• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How You Feel About Friend Requests

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Do you accept any and every one you get? Do you simply not bother with them? Do you send one to every person you come across?

What do you do with friend requests?

Terra~

Smash Journeyman
I have 1 friend :(

Isn't your goal like on facebook? Most friends possible. IN THE WHOLE WORLD.

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
If someone requests to be your friend, just add them. You win either way. Like what the above said >.> "Most freinds possible!"

I don't mind nor bother much if someone adds me, I know who I talk to the most in here. That being said, its usually the newcomers that add me cos I welcome them in the Meet & Greet.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I usually request to people I talk to alot or people who are my friends IRL. Otherwise, I usually accept whatever friend request.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I usually have to know people to accept friend invites. Or if I don't know them, I need to at least be able to use them for something.

Scott!

Smash Lord
I only request people I know in the real world, but I've accepted others from people I talk to on here. I'm not hyper-social here though. I just show up, lurk, comment, and leave, so I don't get to know too many people all that well.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
I usually have to know people to accept friend invites. Or if I don't know them, I need to at least be able to use them for something.
This. Here on SWF I only add people I shared at least a couple of words with. On Facebook I add acquaintances and friend, I don't accept randoms, they're creepy. If I get a random request on MSN I accept, ask who they are, and procede to delete :D

The point is, don't add/accept random people anywhere.

UberMario

Smash Master
I accept pretty much anyone that sends a friend request,
but I only give requests to people that either I constantly reply to, come up in the same topics as I constantly, or I've brawled with more than an hour-and-a-half total.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
haha I was talking about this yesterday xD

I don't add people I don't know. I also like to keep my friends list restricted to people who are actually friends, so sometimes deleting is in order xD

sammy p

Smash Lord
of course i accept them!
but like everyone else i talk to them first
if theyre friendly i send a friend request if they have not already!

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I've noticed that going to smash tournaments give you an extra 100 some friends on smashboards, and like 200+ on facebook. lmfao.

I like it.

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
Here on Swf I accept any friend request I get. I use them for the ability to go to peoples pages and spam them with friendly and well meaning messages. On livejournal I only watch/friend my favorite artist since their journals are usually friends only.....

I avoid Myspace Twitter Facebook and everything else like the plague. I only have one real friend and I'm happy with that.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
I used to just accept any I got (I don't really send any out), but awhile ago I deleted everyone except those that I know well in real life and/or talk to them a lot outside SWF.

I dunno, I like keeping my friends list tidy I guess >_>

.Marik

is a social misfit
I usually do, although most of the people I add to my Friends List I don't really converse with.

Amide

Smash Lord
My brother has this thing with as long as the name is familiar, he says yes. I need to know the person and be friends with them IRL for me to be ok with them seeing my every online action. :p

integrebel

Smash Rookie
I never send friend request because i feel like i am one of those ppl who are competing to have large amount of friends.

But i accept friend requests but thats if i chatted/ or atleast brawled the person, but if never contact for a long time i delete them. except in my myspace lolz

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
If someone bothered to add me, I'll accept. I believe I have 3 friends in total. Feel free to add xD

DJayS

Smash Apprentice
if they're friendly then yea I accept them :)
just no random friend requests though XD
but I wanna try to keep the friend count low so I don't get all confuzzled with ppl haha XD

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
If it's someone I've at least spoken to a few times, I accept.
If it's someone I recognize and am likely to speak to at some point in the future, I accept.
If it's a Pika player or ToS member, I accept.
Complete randoms..... no.

I also go through and purge regularly. Speaking of.... I should do that soon.... (hmm)

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
"F*** off you c***" *Rejects*

But really, I accept them all because I feel kinda bad about rejecting people. XD
Usually though, I only get them from people I know. I rarely send them out myself, because I feel kinda weird doing it.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
My favorite thing to do here is talk on the VMs. However, I usually need to talk to someone a bit before I add them. It's better to have a few good friends, than alot of people I scarecly chat with. :)

I don't really have a problem SENDING out requests, unless the person is really good or has an impressive reputation. I hate being the n00b who tries to make friends with the elitists, as much as I would enjoy talking to them. :)

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Well, I don't reject them.

Not unless it's somebody which obviously hates me. But I haven't even had to deal with somebody that obviously hates me doing that.

I don't send out friend requests either. I'm too afraid of rejection. This goes for other sites as well. I RARELY send out friend requests even on Facebook... I wait for them to do it. It's rather tragic when I have a friend that is just like me, and we never become friends on Facebook, isn't it? XD

wool

Smash Ace
0 friends!! :(

Originally Posted by SwordmasterXXXI View Post
Don't care about them really. Don't really send anyout and pretty much accept any.

Top Bottom