• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Hyrule Hangout - Sheik Social

supersage400

Smash Cadet
NNID
Supersage400
3DS FC
4897-5984-7450
I'd be grateful if someone added me to the Skype group. User name is Magicpenguin400. Looking to pick up Sheik and I definitely need to practice with people who know what they're doing with this character. Thanks.

Absol

Sucker Punch
NNID
xenxio
So we're talking about lucario then? Fun, one of the only match ups I refuse to lose to. Every lucario I have ever fought in tournament has never took a game off me. Yes I'm jinksing myself, but when you main sheik in brawl and your static training partner main lucario, you can't get more creditable than that.

Playing against lucario means playing as cancerous as his rage/aura is. Fthrow to bf works for a long time on him, and his recovery is easy to slap away. We out camp him and beat him in both the air and ground. Honestly if you take out his first stock you've practically won. Just start running away the whole match and keep him at a pitiful 0-20% rage/aura to where he can't possibly kill you. When you think you might be in danger of losing a stock tack on some more extra credit just in case. Like I stated before, you play as cancerous as lucarios system is. I time out lucario 85% of the time. Not just because it works, but can anyway really blame you? He's too slow to catch up with sheik. And the icing on the cake is if he has some rage and a fully charged aura sphere its fat enough to get nullified by a burst grenade simply sitting on the ground. Meaning it will blow up in this face with mirror knockback and kill him. This match up is heavily in our favor if you just play differently than your probably used to. And to be honest, playing this cancerous and running away until there's an obvious opening works really well against the majority of the cast. But...even I like being aggressive and ftilting fox to oblivion.

Last edited:

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
So something I don't understand about the entire complaining against Sheik and how she 'invalidates' some characters is... where is the complaining about Rosalina? Are people not seeing how Rosalina literally invalidates Ness, DHD, G&W, and I bet Pacman? Down B just literally shuts down multiple characters.

On the other hand Sheik only 'invalidates' Ganon and probably like mega man or something but that's it. She just happens to have more 55:45/60:40 mus than Rosalina does.

And now Rosalina is DESTROYING Yoshi on stream (Dabuz vs. Yoshi) and that MU seems really bad too.

cc: @ S_B S_B

Last edited:

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I've argued that Rosa needs nerfs, too.

If nothing else, all of her kill power should be in Luma so keeping Luma in the game should be vital to success with her. As it stands, Rosa can still kill without Luma quite well...

But no, Rosa is redonk as well. They should probably also tone Luma's hitboxes down a bit since the LAST thing Rosa needs is disjointed hitboxes on Luma...

Last edited:

Ascen

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ascendtothetop
Do we really need another balance patch discussion to happen here on Smashboards? It's been overdone to death, just don't bring it up anymore.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Do we really need another balance patch discussion to happen here on Smashboards? It's been overdone to death, just don't bring it up anymore.
If there are changes it is only natural for people to want to discuss them.

Ascen

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ascendtothetop
Yes, I'm aware, and I'm perfectly accepting of that. However, I've observed that these sort of discussions almost always lead into people arguing and complaining about patches and/or certain characters. I'm just sick and tired of wading through these conversations not only on Smashboards, but pretty much anywhere else there is Smash 4 content.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Why did you like a post that was aimed at starting a balance discussion? ;)

Sheik mains don't need to feel picked on: yes, people are suggesting nerfs for other characters like Rosa as well.

That's all that need to be said on the matter.

Last edited:

Ascen

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ascendtothetop
Arikado didn't explicitly say anything about balancing in his post. You are the one who brought up nerfs in the first place.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Yes, I'm aware, and I'm perfectly accepting of that. However, I've observed that these sort of discussions almost always lead into people arguing and complaining about patches and/or certain characters. I'm just sick and tired of wading through these conversations not only on Smashboards, but pretty much anywhere else there is Smash 4 content.
Which is why they should be locked when they get to that point.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
I mean discussing something is better than outright ****posting (just look at how cancerous the zelda socials are LOL) and this is bringing up activity so I don't really think it's bad. Not like this thread has a topic to stay on anyway.

also @ S_B S_B i never had time to tell you how amused I am whenever I see your avatar

_Tree

The no-more hero
NNID
DekuBaba
3DS FC
1891-1276-1936
So something I don't understand about the entire complaining against Sheik and how she 'invalidates' some characters is... where is the complaining about Rosalina?
Sheik gets far, far more exposure than Rosa. Being used by ZeRo (best player in the world), Mr.R (arguably the best Sheik in the world), Vinnie, K9, Wizzrobe and everybody and their mother having a pocket Sheik. Only natural that after seeing such a heavy use of the character that people will start to complain about her, as her qualities become more evident. The only notable Rosa main I can think of is...Dabuz. There we get to see her dominance over others far less.

It's also a thing about spectators. A lot of people who simply watch the game don't care about it as a whole just want lots of variety. Oh, Rosa's on stream? Sure, ResidentSleeper, but the match will be over soon and we'll see something new. But seeing Sheik so often in tournament? "We want something new! We only look at this game on a surface level! Cater to us!"

Last edited:

_Tree

The no-more hero
NNID
DekuBaba
3DS FC
1891-1276-1936
Don't listen to tree. He switches waifu avatars every month.

He's not loyal
Your avatar isn't even fully Sheik anyway you dumbutt.

It's connected to Pokemon. Which means a small part of you is linked to Lucario...

_Tree

The no-more hero
NNID
DekuBaba
3DS FC
1891-1276-1936
Hey team, what's the current diddly-daddly on the match up threads?
If they need to be cleaned up you should let me know what/how :)
I quite like Joaco's new method of creating a single thread for each character once every so often. It creates a focused conversation and prevents stuff getting washed away in a giant MU thread. Obviously we can start linking to the single character threads in the main MU thread once we have a good amount of them. For now, I feel MU threads are fine, as long as Joaco's method continues as is.

I'll be commenting in the Rosa one soon, just want to fix up some images I want to use in my post.

Also, not to step out of my place or anything, but is there some way we can nominate a new mod specific to this forum? You and other mods have been doing a pretty good job, but I feel keeping the Sheik boards in order would be easier with devoted mod. I haven't been able to get in contact with Tristan_win for ages, and I know a few people around here I feel would suit the role. Any possibilities?

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
The MU thread needs major work, and I agree with Tree. Tristan hasn't been seen since April, and there have been a lot of spammy posts that he would've taken care of.

So yeah, I like the setup with individual threads. As it stands, we have info listed from very early in the metagame, where many fighters were much better or worse than they are now. Maybe the current MU thread serves as something of a hub with a synopsis of the MUs under each character and hyperlinks to the different threads with the full info.

Joaco

Triforce of Wisdom
NNID
JoacoRyu8
Speaking about that, which character do you think we should discuss next?

_Tree

The no-more hero
NNID
DekuBaba
3DS FC
1891-1276-1936
Pika, bro. That mouse is annoying.
I concur. I would've said Luigi, but we dominate that MU a bit too much for it to be urgent.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
If they are going to start with the single matchup threads, then a compendium could be started to start cataloging them at least so they don't get buried over time.

Just a suggestion.

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
If they are going to start with the single matchup threads, then a compendium could be started to start cataloging them at least so they don't get buried over time.

Just a suggestion.
I've been volunteering for these types of threads recently, so I'll go on and toss my name in for consideration.

Joaco

Triforce of Wisdom
NNID
JoacoRyu8

Just a suggestion.
I was going to do that after another matchup discussion was up

Last edited:

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
I heavily dislike single threads to discuss MUs but I think its a necessary evil..

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I heavily dislike single threads to discuss MUs but I think its a necessary evil..
I don't necessarily like them either because all of the information is spread around but it's makes it easier to filter through compiled data. As I said above, a compendium that catalogues and links the individual MU threads is probably the best bet.

Joaco

Triforce of Wisdom
NNID
JoacoRyu8
I like separate matchup discussions because if you want to look for a certain MU you have all the information in one thread, and I think it's better to focus on discussing one matchup at a time.

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
My idea is to have a central hub with hyperlinked fighter names for the individual threads but bullet points for the more tl;dr-inclined of us.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Who would like to take charge of the match up thread hub + managing individual threads (if that's what the majority of you would prefer).
Also the catalog and video threads. New ones &/ new person in charge of them?

Saviorlegacy's thread still relevant?

Last edited:

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Who would like to take charge of the match up thread hub + managing individual threads (if that's what the majority of you would prefer).

If no one wants to, I will help with it.

Last edited:

Joaco

Triforce of Wisdom
NNID
JoacoRyu8

I'll do it, no problem, I have several things planned.

Joaco

Triforce of Wisdom
NNID
JoacoRyu8
Done. If I have time tomorrow I will do the directory thread.

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345

Savior's thread is definitely relevant. It's a great place for newbies to go to become less of newbies. I'll take over the Sheikah catalog.

Last edited:

_Tree

The no-more hero
NNID
DekuBaba
3DS FC
1891-1276-1936
I'll take over the Sheikah catalog.
If you do take over the catalog Moose, please add stage discussion to the roster. The thread is a little outdated but still contains some useful info (I should probably get onto updating my answers on it +_+)

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
If you do take over the catalog Moose, please add stage discussion to the roster. The thread is a little outdated but still contains some useful info (I should probably get onto updating my answers on it +_+)
Yeah, there are a lot of threads to add. I unfortunately have to go to work in a few minutes, so I'll just copy/paste the original thread. It'll be fully updated by tonight.

Edit: sticky plz

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Why are the Sheik boards so amazing compared to the other character boards? Everything is run so smoothly...

gib shek burds plz

Top Bottom