• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Hyrule Warriors

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Will there be any more Hyrule Warriors patches or DLC?

What do you think? I don't think so actually. My reasoning is this:

1. This image from the Boss DLC trailer makes me think the thanks for playing is in the past tense. Like "show's over, thanks for playing".

2. Level cap of 255. We all know the Zelda 1 reference there. But that amount really feels like that were aiming for this and that there will be no more levelling up patches.

3. The medal for getting every other medal in game feels so final like that's it, can't be any more medals because that's the one you get from getting them all. Sure they could add more after this but I just feel that this is it.

What do you think? Do you disagree and think there will be more patches and DLC to this game?
I'll probably guess that the Boss Pack is the final DLC that will raise the level cap, and increase your medal list. Any other planned DLC will probably just be alternate costumes, and nothing more.

the8thark

Smash Lord
Time for a sequel!

Seriously though, I need it, I'm craving new maps and characters I actually care about. Where's nabooru, medli, tetra, skull kid? Instead we get a second midna, a second link and tingle although this could just be because they don't wanna add story important characters through DLC
And Groose. I think we all wanted Groose as a playable character too.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
And here I'm hoping for this.

But I agree about Nabooru and Saria (Lana can give her deku staff, seriously). Rauru could also be a nice addition.
Groose is the only missing character from SS who is important.
Skull Kid, obviously, from MM. But also Cremia / Malon. She is fairly popular, and could be some sort of joke character.
I guess the characters from TP are what we needed. I still feel like One character from the resistance would be cool. But not necessary.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
They also need to represent more areas throughout the series, maybe we could add Majora's Mask, Wind Waker and Zelda Wii U (Assuming this would come out next year) along with their respective characters and locations. I'd love to see clock town or the Forsaken fortress in the Hyrule Warriors style. Also the lanayru mines, Snowpeak and Lon Lon ranch would make great new stages for the old eras.

And here I'm hoping for this.

But I agree about Nabooru and Saria (Lana can give her deku staff, seriously). Rauru could also be a nice addition.
Groose is the only missing character from SS who is important.
Skull Kid, obviously, from MM. But also Cremia / Malon. She is fairly popular, and could be some sort of joke character.
I guess the characters from TP are what we needed. I still feel like One character from the resistance would be cool. But not necessary.
Ashei plz

Also Linkle as a redesigned Arryl would be amazing

Last edited:

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
If you saw the Boss pack DLC trailer video you will have known that it has been advertised. And the way in which it was advertised was intentional I think. As a secret thing for people to find.
Ah whoops. I missed that bit. I assumed it was the usual pricing and release info that they usually have at the end.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
They also need to represent more areas throughout the series, maybe we could add Majora's Mask, Wind Waker and Zelda Wii U (Assuming this would come out next year) along with their respective characters and locations. I'd love to see clock town or the Forsaken fortress in the Hyrule Warriors style. Also the lanayru mines, Snowpeak and Lon Lon ranch would make great new stages for the old eras.
Well, so far, we had content (background and characters) from the 4 "realistic" Zelda games. Characters like Tetra or Aghanim would probably need a redesign. And it would probably be awesome.

Another thing that Hyrule Warriors lack to me is the units. I think that simply adding Zoras (the TP ones clearly can fight) or Gerudos (with Iron Knuckles) would improve the game.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Well, so far, we had content (background and characters) from the 4 "realistic" Zelda games. Characters like Tetra or Aghanim would probably need a redesign. And it would probably be awesome.

Another thing that Hyrule Warriors lack to me is the units. I think that simply adding Zoras (the TP ones clearly can fight) or Gerudos (with Iron Knuckles) would improve the game.
I don't think that's really necessary, Just give them more realistic textures like brawl did with toon link and they should look fine. Their proportions might look a little strange but I don't think it matters too much. Plus changing them would loose some of the charm and character they have. What I think would be weirder is redesigning Wind Waker characters but no one else

Also YAAAASSS, we have goron units so I really don't understand why we don't have Zora's

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Well, a redesign would at least be interesting. I'd prefer that, Brawl really killed Toon Link to me (SSB4 Toon Link is fine on the other hand).

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
I've managed to get the rupee glitch multiple times. In the Majora's Mask map, there's a Ghirahim mission that you need to beat before you can get Cia's mask costume, which I really wanted, and I couldn't beat the Ghirahim mission, so I used the rupee glitch to level him up to level 150. So now he's tied for third on my highest leveled character.

KoE

Smash Rookie
This game is absolutely amazing. Unfortunately, the more you get into the DLC the more fatiguing it ends up feeling. I almost completed everything on the Twlight Princess DLC, and the last few maps are really hard for seemingly no reason, and I'm about to call it quits after a month and a half of binge playing. Ganon pack should be fun at least, I finally get to play as the Demon King's true form.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Well, the Boss Pack is finally out internationally, and I got to try out Ganon's Fury.

I can't believe the nastiness that exists in those challenges, as just about every enemy can deal a lot of damage to Ganon, and some of them can even 1-hit KO him, regardless of his health. To add insult to injury, Ganon's attacks don't seem to heavily damage the enemy captains, along with the giant bosses.

Sadly, you can't access the Bazaar with Ganon, so you pretty much have to resort to doing a lot of battles to level grind.

pmort

Smash Cadet
AYYYYYY, a Hyrule Warriors thread! I've been playing this nonstop since I 100%'d Smash and I bet I've put in TWICE as much time on this just so far than I have in Smash in total.

Currently slogging through the Boss Pack (A ranked all of Ganon's stuff, had him finished off at level 90 which is fine with me, doing the last bit that stems from that)…boring as hell, but I got to 100% that medal page.

Otherwise I have Twilight & Termina maps left in Adventure mode, which I'm sort of concerned about, as well as rescuing 500 people and helping 10 Network links. All characters maxed out at 255 (thank god for rupee glitch). I'm actually sitting at 10 mil just from all the money I'm not spending & weapons I'm selling during the Challenge/Fury modes.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Boredom and low attention span have me jumping from map to map/every other mode.

Last I recall, I was bemoaning A Ranking the 1,000 kills/10 minute Agitha mission. More so laziness, considering I A Rank'd Termina's Dark Ruler Mission while being ridiculously underleveled without so much as a sweat.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The other day, I defeated the Dark Ruler on the Master Quest map, but I still have some more battles that I have to A-rank, and there's also the Master Quest Gold Skulltulas that I have to catch too.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Been playing this a lot more, trying to 100% it before I go for the DLC, not counting max levels for that one though lol.

I am enjoying this game a lot though I wish the drops were a bit kinder sometimes.

pmort

Smash Cadet
I saw the notice recently for update/patch v. 1.6.1

Assuming they fixed stuff like the Rupee glitch?
Everything I've read said the rupee glitch still works. I haven't had to do it since but I've seen a few threads over on GF that says people are still pulling it off post-update.

The Termina & Twilight maps stink. Not so much the difficulty or how hard enemies hit, but the character limits you're stuck with, especially early on, are bad. I am not fond of Agitha, or Summoning Gate Lana, and both of those are required in the very early goings of these two maps. I just want to unleash Twili Midna on some no-strings attached curb stomping.

Been playing this a lot more, trying to 100% it before I go for the DLC, not counting max levels for that one though lol.

I am enjoying this game a lot though I wish the drops were a bit kinder sometimes.
Fair warning my dude, but the DLC is probably about 2.5 x bigger than the core game. I shudder to think of how many hours I've already sunk in it, but I wouldn't be surprised if I already bypassed 400.

Last edited by a moderator:

ThatNintendoDude

Smash Apprentice
NNID
THATNINTEND0DUDE
3DS FC
3437-3553-0356
FINALLY unlocked all the items in the first Adventure Map. Now I can work on getting those 25,000 kills with the Master Sword and play the DLC maps. I'll come back for the heart pieces and skulltulas. Maybe.

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
Started playing Hyrule Warriors like a week ago, and really enjoying it. Did the story mode to unlock the majority of characters and I'm on adventure mode now. Who else enjoys this game?

Heck, my youtube channel is a Smash channel, but now I'm starting a Hyrule Warriors series on it because I like it so much and people should really check it out themselves. Action packed, but the real meat is in the strategy and tactics.

Episode 1:

Episode 2:

It's going to be an ongoing series alongside my regular Smash 4 commentary content (which I hope you guys check out too!)

:happysheep:

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
So... This just leaked...

I'll put this in spoilers.
TETRA. THE KING. THE MOTHERF***ING KING.

Looking at Tetra's part, they will be available on WiiU too.

AND THAT MUSIC.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
So... This just leaked...

I'll put this in spoilers.
TETRA. THE KING. THE MOTHERF***ING KING.

Looking at Tetra's part, they will be available on WiiU too.

AND THAT MUSIC.
I came here just to post this but I guess you beat me to it, new Hyrule Warriors stuff though so I can't be mad. Plus it looks like you can switch between characters on the fly which is weird but also pretty cool

Also, ABOUT TIME THEY ADDED WIND WAKER STUFF

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
So we don't care about actual spoils? :troll:

Anyway, I really hope that you don't NEED the 3DS game to port Tetra and the King on WiiU.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
So we don't care about actual spoils? :troll:

Anyway, I really hope that you don't NEED the 3DS game to port Tetra and the King on WiiU.
Isn't this on Koei tecmo's youtube page? I know it's unlisted but still

I really hope so too, I also don't see why they're making this in the first place but if it means Tetra being playable I'll go along with it

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
It's the closest I'll ever get to the CDI King being playable, I'll take it!

And I haven't gotten to see the video, but apparently Tetra uses a gun? Interesting. First time we've seen a firearm in Zelda.

finalark

SNORLAX
It's the closest I'll ever get to the CDI King being playable, I'll take it!
I can see it now. For his musou attack he raises his goblet high into the air and then cries, "MAH BOI, THIS PEACE IS WHAT ALL TRUE WARRIORS STRIVE FOR" as blasts of magic rain down upon his enemies.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I can see it now. For his musou attack he raises his goblet high into the air and then cries, "MAH BOI, THIS PEACE IS WHAT ALL TRUE WARRIORS STRIVE FOR" as blasts of magic rain down upon his enemies.
I'd want it so bad. CDI is awful, but it's the best kind of awful. 10/10 would King.

edit: Oh, and I found the trailer (ZeldaUniverse has it) and man, Tetra and Daphnes look awesome! I'm wondering how the non-New 3DS is going to handle so many things on the screen at once though; the graphics don't look too scaled down.

Last edited:

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
I'm surprised they're actually putting Tetra & King Daphnes in the 3DS version. I thought they couldn't put characters from the Toon games in HW because of the art style.

*hopes for Toon Link to be in*

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Yeah, somehow, I'm a little bit dissapointed to not see them getting a HW makeover BUT they look great and faithful!
It's just that so far, every characters were from the "realistic" games. They clearly opened a door for more characters.

INCLUDING LINKLE! We can see her crossbow during the trailer!

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Yeah, somehow, I'm a little bit dissapointed to not see them getting a HW makeover BUT they look great and faithful!
It's just that so far, every characters were from the "realistic" games. They clearly opened a door for more characters.

INCLUDING LINKLE! We can see her crossbow during the trailer!
I didn't really expect them to change much considering the other one game exclusive characters (minus sheik) plus now we have the toon style which opens a nice window for Vaati to get

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I didn't really expect them to change much considering the other one game exclusive characters (minus sheik) plus now we have the toon style which opens a nice window for Vaati to get
Well, I just wanted to see a realistic Tetra. It could be interesting. But as we said, keeping the art style is a good thing too, and open doors!

It also makes sense, when we look at the enemies, a Stalchild, a SS Bokoblin and a TP Darknut doesn't really goes well together for the art style, but the are imported faithful to each universes. Or even the characters, Tingle is still kinda different from the other characters, art style wise.

wingedarcher7

The PSI Powerhouse
NNID
speedstar623
3DS FC
3411-2028-1159
Giving the 3DS the characters from a game that got a port on the WiiU does seem like a pretty odd decision, but I'm excited for this nonetheless! I'm glad they stuck with the original designs on the characters, they just work the way they are.

Some rumors were going around about this happening too

We could discuss this too, I'd personally love to see it, but I'm not sure how well integrated it could be in terms of moveset and how odd it might look..if it turns out to be true, of course.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Giving the 3DS the characters from a game that got a port on the WiiU does seem like a pretty odd decision, but I'm excited for this nonetheless! I'm glad they stuck with the original designs on the characters, they just work the way they are.

Some rumors were going around about this happening too
We could discuss this too, I'd personally love to see it, but I'm not sure how well integrated it could be in terms of moveset and how odd it might look..if it turns out to be true, of course.
It could work if they gave him Caliburn, otherwise I don't see it working well

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
This Sonic picture is definitely fake. Between the blurred background and Sonic coming right from a Sonic Lost World artwork, not blending with the HW artwork...

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
Also, more characters were confirmed as well... I'm still hoping for Groose myself, but the lack of non-main Female warriors in the main game annoyed me a bit, I mean there are several great diverse canidates: Veran(Oracles), Nabooru(personal pick, Axe Wielder would be cool, and a non Ganondorf Gerudo; OoT/MM if you count evil Gerudo Queen as alt skin), Twinrova(OoT), and Ashei(I think that was her name, Freedom Fighter warrior from Twilight Princess).

Malon(and her look-alikes), and Saria are obvious absences as well

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Also, more characters were confirmed as well... I'm still hoping for Groose myself, but the lack of non-main Female warriors in the main game annoyed me a bit, I mean there are several great diverse canidates: Veran(Oracles), Nabooru(personal pick, Axe Wielder would be cool, and a non Ganondorf Gerudo; OoT/MM if you count evil Gerudo Queen as alt skin), Twinrova(OoT), and Ashei(I think that was her name, Freedom Fighter warrior from Twilight Princess).

Malon(and her look-alikes), and Saria are obvious absences as well
Vaati would be an awesome choice as well, Oh and Groose since Skyward Sword has so little representation character-wise

Top Bottom