight's getting KO'd before 100%? Honestly...

No projectiles- Doesn't really matter considering he's an almost all out offensive character with some of the best approaches in the game.

Short Attack range- Doesn't really matter since he's constantly in people's faces, most of his attacks have disjointed hit boxes, and can easily string attacks together even if he whiffs one of them.

Low air speed- See above. Also, there's the Tornado and that drill attack of his (I forget what it's called) which definately help. He also has 5 jumps and fantastic ground speed so this is hardly an issue.

Easily juggled- I have yet to see a good Metaknight get juggled. Do you have any video evidence of this? If he can break out of Mario's utilt juggle at like 30% using a mere nair then I doubt he can be effectively juggled by very many characters.

SwastikaPyle

Smash Ace
I'll tell you the same thing my dad said when I dyed my hair blue years ago,

"If you're going to do something like that, you gotta be prepared for the comments they make."

null55

Smash Master
Wait... So, if Meta Knight is so ridiculously invincible/broken why hasn't he won every tournament?

Quez256

Smash Journeyman
Its August and Meta is the best in the game, and he's getting even better. then theres the issue that the high % of metas in the tourney scene well probably cause a wide number of Meta Dittos in the finals. then factor his easy killing ability, and his easy to emply camping and stalling ability. yeah people will hate him, not you. and they have legitamate reason to. even many metas now play him because they know that they can't do it with any other character, so they say, "hey, this character has some powerful and safe things, why work on other characters when I can easily beast with meta?"

"The Akuma theory" - a future where most major tourneys will consist Meta dittos in the finals and over 50% metas in the top 10, is not far off, and we got this game basically yesterday. He will be banned in the future if people are thinking straight (either that or items put back on) but until then theres technically nothing wrong with using him, especially when money is involved, and that's your best chance.

in anycase, at least pick up a nice seconday and dont be a high tier ***** like M2K...
Last time I checked, DDD is also relatively high-tier material, not top-tier, but speaking like a hypocrite will get nothing but flames. With all due respect, and to quote Affinity;
Broken = Unbeatable

MK ¥ Unbeatable,
ergo,
MK ¥ Broken

No Johns

And frankly, your sig is completely unrealistic, since if you take MK out of tournaments, who's next? Snake? Falco? G&W? Keep taking advantages out of a game? Welcome to Pong.

P.S: Samus, Ganon, Ike & DDD are my secondaries, but they need a bit of work, so please detain from any possible "tier *****" comments in my direction.

Quez256

Smash Journeyman
I wished there were people who played Meta Knight for who he is and now how good he is in Brawl. Does anyone here other than me even know his history other than him being Kirby's enemy and friend at the same time...
Not the precise details, but I liked MK since his first appearance in Kirby's Adventure. That whole code of chivalry, never really knowing who's side he's on, I admit Sakurai really gave him too much in Brawl, and because of that, seeing all the flames in the forums really is a disappointment to his character. The dimensional cape tech is really the nail in the coffin in that sense.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Wait... So, if Meta Knight is so ridiculously invincible/broken why hasn't he won every tournament?
Who said he had to in order to be freakishly good? I'm not for him being banned but I definately support less people using him. "Hey, who do you main? Metaknight? That's nice. Who are your secondaries? Snake, King Dedede, and Mr. Game and Watch you say? My, aren't we original..."

acv

Smash Journeyman
Light: And Game and Watch is the lightest character in the game and they're both dominating tournaments despite it. Metaknight runs circles around powerful characters like Ike and DK anyways.

Gets KO'd before 100%- How often do you see good Metaknight's getting KO'd before 100%? Honestly...

No projectiles- Doesn't really matter considering he's an almost all out offensive character with some of the best approaches in the game.

Short Attack range- Doesn't really matter since he's constantly in people's faces, most of his attacks have disjointed hit boxes, and can easily string attacks together even if he whiffs one of them.

Low air speed- See above. Also, there's the Tornado and that drill attack of his (I forget what it's called) which definately help. He also has 5 jumps and fantastic ground speed so this is hardly an issue.

Easily juggled- I have yet to see a good Metaknight get juggled. Do you have any video evidence of this? If he can break out of Mario's utilt juggle at like 30% using a mere nair then I doubt he can be effectively juggled by very many characters.
its not that hard to ko a MK before 100% with attacks like snake and DDD's utilt or fox's upsmash.

having no projectiles doesnt matter?wolf and falco disagree.

short attack range and low air speed dont matter either?see above.

he can break out of mario's utilt juggle.but it is harder to break out of other juggles such as snake's.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
its not that hard to ko a MK before 100% with attacks like snake and DDD's utilt or fox's upsmash.

Jigglypuff can technically be killed on Yoshi's Island at 0% with either Snake or Ike's fully charged Fsmash but that doesn't exactly mean that it will happen that much. Keep in mind that Game and Watch has this problem too and, like I said, this hasn't slowed them down in the least.

having no projectiles doesnt matter?wolf and falco disagree.

For Metaknight it doesn't because of the reasons I described. For characters like Toon Link, Zelda, and Lucas though, it's really important because their other approach options aren't that great and you're forced to be more defensive with these characters if you're up against someone who's at least equal to you in skill level.

short attack range and low air speed dont matter either?see above.

Did you even read my explanation?

he can break out of mario's utilt juggle.but it is harder to break out of other juggles such as snake's.
With utilt? That move has so much knockback that I seriously doubt that it could be used to juggle for more than like two attacks at low percentages on such a small and light character unless you tried to attack him upon coming down.

The_Dark_Zero

Smash Cadet
Hey acv, to your Falco/wolf projectile comment, ever heard of sidestepping or airdodging? OR ROLLING? All of which kill the projectiles, and once your in front of them, you don't stop killing them.

Knightfall

Smash Rookie
Meta knight rules! although, I think the tier issue plays a big part in his entry in tourneys, and such. :(
I play him for quickness and for meta haters, please don't complain about the wicked-fast attacks...

As for another plug, the fox/falco reflectors are subpar with the melee vers, imo. You could pull it out quickly and surprise some guy with a good projectle, but they just dont seem the same in brawl, especially for a certain someone... *cough* (falco...)*cough cough*

OK, im done now :)

Bramble

Smash Cadet
Do you know why people hate metaknight?

Because it gives you tier fgts the chance to feel good, which you necessarily aren't.

if you think you are good at this game, main a character other than Snake, Metaknight and King Dedede.

PS: Metaknight is not overpowered, just ridiculously easy to play.

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
*stabs JayBee in heart with MK's sword* Get out. NOW. I do not use Meta because he is a high tier. In fact, I use him because of HOW HE PLAYS. Also, I really, really, REALLY despise your sig for wanting Meta banned at tournies. Also, I have 9 secondaries. Ness, Lucas, Pikachu, sonic, Snake, Captain falcon, luigi, King Dedede, and R.O.B.. So, I use 10 characters. But mostly meta. And, Ok affinity, his DC is punishing as a recovery from the side, hit them near the edge, after end lag rush at them. thats about it, it's more punishing than you'd think.

Thats about the only move with punishable lag though. btw I was talking about the potential of the DC infinite stall but i guess u didn't know what I was referring to. Also, someone else who responded to my post said that I was whining and then said that meta has low weight, etc... oh i didn't know that. (JK) we all know that, the one real weakness he has is really negligable when you consider how easy it can be for him to touch you, and how hard it is to punish a good meta. And if that person refuses to at least be objective about this, then at least be honest to yourself and say you pick Meta just to win, like some people at least have the balls too. I pick meta too, that's why I know about how gay he is, and IMO if there was ever a bannable char, it may be him in about a year or so. But I don't wanna get into all of that, so forgive me, this isn't the thread for that.

Quez256, the sig is just to be funny, and provoke pro-metas. it has worked.
Fatmanonice, thank you for telling the truth.
edit: Shiro: "Wait... So, if Meta Knight is so ridiculously invincible/broken why hasn't he won every tournament?" that comment does not at all help. Im tired of hearing people say that like its the best sentance in the world. so what? believe it or not, some metas, suck. at. using. him. but they are everywhere, and wait a minute, how does that comment excuse how easy it is to use meta or win with him? do tell.

masterspeaks

Smash Apprentice
Who cares what people think if you use Meta Knight. They are just being scrubs, you are using the game to create the best possible outcome for your win. It would be like playing chess and not using the queen because it is a highly mobile piece. Scrub logic, "Durr the queen is cheap she can move in any direction 7 spaces". It is simple play as a character that has a chance against Meta Knight, or play a different game. No one is forcing them to play Brawl.

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
Who cares what people think if you use Meta Knight. They are just being scrubs, you are using the game to create the best possible outcome for your win. It would be like playing chess and not using the queen because it is a highly mobile piece. Scrub logic, "Durr the queen is cheap she can move in any direction 7 spaces". It is simple play as a character that has a chance against Meta Knight, or play a different game. No one is forcing them to play Brawl.
question: based on your logic, then we should all play meta, or quit brawl, right?

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
I play Meta Knight because i like him. Not on how overpowered he is. I think his moves are pretty kewl based on how the move looks, not how strong the moves are.

Masterspeaks is right in some parts, he is a character in brawl afterall. Hes not a hack so hes legal to use. The queen thingy gives a good example on how Meta Knight is. Though i can understand people who loses to MK being mad and all that.

I once lost from a K3. Which was a pro i know. He told me i was good so i accepted it. I was mad at first, but now i know the weaknesses from K3 which improved me alot when i battle K3. Same goes for MK really, MK is strong and overpowered but he has his weaknesses. Just find them and use them in your advantage.

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
wow... just realized something a bit funny...

Also, I have 9 secondaries. Ness, Lucas, Pikachu, sonic, Snake, Captain falcon, luigi, King Dedede, and R.O.B.. So, I use 10 characters. But mostly meta.
nine secondaries? jesus. its like you dont have a real secondary, if you think about it.

samdaballer

Smash Ace
Do you know why people hate metaknight?

Because it gives you tier fgts the chance to feel good, which you necessarily aren't.

if you think you are good at this game, main a character other than Snake, Metaknight and King Dedede.

PS: Metaknight is not overpowered, just ridiculously easy to play.
the best players do main snake d3 and mk you prick

masterspeaks

Smash Apprentice
question: based on your logic, then we should all play meta, or quit brawl, right?
Nope, either play a character you can win with, without whining about how unfair life is. Or then you can quit Brawl. If a fighting game is so unbalanced that only one character can win, it's not worth playing anyway.

Sunstar

Smash Apprentice
i played kirbys fun pak, where i met meta knight for the first time

As i saw the first brawl video where meta knight was shown i thought: "wow... it's meta knight"
the game was not released and you could know about the characters just theoretically...
i tried to inform me about meta knight just as much as a can... he is so cool... mysterious...
i really like him... even before i know which characters will come to brawl i decided to main meta knight (if bomberman or ark (from terranigma the last (and best) snes game) would have joined... it would have been difficult... but... no bomberman or ark in brawl xD)

then: the release in japan: i tried to watch as many meta knight movies as i could...
then: the release in the usa: more videos with meta knight! ^^
he really seems to be a quite good character... but i also heard that jigglypuff now is really powerful... just like G&W... but my frieds and me agreed, that ike or marth must be the strongest in the game (we just had the videos and our theoretical knowledge... so...)

then the release in europe:
first it is a duty to play the classicmode with mario i thougt... i did so... directly followed by playing the classic mode with meta knight...
i directly get to know, that meta knight is much easier to play then mario... i was happy that he was my predestined main

one of my frieds (who was freaking good at melee) always cries when i destroy his marth, lucas or wolf with my mk (btw: mk is a really nice abbreviation... it remembers me of the mountain king of warcraft 3 (my favorite hero there)... he is powerful... just like meta knight ^^)
but all others say that meta knight is a fair character... "he maybe fast and has really good attacks" they say "but he is very light and sometimes he has problems to KO others on greater stages"

i personally have not ever fought against a (really) good meta knight player... i do not know how dangerous this 'spiny steel ball' (as one of my friends calls him) is... so i just can talk out of the meta knight player posiotion... not of the meta knight fighter position:

he is cool and maybe the most offensiv character in the game (which is really nice :D)

i personally think that there is no reason to hate meta knight players

Clouderz

Smash Ace
lol affinity, you act like your god on this forums, the way you talk, your advice (advice is good but still, you dont need to give it if they dont need it) and the way you act

Disgraceful, you say "lol your noob if you play online with MK, it'll wreck your offline play" not true at all, i basically play 50% offline and 50% offline, and it doesnt bother me AT ALL im the same either way, i like to call myself good

and for people who say "lol your noob if you main MK cause he's cheap h4x and you only use good chars"
what about the people who WANTED to use MK since the beginning of the release, i have, i love MK, idc if he's god tier / **** tier, i'd still use him, but the fact being that he's one of the best chars doesnt mean you should be insulted if you use him

and Affinity, you cant tell someone to Not play MK online, if they enjoy doing so, because some people can be good both offline / online, so really, you have no idea what your talking about

The_Dark_Zero

Smash Cadet
I do NOT pick Meta to win, I just like to play him. Thats the truth. I win all the time and lose some, but I could care less when I lose. Meta was my Pick ever since E3 06. That is a fact for you.

Top Bottom