• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*HUSTLE* IV! SEASON FINALE! December 11th! Tournament B.C. SFU Burnaby

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
Last minute tournament.. Too get the BC Melee Power Ranking updated for Winter.. However if December 11th doesn't work for a lot of people specifically for the people in the PR I will change the date for this tournament!

Location: Simon Fraser University (SFU), Burnaby Campus (8888 University Dr.)
Room: Forum Chamber ROOM # MBC 201

Time: We will start at 12pm! Starting with Doubles!

Entrance fees are as follows:
SSBM Singles: $10/person
SSBM Doubles: $10/team
Side events: $5/person (if enough time and interest)

Prizes will go out for 60/30/10 % depending on the amount of entrants..

RULES

General rules:
* Items are set to off.
* Stock and Time are set to 4 stock and 8 minutes respectively.
* Regular sets are best of 3 matches.
* Pools may be used for proper seeding to bracket.
* The Tournament Host is the arbiter of all disputes.
* Stage Striking will be in effect for the first match of the set. The player with the lower port will get to choose the first strike. Loser chooses ban before next match.
One ban per player per set. To be chosen after loss.
* Blind Picks: the first character selection of a set must be without prior knowledge of the opponent's character selection for both players.
* Modified Dave's Stupid Rule: No player can counter pick a stage he or she LAST won on unless agreed upon by both players.
* Gentleman's clause: any stage may be played on so long as both players and the Tournament Host agree to it, including banned stages. This can be used in tandem with the Modified Dave's Stupid Rule (MDSR).
* Timed out matches will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, replay that match. Any Sudden Death match is strictly not to be played.
* For teams, Team-Attack is ON and life-stealing is allowed.
* Stalling is defined as extending the match indefinitely to the point where the opponent cannot do anything to prevent it. This may involve peach wall-bombing, Ice-climber freeze glitch, etc. Shine stalling is not a "stall". For any disputes regarding this, Eric Brown (TO) must be contacted and he will decide whether a situation can be called stalling. Any person found stalling a match will forfeit that match, but not the set.
* Winners' Final, Losers' Final, Winners' semis and Losers' semis and Grand Finals are best of 5 matches.
* BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER!

Stages:
Starter/Random Stages:

* Dream Land: Fountain of Dreams (Banned in teams due to lag)
* Past Stages: Dream Land
* Special Stages: Final Destination
* Special Stages: Battlefield
* Yoshi's Island: Yoshi's Story

Counter-pick Stages:

* Kanto: Pokemon Stadium
* Planet Zebes: Brinstar
* Mushroom Kingdom: Rainbow Cruise
* Past Stages: Kongo Jungle

Equipment

We are gonna need GC's, Wii's, SSBM discs, and TV's if we want to make this tournament run smoothly, so please bring any set ups if you can.. Also if you want to record some videos for this tournament bring a recording set up.

1. [Wii] Blunted_Object10

Players (* = maybe)

1. Blunted_Object10
2. NoobKing
3. Mike
4. SpaceFalcon
5. Marvic*
6. Sion*
7. Rhett
9. Tahsis*
10. Myler
11. Bwmat
12. Blowtoes
13. Patooty
14. Rusty*
15. Meta
16. Dieslow
17. Edgeluca*
18. Alex20*

Sion

Island of Horizon
Erc, I don't think this date works for a lot of people.

I've already made other plans since I thought Hustle IV wouldn't happen on Dec 4th. It happens in 4 days with only a couple people confirmed. Perhaps we should wait for a better date?

Diakonos

Smash Lord
I can't make it this day. I arranged other things since I thought we weren't having this.

11th?

Sion

Island of Horizon
11th is still a bit out of place, but a bit more workable.

I'd ask around, but I don't know how to get in contact with anyone except for Erc, Will, Yakal, and maybe John.

ShinerCCC

Smash Cadet
I can't come this weekend because finals are ****** me. But I'm done all of them after the 9th so the weekend of the 11th works great. I was kind of planning on going to Vancouver anyway.

Whether I go or not, I think Daltsy is planning on going, if that is the case make sure you give him my pillow this time Eric =P

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
Erc, I don't think this date works for a lot of people.

I've already made other plans since I thought Hustle IV wouldn't happen on Dec 4th. It happens in 4 days with only a couple people confirmed. Perhaps we should wait for a better date?
I can't make it this day. I arranged other things since I thought we weren't having this.

11th?
Alright 11th it is!

I figured December 4th wouldn't work :p

Sion

Island of Horizon
Wait, wait.

Don't confirm me yet. My boy Coud's birthday is around this date and I don't know if he's gonna celebrate it yet.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Fyi I can't join singles til 330 or so. If we do john's tournament though, I wouldn't be playing til then anyway.

I have an exam til 230 that day.

DaZe

Smash Apprentice
This could not have fallen on a worse day for me. I already committed myself to a Christmas party Friday night so it's doubtful I will be able to show. Have fun guys!

SKidd

Smash Master
I wish I could go

but no,

I'll be in my room

practicing

THE PEACH MATCHUP

ShinerCCC

Smash Cadet
YESSSSSS PILLOW RETRIEVING POTENTIAL

also potential getting 5th in dubs with my wingmate, the bird of terror

THE SCARIEST

SO MUCH TERROR

Sion

Island of Horizon
meme
i swear i've become better at doubles

if i go >.>

edit: scratch that, i think finding a for sure teammate would be better

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Well, if we started the invitational tournament, there would be no doubles.

What exactly is going on? It's probably easier to say I can't make it. And maybe that's okay since Eric/Sion/John/Myself wouldn't be playing in the first tournament.

booshk

Smash Lord
I think we should do Johns tourney thing starting in January since I don't think John is coming to this one..

Yea Adam we winning teams no problem. ;)
YES I LOVE U ERIC

and let's play soon , fri or something for a couple of hours or something. prob can't play for a long time after that!

Metà

Smash Master
little late to be making this topic, no?

also, I don't think we can use the same room. rotunda is a possibility, as well as our ooold room we used to use back in the day in the applied sciences building. i'm like 99% sure I can get that room booked no problem, but the atrium is different because it's controlled by the SFSS. I'll ask though. Atrium is our first choice, right?

also, borrowing TV's from SFU is highly unlikely at this time but I'll see if I can make that happen.

Top Bottom