• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Hyrule Hangout - Sheik Social

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
We haven't talked about Meta Knight much these days. He's a really good fighter that we need to not take for granted. I'm watching some replays of Leo and Ito. Sick stuff.

exnecross

Smash Journeyman
We haven't talked about Meta Knight much these days. He's a really good fighter that we need to not take for granted. I'm watching some replays of Leo and Ito. Sick stuff.
Mk has a really easy time killing Sheik early, relative to most of the roster. A featherweight faster-faller is absolutely perfect for his uair to up-b strings. Furthermore, getting caught with his near lagless f-smash will kill extremely early. However, MK's main movement (empty short hops, etc) are largely the same for Sheik, except she does it better. Sheik also outranges MK, and MK is pretty easy to combo himself. MK's setups are predictable. MK doesn't have an answer for needles. It's a MU that Sheik should win as long as she plays safe and cautious.

I personally play a bit more defensive against MK, as Sheik doesn't really have a reason to approach him. Adapting to MK's approach options (typically dash attack or empty hop into grab) and answering back with well spaced fairs seems to be the way to go. If the MK doesn't want to approach, we have needles for pressure.

Also grats Absol Absol , hope to see more collaborations between you and Deku in the near future, those videos are always a great watch.

Last edited:

Wuzyin

Smash Rookie
NNID
TapenNinja
so i guess ill hop in this thread by introducing myself if thats ok

im wuzyin, a garbage shiek main from southwestern ohio. in theory, i should be great at this game, but in practice my defense is weak and my tech skill is plain bad.

hopefully i can learn a few things here that will help me suck less

exnecross

Smash Journeyman

im wuzyin, a garbage shiek main from southwestern ohio. in theory, i should be great at this game, but in practice my defense is weak and my tech skill is plain bad.

Welcome :) Sheik is definitely a time investment. Practice makes perfect when it comes to tech.

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345

Howdy, Wuzyin! as exnecross said, it'll take a lot of time and patience to get good with Sheik, but once you do, you'll be hard to beat. We've got some great threads with general info on using her, and feel free to ask us about specific problems you're having!

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
Well, the Back Room has released their first Smash 4 tier list, and of course Sheik's on top. I do like that they have ZSS and RosaLuma up there with her, though, as the popular idea that she's miles ahead of anyone else is pretty stupid. I don't know why they voted and released it today, though, since we're getting DLC characters and a patch in two days, but I don't suppose it'll shake things up too drastically.

Simikins

Nerfed
3DS FC
0447-8060-8710
Well, the Back Room has released their first Smash 4 tier list, and of course Sheik's on top. I do like that they have ZSS and RosaLuma up there with her, though, as the popular idea that she's miles ahead of anyone else is pretty stupid. I don't know why they voted and released it today, though, since we're getting DLC characters and a patch in two days, but I don't suppose it'll shake things up too drastically.
I find it interesting that people put ZSS so high. Personally I think she has flaws that can be heavily exploited (Such as no rising aerials hitting a grounded opponent, she has to SHFF them). I mean dabuz vs nairo at G3, dabuz knew the matchup and exploited ZSS's weaknesses.

I personally find it odd that they released one 2 days before another balance patch and 2 new characters. Whelp.

And I love that Ranai made people put villager so high. He's so damn good at his character omg.

Overall I think it was pretty good, (but some of the players they had voting didn't have much experience with lots of the cast) and I'm glad our ninja was unanimously voted as #1 :D

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
Zelda being worst when ganon and jiggs exist is a joke.

I also dont see the logic of having greninja olimar and lucario over ike.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
User was warned for this post
I hope you guys finally get the nerfs you deserve next patch.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
I hope all Sheik mains are prepared for salty bottom tier mains who complain top tiers aren't nerfed.

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
Oh lawdy, not this again.

In any competitive game, there will be characters that are better than others. Complaining about that is a waste of your time and effort.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
I'm gonna go on USF4 forums and complain why Poison isn't top tier. my hot waifu has to has nice things, and not only Elena and Evil Ryu.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Oh lawdy, not this again.

In any competitive game, there will be characters that are better than others. Complaining about that is a waste of your time and effort.
Yeeeaaaah, BUT!!! (It's a big but, as you can see.)

I COULD pester you for the heck of it!
So yeah, you're all disgusting people who only play whatever's on the TOP of the tier list.

Ahh, that made me feel better.
Later, DULLARDS!!

Last edited:

Simikins

Nerfed
3DS FC
0447-8060-8710
Yeeeaaaah, BUT!!! (It's a big but, as you can see.)

I COULD pester you for the heck of it!
So yeah, you're all disgusting people who only play whatever's on the TOP of the tier list.

Ahh, that made me feel better.
Later, DULLARDS!!
People like you crack me up.
So we play someone good, which makes us horrible people. We play someone bad... everyone loves us because they can take us out at tournaments. You coming at us with the hardcore mindgames!!!

You'll also find that most of us here on the boards stuck to sheik since brawl (Where she was absolute trash but still a FREAKIN NINJA) and have you thing you low tier mains like to call 'character loyalty' :)
http://smashboards.com/threads/why-do-you-use-sheik.414694/ <- Read that thread m8
Most sheik boards players dont care where she is on the tier list, it's the reddit kids you have to worry about.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
People like you crack me up.
So we play someone good, which makes us horrible people. We play someone bad... everyone loves us because they can take us out at tournaments. You coming at us with the hardcore mindgames!!!

You'll also find that most of us here on the boards stuck to sheik since brawl (Where she was absolute trash but still a FREAKIN NINJA) and have you thing you low tier mains like to call 'character loyalty' :)
http://smashboards.com/threads/why-do-you-use-sheik.414694/ <- Read that thread m8
Most sheik boards players dont care where she is on the tier list, it's the reddit kids you have to worry about.
Stop using logic.
God, you're making me look like a TOTAL LOSER!

GEEZ.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
Here, let me punch myself in the face and then blame YOU for not stopping me!!

{Kyro}

Smash Apprentice
I can't believe there are still people that think Jigglypuff isn't the worst character in the game at this point

Absol

Sucker Punch
NNID
xenxio
I can't believe there are still people that think Mii swordfighter isn't the worst character in the game at this point

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
I can't believe there are still people that think Ganondorf isn't the worst character in the game at this point

Rebel13

Banned via Warnings
Felt the need to pop in because patch time, and look, a debate! My 2 cents here is that:

I used to main Zelda. I have always played Ganon. Ganon is MUCH better than Zelda. Don't you even try and argue otherwise. His neutral is just as bad and his recovery is worse, but he has better aerials and more reward for landing hits, and in general is more threatening because his kill moves are a lot easier to land. Tho I think puff is the worst..........

Last edited:

_Tree

The no-more hero
NNID
DekuBaba
3DS FC
1891-1276-1936
May I request someone trustworthy ( ArikadoSD ArikadoSD , Absol Absol , WondrousMoose WondrousMoose , Simikins Simikins etc) to make the Sheik patch notes thread when the patch drops? I would, but I don't have access to a computer atm. I'll be in there to infract low-tier complainers, but I won't be able to run the thread.

Make sure to mark it as official, and to outline that I'll infract any complainers in the OP (check the previous patch thread for a good template).

Whoever makes the thread will be adorned with Deku hearts <3.

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
May I request someone trustworthy ( ArikadoSD ArikadoSD , Absol Absol , WondrousMoose WondrousMoose , Simikins Simikins etc) to make the Sheik patch notes thread when the patch drops? I would, but I don't have access to a computer atm. I'll be in there to infract low-tier complainers, but I won't be able to run the thread.

Make sure to mark it as official, and to outline that I'll infract any complainers in the OP (check the previous patch thread for a good template).

Whoever makes the thread will be adorned with Deku hearts <3.
I've already got the update thread, so I'll cover the patch.

Also, what's a Deku heart? Is it like an artichoke heart?

Last edited:

Simikins

Nerfed
3DS FC
0447-8060-8710
_Tree _Tree WondrousMoose WondrousMoose
I can keep my version on pre patch for quick testing if need be.
Moose I reckon make a new thread like we have every patch, and once all changes are confirmed lock it and move the info to the sticky you've got.
And Tree I thought only staff could add those fancy "Official" tag things .-.

I AKU I

Smash Cadet
NNID
murphed
I look forward to reading your completed patch notes. Nairo was in Japan and was able to play the new version before us. He claimed that he "did not notice any changes to: ryu, zss, rosa, SHEIK, zelda or cloud." Fingers crossed!

I'd be kinda sad if Zelda wasn't buffed though. I've been having a lot of fun playing her lately. I just wish she'd be viable like she was in the earlier versions of PM. It's still sooo satisfying to beat someone with her after they cry about how OP Sheik is.

D

Deleted member

Windbox too strong. Also, I didn't know that Sheik could combo pivot ftilt into a spike. Found that out today.

Enough webms from me now :)
How did you make the video and put it up like that? Can't seem to figure out how...

Top Bottom