• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Huge Johnz 2: Justice shall be served April 28th Portage IN venue confirmed

Mars-

Smash Champion
thats not why you dont need to practice camping, idiot. you dont need to practice it cuz its ****ing easy. all you do is do nothing and wait throwing out projectiles. IF U NEED TO PRACITCE THAT, THEN GG, GL HF W/ UR SMASH CAREER FRO.
Heh, already raged.

mathos

Smash Champion
thats not why you dont need to practice camping, idiot. you dont need to practice it cuz its ****ing easy. all you do is do nothing and wait throwing out projectiles. IF U NEED TO PRACITCE THAT, THEN GG, GL HF W/ UR SMASH CAREER FRO.
Camping is a lot harder than most give it credit for. Yes it is easy to spam but to camp is different.

Hank McCoy

Smash Ace
Camping is a lot harder than most give it credit for. Yes it is easy to spam but to camp is different.
by definition its not. it is sitting and waiting. thats what camping is. sitting and waiting for your opponent to come, whilst throwing out projectiles. fighting is harder than camping.

Tapion013

Smash Lord
by definition its not. it is sitting and waiting. thats what camping is. sitting and waiting for your opponent to come, whilst throwing out projectiles. fighting is harder than camping.
You forgot to add while avoiding your opponents attacks and not taking damage yourself... Camping really is pretty difficult to do effectively...

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
Which just shows you have no concept of what camping entails. That is exactly not what Mathos does.

Hank McCoy

Smash Ace
You forgot to add while avoiding your opponents attacks and not taking damage yourself... Camping really is pretty difficult to do effectively...
because its NEVER effective at high levels of play. its only used at lower/mid levels.

easy as hell.
Which just shows you have no concept of what camping entails. That is exactly not what Mathos does.
so you mean, with falco, running in lasers, then running back lasers? WOW SO HARD LOL
hahahahahahha, ya OK, its really advanced play ROFL.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
I don't see what the problem is really. Who cares if "fighting" is harder then "camping" one works better in a situation and vice-versa. If I'm playing Fox why should I rush a Marth, Shiek, etc when I can easily just spam lasers and make him come to me???

Overswarm

is laughing at you
because its NEVER effective at high levels of play. its only used at lower/mid levels.

easy as hell.

so you mean, with falco, running in lasers, then running back lasers? WOW SO HARD LOL
hahahahahahha, ya OK, its really advanced play ROFL.
So you're just winning all sorts of tournaments with your non-camping then, huh?

....right?

Hank McCoy

Smash Ace
So you're just winning all sorts of tournaments with your non-camping then, huh?

....right?
im not as good at fighting as tink is. does tink camp? does darkrain camp? does dope camp? does vidjo camp on neutrals? (i even got him to say he didnt on aim)

ya, gg 2 u.

oh what about the top ec players, they camp all the time right? ROFL.

Sliq

Smash Master

....right?
His argument is that no good "campy" person is winning tournaments, only super aggressive people. Except HugS...but he isn't campy, just defensive.

Edit: I look like an idiot posting this right after he explained himself, but I did type this while he was posting...

Also, just because it isn't happening doesn't mean it isn't capable of happening. Sure, it is a safe bet, but it isn't impossible for someone to become really good at camping and win. Judging from current trends, however I can see why you would believe it to be unlikely and therefore detrimental.

To be honest, I learn the most and grow the most through friendlies, not tournament play. And during friendlies I don't camp or pick crazy stages. So narrowing tournament play will only work if people actually practice camping and weird stages and that is it. Then it will force them to practice the other things in order to do better. But I don't really think that is the case...

Mars-

Smash Champion
are the people who are winning tournaments camping.
No. However, are these people able to camp if they need to? Yes.

If you are in the finals, last match, you get to counterpick, are you going to go on a stage that will give both people a fair match, or are you going to go to a stage where you get a really good advantage over your opponent? If you say you would go to a fair stage then you are lying.

Also I would like to make something clear. There is a huge difference between camping and spamming. Camping you run all day and shoot stuff to give them damage so they have to keep chasing you. Spamming, which is what 5150 is getting confused with camping, is where you stand on one side of the stage and spam lasers to make them approach you. Spamming you don't run when they approach you, camping you do. Up Bing on corneria is not camping, because you are not running. If you did run, you wouldn't be able to up b all day.

I do not support camping, or spamming. However, there is a difference between being able to run all day and having a good advantage. Pokefloats and Rainbow Cruise make camping possible, which is why I support them being banned. However, corneria can be bottle-necked, because in order to run, they have to go over the fin, which makes them catchable. Corneria give an advantage, because they have to go through your projectiles/up Bs, however once they get to you, you are fighting. The sides are small, the ceiling is low, it isn't hard to KO in the stage. You talk about corneria like it is impossible to go down by the back and fight. It isn't. If the stage is so easy to learn, then why can't you fight on it? Because it isn't.

Hank McCoy

Smash Ace
why would they EVER camp if it doesnt work?

If you are in the finals, last match, you get to counterpick, are you going to go on a stage that will give both people a fair match, or are you going to go to a stage where you get a really good advantage over your opponent? If you say you would go to a fair stage then you are lying.
if i can fight better than my opponent, then i will tkae them to stage where i can use my superior fighting skills, like battlefield. if i coudlnt fight, i would go to pokeflaots and do 1-hit runaways all match.

Also I would like to make something clear. There is a huge difference between camping and spamming. Camping you run all day and shoot stuff to give them damage so they have to keep chasing you. Spamming, which is what 5150 is getting confused with camping, is where you stand on one side of the stage and spam lasers to make them approach you. Spamming you don't run when they approach you, camping you do. Up Bing on corneria is not camping, because you are not running. If you did run, you wouldn't be able to up b all day.
actually, you have no idea what u are talking abouT, AGAIN. why do you think they call mathos SPAMthos. he runs around shooting lasers.

spamming = overusing a move
camping = staying in place, waiting for them to approach, and generally spamming projectiles

you cant even get simple definitions right....

I do not support camping, or spamming. However, there is a difference between being able to run all day and having a good advantage. Pokefloats and Rainbow Cruise make camping possible, which is why I support them being banned. However, corneria can be bottle-necked, because in order to run, they have to go over the fin, which makes them catchable. Corneria give an advantage, because they have to go through your projectiles/up Bs, however once they get to you, you are fighting. The sides are small, the ceiling is low, it isn't hard to KO in the stage. You talk about corneria like it is impossible to go down by the back and fight. It isn't. If the stage is so easy to learn, then why can't you fight on it? Because it isn't.
corneria is one of the worst camping levels ever. YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME. PLEASE. STOP. POSSSSSSTTTTTTINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG.

and ANYONE can fight on it. its not hard. once again..........ITS NOT A SCOOBY DOO MYSTERY. and i fyou think i cant fight on corneria, we will $20 mm on it, ok????

Zjiin

Smash Master
If they are winning tourneys, why would they need to camp? I think this is a fine example of the lack of necessity of reverting to a counter-productive fighting style.

Know how to fight, you won't ever need to camp. Talk about it all you want, but in the end, the people who win in the MW don't camp, and the people who win even bigger don't either. I don't see how this is so hard to understand.

Hank McCoy

Smash Ace
If they are winning tourneys, why would they need to camp? I think this is a fine example of the lack of necessity of reverting to a counter-productive fighting style.

Know how to fight, you won't ever need to camp. Talk about it all you want, but in the end, the people who win in the MW don't camp, and the people who win even bigger don't either. I don't see how this is so hard to understand.
discussion = OVER.

(thx zjiin)

Mars-

Smash Champion
why would they EVER camp if it doesnt work?
It must work since you think it needs to be banned.

if i can fight better than my opponent, then i will tkae them to stage where i can use my superior fighting skills, like battlefield. if i coudlnt fight, i would go to pokeflaots and do 1-hit runaways all match.
Rofl, so apparently you can go to battlefield to show your superior fighting skills, but as soon as it is a stage like corneria, it isn't fighting? Sounds like you just can't adapt to a stage, and take the easy way out instead of learning how to use it.

actually, you have no idea what u are talking abouT, AGAIN. why do you think they call mathos SPAMthos. he runs around shooting lasers.

spamming = overusing a move
camping = staying in place, waiting for them to approach, and generally spamming projectiles

you cant even get simple definitions right....
Rofl, here is an example of how you don't understand what you are saying. You called camping a "1-hit runaways" before and how you call it staying in place? Can you please get one or the other.

corneria is one of the worst camping levels ever. YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME. PLEASE. STOP. POSSSSSSTTTTTTINGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
Rofl, kid, you don't even know what you are saying. You should read half this **** your typing out. I told you why you can't camp as well on corneria as PF and RC and this is how you PROVE me wrong? I am using proof, you are using opinions. I will if you really need it, get a picture of corneria and draw out why they can't escape, infact:

Can you see it now? Its a ****ing roadblock. You can't just magicly appear on the other side, you have to go around your opponent, which means they can hit you.
and ANYONE can fight on it. its not hard. once again..........ITS NOT A SCOOBY DOO MYSTERY. and i fyou think i cant fight on corneria, we will $20 mm on it, ok????
Well according to you, you can't fight on corneria, because you can only camp on that stage. Sorry.

that 1 guy

Smash Ace
I'm not exactly sure if I remember this correctly, but I think I remember mew2king saying he likes to dash dance laser camp.

edit: anyway if this is true then arguments about it not working at higher levels of play are incorrect.

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
Actually KDJ did camp somewhat against me, as do most Foxes. Forward did as well just this past weekend.

This discussion needs to go elsewhere, again. It ends now.

that 1 guy

Smash Ace
So I've been totally practicing for this tournament. Like I'm memorizing a ton of potential phrases I can use at the end of a match like, "OMG WTF you have to be using AR because your luigi has soo much priority." Or my personal favourite, "You only won because I'm handicapped. I mean how am I supposed to win with a controller made of legos?"

BIG C

Smash Master
ohaha side has lost 3 consecutive marth dittos to me and has exclaimed that if he does not take a match off me again, cuz i am 6-0 vs him i believe cuz im too clutch, he will never play marth vs me again.

Tink

Smash Hero
game junkies is no longer this day. NO JOHNS to people that were saying they wernt comming because of that :pPP.

Top Bottom