• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Hyrule Civil War Mk II- Sign up, the game starts on the 19th!

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Hyrule Castle has fallen, and now, nearly immediately after it's walls have finished crumbling, normally peaceful groups have declared their independence and have begun preparations for a bloody conflict.

In the struggle to control Hyrule, which side will you take?​

Sign up here for the Hyrule Civil War Mk II! Just post what faction you want to be on, and I'll sign you up. You can be by yourself on a team, or you can join a big group; its your decision.

Current Teams:

Gerudo (Starting in the Gerudo Desert)- Sephiroth's Masamune, Phantom7, Dark Horse

Zora (Starting at Zora's Fountain)- DTP

Goron (Starting at Death Mountain)- Blaziking17, Spire, PokemonTrainer1

Kokori (Starting in the Lost Woods)- DARKDRAGONHIEI, Kosta

Rules​

1. Team Play and Moves

-You may play on teams, but remember that you will have to get everyone's opinion before doing anything.
-There is no cap to the number of players per team, and a player may play solo if no one else registers for his/her faction.
-You may use any program (Msn, etc) or site feature (private groups, PMs, etc) to get in contact with team members, but you need to be able to contact them quickly.
-Inactive players have no say in the final move choice if they miss out on choosing what to do.
-If no move is posted after 72 hours after I post the newest update, that faction misses out on a turn.
-Moves will take place at the exact same time, but some actions can interrupt part of another faction's move (will expand on this later).
-Teams may elect a "team captain" to send me their moves for each turn. This captain will be in charge of sending moves and making the final move decision for each turn.

2. Capturing Territories.

-Each faction may capture two adjacent neutral territories per turn. Each faction may also choose to only capture one or none each turn.
-If two factions try to capture the same neutral territory as part of their "two territories per turn," the first faction to place a squad on the territory gets it.
-Taking over an undefended (in other words, without a squad on it) enemy territory requires one of your squads to be on the territory, and it takes 3 turns to capture it, including the turn that you use to move onto the territory.
-If a squad moves onto a neutral territory, it is automatically captured. This does not count toward the "two per turn" rule.
-If a squad is defeated while on it's own territory, the winning squad automatically captures the territory. This does not count toward the "two per turn" rule.

3. Rupees and Squad Creation

-If you capture a territory with a rupee (which come in different amounts), you may use 1 to create a squad of units.
-Squads may only be created on the territory that you got the rupee from. In other words, if you get a rupee on Central Hyrule, you can only "spend" it on that territory.
-Squads may only move after the turn of creation.
-Only 30 units (not squads) may be created per turn.
-1 rupee may be used to create a squad of 10 (which stand for 100, 1000, or however many units you want 1 to stand for. I don't really care; 10 is used to make calculations easier) basic "Soldiers" who can move to 1 adjacent territory each turn.
-1 rupee may also be used to create 5 "Mounted Units" who may move to an adjacent territory then move again.

4. Groups

-If two squads are moved to the same territory, they can merge into one big Group.
-"Mixed" groups of mounted and regular soldiers can only move to one territory per turn, like regular soldiers. However, these groups can be re-separated into their respective parts.
-If you choose to separate a group, you have to decide on both a number to split from the main group and what adjacent territory to send it to. The newly split group can't attack or move, but the group on the original territory may attack but not move.

5. Attacking

-A squad may attack (or initiate battle) whenever it is located next to another squad.
-If a squad declares an attack, it cannot move during the same turn.
-If a squad declares an attack, the defending squad cannot move. If the defending squad was going to move before the attack, the move is interrupted and canceled.
-Battle results will be decided by a random number generator (or dice roll irl. Whatever works). Both sides (attacking and defending) will each get a unique number from the generator, and that number is how many units are lost.
-Numbers are chosen from a set of 0-n, where n is the number of units within the squad.
-The attacking squad is given "priority," and it will receive the second number. If the defending squad (who gets the first number) is completely wiped out, the second number is considered void.
-If two squads from different factions move to the same territory, battle is initiated.
-After a battle, the attacking squad goes back to the territory that it initiated battle from, and the defending squad stays in the same place.
-If battle is initiated after two rival squads move to the same territory, they both stay on the same territory. Either squad may attack on the next turn, but they may also choose to move away from each other.
-On the turn after an attack, one of the involved squads may "retreat" by surrendering the territory that it is on and losing one unit. The retreating squad may move to an adjacent, friendly (or neutral) territory, and it cannot be attacked that turn or initiate attack unless it moves to the same territory as another enemy squad.

6. Winning the game

-The territory that each faction starts from is considered to be that faction's "capitol."
-If a capitol is captured, that faction loses and all of that faction's territories plus half of each remaining squad (rounded up if odd number) go to the faction that captured the capitol.
-The game is won by capturing evey territory on the map.

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
Hm. I dunno, it seems a bit too fast (I don't really have a ton of free time, so discussing options with other people would be severely limited and decisions may not be made by the two day deadline).

:034:

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Hmmm, I want to do it, but choosing a team is a little difficult. You should add the Sheikah as a team.

EDIT: If there is never going to be a Sheikah faction, I'll go with the Gerudo.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Alright, lets hope this one is a bit more exciting than the last!

I'd love to be a part of the Zora Faction please :)

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
People should tell others about this :D
It's how I found out about it and I doubt many people look here to begin with.

We need moar sign ups.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
The deadline will be posted after I finish posting the ruleset. I will probably put it down as 1-2 weeks after the entire ruleset is posted, which will give Spire and me enough time to make a new map.

I posted the basics of attacking, and I only have a little bit more to go. I also added a few more rules in a couple sections.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
The deadline will be posted after I finish posting the ruleset. I will probably put it down as 1-2 weeks after the entire ruleset is posted, which will give Spire and me enough time to make a new map.

I posted the basics of attacking, and I only have a little bit more to go. I also added a few more rules in a couple sections.
Alright! Spire'll be working on this, too, huh? That's awesome.

And thanks for the headsup, Werekill!

Edit - Terywj is an idiot and cannot read.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Wow, now Spire is "helping".

With all due respect to Spire, this game just lost points.
Do me a favor and close your mouth before you piss me off.

Spire is only helping out with the map. That's it. I'm doing everything else.

Besides that, I don't see why it matters. Spire is a cool guy, and if he had the time, I am sure that the original HCW would have been great.

So to be honest, you can take your points and shove them up your... Well, you get the picture. I just don't care about your opinion when it comes to this part of the game.

Edit: edited out some "strong" words.

DARKDRAGONHIEI

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4828-5788-9766
rules are interesting. aawww no one wants to be a kokiri? this is where OOT started. Put me up as a kokiri. as phantom7 said if you add a shikah clan sign me up for that one instead ^_^'''

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
There will not be a Sheikah faction. The current number of teams is probably the best numbe that we can get without the game getting really chaotic.

Also, Old K Gorge is a no-no. It's way too close to two factions, etc.

The rest of the rules will be coming soon.

DARKDRAGONHIEI

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4828-5788-9766
about that thing "being" to close. i was thinking of telling you to expand more on the map add the other games. If you can fuse OOT ,TP and other games, i was thinking why not more. we can (well you since your the creator) expand the land and the factions. add Majora's mask and windwaker,(and others if wanted) territory. this will make the game last longer and more interesting

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
We've already put a bunch of TP areas in the map, so no. Termina areas are also not going to be put in because this is Hyrule, not Termina.

Besides, this is only the first game out of (hopefully) many. I can definitely tweak it around between games, and I plan to eventually have a game set in Termina.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Do me a favor and close your mouth before you piss me off.

Spire is only helping out with the map. That's it. I'm doing everything else.

Besides that, I don't see why it matters. Spire is a cool guy, and if he had the time, I am sure that the original HCW would have been great.

So to be honest, you can take your points and shove them up your... Well, you get the picture. I just don't care about your opinion when it comes to this part of the game.

Edit: edited out some "strong" words.
Let's not even bother with this guy.
Wow, there is clearly a strong bias. Like seriously. I have no problems with Spire he is an ossim guy, a good leader, and a fellow Houstonian that I still have yet to meet. But, he IMO still doesn't have his stuff sorted out.

This is the same guy who created a game made us wait months for it and it's not even the same game we signed up for and then canceled it in the middle of discussions and right before the game could even get interesting. This is the same guy who resigned from being a mod. Then he became a senator, and then resigned from that because he still didn't have his stuff settled.

I love Spire on some Real T ****. But, I mean seriously? Seriously?!?!? If you don't have time to run something and then you want to help out with something that WILL be a bit time consuming even if it is ONLY an hour. I'm sorry if this sounds like I'm dissing yoou Spire. But this is just how I feel. And, because I have the utmost respect for you I'm telling you like it is. I'm not flaming in any way, shape, or form. Sorry Spire, but you've moved down the tier list.

I'm not gonna candy coat things and this is probably why you dismiss me and say "Oh that's KC he's a jerk", when really you don't even understand where I'm coming from. So that now I have cleared things up a bit I hope you understand me. But, if you still feel the same way about me then sorry, it is what it is.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Sorry that I have real life to attend (like school and work every day), but still care enough for the boards to spend literally hours upon hours drafting a game for you to play, asking absolutely nothing in return and on top of that, constantly dealing with moderating/staff problems both in public and in private. My apologies that I try to spark some fun around here.

You're a consumer. You create and inspire nothing. You just eat what's fed to you and return nothing but criticism. Sorry that your food is undercooked.

Life

Smash Hero
Drama already and the game hasn't started yet? <.<

I might sign on for Gorons, but I don't wanna commit due to IRL stuff yet.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Spire. I offered to help numerous times. You said you were good. Spire, your also not the only one who deals with life. I am at school all day, football practice ( I watch) then I work. I don't have all the time in the world to do this or hang with friends either, so I don't think you should throw THAT card in.

But, I hope you see where I am coming from. I believe I understand where you are coming from. I'm sincerely sorry if I offended you.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I'm not going to carry out a nuclear war here, but I hope you can understand why I refused to accept any help during the development of HCW. If you helped, then you couldn't play. I wanted as many people to play as possible, so it was a task that Skyler and I had to undertake alone.

And I wasn't pulling the "I have a life and you don't" card, I was simply saying that because of my unyielding scheduling, I simply couldn't keep up with HCW, and residually (and in accountance with many other factors), I resigned from staffing. Now I'm back on staff on my own accord and know how much foruming I can and cannot devote myself to. On top of spending my spare time working on a a forum game built from the ground-up, I had people like yourself constantly nagging me with, "when are we going to get to play Hyrule Civil War!?"

Peace.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Sorry that I have real life to attend (like school and work every day), but still care enough for the boards to spend literally hours upon hours drafting a game for you to play, asking absolutely nothing in return and on top of that, constantly dealing with moderating/staff problems both in public and in private. My apologies that I try to spark some fun around here.

You're a consumer. You create and inspire nothing. You just eat what's fed to you and return nothing but criticism. Sorry that your food is undercooked.
^This this this, etc etc.

I am at school all day, football practice ( I watch)
Because of the surgery, right? I forgot to ask about how that went; tell me on my VM wall or in the Milk Bar.

Anyway, I should be done with the entire ruleset this week; look forward to it!

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Ok then, the game will start on the 12th! I will definitely finish the rules before then (probably tomorrow), so hurry up and sign up!

Edit: Oh, and since Kingdom Come is super banned, I'll take out the Hyrulian faction if no one joins it. In fact, I might take it out anyway...

DARKDRAGONHIEI

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4828-5788-9766
a faction on my own >_< hoping at least one other person would join me. . . oh well! I'll do my best! >=D
good to know i'm not the only one in this situation though ^_^'

Top Bottom