• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Huge Johnz 2: Justice shall be served April 28th Portage IN venue confirmed

Hank McCoy

Smash Ace
Good stuff, Rick.

If it's successful, is it gonna be used for Tiers Don't Exist?
well, i pretty much just copy and pasted over the stuff bigc needed from our tournament document, so yes. im 99% sure this will be successful.

and yes MWHS is comin out full force.

Two-Face

You Live | You Die
program might not be ready in time. tink i hope you bring those cards. we will prob pick up some notecards just in case

Sliq

Smash Master
well, i pretty much just copy and pasted over the stuff bigc needed from our tournament document, so yes. im 99% sure this will be successful.

and yes MWHS is comin out full force.
HUZZAH! I get a crap ton of points for playing as my main. Win win.

Tink

Smash Hero
EVERYONE OGING TO THE HOTEL....WERE GETTING THERE AT 8. so dont come before that.

also, BRING CUBES!!!

BIG C

Smash Master
top 3

singles
1st - tink
2nd - jiano
3rd - dante

teams
1st - Team Anal Leakage FTL(viperboy and tink)
2nd - 2222 good(BigD and Sliq)
3rd - Tapioness(Tapion and Jazzness)

Two-Face

You Live | You Die
People that made it to 8 man bracket out of ~26 people (listed in order of seed):

1. eddie
2. souroush
3. jiano
4. tink
5. viperboy
6. sliq
7. tapion
8. 5150

(please correct me if wrong...)

things that happened:

1. we decided to use losses as the first tie breaker for swiss.
2. we used wins to determine points instead of sets.
2. people that won more sets than me didn't make it to bracket because they had more losses and i was able to remain tied with them because i never lost a game 0-2.

so we are goign to revise the system. and fix it.

the other thing that happened was a human error which ending up resolving itself, but the bottom line is we need to use a program in the future.

also, we learned we need a good way of announcing matches that didnt involve roudning people up, which took us 15 minutes every round and we did 6 rounds (1.5 hours approx).

some people weren't happy with the brackets but really that's just how it goes. they got seeded there and there's really nothing we could have done legitimately to move them around.

but overall i think it was a successful tournament, and we successfully found errors in our methods, which ultimately was the only goal of huge johns. also, i think it's pretty safe to say nearly everyone liked swiss above round robins except for maybe tapion but he posts on gamefaqs.

please post on what you thought about swiss and what you think should be changed and what should stay.

Tapion013

Smash Lord
i think it's pretty safe to say nearly everyone liked swiss above round robins except for maybe tapion but he posts on gamefaqs.
First off, I didn't say I didn't like it, I just think that with the amount of people that were present, swiss was not a very good idea. What I think should have happened was that Eddie should have gotten first since he went undefeated in swiss, then souroush should've gotten second, etc for seeding just because the 8 man bracket was so... well you saw.

Second off, you're so not gonna be considered for the GF vs SWF Crew battle!

Two-Face

You Live | You Die
Second off, you're so not gonna be considered for the GF vs SWF Crew battle!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i was joking tapion i was joking tapion i was joking tapion i was joking tapion i was joking tapion i was joking tapion i was joking tapion i was joking tapion i was joking tapion i was joking tapion i was joking tapion i was joking tapion i was joking tapion i was joking tapion i was joking tapion i was joking tapion i was joking tapion i was joking tapion i was joking tapion i was joking tapion i was joking tapion i was joking tapion i was joking tapion i was joking tapion i was joking tapion i was joking tapion i was joking tapion i was joking tapion i was joking tapion i was joking tapion i was joking tapion i was joking tapion i was joking tapion i was joking tapion i was joking tapion i was joking tapion i was joking tapion i was joking tapion i was joking tapion i was joking tapion

BIG C

Smash Master
heh, well the swiss isn't meant for such a small turnout we were expecting closer to 40-50 like we had last time. that did not happen though, but like rick said this was just a trial and error run. If you guys want we could prolly have another one next month or something though to try out the new swiss.

Two-Face

You Live | You Die
id like that as long as its later than 5/18 (my last final).

opinions please on the swiss?

BIG C

Smash Master
I think huff might be moved by next month too so it'll be a bigger place.

I liked swiss it was fun basically bcuz no one is eliminated until the bracket like every1 at the tourny keeps playing even if they're always losing. and i got to go for honor points.

Tapion013

Smash Lord
The swiss was good, but because of poor supervision and maintenance of it (not saying it was your guys' faults, some people are just stupid) it wasn't run as smoothly as possible.

As you said, definitely use a program, and you guys weren't really being that loud or authoritative. I know when I'm running a tournament, I yell loud enough so the people across the street can hear me, but even with a megaphone you guys wouldn't have been that loud.

It's also much easier to instead of mass everything in the corner, to go TV by TV and say "AT THIS TV, I WANT *INSERT PLAYER* AND *INSERT PLAYER* and so on. Announcing isn't always as effective, especially when, like what happened on saturday, someone decides to unhook a gamecube and you don't have the amount of setups you originally planned so people get confused. (Basically be more organized).

The bracket was fine, the only reason there were complaints were because of the small amounts of people. Unfortunately you didn't really get good practice on how to arrange a bracket because of it, and will need a much bigger attendance to see how to work that out. Maybe instead what should be done is to just play swiss until you have a definite top 3 and just give them money and just ditch the bracket.

Just a couple suggestions...

Cherokee Warrior

Smash Ace
thank you. i have a few johns for why things that you said happened. but if i made a john i would lose honor points. more suggestions plz!!!

Sliq

Smash Master
SHOUTOUTS!:

Rick - For spontaneously handing me cool honor points in Big D and my team matches.

Crashman - For hitting me in the balls with his controller.

Tapion - For complimenting my Jiggs and d-airing me a lot.

Viperboy - For 2-0'ing me, even though I thought I could've won either of our matches. I'M GUNNING FOR YOU!!!

Eddie - For haxxing with Marth and tippering me when I was below his platform.

Big C - For the Chillindude quote, and for that kickass dance.

Big D- For representing in Teams. 2222 GOOD!

Tink - For getting Falcon Punch comboed by Jiano.

Jiano - For Falcon Punch comboing Tink. Also, for power shielding almost all of VB's lasers.

Souroush - For not playing me in the tournament and his close matches with VB.

DaBear - Zelda ftw. I call hax on your Thunder Foot.

Also, shoutout to everyone in the hotel rooms both nights.

Cherokee Warrior

Smash Ace
im pretty sure, off the top of my head, you had 8 points, which was not enough to get into the top 8. you needed a minimum of 9 points.

DrewB008

Smash Lord
yeah, deku had 8 points after all the rounds, and we were breaking ties between people with 9 points to get in. you were tied with several other people with 8 points as well, i dont know right now whether you were on top of that or not.

DaBearX

Smash Journeyman
Haha thanks Sliq, your jiggs is too good.

Obviously I need more practice though, if I broke into brackets I coulda nailed at least (and likely at most) another 42 HPs. Alas. Good **** to all the people I matched... even Jiano who ***** my zelda without remorse. Thanks for the peach advice Tapion. See you all next time around.

Kel

Smash Master
Just give us enough notice for whenever you want to hold the next one Big C. Sorry I couldn't make this one. I should be at the next one.

Sliq

Smash Master
OMG are there vids from here!?!?!
I'm currently working on it, although if you search for sliq111 (my youtube account) the teams finals and one match of the singles finals are up (you'll know why it is only that match when you watch it).

Jazzness

Smash Ace
Deku you were there? I didn't know ... we should've played some friendlies!

Overall, good tournament, no complaints ... sorry I couldn't stay for swiss singles.

Good job to Sliq'n Drew for stepping it up and knocking me'n Tapion outta 2nd place.

Well done, Tink and TJ for beasting us and taking first in doubles.

Congratulatins, Tink, Jiano, and Dante for singles results. Dante, you've gotten a lot better since we last played. Awesome friendlies and nice seeing you and Jiano again!

Everyone, I had great fun in our friendlies, I hope to get the opportunity to smash with you again at Tourneybee (if I go).

Tapion -- nice teaming with you! It was a bit rough at times, and we both had our off-games, but overall I think we're not bad at all!

Tapion013

Smash Lord
No back to back johnz for Jiano. lol he won in falcon punching catigory though
Only cuz his was recorded... I was playing with jazzness (with jiano watch btw) and he just says "Where's the tapion punches?" so I did two in a row... that's gotta count as something... right?

Top Bottom