• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hyphen Cancel: WTF? Investigation underway!

Tenki

Smash Hero
Maybe.

From my idea before, if it's cancellable, it's a trait of U-smash.

But, the previous things I've seen with this (Snake doing Dash Attack and falling off the stage .. lol), you'd have to be moving, and reverse jc usmash doesn't move much, if at all, for Sonic.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Maybe.

From my idea before, if it's cancellable, it's a trait of U-smash.

But, the previous things I've seen with this (Snake doing Dash Attack and falling off the stage .. lol), you'd have to be moving, and reverse jc usmash doesn't move much, if at all, for Sonic.
What about DACing to an usmash?

Rotimer

Smash Cadet
So have we determined that it was in fact a canceled Usmash....?

If so, has anyone replicated this phenomenon?

Rotimer

Smash Cadet
really bro? *sigh*

read the thread, guy reach, before you post.
I have and I fail to see "Yes, I've replicated it *link*" or anything more than speculation of DAC or an opponent shielded upsmash at a specific point.

Again, nothing definitive. If you're seeing something I'm not, please show me where.

P a i n

Smash Cadet
So sue me for misinterpreting the vague "What if"s being thrown around this thread. lol

I was just looking for clarification.
Tbh, there's not really a 'what if.' The topic's called 'Hyphen cancel.'

inb4 'but tharz a question mark;' It's reffering to 'how,' not 'what.'

inb4 'but the W stands for 'what''
wrong context foo'

edit: eurgh too many inverted commars

edit2: ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' '

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
I agree mostly with Umby. I charge all who have posted in this thread to start working on this. the more people on this the more we can get to an indisputable conclusion. thank you, and good luck.

Rotimer

Smash Cadet
Relevent.

……………………._„„„--~~~””””¯””~-,
………………„-~”¯;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;\
…………„-~”;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;\
…….„~”;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;\
…,-“;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;\
../;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;\
…\;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;\
…..\;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;\
…….\;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;\,
………\;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;”-,………………¸~””)
………..\,;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;”-,……….,-~”;;;;;/
……….…\;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;\…..,~“;;;;;;;,-‘.…_,-~"¯¯"~-,
……….…..\;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;”,-“;;;;;;__„-~"¯¯:::,-~~-,_::::"-„
……….……\;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;„~”;;;;„~"¯::::::::::::::"::::::::::::::::::\
……….…….\;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,-~”__„„„-"::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::"~-,
……….……..\;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,-~”-~"::,-':::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::"~-,
……….………\;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;„~"::__„-~":::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::"-,
……….……….\;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;_„-~”:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::_„„-~,~~~~--,:|
………_„„„----~~\.……;;;;;,„-~”¯¸„„--~~-,:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::_,-~":'\'-,:\:|:\|::\|\:|:\:|
..,-~”¯;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;”-;_„„-~”::::::,-‘::::_::::::\:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::,~':\'-,::',"-\::'':"::::::::\|:|/
..”-,_;;;;;;;_¸„„--~~””_,-'"~----":|::/,~"¯"-::::|::|:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::,~"::\'-,:\;;'-';;;;;;;;;;;,-'::\::|/
…….¯¯¯.………,-':::::::::::::::\'-\~"¯_/:::/::|:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::,-',::\'-,:|::";;;;;;;;;;;;,-':\:'-,::\
……….…………|::::::::::::::::::\¸:'~'::::,-'::,':::::::::::::::::::::::::::::,-':\'-,:\'-,';;';;;;;;;;;;;;;,-':\:::'\-,|''
……….………...|::,-~"::::::::::::/"~-~"::,-'::::::::::::::::::::::::_,-~':\'-,|:"'";;;;;;;;;;;;;;,-'¯::'-,:',\|
……….………../::/::::::::::::::::|:::::::::::::::::::::::::::_,„-~"¯\:\'-,|;''-';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,-'--,::\-:\:\|
……….………/::::|::::::::::::::::|::::::::::::::::::::::::,-';;'-';;;;',/;\/;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,-.,|:::\-,:|\|..\|
……….……./:::::::\:::::::::::::::|:::::::::::::::::::::,-';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,-~'''("-.,\:::|\:|::''
……….…...,':::::::,':::::::::::::::|::::::::::::::::::,-'/;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,--'::::::/"~'
……….…..,'::::::::|:::::::::::::::|::::::::::::::,„-~"::|;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,-'::::::::,'::::/
……….…./:::::::::|:::::::::::::„-|--~~""¯¯¯::',:::::,';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,':::::::::::|_,-'
………...,'::::::::::::",:,-~"¯::::|::::"-,::::::::::|:::/;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,':::::::|::::,'
………../:::::::::::::::|::::::::::::|:::::::"-,:::::::\:::|¯¯¯"""~-,~,_/::::::::,':::/
……..,-“::::::::::::::::|::::::::::::|::::::::::"~-,_::|::\: : : : : : |: : \::::::::/:/
…..,-“:::::::::::::::::::|::::::::::::|::",:::::::::::::"-':::\: : : : : :|: : :\::::::|::|\ . . Sorry Old Chap, You Aren't Good
..,-“::::::::::::::::::::::\::::::::::::|::::",::::::::::::::::::\: : : : : :\: : :|:::::|::|;;\
-“:::::::::::::::::::::::::::"-,::::::::|:::::::",:::::::::::::::/|\ ,: : : : : : : |::::,'/|::::|
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::"-,:::::|::::::::::"-,_::::::::::\|:/|,: : : : : : :|:::|'-,/|:::|
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::"~-,|_::::::::::::::"~-,_:::"-,/|/\:::::::::::\:::\"-/|::|
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::|:::"~-,_::::::::::::',"-,:::"_|/\:|\: : : : \::\":/|\|
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::|:::::::::::"~-,_:::::\:::\:::"~/_:|:|\: : : '-,\::"::,'\
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::|::::::::::::::::::"-,_:'-,::\:::::::"-,|:||\,-, : '-,\:::|-'-„
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::|:::::::::::::::::::::::,-,'"-:"~,:::::"/_/::|-/\--';;\:::/:||\-,
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::|::::::::::::::::::::::/...'-,::::::"~„::::"-,/_:|:/\:/|/|/|_/:|
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::|:::::::::::::::::::::|……"-,::::::::"~-:::::""~~~"¯:::|
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::|:::::::::::::::::::::|………"-,_::::::::::::::::::::::::::/
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::|:::::::::::::::::::::\………….."~--„_____„„-~~"

Boxob

Smash Champion
……….…\;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;\…..,~“;;;;;;;,-‘.…_,-~"¯¯"~-,
……….…..\;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;”,-“;;;;;;__„-~"¯¯:::,-~~-,_::::"-„
……….……\;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;„~”;;;;„~"¯::::::::::::::"::::::::::::::::::\
……….…….\;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,-~”__„„„-"::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::"~-,
……….……..\;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,-~”-~"::,-':::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::"~-,
……….………\;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;„~"::__„-~":::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::"-,
……….……….\;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;_„-~”:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::_„„-~,~~~~--,:|
………_„„„----~~\.……;;;;;,„-~”¯¸„„--~~-,:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::_,-~":'\'-,:\:|:\|::\|\:|:\:|
..,-~”¯;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;”-;_„„-~”::::::,-‘::::_::::::\:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::,~':\'-,::',"-\::'':"::::::::\|:|/
..”-,_;;;;;;;_¸„„--~~””_,-'"~----":|::/,~"¯"-::::|::|:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::,~"::\'-,:\;;'-';;;;;;;;;;;,-'::\::|/
…….¯¯¯.………,-':::::::::::::::\'-\~"¯_/:::/::|:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::,-',::\'-,:|::";;;;;;;;;;;;,-':\:'-,::\
……….…………|::::::::::::::::::\¸:'~'::::,-'::,':::::::::::::::::::::::::::::,-':\'-,:\'-,';;';;;;;;;;;;;;;,-':\:::'\-,|''
……….………...|::,-~"::::::::::::/"~-~"::,-'::::::::::::::::::::::::_,-~':\'-,|:"'";;;;;;;;;;;;;;,-'¯::'-,:',\|
……….………../::/::::::::::::::::|:::::::::::::::::::::::::::_,„-~"¯\:\'-,|;''-';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,-'--,::\-:\:\|
……….………/::::|::::::::::::::::|::::::::::::::::::::::::,-';;'-';;;;',/;\/;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,-.,|:::\-,:|\|..\|
……….……./:::::::\:::::::::::::::|:::::::::::::::::::::,-';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,-~'''("-.,\:::|\:|::''
……….…...,':::::::,':::::::::::::::|::::::::::::::::::,-'/;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,--'::::::/"~'
……….…..,'::::::::|:::::::::::::::|::::::::::::::,„-~"::|;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,-'::::::::,'::::/
……….…./:::::::::|:::::::::::::„-|--~~""¯¯¯::',:::::,';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,':::::::::::|_,-'
………...,'::::::::::::",:,-~"¯::::|::::"-,::::::::::|:::/;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,':::::::|::::,'
………../:::::::::::::::|::::::::::::|:::::::"-,:::::::\:::|¯¯¯"""~-,~,_/::::::::,':::/
……..,-“::::::::::::::::|::::::::::::|::::::::::"~-,_::|::\: : : : : : |: : \::::::::/:/
…..,-“:::::::::::::::::::|::::::::::::|::",:::::::::::::"-':::\: : : : : :|: : :\::::::|::|\ . . Sorry Old Chap, You Aren't Good
..,-“::::::::::::::::::::::\::::::::::::|::::",::::::::::::::::::\: : : : : :\: : :|:::::|::|;;\
-“:::::::::::::::::::::::::::"-,::::::::|:::::::",:::::::::::::::/|\ ,: : : : : : : |::::,'/|::::|
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::"-,:::::|::::::::::"-,_::::::::::\|:/|,: : : : : : :|:::|'-,/|:::|
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::"~-,|_::::::::::::::"~-,_:::"-,/|/\:::::::::::\:::\"-/|::|
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::|:::"~-,_::::::::::::',"-,:::"_|/\:|\: : : : \::\":/|\|
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::|:::::::::::"~-,_:::::\:::\:::"~/_:|:|\: : : '-,\::"::,'\
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::|::::::::::::::::::"-,_:'-,::\:::::::"-,|:||\,-, : '-,\:::|-'-„
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::|:::::::::::::::::::::::,-,'"-:"~,:::::"/_/::|-/\--';;\:::/:||\-,
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::|::::::::::::::::::::::/...'-,::::::"~„::::"-,/_:|:/\:/|/|/|_/:|
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::|:::::::::::::::::::::|……"-,::::::::"~-:::::""~~~"¯:::|
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::|:::::::::::::::::::::|………"-,_::::::::::::::::::::::::::/
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::|:::::::::::::::::::::\………….."~--„_____„„-~~"
Amazing.

:093:

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
Yes.

:009:

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
I think it was a DAC not a hyphen Smash.
mainly from the speed at which he moved (usually you need to dash a bit before you go that far) and also because of the appearance of the Usmash which show a prominent arc.

one other thing is that in both case he fell off the edge at the very peak of the usmash and then fell off.

So its possible that when he DAC'ed the, at the peak of the usmash and its max speed allowed it to go over.
Since as we see the dash(when slowed down) will not go over the edge.

I am not to sure about it though since I've tried replicating it (and I can usually do Sonic's DAC 95% without lag) and I haven't managed to go over at all.

aeghrur

Smash Champion
Awww, I would've liked to have been the temporary memph. =( I might've gotten steak.

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
rotimer just copied that off of... I dunno one of the many forums that has that.

And memph being douche baggy is a total rip off of my TRADE MARKED attitude and mannerisms.
Quit trying to steal my shine, memph, I swear to god.

kataridragon

Smash Ace
Nice dinosaur.

Anyone come up with some more ideas or potential theories on the Cancel?
(subtle subject change)

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
So, hows it going guys? and why is there so much random, and less on the actual topic? please dont do it to this thread.

Top Bottom