• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How's life?

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
heyy Phil. Great to hear from you again :). Yeah I'm pretty sure most of us are still playing melee. Plus theres a lot of new players coming into the scene now. I THINK Euan has quit

J03

Smash Master
Phil... my god. 07816380025, send us a text and We'll catch up or something.

You'll remember some of the fimilar faces. Lots of new ones though... boards arent used anywhere near as much these days, no need to really unless your organising something.

Euan has pretty much quit aye I think it was because we recruited pretty much the entire Mafia into SDB rofl, no evidence on it like so who knows. Z still plays but hes sorting his life out so he hasnt been online much at all, unlike you philerino xD. in fact he'll love to here from you too, next time Dmans is on msn ill get him to pass along the message =).

Also im pretty alright at this game now =o. Theres a fest at wills on the 19th (this weekend), some peeps are staying at mine the night before and night after, I live in manchester with the missus these days and wills living in a house in bolton. The fest is pretty much the NW faces plus some brawlers and Charles who now plays falcon =o.

Glad to see your alive actually mate, tried to come and see you but got to sunderland then found out noone knew where you lived lol. Anyway i really hope to see you soon lad, in or out of smash.

PS: hope you got some meat on your bones, if not ill have to get you a Mcdonalds or something.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
lol Phil's basically the funniest player you've ever met.

Yea it would def be good to see you again Phil, most of the old players you'd recognise are still in the mix. Will and Joe have improved a fair bit and I'd say I'm considerably better than the last time I played you. I'm still living in Southampton atm so which is still a bit far but yea it'd be great to see you again :)

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
Good to hear you're still on the surface Phil, your presence and banter at tournaments etc. has been sorely missed by all :confused: :suess:

Im still partial to playing smash, still enjoy it alot etc just hard to find the time. Remember that game Street Fighter 3rd Strike as well? Thats actually really good :confused:

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
rofl prof ..
:) lol He is part of the community so I might aswell introduce the best player in the UK to him

WOW i've heard so much about this guy from bbill

i need 2 play reacher just 4 these reason lol

1)the banter
2)link ditto of awsomeness
3)just coz it will b nice 2 c 2 amazin link players play each other coz u dnt c it often
I've played him before when I used to main peach and beat him lol.
But he played fox against me back then, dunno how his link is, I would have alot of fun playing his link cos it would be funny to see a link trying to play my fox and an attempt on winning lol.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
And Jiggs isn't gay loool.....
One hit kill, the dummest and gayest spacing ever, recovers for life....the dumbest and gayest spacing ever and the dumbest and gayes spacing ever.

Reacher

Smash Apprentice
Alright lads? Good news at least to hear melee is still the game of choice.

Cheers for the offer Joe but I can't make it this weekend, have to work, and unfortunately I have to work most weekends now :ohwell: I'll play 20 questions with you later though, and at some point I'll definately make it up to see you and the rest of the north-west massive.

I've spoken to Euan and aye, barring a complete turnaround he's done with smash for good it seems :(.

What happened to the Mafia :(?

COEY

Smash Lord
What happened to the Mafia :(?
who? :S

sorry mate they dont ring a bell....

phil mate good to see you posting man, got my own place now it's pretty decent too not paying **** all really for it either. come down whenever, open invite dude whenever your free.

Reacher

Smash Apprentice
who? :S

sorry mate they dont ring a bell....
:( You shouldn't joke about such things Will I'm seriously gutted over here.

Gonna fire some quick questions at you if that's okay,

Are you still at uni or are you in a job now?
Who do you live with?
And most importantly does this open invitation include weekdays?

EDIT: Actually by far the most important question of all is this: If I rock up to play you roughly what percentage of our games are going to involve luigi? Bearing in mind I won't touch the ****er.

J03

Smash Master
Phil, Ill hold you to that, when you free? :laugh:

If weekends are badtimes its pish banter but midweek is just as easy for us uni louts. Z is a college boy so i dunno what his angle is on it :ohwell:

if Z cant make it we'll just organise it for an England game haha, I'll buy the drinks haha.

actually... we should make it for the england game even if Z comes, he'll need a new team to support for the world cup. :laugh:

Pro: play from your sheild against jiggs, WD out of sheild against her W.O.P and upsmash. other then that jiggs is weaker on the vertical so lots of falling upairs rofl.

Reacher

Smash Apprentice
I doubt I'll have a free weekend between now and christmas, the few Saturdays I don't have to work'll get taken up by peoples birthdays and other such trivialities. Pretty much any Monday-Wednesday I have nowt to do though so I could easily cruise down on one of them if you give me like a days notice.

If we go to see an England game you'll have to put up with me cheering for the other side and walking out in disgust if we win. Jonny "Capello" Foreigner is a **** disgrace, Bobby Moore wouldn't have stood for it.

J03

Smash Master
rofl no, he lies in a coffin, a true testiment that times are changing. Capello is a true god send, restoring dignity and discipline to the game, I'll have no words against him =P. 8 games, 8 wins... Capello might just bring home the silverware! You and Z can cheer for the opposition and me and will can cheer for the winners!!!

anyway ive got smash stuff for the next 5 days so ill be sick of it come this monday, but the next 2 or 3 weeks (before uni kicks in) are definatly the best times for me. Do any of them work for you or you wanting to leave it a little longer?

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
what happened to the mafia? SDB ruined it lol. A lot of the old crews are gone now though, I think. But Phil- if you're gonna be able to make anything, let me know and I'll see if I can make it as well.

Reacher

Smash Apprentice
Dignity and discipline my bellend, why not just play Messi on the right and stick Villa upfront, end the Lampard/Gerrard debate once and for all by sticking Xavi and Iniesta in their places, perhaps draft in Casillas to replace Davey J, then sit back and watch them walk the World Cup?

I reckon either the 29th-30th of this month or the 6th-7th of October would be shout-tacular for a visit, if either of those are good for you guys let me know and consider me there. I finally have my own wheels so can be a bit more flexible, not having to fanny about getting well expensive trains and whatnot.

Ben: No worries dudearino I shall keep you up to date, although tbh if you just check this thread you should see what's going down in Junior town.

EDIT: Where's Box?

COEY

Smash Lord
:( You shouldn't joke about such things Will I'm seriously gutted over here.

Gonna fire some quick questions at you if that's okay,

Are you still at uni or are you in a job now?
Who do you live with?
And most importantly does this open invitation include weekdays?

EDIT: Actually by far the most important question of all is this: If I rock up to play you roughly what percentage of our games are going to involve luigi? Bearing in mind I won't touch the ****er.
sorry mate only teasin' scottish are just weak willed without euan in the face of ed's overwhelmingness.

im not in uni or a job lol, im looking for work and probably starting some volunteer stuff.

im living with 4 mates all are sound as ****. they didnt mind when i ran a smash tourney here a couple months ago so will have no probs with you mate.

and as im unemplyed weekdays are no problem either.

also im not really playing luigi much anymore, he's probably still my best character but i will probably play falco and sheik mostly, throw in some peach and fox too possibly a little young linky into the equation as well.

J03

Smash Master
IF its ok with will i would personally prefer the 29th just because i know i am not back in university untill october so it won't get in the way of the ol' studies. Also i can just pop into uni on the way back to sort out some **** so its actually really perfect for me.

Phil how long has it been since you played this game? You still got what it takes, and who do you choose these days?

If you want a quick update will is less of a ***gy **** and im more of one.

GAwes

Hidden Boss
i remember phil, his hair was intense, i miss that dude.

p.s.

"3)just coz it will b nice 2 c 2 amazin link players play each other coz u dnt c it often"

dam.n near puked trying to read this bull****.

Reacher

Smash Apprentice
Okay then if it's alright with you Will I'll pipe up on the 29th?

I haven't played since the last time I saw you guys, ratched out the old gamecube for a quick spin yesterday and well, I'm gash. Feel soooooo slow and clunky. Still confident though obv. Dunno about any particular character, probably the usual top tier ****e.

Wes: You should see my hair/beard combo, it'd blow your mind :laugh:

Monty: No, thank God. How're Caleb and Jake btw?

Where's Box?

bokkusu

Smash Apprentice
yoooo phil, good to hear from you. i've been moving between a couple of places for the past few months and been pretty out of touch with everyone and smash but i've settled into a new place in rugby now. looking for a job atm so sitting around most days doing **** all really. i still have a little itch for melee though so i should probably dust off my gamecube and get some practice in.

COEY

Smash Lord
29th is fine phil mate. Looking forward to it.

Boxy get ur *** to bolton sometime soon :)

J03

Smash Master
rofl good answers lads. Whats it going to be?

by the looks of things ill actually be at uni starting the 28th, dunno my schedule but im prepared for the worst.

may not be possible to have it at mine alan =/.

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
lol Don't know what the situation with the Mafia is Phil, 3 members decided that SDB was better for their careers as smashers these things happen in the world of work as Im sure you know. Maybe Euan is keeping it going on a 4/5 man basis?? Got nowt against Euan though, hope hes doing well and wish him all the best.

Top Bottom