• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hunter X Hunter Mafia | ~ Mafia Wins!! ~

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
uh, pretty sure it's past the stated time of the deadline, which would imply, it has

and if it hasn't i'm going to be mad

just like I am in most games when someone does something specifically to be a **** to me

No Lynch

Smash Journeyman
It hasn't.

And I'm picking #1 @ players. If you want to get last place with me I could care less if you pick the same, but that's the number I taking.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
21:30 AST is 9:30 central time. Which is 1 hour and 45 minutes from now.

I'm sending in 2, in case Kevin is serious about only sending in 4.

:phone:

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Sorry NL I spent too much money winning the auction. I'm 1 jenis short of being able to in the minigame, cuz I spent offered 1 more than BSL did :)

@Kary, How the **** am I riding your coattails by saying the exact same thing you did, before you ever said it? Like, I'm not really getting how me getting on him for being unreasonable has anything to do with you, or my opinion of you. As for the BSP read, I gave brief statements+reads on every player in the game in one of my posts yesterday. Lemme pull it up.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Here it is, post #681

BSP
I honestly think BSP and I think a lot alike. His early interaction with No Lynch felt like the way I'd probably react to that kind of meaningless pressure. Maybe it's because we have about the same amount of mafia experience. I don't wanna trick myself into confirming him as town, but I'm not seeing scum from him either. What I'd like to see is him acting outside of being pushed. That would give me a much better read.
Town lean
Note that this was made immediately BEFORE he started going on and on about how we should just get it over with and kill him. I'm willing to roll with the idea that BSP is scum now that he's basically daring us to kill him, and voting himself.

I think he knows better than to self-vote as a townie, and I think he's trying to get us to quicklynch him and end the day before we have a chance to try find his partner. I could have understood the breakdown at the end of yesterDay, if it wasn't still continuing into toDay. He's had more than enough time to cool off and collect himself, and he's still acting like this. He's not that dumb, so I'll amend this as
Scum Lean

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
And I'm picking #1 @ players. If you want to get last place with me I could care less if you pick the same, but that's the number I taking.
'I only joined in this minigame to screw over another player because I don't trust them, but if I end up screwing over myself or someone else in the process then I guess that's too bad'

I give up

@Kary, How the **** am I riding your coattails by saying the exact same thing you did, before you ever said it? Like, I'm not really getting how me getting on him for being unreasonable has anything to do with you, or my opinion of you.
It's really simple

Kary provokes Riddle. Riddle responds to Kary. Joker starts quizzing Riddle about his response to Kary, something he couldn't have done without Kary's inital action, and thereby putting himself in the middle of the Kary/Riddle conversation.

The kicker is, basically all you did was ask Riddle for reads, so why you chose to do so using the context of his response to me I have no idea.

What I might be saying, is, you're getting in my way.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
No, you're not doing that at all. I only brought it up because I love entertaining pointless hypotheticals in the middle of mafia games.

OH WAIT

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
You guys are dumb .. can everyone listen to me for a second.

The chance of scum being in this minigame is pretty high theoretically. By all voting four we leave this game to random chance and unless you want to believe the majority of players in this are scum more then likely a townie ends up with the important prize. I was going to legitimately win the game but with this many players I thought of a safer solution.

If anyone votes a number lower then four they are lynched.

I don't get why you all have to treat this so antitown this is the perfect minigame to give our towniest players an advantage. Yet you all want to somehow screw each other over because of discrepancies in each others playstyle early in the buy phase?

Also @194 ill get to what you asked when I'm home yay 13 hour shifts.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Note the second paragraph was more directed at the fact that I'm disgusted we aren't actively trying to figure out ways to make sure town benefits from these games.

Kary was on the right track, but I think there could be a more efficient strategy

Otherwise we use the 4 that way Mafia can't gain an advantage in anyway other then chance without being forced to reveal themselves.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
why the hell would you want to leave it to chance, when you can force a situation where the towniest players pick the lowest numbers and no-one can stop one of them from winning?

Unless you actually want ridiculous inactive FF to be as likely to win as BSL/NL etc.

aaaaanyway

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
and that's a helluva ninja

kevmo I agree in theory with the 'no-one picks lower than x' but I think the odds of a townie doing something stupid are higher than scum putting themselves in the firing line for a few dollar

No Lynch

Smash Journeyman
Kev that makes absolutely no sense. Kary is right in this case. If you want 2nd then take #2 and have bsl take #3. Otherwise you'll just be giving scum more power.

No Lynch

Smash Journeyman
I'm not getting it. What problem do you have with us taking the first three spots? I don't think anyone disagrees that we are town.

The only scum in the game is 194 with a possibility of Frozen. If they decide to deviate and both take #1 & 2. Town still wins. Best they can get is third.

No Lynch

Smash Journeyman
Basically so long as town sticks to their number, no matter what scum does, town will still get the first two spots.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I'm not against that? Are you reading my second post I'm talking about its in towns best interest to do things like that hence me saying Kary was on the right track.. we need to rig these games for town because it will give us an advantage . The initial way of people just wanting to play the game is an antitown way of looking at the situation

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I'm not against that? Are you reading my second post I'm talking about its in towns best interest to do things like that hence me saying Kary was on the right track.. we need to rig these games for town because it will give us an advantage . The initial way of people just wanting to play the game is an antitown way of looking at the situation

I'm not understanding your issue then. Not a single person has disagreed with the idea that we should rig it for town winning. Who are you seeing claim we should allow it to be random?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Only other thing I want to say is that I'm against NL having the top slot

Me laying out what is IMO the best pro-town strategy, the only question being the townie-ness of the players I put forward, and THEN them weighing in, and putting themselves at the top of the list? What the ****?

I mean it probably makes sense to them given they seem to have myself + frozen + 194 as scum, but still, if you're going to play like a walking liability I don't think you should have the top slot anyways.

Rajam

Smash Champion

Congrats to PrivateJoker-Brown who won the auction (3101 J) and the Vase of Flowing Water card!

Revenue (Cards + Auction + Minigame):
12061 Jenis

Final stock:
Common Cards:
47 List (120 J)
45 Sight vision (440 J)
50 Fluoroscopy (290 J)
46 Trade (390 J)

Uncommon cards:
21 Penetrate (650 J)
10 Transform (530 J)
12 Prison (680 J)

Rare Cards:
5 Thief (1080 J)
8 Accompany (1260 J)

Others:
19 Masadora Cards Pack (1500 J)

Mini-game entrants:
BSL
KevinM
Kary
frozenflame751
No Lynch

Deadline: Sep 19th 22:00 AST
Remember to send your actions for this mini-game!

Rules:
Win the Resolution System!

It will have a 400 J entry fee. If you want to in, just post “In Mini-game”, bolded. Rules are the next:
- The game will last 120 hours, or until all actions are submitted.
- Each player must send me via PM an integer number between 1 and 20. Lowest number wins, unless someone else picks the same number as you; in that case, you'd get a worse place, according to the next criteria:
- First, the numbers received will be separated into two piles: First pile will contain the non-repeated numbers, and the second pile will have the numbers that were chosen twice or more times.
- Numbers from the first pile will be ordered first, from lowest to highest, and then numbers from the second pile will be ordered, from highest to lowest value. This final order will decide the winners for this minigame.

Example:
The next numbers were sent to the mod:

- Player A sent number 5
- Player B sent number 3
- Player C sent number 2
- Player D sent number 3
- Player E sent number 1
- Player F sent number 1
- Player G sent number 3
- Player H sent number 6
- Player I sent number 4
- Player J sent number 4
- Player K sent number 1

Final positions will be then:

First Pile: Non-repeated numbers:
Player C goes first (2)
Next is player A (5)
Then player H (6)

Second Pile: Repeated numbers:
Players I and J come next after player H (who goes first between I and J will be decided at random) (4)
Then, players B, D and G (order between these three will be chosen at random) (3)
Finally, come players E, F and K (order at random between these three) (1)

- Final results will be public including options.
- If a player doesn’t send a number within 120 hours, that player will be assigned last place.
- If there is a tie between 2 or more players for a certain final place, those players will be untied at random.
- If the Day Phase ends before the mini-game ends, the game will be left unfinished with no winners.

Prizes:
- 1st place: 4000 Jenis and a Masadora Spell Card Pack.
- 2nd place: 2000 Jenis and an Analysis card.
- 3rd place: 1000 Jenis.

Day Phase 2 begins!

• Players may now use cards with the Gain command in their books, as well as specifying targets.
    Example: Gain: 1 Analysis: (target)
  • Deadline for this Day Phase 1: [glow]Saturday Sep 22th 22:00 AST[/glow]
  • Don't forget the mini-game!
  • With 12 players, it takes 7 votes to lynch!

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
You don't see it because I didn't do it. If you wanna give some kind of case or something, that'd be cool, but I'm not just lynch him, and I certainly won't quicklynch him.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
On a side note, when I checked my book to see what that expensive *** card I just won in auction did, it had already been stolen from me.

Somebody out there has the ability to steal/destroy the cards in other people's books. Whether it's a power from their role, or a power they got from another card, I couldn't say.

Smash Rookie
Tons of delay in my answer but ok, I won't take any of the lead places in the minigame. We should take this kind of decisions before players can join the minigame, however (I will lose valuable 400 J :( )

Why so sure about me scum, @NoLynch ?

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Also also, the card's ability was that it could remove any restrictions from your role PM, so whoever ganked it from me may now have the ability to remove restrictions. Since the bomb was classified as a restriction, this person now has the ability to destroy the bomb as he sees fit, which means trying to telegraph distribution of the bomb is now impossible to do safely, considering the thief could potentially be (and very likely is) mafia.

Rajam

Smash Champion
It is now Twilight. Flip shortly.

The mini-game was left unfinished and hence there are no prizes awarded.

Cards can't be used from now on; you will have to wait until the next Day Phase.

Top Bottom