• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Hyrule Hangout - Sheik Social

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
The thing here is that I don't really agree with the philosophy behind always nerfing the top character. There is always going to be a top character, nerfing the #1 spot every once in a while is terrible and only leads to the game's inevitable deterioration.

Some fixes to the engine and buffs (the Ike treatment is well. give it to other characters) would enhance the game while still keeping it fun for casuals which seems to be what turns Sakurai on so much, I don't understand why Nintendo don't realize this. I bet casuals don't even know what buffs Ike got besides his dash attack killing.

Last edited:

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
Change isn't a bad thing, but I agree with @ ArikadoSD ArikadoSD 's point. Nerfing the top character just dumbs everyone down. I'm fine with Sheik getting a hit or two, but until her "dominating the neutral" translates to dominating tournaments, I'd say she's more-or-less fine as she is.

ZeroSnipist

Smash Apprentice
Hey Shiek players! We from the Ryu boards are making a doubles thread. The purpose of the thread is to find the best partner for Ryu. I'm going to invite as many people I can at once and get discussions going on all at once. We invite you to our dojo and hope you could help us discuss Shiek and Ryu in doubles. Thank you in advance!

Wattz

Smash Rookie
NNID
Sarcasticgengar
3DS FC
5412-9971-3818
Is it too late to join the sheik skype group?

_Tree

The no-more hero
NNID
DekuBaba
3DS FC
1891-1276-1936
The thing here is that I don't really agree with the philosophy behind always nerfing the top character. There is always going to be a top character, nerfing the #1 spot every once in a while is terrible and only leads to the game's inevitable deterioration.

Some fixes to the engine and buffs (the Ike treatment is well. give it to other characters) would enhance the game while still keeping it fun for casuals which seems to be what turns Sakurai on so much, I don't understand why Nintendo don't realize this. I bet casuals don't even know what buffs Ike got besides his dash attack killing.
This is why I like you ArikadoX.

But on a more relevant note could someone direct me to the thread that talks about Needles into Bouncing Fish? I kinda...forgot...where it is...

(Sheik needs F-air and Needle nerfs. F-air's range and Needles' disruption is a little too strong. Aside from that She's good. I can elaborate if people want, but I feel the others here have done a good job voicing the correct balancing ideas).

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
Met a Lucario in bracket today who 3-0'd my Sheik/ZSS last tournament, and I realized going Sheik/ZSS against him was a pretty bad idea...

Went Roy and destroyed Lucario lmao. Screw the Sheik Luke mu, I seriously hate that + sheik yoshi.

Keeseman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Keeseman
3DS FC
2251-4754-4791
Just ordered the adapter for my GC controllers today (finally). Now I'm super pumped to try out all these amazing Sheik techs everyone's been posting.

Last edited:

Joaco

Triforce of Wisdom
NNID
JoacoRyu8
Met a Lucario in bracket today who 3-0'd my Sheik/ZSS last tournament, and I realized going Sheik/ZSS against him was a pretty bad idea...

Went Roy and destroyed Lucario lmao. Screw the Sheik Luke mu, I seriously hate that + sheik yoshi.
I'm seriously thinking going Ganondorf against Lucario

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
I'm seriously thinking going Ganondorf against Lucario
I was staring at the character menu for a while.. was thinking of ZSS, Fox, or Marth (secondaries/pockets i play), and Roy which i'm less confident with than those 3. I also considered Falcon and Ganon a bit before deciding cuz a guy told me Falcon's pretty good against Lucario and I would have had to rely on my fundamentals/disrespect skills to win against Lucario with Falcon lol.

Stared at the character menu for like a minute before settling on Roy, which I actually ended up doing really well with. I would assume Ganon wouldn't be a bad pick at all, but i like roy's fast mobility.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
I was playing fine, playing at least in a level I was proud of.
So the university exams began and I stop to play for ~40 days, and now I suck hard.

My spacing is now so bad, I'm taking so more shield-grabs than I should in a match.
Did you guys think it's really normal to become much worse after a not so long interval of time without playing ?
Something like that already happened with you?
I'm accepting any tips.
(I want to attend in a tourney in a week and I just want to play as good as I did before.)
-----------------------------------------
PS: I would really enjoy play some dittos online too, but I'm not from USA so maybe the lag will turn the game unplayable.

moxiethekid

Smash Rookie
NNID
moxiethekid
Hello! Honestly, I really need some pointers to improve my gameplay, and I'm glad I came across this thread, my Skype is MoxieTheGawd

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
So I was just messing around training mode, and I realized that FF fair to bouncing fish is actually a true kill combo (killing Bowser near the edge at 111% or so)

It just seemed to me that that was too good to be true xD If anyone's seen this before, any limitations I should be aware of (aside from DI)

Illuminose

Smash Ace
It doesn't really work with fresh fair but if fair is fresh you done ****ed up. Needs some staling though so yeah. Yeah it works, not any limitations that I can think of outside that you need to stale a fair a little.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
I've slowly but surely been testing the waters with better thread titles.
Time to go out on a limb.
As long as it's not related to Naruto it's fine
So I was just messing around training mode, and I realized that FF fair to bouncing fish is actually a true kill combo (killing Bowser near the edge at 111% or so)

It just seemed to me that that was too good to be true xD If anyone's seen this before, any limitations I should be aware of (aside from DI)
Yeah, can kill close to the ledge.

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
I've slowly but surely been testing the waters with better thread titles.
Time to go out on a limb.
Lucario is Fighting/Steel type, a harem is a Muslim thing (doesn't really fit Sheik's ninja-ness), and it's spelled "ninjutsu". I guess I'm being "that guy".

But yeah, new titles are awesome. I don't know why we had so much Naruto around here.

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
Well, now you've got me thinking of Sheik as a Pokemon.

She'd probably evolve from Zelda around Lv. 40. Technician ability for sure. Needles are a multi-hit Dark move, Bouncing Fish is Normal type and switches you out after use, Fair is Fighting and has higher priority, and Usmash is Dark and hits really hard, but its accuracy sucks. Crazy high base Attack and Speed, but defensive stats are iffy.

Oh dear.

Last edited:

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
July 31 to the morning of (gold), will be conducted to update the WiiU version / 3DS version. WiiU version of the tournament features, in addition to replay posting function, we will deliver pay additional content (Mii Fighter costume, stage). (google translation of japanese official tweet)

[14:53:49] Bader / Arikado: ARE YOU READY
[14:53:53] Bader / Arikado: FOR THIS SUNDAY NIGHT FRIDAY NIGHT
[14:54:01] Moxie The Kid (Geno4Smash/FreeWolf): FOR WWE CHAMP JOHN CENA!!
[14:54:21] Bader / Arikado: WHEN WWE CHAMPION ZELDA AKA SHEIK DEFENDS HER TITLE IN THE SM4SH ARENA SUUUUUUPERSLAM
[14:54:32] Moxie The Kid (Geno4Smash/FreeWolf): LMAO
[14:54:38] Bader / Arikado: RIGHT NOW YOU CAN ORDER THIS ONCE IN A LIFE TIME PAY PER VIEW EVENT FOR JUST 59.99
[14:54:54] Bader / Arikado: WHEN SHE TAKES ON SIX NERFS IN A STEEL CAGE CHUTES AND LADDERS MATCH ONLY AT WWE SUUUUUUUPERSLAM

Last edited:

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
30 more lag frames on needles, 20 frames landing lag on fair, nair comes out frame 5

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I'm sorry
But I was just wandering the threads and saw this one's name
Why is this social called a Harem Dojo? :drshrug:

_Tree

The no-more hero
NNID
DekuBaba
3DS FC
1891-1276-1936
My suggestion for a thread title would be 'She just isn't Fair'. But then again, that's why I don't make the thread titles.

But anyway, I actually found a lot of the discussion on patches and nerfs pretty interesting as a topic to talk about, and might do a video discussing it. Of course, I'll write it up myself, but is there anything anyone here thinks I should touch on in-particular?

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
Does anyone listen to music while playing tournament sets?

I'm starting to, to mute out the crowd and because I can't hear game audio anyway.

Ascen

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ascendtothetop
I listen to music all the time when I practice and when I play online. Helps me flow better, especially with Sheik.

_Tree

The no-more hero
NNID
DekuBaba
3DS FC
1891-1276-1936
I think I remember Absol saying something waaaay back that not listening to the game audio actually hampers your reaction time. Of course, if you can't hear the game audio due to the crowd music is a pretty good option, but just something to consider...

Usually whenever I listen to music while playing Nujabes takes my preference. Keeps me both focused and relaxed.

Top Bottom