• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Hyrule Hangout - Sheik Social

sGale

Smash Journeyman
NNID
sGaley
3DS FC
4484-8977-1421
Sp sheik boards! Thought I should get myself involved after lurking since release. Im a swedish sheik main looking to improve myself constantly. Nice to meet you! :]

iLLEST

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iLLESTm3
Nice to meet you sGale. I enjoy me some Svedka from time to time :i6rkW:

Anyone watch anime? I just finished neon geneiss evangelion and the ending was dopeeeeeeeeeeee... (I know i'm late)

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Yeah, sounds like he was just well spaced but you can do a quick inefficient test of the intangibility by going into training and bf'ing a Bomb-omb. Do it, just trust me you'll laugh. I've seen it straight up gone through stuff to hit someone with it and it also makes our hurtbox incredibly small.
I'm pretty sure it's only that good once the hitbox is out; until that happens to clank and beat things out, Sheik can still be hit by most things.

Noso

Hilarious words
NNID
spiritenemy

Anyone watch anime? I just finished neon geneiss evangelion and the ending was dopeeeeeeeeeeee... (I know i'm late)
I've been watching Hunter X Hunter (2011) and just finished Fate/zero. i recommend both.

sGale

Smash Journeyman
NNID
sGaley
3DS FC
4484-8977-1421

Thanks man! Eva was pretty godlike, been meaning to rewatch that soon. Finished Parasyte recently and rewatching Naruto right now (Not that bad if you disregard filler).

?.?

Smash Journeyman
I prefer the short and sweet stuff, anything past 25 episodes and I start to dislike them. With that in mind three of my favorite animes have been in no particular order Steins Gate, Jormungand, and Log Horizon. Speaking of which I believe Log Horizon S2 just finished up and I need to go marathon it.

iLLEST

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iLLESTm3
I've been watching Hunter X Hunter (2011) and just finished Fate/zero. i recommend both.
need to watch fate/zero. i'm still reading hunterxhunter, the author recently started the manga again.

Thanks man! Eva was pretty godlike, been meaning to rewatch that soon. Finished Parasyte recently and rewatching Naruto right now (Not that bad if you disregard filler).
parasyte is decent. i like how he becomes very logical from a wussy. a comparible show would be tokyo ghoul... i like it much better. naruto... i'm behind a couple episodes, been meaning to catch up. how was the ending? (no spoilers!)

I prefer the short and sweet stuff, anything past 25 episodes and I start to dislike them. With that in mind three of my favorite animes have been in no particular order Steins Gate, Jormungand, and Log Horizon. Speaking of which I believe Log Horizon S2 just finished up and I need to go marathon it.
loved steins;gate. probably gonna check out jormungand and log horizon. K is pretty good too, its on hulu right now. the animation is on point (so many colors :happysheep:)

Noso

Hilarious words
NNID
spiritenemy
I agree with the short and sweet part, but there are some series that just keep you itching for more. For example; My all time favorite anime is Yu Yu Hakusho (same person who wrote/writes Hunter x Hunter), the anime goes for 112 episodes yet not a single episode feels like filler, everything that's said feels like it's got a reason, either being crucial to how the stories evolving or how the character feels.

I still need to watch steins gate though, I see that red headed chick everywhere and I really want to know her back story.

sGale

Smash Journeyman
NNID
sGaley
3DS FC
4484-8977-1421
need to watch fate/zero. i'm still reading hunterxhunter, the author recently started the manga again.

parasyte is decent. i like how he becomes very logical from a wussy. a comparible show would be tokyo ghoul... i like it much better. naruto... i'm behind a couple episodes, been meaning to catch up. how was the ending? (no spoilers!)

loved steins;gate. probably gonna check out jormungand and log horizon. K is pretty good too, its on hulu right now. the animation is on point (so many colors :happysheep:)
haven't watched ghoul yet, but parasyte was thought provoking for the most part. the thing that's keeping me from ghoul right now is all the censoring i've heard of. naruto ending was so-so. could've been better but it was a fitting end for such a dragged out giant.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
Sooo something really interesting just happened to me. I was against a Charizard, playing customs, and she was off-stage on battlefield, I was in the middle of the stage. I threw a gravity grenade, hit the Charizard and pulled him towards the stage. and it actually got stage spiked. It was really interesting to watch and could make for some cool edgeguarding shenanigans.

Sadly I forgot to save the match.

Last edited:

Noso

Hilarious words
NNID
spiritenemy
Sooo something really interesting just happened to me. I was against a Charizard, playing customs, and she was off-stage on battlefield, I was in the middle of the stage. I threw a gravity grenade, hit the Charizard and pulled him towards the stage. and it actually got stage spiked. It was really interesting to watch and could make for some cool edgeguarding shenanigans.

Sadly I forgot to save the match.
*sad face*, that would have been interesting to watch, I love seeing the shenanigans in this game.

Noso

Hilarious words
NNID
spiritenemy
So, I hope the balancing tweaks announced today if nothing else, make it so that the grenade doesn't kill us off stage.

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
I hope the balancing changes are just normalizing her to trick people into thinking they made her worse by instead just fixing the things they knee jerk freak out about now(i.e. shorter combos, but more damage/easier time killing). People see a string of 5 hits and freak out without realizing it did like 30% maybe and other characters do the same damage(if not more) with less effort. She's not really a problem as is, but if they left her damage and kill power as is, but also nerfed how safe she is then she'd be unplayable imo. :p

Noso

Hilarious words
NNID
spiritenemy
I hope the balancing changes are just normalizing her to trick people into thinking they made her worse by instead just fixing the things they knee jerk freak out about now(i.e. shorter combos, but more damage/easier time killing). People see a string of 5 hits and freak out without realizing it did like 30% maybe and other characters do the same damage(if not more) with less effort. She's not really a problem as is, but if they left her damage and kill power as is, but also nerfed how safe she is then she'd be unplayable imo. :p
I agree with you on the last part, if they took away her ability to poke safely, she'll be the equivalent to a BB gun in that sure it'll hurt slightly, but the chances of killing are slim to none.

?.?

Smash Journeyman
I honestly hope she's nerfed quite a lot so it can go back to me and a select few playing her and loving her... I miss those days :D
Plus I can stop getting trash for playing her .

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I honestly hope she's nerfed quite a lot so it can go back to me and a select few playing her and loving her... I miss those days :D
Plus I can stop getting trash for playing her .
This.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
You guys actualllywant herto get nerfed? Wtf.

?.?

Smash Journeyman
Arikado, I actually enjoying having a challenge and as it stands the character I love is way too easy. That's my reasoning behind it, and why I loved her so much in brawl.

Noso

Hilarious words
NNID
spiritenemy
I was used to her being low tier. The number 1 sheik match up I dislike is sheik v sheik. I get those way too often now.
I don't get those too often, maybe once a week at most. and they are usually very pleasant and challenging fights that I learn new techs from.

Arikado, I actually enjoying having a challenge and as it stands the character I love is way too easy. That's my reasoning behind it, and why I loved her so much in brawl.
I understand where you're coming from, but I hope they don't put nerfs on her because there are still some match ups that are still challenges for many people, and to make her weaker would disappoint many of the people who love playing as her.

Last edited:

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Then find harder opponents, don't instead limit yourself to fighting with weaker tools

(I always fail to see the logic in statements like this, but perhaps it's just me...)

Last edited:

?.?

Smash Journeyman
Then find harder opponents, don't instead limit yourself to fighting with weaker tools

(I always fail to see the logic in statements like this, but perhaps it's just me...)
There's two methods to a challenge in this situation and it seems we prefer differently, I'm not saying that I want sheik to be terrible. I'm saying I'd enjoy it and look forward to it's possibility. With that in mind, I play against quite a lot of high level players constantly and I wouldn't mind fighting with weaker "tools". Whatever happens I'm sticking with sheik, and I will master her some day.

?.?

Smash Journeyman
When did you guys start getting so mad at opinions? Yes I think she's easy to play, more so than most of the cast but that's simply because she's so safe. It's not hard to get a grab with her speed and it's even easier to shff F-fair, at least for me. with that being the Bread and butter of sheik when you pick her up, can you see why I think she's easy? I'm not saying she's easy to master in fact I think she takes quite a lot more than other characters in that regards, simply due to the speed and knowledge require to do some of the things she's capable of... I think I'll leave at that since you guys seem to be angry at me for wanting less people to play sheik, I could go on but it would probably make things worse. Sorry for any hurt feelings I guess, no hurt was intended. Probably going to ignore any followup hateful comments. Yay internet~

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
So you mean it's easy to beat scrubs with her. Then yeah I agree with that. Also something that comes with expressing an opinion is an invitation for other people to give their input lol. It's not as simple as "X thing sucks/is great" and everyone just has to let it be. I also missed the part where anyone was mad and not just disagreeing with you(but I only loosely read some things).

Also just want to note that while getting damage can be easy and safe enough for Sheik that doesn't mean anything without a kill(unless you plan to time them out on the first stock, but that runs the risk of rage nonsense). Getting a kill with Sheik requires a hard read, situational setup, really high %, or for the other guy to mess up all of which are really inconsistent and part of why she's hard to play(imo). That and there's quite a few MUs where she has to outright respect a character's space(i.e. Ness, Yoshi, Rosa, etc.) and wait for an opening instead of being able to kind of force it like she can in a lot of MUs.

Noso

Hilarious words
NNID
spiritenemy
No one's mad, I'm not sure where you are getting that impression. You just gave your opinion and we gave ours, it just so happened that our opinions were different than yours and we spoke critically on your situation and gave advice on how you could find a challenge. The idea of wanting less people to play sheik doesn't sound like a good idea because for many people that is the only reason they play, and to take that from them would lead to them not playing and why would you want people to stop playing smash(i'm speaking hypothetically of course, but chances are there is at least one person like that) and again, not attacking your opinion, just giving mine.

That and there's quite a few MUs where she has to outright respect a character's space(i.e. Ness, Yoshi, Rosa, etc.)
If you add R.O.B to that list, you would have named my own worst MU.

iLLEST

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iLLESTm3
My question is... if so many people play our beautiful sheik... why is our social thread not popular? :(

offtopic.. i love challenging ness offstage. :ness:

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
I honeslty don't think she's that popular lol. A few people try to pocket her with little success or claim they will and that's it for the most part.

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
I honeslty don't think she's that popular lol. A few people try to pocket her with little success or claim they will and that's it for the most part.
Not popular? Check the usage stats on the home page. She's #1 on 3DS and #2 on Wii U. She's also a competitive darling, with just as many Sheik players in the top 5 as Diddys at Apex 2015.

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
3DS is irrelevant and Wii U apparently is so loose on taking characters into account that they take doubles tournaments too(which I would like to think we can agree that those numbers could be unreliable due to that) lmao. I'm just saying when it comes to streams i've watched and tournaments I attend that there's not that many Sheiks. There's some pocket Sheiks out there, but they aren't accomplishing much or they drop her sooner or later lol.

EDIT:I guess if we're also hyping up the top 8 of Apex i'd like to say that while there were 2 Sheiks there that the ditto was the only match Sheik won in top 8.

Last edited:

Noso

Hilarious words
NNID
spiritenemy
And to add to that, they were the best sheiks in the world and in japan respectfully. and even though it's common knowledge, the person who won apex doesn't even main the character he won the tourny with.

Last edited:

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
And to add to that, they were the best sheiks in the world and in japan respectfully. and even though it's common knowledge, the person who won apex doesn't even main the character he won the tourny with.
huh? I'm pretty sure Zero mains Diddy o.o

Noso

Hilarious words
NNID
spiritenemy
I'm 95% sure he mains shulk and C.falcon (I could be wrong though lol)

Sean de Lure

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4313-1004-2187
he plays diddy to win, if you look at his tournaments, its diddy. You might see falcon or shulk in casuals/some matches in brackets occasionally, but its for fun/hype

Noso

Hilarious words
NNID
spiritenemy
No; he said he would be switching after Apex but he certainly hasn't yet if he plans to...

Maybe the patch will get him to? Who knows
I only say that because his account on here has C.falcon listed as his main, along with everything I've heard said from commentators.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
Actually what he said was that he's gonna train his shulk/falcon (not switch), but he's a diddy main ever since 1.0.4 or possibly before I think.

Last edited:

Noso

Hilarious words
NNID
spiritenemy
Actually what he said was that he's gonna train his shulk/falcon (not switch), but he's a diddy main ever since 1.0.4 or possibly before I think.
Aye, that's what I get for assuming lol

Top Bottom