• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Huge Johnz 2: Justice shall be served April 28th Portage IN venue confirmed

BIG C

Smash Master
Only cuz his was recorded... I was playing with jazzness (with jiano watch btw) and he just says "Where's the tapion punches?" so I did two in a row... that's gotta count as something... right?
no friendlies dont count for anything. ypu should know that. I do have a question for u tho. Did ypu know that on the back of the red falcon, it says bloodhawk????

Tapion013

Smash Lord
...I hate you guys... but with love cuz you guys are too cool to hate.

Big C, enjoy it while you can... which I guess goes without saying cuz I already know you will...

Right now I'm expecting when I go to FC to have the big screens up with a picture of red falcon to his back, and every single TV paused in the same position. Then in big letters across the stage read "Tapion... did you know... that on the back of the red falcon... it says blood hawk?"

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
GG's everyone was a really fun tourney. I really liked the swiss format, everyone got a lot of tourney matches. Only thing I didn't like was the large wait in between rounds. Sometimes I'd play my match first thing then wait 15-20 mins waiting for everyone else to finish. (gj Yoru for ****ing up and not playing -.-) Overall a really fun tourney and I wouldn't mind doing swiss again.

P.S- I ***** the large one in Marth ditto's ^_^

BIG C

Smash Master
lol side did defeat me :(

and heh i will try tapion i will try other than the wwhole every tv thing i'll get the projectors for it i'll talk with the kishes.

Tapion013

Smash Lord
Screw you. It was a mistake. It only took a few minutes and I don't think anyone really cared.... ^_^
It didn't really matter to me, but it caused a problem with the unorganized tournament directors. It really wasn't your fault, it was the fact that it was 5150's first tournament.

Cherokee Warrior

Smash Ace
It didn't really matter to me, but it caused a problem with the unorganized tournament directors. It really wasn't your fault, it was the fact that it was 5150's first tournament.
actually, it really wasn't. i even had eye contact from the people who i yelled to to play their matches. so dont ****ing blame it on me. im not mad at yoru, but i realize that if i want swiss to run smoothly, i need a projector, because essentially im doing the equivalent of calling out pools 8 different times, which is bound to have people not hear/listen/understand.

Tink

Smash Hero
you could use a sheet of paper too. just tape it on a wall and let people know where it is.

Two-Face

You Live | You Die
you could use a sheet of paper too. just tape it on a wall and let people know where it is.
well ideally we will only need paper for station #'s, the matches will be displayed via projector.

Two-Face

You Live | You Die
So I see on-deck went smoothly :)
actually for the most part it did.

we only had 2 burps. 1 was the yoru incident. 1 was this LOTR guy taking what seemed like 8 minutes every match he played because from what i heard neither him nor his opponents would attempt kill moves. but that wasn't the REAL thing that slowed us down. it was people not reporting matches. or people who said they reported it, but they did it while i was recording other matches down. way to solve this is just form a single-file line instead of having everyone destroy me in the corner surrounded by WoW players.

Tapion013

Smash Lord
i even had eye contact from the people who i yelled to to play their matches. so dont ****ing blame it on me.
I'm not blaming it on you per se, just your inexperience in tournament directoring. You need to realize that people don't report matches, people play matches early, and people don't hear everything when so many are around (even if you look at them in the face.) You have too look around and make sure every match is played, not just assume they heard it. physically put them there if you have to.

Undefined

Smash Apprentice
I'm not blaming it on you per se, just your inexperience in tournament directoring. You need to realize that people don't report matches, people play matches early, and people don't hear everything when so many are around (even if you look at them in the face.) You have too look around and make sure every match is played, not just assume they heard it. physically put them there if you have to.
ok. understood.

that 1 guy

Smash Ace
I hope people aren't upset with me for that little misshap when I thought I had a bye. I'm really sorry about that but I didn't hear the announcement that there weren't going to be any byes. I think things ran pretty well regardless of the few screw ups.

Sliq

Smash Master
I hope people aren't upset with me for that little misshap when I thought I had a bye. I'm really sorry about that but I didn't hear the announcement that there weren't going to be any byes. I think things ran pretty well regardless of the few screw ups.
:mad: I"M UPSET WITH YOU FOR THAT LITTLE MISHAP WHEN YOU THOUGHT YOU HAD A BYE!

RAWR!

Edit: I'm going to murder Jekyll and eat his brain for its super spell checking ability.

Jekyll

Smash Ace
Cmon sliq. There's nothing funny about incorrect spelling...

toss a "t" on the end of "though" and we'll just forget this happened.

Top Bottom